As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Mechanics Test - Phalla Royale Discussion

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If Last Son survived the vote, it looks to me that he's the Lone Wolf. Given that he was (coincidentally) the lone survivor of his "team", I think I'm prolly right.

Shall we all kill him and then work out our differences tomorrow night?

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    So B:L, were you being devious or forgetful when you 'suggested' that Cj's group vote for me?
    *doesn't even look over at him* What do you think?

*taps the bat in his hands* I like these odds. Makes things that much more interesting.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    If Last Son survived the vote, it looks to me that he's the Lone Wolf. Given that he was (coincidentally) the lone survivor of his "team", I think I'm prolly right.

Shall we all kill him and then work out our differences tomorrow night?

Faultly logic go! Locus also survived the vote, and in the same manner that I did.

Anaximander started off with an item that could deactivate collars, which he used on Locus night one. After my team killed him we took it off his corpse and I used it on myself last night.

Last Son on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well, we almost ended it. Stupid swamp. Sayonara.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Fuck. Four shots and one hit.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Just so you guys know, I'm not going to be taking a swing at Last Son.

You guys killed my friends. Prepare to die.

!Vote Buzz Buzz

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    Fuck. Four shots and one hit.

Which reminds me. I've just been using random.org. Are there suggestions for any different RNG site to use? I rarely use them, so I don't know if they are all the same or not.

Sorry Elendil, the RNG hated you.

Ardor on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Frostee, you lucked out last night on the RNG. we have a +70% chance of killing you before you killed us.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    Voting appears to be tied between CJ Iwakura and Last Son. Just so I don't have to count this page and the last again heh.
    Pretty much, but I think something is going to happen.

Just so you guys know, Cj, Buzz, Grimmy, Vis...

There's a lover amongst your group.

Now, hey, I'm no 'phobe. I don't give a rat's ass if one of your guys are doing the brokeback. I just want to let you know so you don't suddenly take it from behind from one of your "friendlier friends", if you know what I mean.

And I think you do.

So who were the lovers? Cause if was Grimmy or Buzz then they're certainly the Lone Wolf, since he is the only one whom can survive their lover dying.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    So who were the lovers? Cause if was Grimmy or Buzz then they're certainly the Lone Wolf, since he is the only one whom can survive their lover dying.
    Take a look at who I'm voting for.

And I'm a man of my word. I'm not taking a single swing or shot at you.

I just hope you don't kill them before I get to them.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If we weren't in the swamp, you guys woulda been toast.

And fuck you, B:L, talking about us betraying you guys. Elendil tried to kill us first.

OOOOoooOOOO

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    OOOOoooOOOO
    *kicks visiblehowl's floating corpse*

Yup. Dead. Thought I was hearing things.

• Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Man, do I have to do this again? I'm tired of doing this defending thing.

No. I ain't the Lone Wolf. I'm not even a lover. Heck, I don't even know how you got your info, B:L. Who exactly told you they had a lover in our team? You implied yesterday that the lover was someone we'd have to be worried about. So, there'd be no real reason for any lover to tell you about their situation, since you'd probably have to worry about them yourself.

So...um...would that lover happen to be you?

Also, do we even know if the lone wolf's still alive? Do we have any reason to believe that his death would be announced? This whole lone wolf paranoia may be completely unjustified. I don't remember what happened in the original, but I don't think we got an announcement when the lone wolf died...if they did...again, can't remember.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    Heh, if that were true, you'd better keep an eye on your partner there.

A close eye...

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Frostee, you lucked out last night on the RNG. we have a +70% chance of killing you before you killed us.

I made the offer to give you all my weapons. You had a 100% chance to take my things and leave me to die by the vote, and instead chose to gamble on a 70% chance(which, by the way, if it had worked two nights in a row, my team would be perfectly justified in complaining about chance...)for absolutely no damn reason.

Sorry if I have no remorse for your team's faulty policy-making.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    Heh, if that were true, you'd better keep an eye on your partner there.

A close eye...

Kind of sad. !vote B:L.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bet no one saw this one coming.

!vote B:L for head booming.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Bet no one saw this one coming.

!vote B:L for head booming.
    D:

• Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »

I made the offer to give you all my weapons. You had a 100% chance to take my things and leave me to die by the vote, and instead chose to gamble on a 70% chance(which, by the way, if it had worked two nights in a row, my team would be perfectly justified in complaining about chance...)for absolutely no damn reason.

That wasn't my call. I didn't have any internet access all day, (moving apartments) and called my brother to just forward my plan I sent to Squashua to Ardor.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »

That wasn't my call. I didn't have any internet access all day, (moving apartments) and called my brother to just forward my plan I sent to Squashua to Ardor.

It was a busy weekend.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I !vote Buzz Buzz for explosive decapitation. I think this might be the smallest phalla(Thread wise) ever.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    When all orders are in, would you like me to end this early? Or would you like the full day in case you wanted to switch things up? I'm guessing the voting will not change.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Ending early is fine with me if the vote doesn't change. If people start changing votes I'd like it to last the full day so I can have a chance to respond.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    When all orders are in, would you like me to end this early? Or would you like the full day in case you wanted to switch things up? I'm guessing the voting will not change.
    I'm fine with ending it early.

Let's get this over with. :|

• Options
    edited June 2007
    Day 6 – Game End

Final Round: Enter the Lone Wolf – Last Son

Last Son cared for nobody. He signed up to play with all the rich kids, the poor kids, the popular and the nerdy ones too. He signed up because it was legal to kill them. Plus, it gave a sense of power to be able to be wanted. The professor eagerly added him to this year’s game roster since it was a guaranteed method of creating casualties. He had recently murdered the last of his teammates in a previous night’s blast, ensuring nobody would get out alive. Now, he was out in order to claim victory, so that he may play again next year.

Buzz Buzz and GrimmyTOA stood back to back as they were circled by Last Son and B:L. In the end, they agreed there was but one course of action. They pulled out their guns, a shotgun and handgun respectively and opened fire upon Last Son. Unaware of his prowess of combat and the fearlessness that came with it, he swiftly dodged out of the way in order to pull out his weapon of choice, a reward from a previous day, the uzi. Although he was hit, he would fire an endless volley of bullets that left Buzz Buzz and GrimmyTOA dead long before they hit the ground.

With everyone now dead, B:L simply put his sword down and stared upon the faces of the fallen. Everyone he has seen previously had the features of a person fearing death or depressed upon not leaving here alive. Last son was different. His final features were that of pure glee and potential madness. Not really taking any chances, he took his word and thrust it into the body just to make sure.

As he approached the abandoned school, B:L was greeted by the professor there with a smile. He had won the games and could now go home. He had proven to everyone that he was no longer some farm boy. The next year, when the annual game began, his name was on the roster again, but it was his choice this time.

Last day Actions:
    Last Son: (Uzi)
    Target Buzz Buzz x5
    Target GrimmyTOA x5

Buzz Buzz: (Shotgun)
    Target Last Son x2

GrimmyTOA: (Handgun)
    Target Last Son x3

B:L: (Sword)
    Target Buzz Buzz x2, if he died, GrimmyTOA x2, if he died, Last Son x2.

Special Roles:

Last Son – Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf:
    You’ve signed up to participate for fun. You’ve wasted your life away with this school bull and now you’ve actually got a legal opportunity to go kill those arrogant kids who you’ve had to put up with for years. You are not only better suited to kill, you are also much tougher to kill. Your attack chances are multiplied by 1.5 before modifications like team bonuses, terrain etc. So if your gun has a 40% chance to hit, it’s now a 60% chance to hit per shot. (40+40/2 = 60). Also, you have a permanent 20% dodge bonus and you must be hit by two successful attack on the same night to die. Most will think you’re just lucky. Little do they know. You also start on a team as well as the others, you do attend school, some of the time. You gain a +2% bonus to attacks and dodge for each teammate in the same zone as you. Your win condition is simply to be the last one standing. You can only be identified upon death as having a grin on your face when people see your body or kill you.

Devoutlyapathetic + Anaximander, FunkyWaltDogg + Jdarksun – Lovers

Lover Role:
    As a lover, you still retain the +5% team bonus as normal students do, but only with your respective team. You also gain a permanent +10% hit and +20% dodge at all times due to your bond. You must survive to get out of here or find another way out! However, if one of you dies, the other will immediately commit suicide after the night's actions.

You have several win conditions you can meet:

1) You can win with Jdarksun's team. (You two plus his team are left)

2) You can win with Funkywaltdogg's team. (You two plus his team are left)

3) You can choose at any point in the game to be out for yourselves only. Once you declare this, you will be sent an updated role pm and a new win condition. While you still can work with your respective teams for the bonuses and such, nobody will know if you chose this path but you two. You will then have the win condition where only you two must be left alive. Essentially, you will become a linked lone wolf.

4) You can commit suicide as your action for the night and if you do this when all lone wolves are dead (there's only one in this test), you have met your win conditions. When you choose to commit suicide, you cannot retract that action. I will let you know as soon as I am around if you met your win conditions. If you met your win conditions, it will not be announced as there may be multiple sets of lovers. Whether or not the lone wolves were dead at the time, you can write up a letter that the narrator will read the night you suicide.

If you meet the suicide win conditions where the lone wolf is dead, you get the following options:

1) You can name one living player who then has a 50% chance of committing suicide upon hearing about your suicide. You can do this on any night, including the night you died.

2) You are welcome to choose to have your zone shut down the day after your suicide. This will be announced in the narration.

If you commit suicide and the lone wolves are not dead, you are both simply removed from the game since you are both dead.

As a note, only the people who kill or encounter the body of a dead lone wolf will know who they are because they will not die in fear, but with a grin or smile on their face.

Melee Weapons: (1-5)
    Baseball bat – you can use this against one target per night with an 80% chance to hit.

Sword – You can select up to two targets to use this against at a 60% hit rate apiece. You may choose the same target twice to increase your overall hit to 120%.

Axe – This weapon has a 70% chance to hit a single target. You may choose to throw this weapon at the same hit % as above in order to give it a projectile speed (goes at the same time as other projectile weapons). If you do not kill your target with the throw, you must pick up the item upon finding it again. If you kill them, you automatically retrieve it. This weapon breaks the pot lid defense shield if the shield was the reason your attack missed.

Length of Wire – This can be used to strangle one person per night. It is a single use weapon that has a 100% chance to hit. It is used up when you make a successful attack. The pot lid defense shield cannot block this attack.

Switchblade – This weapon cannot be seen on your person. It has an 80% hit rate against a single target. It may be thrown to have projectile speed (goes at the same time as guns) at the same hit rate. However, if you do not kill your target, you must find and pick up the weapon again if you throw it. If you do kill them, you automatically get the weapon back.

Rocks/Sticks/Branches/Debris – 50% chance to hit your target. Can be thrown at projectile speed with a 40% chance to hit.

Projectile Weapons: (6-9)
    Handgun – This gun has 12 rounds in it. You may shoot it three times per night at a 40% hit rate. You may shoot at the same target multiple times to increase your overall hit %.

Shotgun – This gun has 6 shots. You can fire twice per night at a 70% hit rate. You can shoot the same target twice, increasing your overall hit %.

Uzi – This gun has 30 shots in it. Each shot has a 40% chance of hitting your target. You may fire this up to 10 times per night. You may shoot a single target multiple times which increases your overall hit %.

Crossbow – This weapon contains 6 bolts. Each bolt has a 60% chance to hit. You may choose to aim at your target, doubling your chance to hit, but your ability to dodge is completely negated during this time. The attacker can still miss, but you will have no bonuses, terrain, team or otherwise, to your dodge chance. The bullet proof vest cannot block this attack.

Explosives: (10-12)
    Hand Grenade – This item has a 100% chance to hit your target. It is single use only. This weapon also has a 70% chance to hit anyone else nearby your target, which means their team members defending or anyone attacking/being attacked by this person. This can hit your teammates, so be careful. You cannot kill yourself with this item.

Dynamite – This single-use item is used and set to detonate on a specific night by the person who sets it. You cannot move while using this item, but nobody can detect you planting this either. This item has an 80% hit rate which cannot be modified on anybody in the zone when it goes off, including teammates. You cannot kill yourself with this item.

Firecrackers – This item cannot be used while moving. It is a single-use item. When using it, it will cause everyone in that zone to dive for cover, canceling all actions of the night. This item goes after movement, but before all attacks save the stun gun. This will NOT cancel out the actions of the lone wolf, who does not fear much of anything.

Defensive items: (13-16)
    Pot Lid Defense Shield – This item is carried at all times and can be used to block the sword, axe and baseball bat. This is not a guaranteed defense, but it will reduce the chances a weapon has to hit by 50%. Beware the axe though, it can break this shield if you need to block the attack (it would’ve hit you if you didn’t have this item), but the shield will protect your life that night. You can actively use this to guard a teammate as your action of the night. This shield will protect against a single attacker per night. If you choose to protect a friend, you will protect yourself before protecting your friend. You must choose every night whether you will cancel your attack action if you are attacked by a melee weapon. (Example: I wish to attack Inquisitor with my weapon tonight, but if I am attacked by a melee weapon I am able to block, I will stop my attack on Inquisitor to try to save my own life.)

Bullet Proof Vest – This vest will give you protection from guns (not a crossbow bolt) by reducing the attacker’s chance to hit you by 80%. It is a passive item and is always protecting you.

Stun Gun – This is an item that you can use on a target with a 70% chance to hit which cannot be modified by anything. This item will cancel the attack of your target upon a successful hit that night. This item will go first in any situation. It has 3 charges. Charges are not used if you miss.

Camouflage – This gear provides you with an additional +20% chance to dodge incoming attacks from any target.

Miscellaneous items. (17-22)
    Binoculars – This item can be used any night to see everyone in adjacent zones.

Backpack – This item allows you to carry all of your equipment in order to conceal it. People will only see an item from you if you are attacking someone. If you aren’t attacking, they simply see you carrying a backpack.

Hacking Device – One use item which prevents your zone from ever closing down. Can be used while moving (Example: I move to zone 3 and use the hacking pick).

Collar deactivator – This item has 2 uses. It can be used while moving as well. It deactivates the collar of your target so they are immune to death by the vote.

GPS tracking unit – This item is in use at all times and does not take an action to use. It will show you the population of every zone each night. It will not show you who happens to be in the zones outside your own. However, it will show you anyone somehow hidden in your own zone.

Laptop – Single Use item. This allows you one of the following options. You can either block the zone that’s supposed to close that night from actually closing, disable someone’s collar or you can hack into the system and detonate the collar of a person of your choice. This action goes after all attacks occur, but before the vote, both death and deactivation. Hacking into the system also allows you to make a small speech during narration. On the night you use this item, you can also send me a sentence or two you would like the players to see in the narration. Feel free to mock them, call them names, call anyone out etc. Nobody will know who this is. If you want some laughter (Hahahahaha) or something in there, feel free to include it.

Thanks for participating, I truly appreciate it. I’d love feedback, questions, comments and ideas for the final game. We plan on having more items in play along with more roles. I’ll post some more thoughts on this.

The item list might have one or two changes from what I sent everyone. I got tired of updating the file in my email, so I was sending that information from home.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I think I need to tweak the hit chances a little bit as attacks are still quite deadly in the game. This game will probably scale fine, but I'm curious how everyone felt about life expectancy.

For some multiple attacks, I will probably not have you add all the hits together, for example the handgun is 40% per shot and 120% combined, but rather have it add up together at a net loss, maybe 40+20+20 or something for example.

I never got to use it since the lovers died early, but they had one more opportunity for a role.

Lover Lone Wolf Role:
    You two are now on your own team, but nobody else knows this. You two retain the lover bonus of +10% hit and +20% bonus and you also gain the following:

1) Cheat death once. You will not die so easily! Combined, you can cheat death once, but the second time one of you dies, they will die and the other commits suicide. If a person’s attack connects, they will be told they hit you but you still stand. Your action will still activate, unless you got hit twice, then you will die. (Ardor shot Elkamil, but Elkamil grits his teeth and states he will not give up yet.)

2) You get your own team bonus now. If you two work together, you get an additional 10% to hit and dodge, making you two very much out for yourselves only now. (If you happen to be on the same team, you do not get the 5% anymore, you get this 10% instead).

3) You will know if a person is a lover, since you used to know the look of hope before you two decided you cannot trust anyone but each other. You will not know who they love, you will just recognize if they are in love with another player. This happens when you are in the presence of one that night. (Example: Ardor is obviously in love with someone.)

4) Since you two have come to such a determination, you are no longer subject to the effects of the firecrackers item.

You win condition is to simply be the last team standing now.

I also plan on adding in a hacker group as well, since the movie had one. They would have several win conditions, but one win condition would involve them winning and getting off the island while everyone else still battles it out as normal. I would have to limit it to a single group, I'd probably ask everyone at the start who'd be interested in being a lone wolf and/or a hacker, then let the RNG decide from there.

I also wanted to see about putting in a family (brother/sister) role which is like the lovers, less bonuses but they do not suicide when the other dies. However, the living family member would have to track down the killer of his/her brother/sister.

What did you guys think? I hope you enjoyed it. While it took a lot of time to write narration and determine everything, I enjoyed it.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Wait, you can set qualifiers on your actions? If I had known that it would have changed what I did quite a bit.

Oh, and good game everyone.

Last Son on
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I really like the idea of the hacker group, and I would love to be that in the real game. Nothing much for me to suggest, except that it was a freaking awesome game! Wait, that's not really a suggestion, is it?

Edit: Last Son, I probably should have thought something was up when you suddenly decided to switch items with Shamus for the anti vote death thingy.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Good game, all.

Faulty logic my ass, Last Son. :P

I wanted B:L's head to blow up at the end of the narration!

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Good game, all.

You were right, but it was still faulty logic. My surviving the vote had nothing to do with being the Lone Wolf. :P

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Wait, you can set qualifiers on your actions? If I had known that it would have changed what I did quite a bit.

While I thought I mentioned it somewhere in the OP, very few people did this. I've got a lot of work to do on the rules and such.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Good game, all.

B:L had the laptop on day 1. I told him the only thing he could do with it on day 1 was deactivate a collar, which he did to himself. He was immune to the vote. However, since the vote takes place last and he was last standing, it would not have gone through.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Thought

The Uzi is overpowered, seriously. In the hands of the Lone Wolf its flat out insane, I could have targeted 5 people with 2 bullets each and had a 120% chance to hit each one.

I think the LW's accuracy modifier should be reduced to 1.25x or removed all together. He can already survive any 1v1 encounter with no risk, additionally having an almost guaranteed chance to kill anyone you aim at is a bit much.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Good game, all.

You were right, but it was still faulty logic. My surviving the vote had nothing to do with being the Lone Wolf. :P

But my logic was flawless. People don't just survive swords...

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing running have an improved chance of success. 30%, possibly even higher. Then to keep pansies from just running all the time prohibit running on consecutive nights, or possibly add dodge or hit penalties after running. Binoculars, should be used every night regardless of other actions. I just can't see them getting any use after the first night otherwise.

I'd prefer teams not be able to all pick the same zone at the beginning. Made the game very straightforward from the outset. Not learning your teams until after making that choice, and maybe restricting movement to only adjacent areas would add some tactics to trying to get teams to meet up instead of everyone just starting off blasting eachother.

Taser....the fact that the attacker can defend and get the dodge bonus without any real penalty makes it slightly less powerful, but it's still pretty damn strong, with a decent chance to hit and auto-priority in any situation. Maybe just make it prevent action without being fatal, or have consecutive nights restricitons. At the very least, there should be some weapon or terrain where it loses its priority.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Maximum % = 95%
    Minimum % = 5%

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Good game, all.

Surviving the vote was just part of it. It was partly that, partly the camo --- and mostly the fact that you were the only person without a team member on the second-to-last day.

One recommendation I might make is to try to de-value the teams. While it was good to have people to work with, it sort of became a game of "who has more people in one place at a time". It was still good, but I kind of liked the free-for-all that was the first one.

Perhaps there could be more, smaller teams, or a couple of big ones that get broken up at a certain point, or no teams at all, or a few teams of two with some sort of stat boost and a couple of bigger teams with none.... or just leave it as it is. It's still good.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Thought

The Uzi is overpowered, seriously. In the hands of the Lone Wolf its flat out insane, I could have targeted 5 people with 2 bullets each and had a 120% chance to hit each one.

I think the LW's accuracy modifier should be reduced to 1.25x or removed all together. He can already survive any 1v1 encounter with no risk, additionally having an almost guaranteed chance to kill anyone you aim at is a bit much.

I wanted to see how it turned out. Usually the only people who got targeted multiple times were the people with the Uzi or shotgun.

I'm slightly torn, because the Uzi was such a powerful weapon in the movie, so I wanted to really to see how people would use it. I think ideally people would've done a triple target, 3 shots apiece for a 120% chance to hit all targets.

As for the lone wolf role, I think I agree. It's possible just a straight up bonus to hit like 10-20% would be fine, since you have to die twice in a single night in order to be killed. I did want to make sure you had a chance though. Jdarksun was the lone wolf in the first test and the night he died, he got hit by 3-4 people.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Good game, all.

Surviving the vote was just part of it. It was partly that, partly the camo --- and mostly the fact that you were the only person without a team member on the second-to-last day.

One recommendation I might make is to try to de-value the teams. While it was good to have people to work with, it sort of became a game of "who has more people in one place at a time". It was still good, but I kind of liked the free-for-all that was the first one.

Perhaps there could be more, smaller teams, or a couple of big ones that get broken up at a certain point, or no teams at all, or a few teams of two with some sort of stat boost and a couple of bigger teams with none.... or just leave it as it is. It's still good.

I think I really like Squashua's thoughts on the Max/Min chance to hit.

I'd love to hear what you guys thought of the teams. In these games, many people get the normal villager role and get disappointed. I have always enjoyed working on a team, so I figured I would set everyone up on a team where they can work together if they want. I just wanted to give them a benefit to sticking together, nobody said they had to.

Perhaps a team sticking together would be a + hit bonus while being solo would be a +dodge bonus instead, so both methods are rewarded.

In the first game, I set everyone on their own, day 2 I then gave everyone teams. I would do that to prevent all teams from sticking together perhaps.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Oh, another thing that I was thinking about.

Moving should give a much larger +dodge bonus than 5%. I can imagine only one situation where I would choose to move out of a zone rather than fight, and thats if I knew dynamite was set to explode there that night. 5% dodge won't give much of a survivability boost and you give up your attack to get it.

Perhaps a 20% dodge bonus if you move and get rid of running? Or make running give you a ~50% dodge bonus and remove the re-roll if you end up in a zone thats closing down. It would make people really consider whether they wanted to run or not, on one hand you stand a good chance of surviving the people attacking you but you might end up in a zone thats closing down and get killed by the army.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Good game, all.

I think I really like Squashua's thoughts on the Max/Min chance to hit.

I'd love to hear what you guys thought of the teams. In these games, many people get the normal villager role and get disappointed. I have always enjoyed working on a team, so I figured I would set everyone up on a team where they can work together if they want. I just wanted to give them a benefit to sticking together, nobody said they had to.

Perhaps a team sticking together would be a + hit bonus while being solo would be a +dodge bonus instead, so both methods are rewarded.

In the first game, I set everyone on their own, day 2 I then gave everyone teams. I would do that to prevent all teams from sticking together perhaps.

I just edited my last post with some initial comments.

The teams set up like they are here, I completely ruled out running off on my own. Assuming everybody else would stick together, I'm putting my own team at risk of going 3v4 against another group, and putting myself up against an entire team all by my lonesome.

Edit-Agreed on the moving. At the very least, there should be something like move and attack any followers.

Frosteey on