As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Street Fighter X Tekken: Game out now. 12 characters DLC incoming. Day 1 patching.

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    panda alternate for Kuma please

• H*RH*R Registered User regular
    Where is this part where people keep saying they see Elena? I just don't see it. Is there a screenshot somewhere?

I'd love this game to be the place where every other character that hasn't gotten into SF4 shows up.

Karin, Elena, Rolento, Sodom, Birdie, R.Mika, Ingrid, Sean, Urien and so on, and so on. (of course that's a TON of characters)

Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    they've been doing it with basically all the reveal trailers where when one character is shown, some of a yet to be revealed character can be seen among the shit around their portrait

in this case I think people are talking about ibuki's in particular but I dont really see it

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Baka_ShadeBaka_Shade Registered User regular
    H*R wrote:
    Where is this part where people keep saying they see Elena? I just don't see it. Is there a screenshot somewhere?

v3pQS.jpg

Closest thing I could find, it's definitely more vague than the last few but I'm pretty sure there's something there

then again I don't see anything with Kuma so who knows

kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    that gamescon trailer really hyped me up for this game. hugo/king or hugo/kuma... decisions decisions.

every single trailer hypes me the fuck up for this game like I cannot even describe

cody/hugo forever

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    They added quite a bit of invulnerability to the raw launchers.

Also Ryu's c.mk xx Hadoken looked like it might not have been a true block string.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I don't know....

The more trailers I watch, the more the combat begins to resemble MvC3, just with one less person and slightly less ridonkulous supers.

This does not make me happy.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    MvC?

Seems way too slow for that, doesn't it?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I don't know....

The more trailers I watch, the more the combat begins to resemble MvC3, just with one less person and slightly less ridonkulous supers.

what makes you say that? it looks to have a dial-a-combo system, but the offense in the game is not dependent on multi-character crossups/mixups or lightning-fast overhead/low attack mixups or ridiculous mobility making the attacking character's location ambiguous, nor is the defense based on massive amounts of beams and projectiles and blocking/pushblocking at the right spot to escape/start your offense/punish something unsafe, nor are there extremely powerful or effective assist moves, nor does it look like characters die in two or three combos (in fact damage looks very low)....

basically i don't think it looks like it will play like MvC3 at all.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    The more obvious parallel is Marvel vs Capcom 1. It's even got the Duo Team Attack.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
    I don't know....

what makes you say that? it looks to have a dial-a-combo system, but the offense in the game is not dependent on multi-character crossups/mixups or lightning-fast overhead/low attack mixups or ridiculous mobility making the attacking character's location ambiguous, nor is the defense based on massive amounts of beams and projectiles and blocking/pushblocking at the right spot to escape/start your offense/punish something unsafe, nor are there extremely powerful or effective assist moves, nor does it look like characters die in two or three combos (in fact damage looks very low)....

basically i don't think it looks like it will play like MvC3 at all.

Maybe I am averse to combo heavy game play where catching a launcher can cost you half your health. It just seems so juggle-y. Then again, that's exactly what Tekken is (and I am not saying that is a bad thing, I enjoy a good Steve Fox wall combo as much as the next guy).

Watching Ken and Ryu bounce someone back and forth with fireballs just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Who am I kidding, I'll buy it anyway. I bought MK, and this has to be better than that was.

It's weird saying this, but the one trailer showing the button inputs to do certain moves actually made me feel better about this game. I can't explain it. Maybe because it explained a lot?

I don't know what to think about that L, M, H, H input though.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote:
    It's weird saying this, but the one trailer showing the button inputs to do certain moves actually made me feel better about this game. I can't explain it. Maybe because it explained a lot?

I don't know what to think about that L, M, H, H input though.

Isn't that basically the magic series without the launcher button? Kind of like the older MvC series but without a directional input?

Dragkonias wrote:
    Isn't that basically the magic series without the launcher button? Kind of like the older MvC series but without a directional input?
    Derp, yes, you're right. I mixed it up.

I didn't realize it was the magic series, just re-watched it. I was thinking it was something else.

So, yeah, all of that looks easily doable execution wise.

edited August 2011
    it doesn't look like being hit by a launcher costs half your health from what i've seen. like i said, the dial a combos are easy but the damage output looks really low. supers seem to do what, like, 1/8th or 1/6th of the bar in damage? i am no fan of juggling either, but it doesn't look like juggling is quite as much the focus as in standard Tekken or MvC3.

i am curious to see the easy combo mechanic in place in a game that isn't balls-to-the-wall six characters on screen airdashing and teleporting and shooting beams the size of eighteen-wheelers and crossing the screen four times in two and a half seconds and instant airdashing into overhead combos with two assists for 90% health.

Evil Multifarious on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    ...What are you curious about?

There are plenty of games with combo systems that aren't MvC...

Dragkonias on
    edited August 2011
    I think (yell at me if I'm wrong) is that this looks like a very easy execution combo system with a more SF style feel to it (mindgames).

He's curious what that'll mean, besides the fact that Sanford will shit talk it lol.

(I joke, but I've always hated dial-a-combo systems myself. Have leniency on inputs, sure, but if it's as lenient as MK..bleh).

Bizazedo on
    edited August 2011
    Sanford will talk shit because he's going to get scuffed up in this game too.

Honestly, the only problem I have with dial a combo systems is that it tends to make characters less...unique is the word I'm looking for.

Dragkonias on
    edited August 2011
    Bizazedo wrote:
    I think (yell at me if I'm wrong) is that this looks like a very easy execution combo system with a more SF style feel to it (mindgames).

that seems accurate so far. with an emphasis on being aggressive

it'll just mean that everyone has combos as easy as cody's! yay!

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Anyone have a shot of the frame with Kuma and his claw raised up in the air as they reveal him? I really feel like there's a possible character reveal image in the water, but have no idea who.

I also updated the OP with the latest trailer, and updated the roster. Cleaned it up a bit, basically. And that image of Guile and Kuma.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

Looking at the list of Tekken people (and who is missing) I can see Paul and Forrest Law as counterparts to Cody and Guy.

watching the video in the OP got me a bit more excited for this

the cross assault thing looks hella weird though. and i just know i'm going to be trying to focus attack and OS tech all the time...

This should be obvious as it's me, but I am dying to know how Bison plays / looks. Especially as this game seems more combo oriented and he's..not?

Bizazedo wrote:
    This should be obvious as it's me, but I am dying to know how Bison plays / looks. Especially as this game seems more combo oriented and he's..not?

Even Hugo has the LMH(H) chains that the video talks about, so Bison will probably have combos like everyone else. The question for me is whether the charge characters from SF will remain charge characters or become input characters, or some combination thereof (as occurred in MVC2, where Bison has a charge for headstomp and a half circle input for scissors, for example). That will really affect the way Bison plays, obviously.

It's also going to depend on how the system's offense/defense works in general. As we SF4 players know, SF4 is about spacing and poking/counterpoking at a moderate distance, and up close it's almost entirely about using block strings - interrupting them with tick throws, delaying them with frame traps, the vital instant of decision when a block string is finished - and to a lesser extent high/low mixups. With a chain combo system, you usually don't have that kind of up close offense/defense system; as far as I've seen it's usually high/low/throw mixups. I don't know how Tekken works, so if they're aiming to put some elements of Tekken in there I don't know what that's going to be like.

I'm pretty sure there are no charge moves, and chun li for example is all inputs now

I assume that would hold true for everyone

7yh4xczljsym.png
    edited August 2011
    ah, i am not surprised that charge moves (likely) aren't in the game. i am curious about how they will differentiate Guile's projectiles from Ryu's, for example, without the charge time and lack of forward movement to make up for the fast recovery and valuable slow speed of the booms

although it's possible that the charge moves will stay in for other characters, since Chun isn't really a full-on charge character but sort of a hybrid in the other SF games

Evil Multifarious on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    What... what uh... what's going on here?

NSFW?
    aXSxN.jpg

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    what ISN'T going on there more like

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Oh goddamnit.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
    i guess that's another question you can ask about guile's...projectiles.

I'm pretty sure there are no charge moves, and chun li for example is all inputs now

I assume that would hold true for everyone

Seriously?

You mean I actually need to learn something beyond down back erryday?

• JorilJoril BelgiumRegistered User regular
    Played this game at Gamecom today and it was much fun to play. EX moves are quit powerful, the game feels quicker than SF4 and it's more of a spectacle. The new "tag-in" combo system takes some getting used to, and I wonder how it will effect the way people play and strategize in the end, because everyone was throwing them out there.

Also: QCF lightning legs are cool.
    Btw, Guile's Sonic Boom is still a charge move.

bonesnacksig.jpg
  • JorilJoril BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Also, there were only two blank character slots left over, I wonder if that's the total amount of characters the game will have.

Joril on
    bonesnacksig.jpg
    edited August 2011
    Damnit, how do you delete posts in the new forum.

chamberlain on
    edited August 2011
    you don't

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    This game is kind of reminding me of Ougon Musou Kyoku. Which is fine, because I like the game :P .

Some similar mechanics though; dial-a-combo, raw tags, defensive tags, offensive tag comboing, the round ending if either teammate is downed, etc.

Many of the characters still feel unique in that game though, so I wouldn't worry too much about the dial-a-combo system making everyone feel the same.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • The Magnificent ManCookerThe Magnificent ManCooker Registered User regular
    Did anyone else get a chance to play this at PAX?
    It has just one of the best feel of any fighting games I've played, and it pretty much combines the best parts about Marvel and Street Fighter

Oh and Poison is really fun, a lot like Vega actually

Steam: The Magnificent ManCooker PSN: Magic|Man|Cooker
  • SkabSkab Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Heihachi and Rolento

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFMNXURBVh8&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PQOKDT8gas&feature=player_embedded

Edit: I guess its save to say the leaked roster list is more or less correct at this point.

Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Does anyone still have that leaked roster?