As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video Game Deals

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Probably a little late, and not sure if it was just the one store, but Target seemed to have Ubisoft 3DS titles on sale. Like Any for $17.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote:
    urahonky wrote:
    Anything good for XBL subscriptions?

It turns out that Slickdeals has something if you want/need a headset and/or chatpad.

Buy.com has more or less the same deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Xbox-360-Live-12-Month-Gold-Messenger-Starter-Pack-/400234044583?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item5d2fcedca7#ht_2333wt_1189

12 months of gold, a headset, chatpad and 400 live points for $43, free shipping. Considering 12 months of Gold usually go for $60, that's a damn fine deal.

Holy shit:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-60GB-LIVE-Starter-Pack/dp/B001HHWFEY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1313283788&sr=8-6

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Bah, only 3 months. Nevermind.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    TWEWY came today. You guys were right, its pretty awesome, set the top screen to auto though.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Amazon just put a ton of DS/3DS/PSP games on sale. Some pretty nice deals in there.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Minecraft is buy one get one free. This offer only lasts the weekend though.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Oh, in case anyone's unaware, the Direct2Drive weekend sale has some tempting deals, like Dead Space 2 for $12, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for $16 and Alice: Madness Returns for $25.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Amazon's running a sale on handheld games.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Did anyone mention the sweet Guitar Hero bundles at Toys R Us for $30?

Cause if not, now is the time to get them.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Rock Band bundles too, apparently. I've heard the Beatles instrument kit is going for $30. That's a friggin' steal.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote:
    Amazon's running a sale on handheld games.

Ordered Tactics Ogre and Trails in the Sky for $35 total.

I love my PSP and y'all can go to hell.

• Options
    Picked up Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and an extra guitar w/game for around $42. Subtract from that $30 that my job gave me to go to the fair with and it's $12. THEN, subtract another $10 from when I traded in my extra copy of Warriors of Rock at a used game store and I made out like a bandit.

• Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:
    Oh, in case anyone's unaware, the Direct2Drive weekend sale has some tempting deals, like Dead Space 2 for $12, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for $16 and Alice: Madness Returns for $25.

I see none of that on sale when I go to that site.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:

Do you consider Tuesday to be "the weekend"?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I would have picked up one of those DJ Hero bundles for 10 bucks if they hadn't sold out instantly due to being a quick way to get rid of inventory.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote:
    Lawndart wrote:

Do you consider Tuesday to be "the weekend"?

Yes i realized my retardedness immediately after posting.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    Buy.com is selling 4000 Live funbux (which normally translates to $60) for $45.

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    son of a bitch, I just bought a plain 12 months XBox live, and could have really used the headset. Damn.

Although what I really need is one of those fucking wireless adapters since I moved my TV and can't reach the router anymore.

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Hey, fuck you buddy.

[EDIT]No longer pertinent.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    Achilles Last StandAchilles Last Stand Registered User regular
    Direct2Drive is having an indie game sale this weekend. Amnesia: The Dark Descent ($7.95), Jamestown ($5.95), Atom Zombie Smasher ($5.95) , Nightsky ($4.95) and Magicka ($3.95) are all on sale for decent prices. All of them have been on better sales on Steam but if you missed a few (like I did) it might be a good time to get them. I am thinking about Jamestown and Magicka.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    I cannot recommend Jamestown enough at the normal $10 price. $6 is a bargain.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    JihadJesus wrote:
    son of a bitch, I just bought a plain 12 months XBox live, and could have really used the headset. Damn.

Although what I really need is one of those fucking wireless adapters since I moved my TV and can't reach the router anymore.

Which wireless protocol do you use? (A, B, G, N?) Cause I got a wireless adapter for ABG (white, 1 antenna) lying around.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    PlayAsia has Dungeon Siege III for PS3 at

$16.90 for the normal Edition

http://www.play-asia.com/Dungeon_Siege_3/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-464m.html

and

$19.90 for the limited

http://www.play-asia.com/Dungeon_Siege_3_Limited_Edition/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-4bvf.html

Theres also been strong hints that a new (big) patch is coming and a story DLC is on its way for the game. So, maybe wait a little if you get it cheap now.

C2B on
  • Options
    Just a heads up, $9.99 DJ Hero, Guitar Hero, and Tony Hawk Video Game Bundles Ends Aug 20.

• Options
    THEPAIN73 wrote:
    Just a heads up, $9.99 DJ Hero, Guitar Hero, and Tony Hawk Video Game Bundles Ends Aug 20.

Yeah, all the big TRUs here in NYC have been out of stock since Monday. I'm going to a Best Buy and trying to price match it though. If not, it's 20 bucks at BB.

Should I get DJ Hero 1 or 2? Or both, if they each cost 10 bucks? I think I remember the first game having better tracks.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Better Music: DJ Hero 1
    Better Gameplay: DJ Hero 2.

I would get DJ hero 2 because I really, REALLY love the battle system they put in. Ideally? Both, though. So many good songs.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Well it seems that only DJ Hero 2 was available so I picked that up. Anyway, I'm sure I'll get better at this game eventually.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Anyone know if K-Mart price matches? I saw Toys R Us's B1G1 50% off deal on 3/DS and Wii games and would like to apply that to Devil Survivor Overclocked on Tuesday, but I have a K-Mart gift card.

• Options
    DeswaDeswa Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote:
    I cannot recommend Jamestown enough at the normal $10 price. $6 is a bargain.
    Its even today's Steam deal. for $5.

gobassgo wrote:
    "It ain't rape, it's surprise sex!"
    wii : 3788 3264 2419 8070
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    C2B wrote:
    PlayAsia has Dungeon Siege III for PS3 at

$16.90 for the normal Edition

http://www.play-asia.com/Dungeon_Siege_3/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-464m.html

and

$19.90 for the limited

http://www.play-asia.com/Dungeon_Siege_3_Limited_Edition/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-4bvf.html

Theres also been strong hints that a new (big) patch is coming and a story DLC is on its way for the game. So, maybe wait a little if you get it cheap now.

nice, ive been waiting for a deal on this

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote:
    Rock Band bundles too, apparently. I've heard the Beatles instrument kit is going for $30. That's a friggin' steal.

Was this the bundle with the awesome instruments or that "value edition"?

• Options
    Amazon gold box deals up all day today.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox

We've missed Persona 3 and Fifa 2010, next up is "Relive and play through memorable, historic moments of the Masters with this starter bundle for the PlayStation Move."

Coming up is Yoostar, "A mob of fun-loving zombies is about to invade your X360," and some PS3 mixed martial arts thing.

Deal of the day is Just Dance summer party.

Oh, and Unbreakable, it's ALL BRB bundles. But good luck finding them, most of us can't.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote:
    Amazon gold box deals up all day today.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox

We've missed Persona 3 and Fifa 2010, next up is "Relive and play through memorable, historic moments of the Masters with this starter bundle for the PlayStation Move."

Coming up is Yoostar, "A mob of fun-loving zombies is about to invade your X360," and some PS3 mixed martial arts thing.

Deal of the day is Just Dance summer party.

Oh, and Unbreakable, it's ALL BRB bundles. But good luck finding them, most of us can't.

That Masters one is the complete Tiger Woods 12 Move Bundle for $50. That seems pretty good. Current TW game, Move controller, and Move camera? That seems like a pretty good deal.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    damn, that tiger woods things was too good to pass up. there are a couple move games i sort of interested in, plus my GF likes golf games. win win!

• Options
    [999] is on sale on Amazon right now. Just $20. People seriously need to buy this game if they haven't already played it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Alright, guess I can't delete that post...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - $14.99

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - $19.99

Both are listed as out of stock at the moment, but are still purchasable at that price from Amazon. On the right side of the screen under "add to cart" and "add to wishlist" the first option is to purchase from Amazon at those prices.

:bz

adytum on
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    Damn. Wish I'd seen that yesterday--I was actually getting those for my cousin since it's his birthday this Sunday and he's getting a PS3. Ah well. Used it is!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Indica1Indica1 Registered User regular
    is the $48 dollar skyrim preorder still up anywhere?

If the president had any real power, he'd be able to live wherever the fuck he wanted.
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/ has a 20% off code, happy-payda-ysite. Should work on everything, including already-discounted preorders.

This discussion has been closed.