As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] Challenge Coins 2011 - for real now

• gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    tsrblke wrote:
    skarsol wrote:
    I wonder if you could get the die modified slightly to indicate that it was a reprint or something (tiny R in a blank area, etc). I'd think that would satisfy everyone.

I've only worked with Metal dies a few times ever, but I don't think it's that easy to just modify one. You'd risk destroying it by warping it or the like. It's probably not something they'd want to do.
    Which kinda brings up point 2, IANAL but who actually owns the dies? Depending on that it may not even be in the power of the person who actually paid for it to ask for it back. That would have been laid out in the contract for the die I suppose.
    (Yes I realize it was paid for by the forums group, but that doesn't stop the company from charging less than it actually costs to make the die, and retaining ownership of it.)

To the best of my knowledge, they have possession of the die, but need your permission to do anything with it. I know that NWT has the dies for the coin my friends and I had made while we were overseas, and unless we ask them to make more, they cant use it.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    I kinda figured that was the case. But you never know. Storing all the dies they've ever made would take a large amount of space, without much benefit after some amount of time I'd imagine. But hey, if they've got it ;).

• YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    They probably keep it in the warehouse for a specific length of time, and if there's no further production of that coin after (guess) 2 years, they scrap the die.

• ninjahqninjahq Registered User regular
    Sorry to be redundant, but any updates on when we can start ordering now that the die cutting cost has been met?

• S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    is this going to be done before pax? :/

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    S2000Gan wrote:
    is this going to be done before pax? :/

No, it's already been said in this thread that it will not be done prior to Prime. Proofs aren't back yet as far as I know, and the ordering isn't yet available either.

• S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Oh sorry, I missed that post xD
    Still looking forward to when these start being made! :D

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Slipstream0Slipstream0 Registered User regular
    I sent a follow-up email to the manufacturer, but our contact was out of the office today, should hear back tomorrow. will update when I do. :)

• mral777mral777 Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    Any news? I know its only been 2 days, but that can be like forever when waiting for something - hehe

still no word. ill email again monday.

still no word. ill email again monday.
    Methinks this is the time for phone calls, not emails, if they haven't contacted you in a week.

• jimgoingsjimgoings Registered User regular
    Late or not, I wants one. Or two. Maybe three. Clicking on the google order form now...

• namdor_07namdor_07 Registered User regular
    I hate to bring this up but I would really love to get a 2010 Prime coin. I am an Omeganaut this year so if someone is at the first round(as I can't guarantee I will make it past that) I would love to meet up if you have an extra and work out a deal.

• G4MERG4MER Registered User regular
    getting worried.. need an update.

g4mer_paxsig.png
    it IS a time-intensive project, a week is not a "long" time to wait.

• DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    And time in this case isn't something to get worried about - we aren't getting them in time for PAX no matter what happens, so what's an extra week?

Not worried about in time for PAX. Worried nothing is moving forward... and a lot of people who helped get the cast done wont see anything for their efforts. So asking for info every couple days on how the process is going is not asking to much I don't think. Or a Hey were still here, everything is moving forward slowly, we can expect to see the coins at such and such date.. blah blah blah. COMMUNICATION is key is all I am saying.

g4mer_paxsig.png
  • MaetrixMaetrix Registered User regular
    I'm cool with the wait - at least this way I know I won't accidentally lose the coin at PAX! Plus if it means a better product in the end I'm happy. I see the coin as a memento for PAX rather than something to have AT PAX (Isn't that what the Buttoneers are for?)

Blog | Twitter | Raptr | BUTTONEER!
    PAX2011 STATUS:"WAS MONDO AWESOME!"
    PAX2012 STATUS:"Is it too soon yet?!"
    Maetrix wrote:
    I'm cool with the wait - at least this way I know I won't accidentally lose the coin at PAX! Plus if it means a better product in the end I'm happy. I see the coin as a memento for PAX rather than something to have AT PAX (Isn't that what the Buttoneers are for?)

that would totally suck

but i agree, the coin is a memento for a PAX visited, kind of like visiting the Space Needle and getting one of those cool smashed pennies(I still have mine I got in 1985)

Payment has been made for the die-cast just fine. They will shoot me the URL as soon as its available. The coin IS happening, no need to worry there.

• ninjahqninjahq Registered User regular
    Maetrix wrote:

I did lose my coin at PAX last year, and let me tell you - it does suck! Luckily, a kind forum member sold me their extra (and even sent it with some other fun bonus items!).

• namdor_07namdor_07 Registered User regular
    Are there any other kind forum members? I have been trying to get a coin for months.

• qwhackerqwhacker Registered User regular
    ninjahq wrote:
    I did lose my coin at PAX last year, and let me tell you - it does suck! Luckily, a kind forum member sold me their extra (and even sent it with some other fun bonus items!).

geeksoap for the win!

just got an email from Eric (our contact) -- coin should be up sometime today for purchases! YAY! I believe it will be under this link - Coins!

though im not 100% positive. I have to take off to work and wont be back till tonight. If its not up by the time I get home, I will shoot him an email asking for the direct link. Thanks!

for east the coin was not under a searchable link (also, the coin pictured via that link for "pax east" is not the forum community coin, it's something else entirely)

• skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Looks like they made a coin on their own. Interesting. :P

why are you smelling it?
    the "coins" link doesnt lead to prime coin - so i am guessing there is a direct link?

• Sgt SupermanSgt Superman Registered User regular
    mral777 wrote:
    the "coins" link doesnt lead to prime coin - so i am guessing there is a direct link?

The link he provided is just a search result for Pax, I just clicked it and I see the Prime 2011 coin is up. Here is the direct link:

http://www.uschallengecoins.com/store/pax-prime-coin-2011

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
  • flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote:
    for east the coin was not under a searchable link (also, the coin pictured via that link for "pax east" is not the forum community coin, it's something else entirely)

Yeah, what the hell is that? It incorporates the Paul Revere statue that we had on the Real Coin, but it looks like it's meant to be a special Acquisitions Incorporated promo piece or something... which is really odd, since (much to my chagrin), there was no AI at PAX East....

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • CangoCango Registered User new member
    I missed out on last years coins... so if there is still a way to get one please let me know... It would look great next to the one I just bought...

OP is updated with the link now as well.

• DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Would I be correct in assuming that even paying for Express Delivery ($27!) wouldn't get us the coins before PAX?

no idea. Im trying for priority myself.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    So, am I missing something? The coins for last year were nearly double the price and that image is not of the actual coin.

Color me a bit concerned about that...

edited August 2011
    REG Rysk wrote:
    So, am I missing something? The coins for last year were nearly double the price and that image is not of the actual coin.

Color me a bit concerned about that...

maybe, with a larger expected run the cost is less per coin. as for the image, if they just got the ok to make the cast, they may not have an actual sample to post yet

dont actually know, just thoughts

Placed my order - woohoo
    Thanks you guys for doing this and making it happen... ... now we face the long dark of Moria... ... wait, no... now we face the long wait for Prime coin :)

mral777 on
  • YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    Order placed. There's no way ANY of those shipping options are gonna make it to Canada in the next 6 days, so I just went with the free shipping, which will probably take 2 months, heh.

• Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    2 ordered. Will be interesting to see how much the $2.63 first class shipping to Canada speeds it up. (My guess? None.)

Ordered 2. Thanks!

g4mer_paxsig.png
  • alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    Coins ordered - thanks! :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • AractorAractor Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Just placed my order...Thanks to everyone for making this happen, the coin looks great!

Attended: Prime 2011, Prime 2012, Prime 13, Prime 2014
    Enforced: West 2015, West 2016
    76561197962492129.png