As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bustin' [chat]s

• The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Nana wrote: »
    celery77 wrote: »

Well, he's just looking out for his friend. It is mostly her at fault when she's necking with someone else behind her boyfriend's back, but the guy just wants you to stop helping her do it. If it's like wham, bam, smack punches, yeah, that's an overreaction, but a punch in the arm isn't that big of a deal, and just him trying to get across a message.

I don't think what he did is really looking out for his friend. He could have just told his friend about his girlfriend's behavior, why risk getting in trouble over some some chick that obviously isn't all that loyal to your friend anyhow.
    Boy code, man.

So, If you were the guy that punched someone who your friends girlfriend was making out with...would you tell your friend what happened?
    Yes, you tell your friend what happened. It is the Code.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Johannen wrote: »
    Well the guy who punched you over-reacted as well, but really the bottom line is the girl you made out with is the problem here, and if I were you I'd send all kinds of facebook messages to her boyfriend taunting him about how she's a crappy kisser and guessing that she's cold fish or something, where does she pick up her cues? etc.

I was thinking of adding the "how do you know this person part" as "I totally had his girlfriend". But thought it may be too cruel and undeserving. I said o.k to adding him plainly because I want to see what the hell reason he could have for wanting to do it.

I'm really just annoyed because I lost a £220 ($430) watch that I had for my 18th birthday due to the stimbling sideways into a bench. He came up to me again later on and was telling me how he knew people and how it was my "last chance". (I don't know what for).

So I laughed in his face then threw him to the side and told him to stop being such an idiot. Then I left and just went the hell home.
    Next time you see him, push him off a bridge.

Alternatively, make him buy you a nice new watch. Then push him off a bridge.

Hacksaw on
  • JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    VishNub wrote: »
    It occurs to me that I have done nothing at work today other than possibly figure out what is wrong with my most recent effort at science.

You can't graft extra length onto you penis without significant bloodloss to your brain?

Johannen on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »
    oh it's half-on mister hacks

or probably more like a quarter-on because you used half-drama instead of half-queen or half-drama-queen
    Sup Obo.

What are you rambling about?
    i rarely know the answer to that and really i get by well enough without knowing it

honestly i'm just lounging around sucking up free wireless from down the street because i ain't got nothing better to do (Mondays suck)

it's also the only day of the week i ostensibly have a car but as usual my father "just happened" to have to take care of all his errands today

but in reality i know he is at the house i was staying at up until a few days ago swimming in the pool that i had chores to maintain because i saw him took his swimming trunks

with my car parked in the driveway of the house that had the room where i used to stay

honestly it is all so fucking convoluted i just want to fucking bicycle to california or something and start all the fuck over

Oboro on
    words
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »

Well, he's just looking out for his friend. It is mostly her at fault when she's necking with someone else behind her boyfriend's back, but the guy just wants you to stop helping her do it. If it's like wham, bam, smack punches, yeah, that's an overreaction, but a punch in the arm isn't that big of a deal, and just him trying to get across a message.

I don't think what he did is really looking out for his friend. He could have just told his friend about his girlfriend's behavior, why risk getting in trouble over some some chick that obviously isn't all that loyal to your friend anyhow.
    Boy code, man.

Bullshit, cel.
    Hap are you arguing with the Code?

It's fairly clear:
    Rule #17 wrote:
    If thou shalt see thine friend's girl kissing someone who is not thine friend, thou shalt then box the man who is not thine friend kissing thine friend's girl.

I don't see how you could get that mixed up.

edited June 2007
    Man, fuck tha code. Burn down the Establishment!

Hacksaw on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's sad seeing you cling to rules, cel.
    Fight the man!

Edit: You got it, Hacks!

Haphazard on
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It occurs to me that I have done nothing at work today other than possibly figure out what is wrong with my most recent effort at science.

You can't graft extra length onto you penis without significant bloodloss to your brain?

No.
    6707be7.jpg
    61507bux0.jpg

The band that goes all the way across the middle in the first has moved in the second. That band is linear sheared DNA, while the other bands are all coiled plasmid dna. I propose that because the two kinds of dna run differently (in terms of size/speed) that a change in gel conditions could cause the differences in the two gels.

VishNub on
    edited June 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Is this the chick who kissed you on the chin that one time? I think I still have a picture of that somewhere.

That's only slightly creepy.

Seriously though. I hope you're kidding.

VishNub on
    edited June 2007
    Ah I just realised that's exactly what you said.

Johannen on
    edited June 2007
    Man, fuck science.

edited June 2007
    That's DNA? I'm made of this?

Man. :(

Haphazard on
    edited June 2007
    Whaaaaaa. I'm an English major.

VishNub on
    edited June 2007
    Clever, Vish, clever, but let me take this opportunity to point out that "Whaaaaaa" is not a complete sentence.

edited June 2007

The DNA has been dyed.

Edit: Plus, that's just bands of a solution/sample containing DNA.

Johannen on
    edited June 2007
    Clever, Vish, clever, but let me take this opportunity to point out that "Whaaaaaa" is not a complete sentence.

I didn't write it. You did. Shows what that degree was worth.

VishNub on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh man, you're a better man than I Johannen. I would have eviscerated the guy.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited June 2007

The DNA has been dyed.

Like many, many people it's still lame. :P

Haphazard on
    edited June 2007
    Goddammit Vish.

• NanaNana Fuzzy Little Yeti Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    VishNub, what exactly do you put in the gel to get those bands? Do you have to like make a culture of DNA mixed with chemicals? Would blood do anything like that if you put it in there?

Nana on
    3DS Friend Code: 3823-8688-4581
    edited June 2007
    Goddammit Vish.

<3

VishNub on
    edited June 2007
    My DNA is actually made of Cats, Gnats, Ants, and Tanks.

The Tanks usually just stomp the Ants, though, and sometimes entire chromosomes are lost temporarily due to collateral damage. Nevermind the fact my Cats spend all of their time chasing Gnats instead of synthesizing proteins.

wait what

Oboro on
    words
    edited June 2007
    Is this the chick who kissed you on the chin that one time? I think I still have a picture of that somewhere.

Hey, you posted the picture.

And the only reason I kept it is because it's the only one I have of you.

Hacksaw on
    edited June 2007
    VishNub, what exactly do you put in the gel to get those bands? Do you have to like make a culture of DNA mixed with chemicals? Would blood do anything like that if you put it in there?

In general, you take a culture of bacteria (usually e. Coli) put them through a series of solutions that basically wrecks the cell walls so the DNA (and everything else) out and then bind the DNA to some solid. Once the DNA is bound, you remove all the other crap, then add another solution that puts the DNA back into solution, load that into a gel and run it.

VishNub on
    edited June 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    Oh man, you're a better man than I Johannen. I would have eviscerated the guy.

When i'm drunk (or sober) I pretty much detest fighting. I've never been hurt in a fight and I was a freaking lunatic with a horrible temper when I was younger, but now I just hate the whole idea of it. It's just needless and fucking stupid, I don't really care if the guy felt big or anything I just don't like hitting people. (I also have a fear with fighting that i'll them him, lose it, and then not stop hitting them). I'm not big or tough or anything I just don't see how it is part of a good night.

Also, I just wanted to see if i'd actually done anything wrong in the situation. So I came to you (sometimes) objective sons of bisatches. :P

Johannen on
    edited June 2007
    Goddammit Vish.

<3
    Sorry I haven't been around for piping. I am like dating someone now and it tends to take up a bit of time. When I have a free evening again I am totally down to just spend the night inside listening to music. Hopefully I'll be able to find you online, you can share some of the Leppard with me.

edited June 2007

VishNub on
    edited June 2007
    Goddammit Vish.

<3
    Sorry I haven't been around for piping. I am like dating someone now and it tends to take up a bit of time. When I have a free evening again I am totally down to just spend the night inside listening to music. Hopefully I'll be able to find you online, you can share some of the Leppard with me.
    All my friends are being stolen by the wimmenfolk. I ask myself: what do they have to offer that I do not?

Hacksaw on
    edited June 2007
    Nine months later I'm the lonely one
    With all the fruit of labor and half of the fun
    :whistle:

Oboro on
    words
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

There's like ... a dozen pictures of Vish playing Ultimate Frisbee out there... :P

Aldo on
    edited June 2007

I'm going to go ahead and take your creeped out silence as an emphatic "Yes."

Hacksaw on
    edited June 2007

Either he's setting up a "list" and keeping references, or he's fapping his elbow into dislocation to a picture of you getting kissed on the chin.

Johannen on
    edited June 2007
    Goddammit Vish.

<3

I am also busy of late. Living with people you actually like seems to have that effect. Crazy.

VishNub on
    edited June 2007
    Goddammit Vish.

<3
    All my friends are being stolen by the wimmenfolk. I ask myself: what do they have to offer that I do not?
    It's a trap, I know, but I mean it's got some perks, too.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    In your case...

I dunno man *.

I totally called you a faggot, eh, eh EH?

Aldo on
    edited June 2007
    I can... post... other ones. BUt then he'll just have two. And that's maybe more creepy.

VishNub on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Obo, do not peddle to Cali. Go to Texas. Outside the Dallas Area. I will be there. I will give you a guiding hand.

I, PROFESSOR OAK, otherwise known as the POKEMON PROFESSOR, will help.

Gorilla Salad on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey Oboro.

That sucks Joh, I really would have hit him back, and there's no way you're in the wrong.

japan on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Why the fuck would a guy beat up on somebody for kissing his friend's girlfriend?

It's the girl's responsibility first, the boyfriend's responsibility second. The buddy shouldn't factor into it at all.

That's just bullshit right there.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited June 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    Nine months later I'm the lonely one
    With all the fruit of labor and half of the fun
    :whistle:

You're pregnant? :o

Haphazard on
This discussion has been closed.