As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shadows of the DAMNED- Hot girlfriends... FROM HELL. Suda X Mikami X Yamaoka

123457»

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Alright, the George boss fight cemented this game as being a must-have. It's terrifying, hilarious and completely twisted. I didn't think you could make something that both makes you laugh and scream in terror.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    FelixSomethingSomethingFelixSomethingSomething Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    FUCK the big boner, stage 4-1. I'm on the third of god knows how many of these sequences and it's just a huge pain in the ass.

Also overhearing someone talk about this game without knowing what they mean must be pretty strange.

FelixSomethingSomething on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    FUCK the big boner, stage 4-1. I'm on the third of god knows how many of these sequences and it's just a huge pain in the ass.

Also overhearing someone talk about this game without knowing what they mean must be pretty strange.

Third of three, if that makes you feel any better

Xagarath on
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Xagarath wrote: »

Third of three, if that makes you feel any better

I was having trouble with that stage too. You just have to make sure all your shots are one-hit kills. :P

Jurg on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    so I got this. I am a HUUUGE Suda51 fanboy, but that aside, I fucking love this game. It's completely, unashamedly insane, and while some of it's a pain in the ass, overall it's pretty damn fun and creative.

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So I'm on Act 4
    just beat the last sister
    and the game is very easy so far...I swear I picked Demon Hunter difficulty. Does it get much more difficult or should I crank up the difficulty next go around?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It never really does, tbh. I was kind of surprised as well. My deaths mostly occurred because of being stuck in the darkness too long and forgetting where I'm going. Which isn't so much death by lack of skill as it is lack of navigational ability.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    That's disappointing, as it's one of the only things holding this game back.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    That and a lack of New Game+/Chapter Select. Rather a grievous couple of exclusions, tbh. I might have kept the game after beating it had it included something along those lines.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Act 5 introduced an enemy that killed me pretty quickly. If I'd just kept dodging I would have been fine though.

AJR on
    Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    That dude has a chainsaw attached to his head. And nothing else. And said chainsaw is composed primarily of hearts.

There is nothing about this that I don't like.

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Just make a new thread for it, it deserves it.

More stuff on neogaf.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437942

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    That is my favourite kind of stupid right there.

• Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    I finished this last night. Outside of a few things here and there that soured the experience, it’s pretty great from beginning to end. They saved some pretty cool, crazy shit for the last few stages, which is something that I really appreciate.

I wish there was a reason to come back to it, but I'm happy with what I played.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    These Grasshopper Manufacture guys amaze me.

Actually, there is kind of a parallel here. It is another talking head, outrageous weapon kind of thing.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    So i got this horrible game from gamefly. Figured id squeeze some cheevo points out of it before i send it back. Im stuck on the bird boss, i took out his chest and wings and now his crotch is glowing. I figure thats where i need to shoot but nothings hurting him...

Edit: figured it out... Durr

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    I got it from gamefly this week and just finished it. It was a lot of fun!

One thing I really liked was how you could tell you were doing damage by the bloodspray. I don't remember a single situation where a bullet would cause its target to spew blood, but no damage was being made.

• Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    That skull just reminds me of Bob from Dresden...which alone is enough to sell me on the title.

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Bit of a necro post but despite my posting my intention to pick up this game back in June, I just finally fired it up for something I could have finished within a week before Zelda arrives.

Such a fun game! A stupid awesome blast from beginning to end. Resident Evil 4 + Suda Madness + Completely immature over the top Grindhouse stylings = a wild ride throughout.

Johnson & Garcia for comedy duo of the decade. The way they read those stories! I loved how Garcia is great at the violence, not so hot at the reading.

It kinda lacks replay value so I imagine you can now pick it up for a song, which I strongly suggest anyone and everyone does.

Johnson's song after the credits was the best end of game reward anyone could ever wish for.

Ever.

Bring on Lollipop Chainsaw.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    schmadsschmads Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I'm about finished with this game, and I enjoy the over-the-top ridiculousness, although my skills are lacking, so I'm playing on the amusingly named Lemon Hunter difficulty. Does anyone happen to know how many story books there are for the bosses? I've seen 3, and I think I missed the first one, because I didn't realize it was something I could use. I think I'll start the game over again when I finish it, just to listen to it. I think the reading is hilarious! This game is definitely worth a rent, especially if you're not crap at aiming with a controller :)

schmads on
    Battle.net/SC2: Kwisatz.868 | Steam/XBL/PSN/Gamecenter: schmads | BattleTag/D3: Schmads#1144 | Hero Academy & * With Friends: FallenKwisatz | 3DS: 4356-0128-9671
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I think it was four books.
    George, Stinky Crow, Reaper Sisters and Opera Lady who's name I forget.

Plus a story split over a few posters.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    schmadsschmads Registered User regular
    Thanks Jam Warrior. It turns out I miscounted and had seen all 4. Here's the list of books and acts in which they appear, for anyone playing through it (don't miss them, they're funny):
    Act 2-3: The Man Who Never Had His Fill
    Act 3-3: The Legend of Stinky Crow
    Act 4-3: Psychopomp and Circumstance
    Act 4-5: Beauty is Blind

I finally finished it last night, and I think it ended pretty well. In my mind it isn't as good as RE4 or No More Heroes, but it has a lot of personality which many technically superior games seem to lack. Garcia "Fucking" Hotspur, a badass demon hunting protagonist, and his British demon sidekick, made for a fun ride.

Battle.net/SC2: Kwisatz.868 | Steam/XBL/PSN/Gamecenter: schmads | BattleTag/D3: Schmads#1144 | Hero Academy & * With Friends: FallenKwisatz | 3DS: 4356-0128-9671
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I just finished this. It was my game I needed to beat by the end of Christmas break.

Holy fuck what fun. This game was superb.

Although honestly I have no idea what the hell happened during the ending. I did know it was badass, though.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow