As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAXTrain is over: Share your pictures and stories.

• ikelewisikelewis Awesome Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    So it looks like I will be joining this awesome group this year. I got a temp job that has me in cali up until PAX so I will be joining the train in Sacramento. Hope to meet a few new friends and most of have fun!

P.S. I have a copy of Pirate FLuxx I haven't played yet. Also XBox 360s.

ikelewis on
  • AcubedAcubed ArizonaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    TNTrooper wrote:
    Ah, cool I am down in Gilbert myself. I'am only flying cause I didn't have anyone to roadtrip with and share a hotel room in LA can't really change plans this year but if you guys are doing the same thing next year I can join you. You stocking up at http://www.popsoda.com/ by any chance?
    The one person flying is flying up and riding back, so you'll miss each other.

We're ending up taking the overnight train from Maricopa just south of Phoenix to LAX, arriving at 8:30 am, two hours before PAXTrain departs.

There's a store a bit closer by though I keep forgetting the name, though that looks very similar.

How many consoles + monitors are are coming so far? If it's needed I can possibly bring a Wii, 24" HDMI/VGA/DVI computer monitor right from the start at LAX (no dedicated speakers, the monitor has poor speakers, and there's no way to connect the Wii, maybe I can borrow another monitor if an Xbox out there wants to use the HDMI or VGA in).

Acubed on
  • Cuddly AardvarkCuddly Aardvark Registered User regular
    My shirts came today, the little button was an awesome surprise.

Thanks.

• SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    My shirt arrived. It's a little too awesome. I feel inadequate.

• YordheimYordheim Registered User regular
    Weenog42 wrote:
    Games I Will Bring:

[
    Games I May Bring (if sufficient interest is expressed)
    Arkham Horror

Arkham Horror Please!!

Vikings > ninjas > pirates
  • Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    Two future PAXors modelling the latest fashion.
    6047079592_1f14e8a52a.jpg

• Weenog42Weenog42 Registered User regular
    Arkham Horror Please!!

Noted. When are you getting on? We would probably need two tables - one for the board, and one for the components (and I don't even have any expansions - it's a beast).

Weenog42 wrote:
    Arkham Horror Please!!

Noted. When are you getting on? We would probably need two tables - one for the board, and one for the components (and I don't even have any expansions - it's a beast).
    I start my trip in flagstaff, az so i'll be on the train the whole way. Where will you be gtting on?

I get on in Los Angeles at Union Station, aka the real whole way. I'm sure we can carve out enough space for Arkham Horror.

Lol yes, I realize that's the real whole way. I'll be getting there after my initial 11 hour trip. Yeah, I'm sure somewhere in the 34 hour trip we can get a game in lol.

• ChazzonChazzon Registered User regular
    If anyone needs a hotel room the night of the 23rd I have reserved on at the Kyoto Grand hotel. Only 1 king size bed, so...You will get a couch if they got one, or the bath tub. But beats shelling out for your own room, or chilling at union station. Have a shuttle already set up to take me their as well. If someone wants to share for that night, you don't gotta pay. But if your feeling heavy in your wallet and wanna donate I won't say no.

• MallinMallin Registered User regular
    Are we going to have someone from the cookie brigade distributing and collected on the train this year? Because If I get accepted into the group, my girlfriend and I would like to donate some baked goods to help out.

• DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Current list of games I'm bringing:

diceagetheneweraofdicep.jpg
    Dice Age
    Glory to Rome
    The Resistance
    Jungle Speed
    Covert Action
    M:tG

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    On pizza we are looking at 3 larges right now. I'll be taking the PayPal links down on Monday after banks close. Unless there is a large number of people pitching over the weekend the order the order isn't large enough that I need to phone it in advance so I'll be collecting cash till noonish Thursday.

steam_sig.png
  • Dr.BBSparklesDr.BBSparkles Registered User regular
    I will be joining the train to PAX! Woot enforcer power!

I'm sad I missed the shirts though :(

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Hey, for the T-shirts, can I still send PayPal now? Or would you prefer I wait until we're on the train to pay for the shirt at this point?

xderwsaxganu.png
  • GreylockGreylock Registered User new member
    This is awesome - thanks so much Mike (and others) for arranging/putting together the train tips. Bumped into you folks coming back from PAX last year, thought it was brilliant - looking forward to joining you all. I'll be bringing cash for pizza, and will do my best to get one of those T-shirts (I just stumbled upon this forum thread, so late to the party :) ).

• TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    probably should have brought this up earlier but . . . is anyone planning or able to bring a rockband set up? It's an annual tradition to play rockband in the arcade car and i'd hate to think that it won't happen this year.

SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
    We will probably need some paper plates for the pizza as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Chee-Kay EchsChee-Kay Echs Registered User regular
    Hello.

Just to let you know, in general, I start assisting passengers in the sleeper section first, then coach. If you need assistance from this redcap (or want to make sure I gets t-shirts), ask either the ticket desk when you check in to make a note in your reservation, or let the car attendant know so they can radio me. See you all soon!

Hey, for the T-shirts, can I still send PayPal now? Or would you prefer I wait until we're on the train to pay for the shirt at this point?

You can still pay via paypal. I'm just not taking new orders for shirts.

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    probably should have brought this up earlier but . . . is anyone planning or able to bring a rockband set up? It's an annual tradition to play rockband in the arcade car and i'd hate to think that it won't happen this year.

I have Rock Band 1 & 2 and Guitar Hero 3 & World Tour for 360, but no instruments. If somebody can bring the console and instruments, I can fill out the catalog. :)

xderwsaxganu.png
    Weenog42 wrote:

You can still pay via paypal. I'm just not taking new orders for shirts.

Awesome. Sent!

xderwsaxganu.png
  • CirdanCirdan Registered User regular
    Have we decided on LAN games for laptop play? We have someone bringing network equipment so we can do some gaming. I'll have Minecraft for sure and will be able too setup a local server for everyone to connect to. I also have access to TF2, Starcraft/2 and Civ5. Just let me know so i can preload them

• ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Out of experience, LAN laptop/netbook gaming doesn't work well. Limited power sources on the obs deck means limited playing time plus the whole deck will be packed with people playing tabletop games and it'll get really loud well into the night.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • BearbarossaBearbarossa Registered User regular
    I have Rockband 2, Track Pack 2, Lego Rockband, and instruments. If no one else has brought theirs, update the thread before 5pm tomorrow so I know to bring them. I can at least provide two guitars and the mic =)

• SUNNYHEADCASESUNNYHEADCASE Registered User regular
    Are there any D&D groups still looking for a stray? It totally just hit me that it's tomorrow and I never asked. I'd love to be throwing dice up the West Coast :)

Are there any D&D groups still looking for a stray? It totally just hit me that it's tomorrow and I never asked. I'd love to be throwing dice up the West Coast :)

Not to harsh your buzz, but past experience tells me that the train is not a great roleplay venue. It can get loud and crowded quickly, with many interruptions and distractions. My fiancée and I would love to play, should you find a place. But I wasn't going to bring anything beside dice, given the difficulties.

I'll see you guys tomorrow morning. Adonus and I will be catching a Metrolink from Pomona to LA. We'll be around there at like 8-ish.

I'm guessing from the other thread that the M:tG draft will be moved to Sheraton? Would still love to play some EDH on the train though.

We're not sure. If there's enough people on the train to want to do it, then it'll be on the train for sure.

edited August 2011
    And train has internet.

Edit: Touhou on a train is hard.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    As far as I know we still need a rockband set up and a tv or projector

SkOelFN.png
  • BearbarossaBearbarossa Registered User regular
    I don't want to bring Rockband if we don't have a way to play =(

• gidgetsgidgets Registered User regular
    Anyone else getting on in Emeryville? Will be at Emeryville with Bitstream, Zedarius, and operativesix. YAY PAX!!! ANXIOUSFACE!! See you all soon!

P.S. If anyone has a tripod for the group photo we usually take, it would be much appreciated!! I cannot find mine :(.

• gidgetsgidgets Registered User regular
    Does anyone have twister or is bringing it? I would like to participate this time!!

i didn't have room to bring twister this time unfortunately

SkOelFN.png
    Oakland seems quieter than usual

I'm glad I brought Martian Dice. It isn't too different from Zombie Dice but it sure makes the games a bit more exciting.

We need someone to pull out Zombie Flux sometime tomorrow.

steam_sig.png