As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Post-[Phalla]ism: Phalla After Death - Game Over - Mages/Angels Victorious

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote:
    That does look suitably alarming! I'm not really sure, I was just thinking they were mafia and maybe talked to each other and came up with a plan to fool us, but your idea makes my tinfoil hat senses go wild

and I like that

oh the
    THRALLVIG
    wasn't my idea. And it was real. :shock:
    look under MAFIA -Burnage-Vlad

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote:
    You're a wizard now, Infidel

I am the good wizard.

OrokosPA.png
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote:
    Retaba wrote:
    You're a wizard now, Infidel

I am the good wizard.

That sounds like something the evil wizard would say.
    http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/41541/are-you-the-traitor

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Egos, you're making it impossible for me to possibly trust anyone now, ever : (

Shhh, its ok! Tinfoil hat will protect me
    will protect me
    protect me

Retaba on
  • Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    That is usually a good outlook to have during phalla

Not today.
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Getting out of work exactly at vote close is kinda a butt.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    edited August 2011
    Welcome to the tribal party! We're in the process of killing Maxfrost, who is possibly cursing Jason Todd, who is possibly killing Wandering Hero
    Whatever happens in the Tribe, stays in the Tribe

Retaba on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    But yeah, odds on Jtodd's kill not going off and him claiming to be roleblocked?

steam_sig.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    A vig revealing themselves before actions are in being screwed with? Perish the thought! :bz

liEt3nH.png
    Retaba, you can trust me.

I wouldn't lie about that . I'm the egos.

• TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    The mafia knows I'm on to their wizarding ways.

edited August 2011
    Oh ok, well of course! Let me just tell you all my secrets!
    Epic Reveal!
    bSjAY.png
    I am the Tribal Shaman!
    I can only once infuse a corpse with the spirit of a slain Villager who will live for that day
    This is fake, of course!
    (This is how its done, right?)
    Now shh, Egos! Don't tell anyone

Retaba on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    i am

the bomb

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I am the dude from Prey.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    I shoot spirit arrows at eagles and run out of keys on Steam when it goes on sale for $2.49 and NEVER GETS MORE KEYS IN STOCK.

my special power is that i am already dead
    hokuto1.jpg

liEt3nH.png
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Day 1:

The Cultist remained still as he noted two figures approaching him. He’d hoped for a lot more attention, a lot more focused hate with his death. Still, this would do.

After having his skull crushed and bisected in two, his body began to burn with black flames, the ashes gathering around a grimoire he carried. When the smoke cleared a robed skeletal figure remained, its bony jaw almost smiling as it faded away…for now.

Phyphor charged his target, wooping in exhilaration as he brained Zandracon. The warrior examined the fresh corpse…ruffled through its belongings, examined its clothes… then sighed. There was no sign of a wizardly disguise.
    Suddenly, Phyphor spotted a robed figure at the bottom of a hill. Seeing a fellow tribesman in the bushes to the right, he signaled for him to join in an assault on this mage.

They were both caught short as the man raised his arm, enveloping both tribesmen in flames.

At the center of the camp, MaxFrost was raised onto a pyre which was quickly set ablaze. This man seemed to keep to himself far more often than the others, clearly a sure sign of a mage.

However, as he appeared a procession of ghostly figures appeared. The tribesmen bowed at the appearance of their ancestors, then sat at attention.
    The ghosts shook their heads sadly. The phalla tribe had not succeeded tonight. One of the number raised his ghostly hand, and the spirit of MaxFrost flew to join those who had passed away before him in the afterlife.

Two men arrived at the agreed upon location, under a temporary truce to discuss the situation that unfolded, the presence they both felt.

“There now exists a threat to the entire world! Take your tribe and leave, and we’ll be able to banish that spirit to where it belongs!”

The other sighed. “The same could be said for us. If you would stop intruding on our soil, killing our men, I am sure with time we could easily devise a plan to thwart the presence we now both sense.”

“As if your superstition-riddled nonsense could counter it.”

“…and sadly, we cannot trust your magics, either.”

They were at an impasse. Nothing could be done while both sides of the conflict remained.

Day 1 Eliminated
    MaxFrost – Spirit Stalker - Vote
    Zandracon – Tribal Villager – pummeled
    Wandering_Hero – The Cultist – pummeled and cut in half.
    Phyphor – Tribal Warrior – brought a club to a wizarding fight
    DeliciousTacos – Tribal Villager – cooked with magic flame

Inactivity Warnings:
    The Anonymous
    Zerinan

Day 2 has begun, and will close at 9 PM EST on Saturday.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    Heh

Not today.
    Not today.
    I am not certain that killing Wandering Hero was a good idea.

HOLY F#$K ZANDRACON WAS A TRIBAL VILLAGER!
    censored this time...for the children

oh my goodness someone lied about benefitting the village if they die

what a tweest

liEt3nH.png
    edited August 2011
    I think killing him was a very bad idea, yes... now we have to deal with liches along with wizards
    tinfoil hat time

(I voted to kill him, oh gosh)

Retaba on
    Egos are you magical? I kind of think you might be magical.

So I guess Jason Todd was telling the truth? Atleast we have a network head!

edited August 2011
    So just to refresh folks: There's no actual reason to kill villagers. We uh, we win by killing the mafia, not the village.

e: Jason Todd was telling the truth about having a kill. We don't know that he's village yet, since from the start of the game we were informed that kills would not be colour-coded.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
    To be fair we did kill one of them! He just came back into unlife with a very evil grin

Oh and here's a question I wanted to ask when I read the thread but it happened earlier in the day when I wasn't around. Why are we just okay with Rend talking to demons? Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I don't feel like demons are something we want in this town.

I think the demons were a named the Tribe had for the mages?
    I am guessing that its mage versus tribe and now there is an evil both sides have to fight?

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    So just to refresh folks: There's no actual reason to kill villagers. We uh, we win by killing the mafia, not the village.

e: Jason Todd was telling the truth about having a kill. We don't know that he's village yet, since from the start of the game we were informed that kills would not be colour-coded.

Jason has the same kill type as Phyphor, who had the title "Village Warrior". I think he's in the clear.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Cultist and Mage's guild don't seem like the same thing to me.

Usually cultists are indicative of some kind of recruitment power potentially for a third party. Perhaps WH could only start recruiting once he was dead.

Nice. A cultist.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    No, Teucrian, you are the demons

Oh I see, see we started an evil that both sides have to defeat...
    This is turning out to have an epic questingly feel to it

• Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    I specifically named myself as a Tribal Warrior, and mentioned a club.

Phyphor died green, as a tribal warrior, with a mention of a club.

I think this should be enough to confirm me, on top of my called kill.

filefile.jpg
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Baidol wrote:

Jason has the same kill type as Phyphor, who had the title "Village Warrior". I think he's in the clear.

It looks like two people killed Wandering Hero. Someone sliced him and someone punched him really hard in the face. Jason Todd could be either one of those kills, so I wouldn't say he's 100% confirmed yet but he's certainly on his way.

Edit: Whoops, forgot those extra details he provided. Carry on!

Locus on
    Specials, let's chat.

filefile.jpg
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Maybe WH's power was to convert those who killed him. And if the vote killed him, maybe he converted everybody (probably not, but maybe everybody that voted for him).

That would be one crazy power, but this is a crazy phalla.

Maybe he steal's their ghost power?

I was conflicted about killing Wandering Hero.

He was spamming me with PMs throughout the day, begging to be killed. I assumed he was either a village idiot or an overly eager good special. I failed to consider that he could have been an evil sk-monster-cultist-thing.

filefile.jpg