As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Post-[Phalla]ism: Phalla After Death - Game Over - Mages/Angels Victorious

• Options
    RedasaurRedasaur Registered User regular
    Excuse me, but if you grew up watching that on MTV, you wouldn't have been able to remember it as 'blind melon' either.

You would have known it as the Bee Girl song. You find somebody in their late 20s and ask them about the Bee Girl song, and they'll be able to tell you it was that song. :P

Why not? MTV told you the name of the band when they played the video. I saw the video and owned the CD, too. :)

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Ketbra
    for not being a female for my "harem" scam in Dreamer Phalla! How dare he?

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Redasaur wrote:
    Excuse me, but if you grew up watching that on MTV, you wouldn't have been able to remember it as 'blind melon' either.

You would have known it as the Bee Girl song. You find somebody in their late 20s and ask them about the Bee Girl song, and they'll be able to tell you it was that song. :P

Why not? MTV told you the name of the band when they played the video. I saw the video and owned the CD, too. :)

lol

cause i never really paid that much attention to the names of the bands? (no i really didn't. i liked the music. but i know it's blind melon, i just wanted to call it the bee girl.... )

• Options
    RedasaurRedasaur Registered User regular
    Well, it's still as good a reason as any for a Day 1 vote. :)

• Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    stever777 wrote:

lol don't have that kinda money! (Also, not that big a fan of floyd much....)

D:

Ok well one out of two isn't bad.

Not today.
  • Options
    MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    Only one grudge vote so far?

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    MaxFrost wrote:

MaxFrost for something you did in the last Tropes phalla, but I can't remember the specifics.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to being day 1'd from the pottery ability of Patrick Swayze.
    virgil[color]

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    MaxFrost wrote:
    The night is still young... On that note, !KINGMOLE
    if the follow-up question is "why?"

the answer is: FOR ALKEY!

if there is another follow-up question

the answer is still : FOR ALKEY!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    stever777 wrote:

lol don't have that kinda money! (Also, not that big a fan of floyd much....)

D:

Ok well one out of two isn't bad.

i like the floyd that is played on the radio.

But I can't help but equate The Wall with many bad experiences in University that also went along with very bad potheads. :P

The music is great, music wise, and brilliant for composition and other things that make it great. But music holds so much an emotional charge and memory generation for me that it's tough to listen to and not equate with whatever happened originally.

I'm getting better, but it's still tough at times. :P

But I like "Money" and ummm The song with the clocks in the beginning (that was a great sound effect for when we did Christmas Carol in Uni)

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote:
    Also feckless it wasn't my fault you got day 1'd! I didn't even see your role PM, gonna go back and look for it. I was curious as to what your role was supposed to be :P

I was the guardian of dreams with a bunch of abilities like Vote Manip and Alignment Seer. I was supposed to be really awesome and cool and save the day and preserve the dream and stuff. I had big plans of networking and being useful. Instead, I got Day 1'd and spent the game sending useless messages to Spoit.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    i like the floyd that is played on the radio.

But I can't help but equate The Wall with many bad experiences in University that also went along with very bad potheads. :P

The music is great, music wise, and brilliant for composition and other things that make it great. But music holds so much an emotional charge and memory generation for me that it's tough to listen to and not equate with whatever happened originally.

I'm getting better, but it's still tough at times. :P

But I like "Money" and ummm The song with the clocks in the beginning (that was a great sound effect for when we did Christmas Carol in Uni)

Time is that song off of Dark Side. Everyone equates music to their personal experiences. That's what makes it so personal and interesting. I can have a totally different reaction to a song than you, no matter what the subject may be.
    But really, get the $ to see The Wall. You won't be sorry.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Votey votey vote, grudgy grudgy grudge...

romanqwerty!

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Teucrian wrote:
    Not very convincing friend.

My vote is clear: Harry Potter

Fucking lightning scar gives me the creeps anyway.

THIS.

Harry Potter.

• Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    !stever777 for being a cretin who hasn't played ME2 yet.

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    kuhlmeye

For dying before I got a chance to kill him last game.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Kingmole, because us non-ME2 playing cretin's have to stick together.

So looks like we do not discover our powers till we die, odd incentive. Also I think this is certainly one game dead villagers can claim victory for.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    Tmoiy

Why do the mafia keep tricking me :(

• Options
    because that's their JOB, silly Numbers.

• Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    Well, !CapFalcon has certainly made my Day 1 vote easy. I may have been gone for quite some time on my self-imposed exile, but I remember and keep to the old ways. Voting for someone on Day 1 of their first game?

Nefarious, I say.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oh the fedora.

how i have missed the fedora.

are you doing nano this year, Free?

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    I wish to crush all before me

Someone point me at something crushable

• Options
    I've heard rumors that VoidSlayer is crushable.

Glad to see you haven't been assaulted by ruffians, Gumpy.

• Options
    Certainly, Ahava. Good to see you as well. I was strongly considering doing the Camp Nano thing they started this year, but then I didn't actually write anything for the first 12 days of August. So.

November should be right on schedule (or I suppose write on schedule if being droll is desired) for literary misadventures. Ah, and if it isn't everyone's favorite robotic bear.

Magnificent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    excellent.

i'm still holding out on the scrivener thing that they offered last year. I really would like to give that program a whirl. Mainly because the last 6 years of Nano have been basically me writing the research documents for the eventual novel/novels.

who knows, maybe this year I'll actually start working on the story.

• Options
    Hah. Which Scrivener thing? The 50% off deal they had for winners of last year?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Yeah.

but they still haven't released the full windows version and I do not have a Mac.

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    While true, crushing me is rarely worthwhile.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    While true, crushing me is rarely worthwhile.

True.

but he didn't ask for somebody WORTH crushing. He simply asked for somebody that was crushable.

• Options
    Aha, now I remember why I had a grudge on virgil! It was his incredibly silly advice at the beginning of loxley. Namely, that the vigs shouldn't use their powers, and that vanilagers should purposefully become a distaction. Because a fruitless fishing trip is so much less harmful to the village than the mafia

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Also a heads up phyphor, these votes are registering as being from () blank
    Redasaur wrote: »
    LonelyAhava, for not knowing who Blind Melon is. ("the guys with the bumblebee girl", indeed...)
    FreeAgent wrote: »
    Well, !CapFalcon has certainly made my Day 1 vote easy. I may have been gone for quite some time on my self-imposed exile, but I remember and keep to the old ways. Voting for someone on Day 1 of their first game?

Nefarious, I say.

And capfalcon voted, but corvidae also doesn't appear in your playerlist
    Capfalcon wrote: »

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    My ancestors whisper into my ear!
    "Why don't you get a job!? You're always off playing that spiritboy! Why back in my da"
    Grandmother! Shhh I am doing the best I can! Its not like there is that !
    "Excuses excuses! Anyways, that Spoit fella's spirit animal is always getting into my spiritweaves!"
    So Spoit

• Options
    Oh gosh, the text didn't copy very well up above!

• Options
    Ah yes, and retaba also is not in whatever database thing that you use to sort players

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    zzzzzzandracon

• Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Ah yes, and retaba also is not in whatever database thing that you use to sort players
    Is there something I need to do?

• Options
    !Voidslayer, your skin will make a fine hat

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    You know who is an awesome wizard who also hangs out with the dead?

Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    !Gumpy, your skin will make a fine butte

• Options
    You want a steel butte?

I can respect that