As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Post-[Phalla]ism: Phalla After Death - Game Over - Mages/Angels Victorious

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    well, i mean, demons. probably a bad thing.
    though if you're not a bad thing, demons, please contact me! i'm bored.

also teucrian, you are suspiciously defensive.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    YEAHHH LANGLY

way to post close to me

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Well if we have a connection to the afterlife, they may not be.

But also wizards are known for summoning/controlling demons, so there is also that.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    If the narration was related to Rend's request, I would think Demon is a tribal name for the Wizards, possibly?
    But yeah if we have ghosts and undead liches, demons could be around : |
    Of course it could be related to Warban's thing or just Wandering Hero turning into the Undead
    Its not exactly clear

Retaba on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I do not approve of the shenanigans.

Capfalcon

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I wonder what abilities pop up tonight.
    Hopefully we have some guardians or something pop up.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    Capfalcon

although, jason todd seems real sketchy too... the narration is similar, but doesn't exactly line up....

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    i'll also throw this out there, my first phalla, feeling way out of my league....
    not sure exactly how the mechanics are working, also not sure how closely the narration is representing choices and whatnot.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    In the same boat! But what do you mean on the latter part? We voted Maxfrost out, Wandering Hero appeared to get vigged twice (possibly by Jason Todd)
    Phyphor brained Zandracon who was a villager and then died to a wizard, and another wizard killed Delicioustacos

Retaba on
  • Options
    Could be worse.

Could be a Burnage phalla. :P

• Options
    It's never a great idea to draw too much from narrative flavor text, unless it is made known that it is reliable beforehand. Often, stuff is just in there for fluff and isn't conoting real game mechanics.

The manner of death, though is worth drawing comparison with. Jason is pretty well confirmed by his call, his manner of kill, and phyphor's kill method.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Virgil, what are those suspicious posts that warban made that makes you suspect him so much anyway?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Do you want me to quote the ones that make me suspect him? Ok here we go
    warban wrote:
    Looks at his role pm. Looks like I'm going to be more useful dead than alive..... :)

But first...

A request for those who have some introspective understanding of what lies ahead. I would like to talk to you as we have much in common.

This was the start, then he posted a pony video song which was probably more for fun than threatening : )
    warban wrote:
    As much as would like to think I'm going to be useful dead truth be told I'm not going to be much more useful than most people.

Here's the deal. It's obvious that being dead let's people do things they could not in life. I just happen to know what my purpose in death will be. ( in this I'm looking for anyone else to contact me / or not, it's not that big of a deal with my position but it would help the village)

I have an ability which is completely useless without some degree of pre mediation though, granted the only external tool I need Is one of communication.

( Looking back at phalla's I have played in with dead mechanics I suspect we ether have people who can give voice to the dead in a single post fashion and those who can open lines of direct contact)

So I'm not super worried about making direct contact with those who can speak to ghosts. I'm just putting it out there for those who can speak to the dead that I may be of some assistance in the intel department after I'm dead.

I'm Interested in hearing from anyone else in the same position as me, this isn't mission critical though but hey since I need to semi reveal to be of use after I'm dead anything extra for the death talker will help. (death talker isn't the real role name but whatever works.)

Also I'm watching you mr.deflection.

Then he made another post I believe summing up the above and then at the end near vote close he voted, its not the most suspicious, but I consider it pretty shady!

Retaba on
  • Options
    Yeah sure

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    30 minutes till vote close.

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Capfalcon, but honestly if I die I'm not fussed. I'll vote for me too if the village wants to.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Retaba, your first suspect post for warban is a good reason to be suspicious, but it's leading you in the wrong direction.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    I don't understand, which direction is it leading me that is wrong?
    Other than voting for him

Retaba on
  • Options
    Okay, yeah, I can see how the networking thing may be viewed as suspicious, but the other reasoning inside the posts seems sound enough to me?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I suppose, I guess I am not understanding all of what he meant and mostly am focused on the other two things

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Capfalcon because I almost missed the vote and I think he is still in the lead

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    He is, by far

• Options
    edited August 2011
    To be honest I don't really need anyone to contact me anymore. IMO we have a fairly valid network head running the show now. And I have offered my ability's after death to him. The goal of what I was attempting to do is where I want it to be. You can vote for me if you want Retaba. I win ether way.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Unless someone hits Captfalcon before the vote, you should still be alive! Also, depending on what occurs I probably won't vote for you tomorrow soo hooray

• Options
    vote closed

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I fell asleep and thus didn't vote weeeee

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    suspicious

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    kime with new avatar?!

super suspicious

Steam
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    He switched for the time travel mini.

• Options
    Cythraul wrote:
    kime with new avatar?!

super suspicious

Timey wimey mini everyone go sign up

Steam profile
  • Options
    Yes, what did happen to the kimavatar?

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    ohno.

me and time travel do not get along.

curse you varcayn, curse you. <3

• Options
    ohno.

me and time travel do not get along.

curse you varcayn, curse you. <3

Haha good time :P

Also I'm allowed to temporarily change my avatar for thematic reasons, so there!

Steam profile
  • Options
    Ooh, I'm already signed up there!

Good call kime :D

Steam
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    How could they?

My own wife, capfalcon, hung by my own tribesmen on accusations of witchcraft. I wish her the best of luck in her afterlife. It is some small solace that our bond’s strength will always keep us together…

Though I greatly wish I could just take some time for myself to mourn, it is my responsibility to lead the tribe, and as such I must take account of what I have heard.

The others speak of a great hulking figure that cut one of our best warriors in half with one blow. It doesn’t seem like mages would use the massive axe that apparently did the deed…is there a third party in this struggle?

Kime and Void Slayer were the latest victims to the sorcery of the intruders. Though their position in life was small, I have great hopes that their strong ties to the tribe will motivate them to guide us in great ways in the afterlife.

May our ancestors watch over us. We have a tough fight ahead.

Day 2 Eliminated:
    Capfalcon – Chieftain’s Wife – vote
    Teucrian – Tribal Guardian – bisected with an axe
    Kime – Tribal Villager – exploded
    Void Slayer – Tribal Villager – struck with lightning

Kebra has withdrawn from the game and has been replaced by tmoiy.
    Zerinan has been replaced by Savant for inactivity.

Inactivity warnings:
    Matev
    Romanqwerty

As a reminder to everyone, players receiving an inactivity warning are spirit marked. This includes players who are replaced for inactivity.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    ooooOOOOoooo

Keepin' the streak alive

OOOOooooOOOO

• Options
    As a reminder to everyone, players receiving an inactivity warning are spirit marked. This includes players who are replaced.[/b][/color]

hahaha. #Oh boy.....

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Ok, so a guard is dead, that sucks. Mason should be in the network now, that's good., at least.

Huge axe could be wandering hero's doing, since it showed up tonight.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i cannot help but notice there are no vig kills

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Wait what does spirit marking mean?