As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Fourth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament

• HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    Garg wrote:
    I desperately wish I could be there this year, but short funds, a new job, and the start of some not-as-much-wizardry-as-I'd-been-promised thing called Grad School mean no go for me.

Keep that Ravenclaw spirit alive and pour one out for Hagrid Jesus. And by 'out' I mean 'in your mouth'. I look forward to the pics and hope to reprise my role next year.

SAD. :(

• Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    If any Gryffindor Death Eaters are looking for something, look here: http://www.threadless.com/product/3084/The_Dark_Scarf/tab,guys/style,shirt

PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    Of, if you decide to do heels, bring extra shoes--Hells, even slippers would work.

Personally, if anyone comes in themed slippers (i.e. proper house colours, mascots, or just Harry Potter themed in general) I will donate $20 to their house/division. NO MATTER WHAT HOUSE/DIVISION. $30 if it's Slytherin and $50 if it's in DE.

Edit! To be specific, slippers would be house slippers. Like what you would wear at night, Winters, etc.

This is some fine charity spirit. I know I get into the rivalry as much as the next person, but lets not forget that regardless which house wins, it's all going to a good cause and a good time, thus we all win.

• SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Okay the dealine to order shirts for Ravenclaw has passed. If you have ordered one, please check the list on page 22 to make sure your username has been listed along with the proper quantity. If you had sent me a request but are missing from the list or if I have the wrong quantity posted, please message me asap so I can fix it. I have recieved a decent amount of orders, which is very good news for the children. :)

Also please just double check the size chart posted in that message along with the PM you sent me to make sure you have ordered the right size. Remember, these are unisex shirts, and a men's medium is the same as a women's meduim.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Wear it and I will donate. I will forever be a RedHalo...I mean a Slytherin follower, but that doesn't mean I don't like to give. It's for the kiddies.

The getting drunk/having fun/hanging with friends are the bonus prizes.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    Hey everyone,

So I was signed up as a Hufflepuff Death Eater as part of Redfield85's +4 group. I'm just lazy and haven't posted here in a while.

So what's the deal with this thing? When do we get our scorecards? Where are we meeting? When are we meeting? Is all this information being passed along to the people who have signed up? (AKA: Redfield85)

• beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    All info will be available in the original post.

You will find your starting bar and you will need to speak with the Heads of your House. They will provide you the scorecards and all other info on things. :)

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    Ohh ok. Sounds good. I checked out the original post but didn't see any mention of which bar is our starting bar and stuff. I see a time, but no bar. I'm assuming that will come after.

I'm just far too excited for this whole PAX thing. I'm getting restless. :D

• beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    The starting bars and the rest of the routes will be clarified very soon. There's still some finalization going on with all of that. Keep your eye on the original post and most of your questions shall be answered.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    TENNNNNNNN DAYS.

Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Sumi wrote:
    TENNNNNNNN DAYS.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    technically my PAX starts in a week, so :P
    :D

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    Decius wrote:
    technically my PAX starts in a week, so :P
    :D

But does that PAX involve a ton of drinking? Or Eddie Murphy's short lived music career?

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    I need to hear back from our Ravenclaw Death Eaters on our custom shirt design! We are planning to have a limited # available to auction (this is different than the shared Ravenclaw shirt) and we need an idea of the demand (and sizes). Hit up our Facebook group (or PM me if you don't use Facebook) and let us know!

ravenshirtbg.jpg

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • ddrlegsddrlegs Registered User regular
    Swae wrote:
    So I have a silly girl question.

How far apart are all the bars, usually? If we are going to be hiking miles and miles, I may leave the heels at home and opt for comfort.

I wore heels (platforms) last year with no problems at all. I don't even remember my feet hurting the next morning, as they often do after a drunken night spent in impractical footwear. Surprising, as I rarely wear them (I'm already 5'9" as it is), so you should be fine even if the TWDT is one of maybe three times a year you wear heels.

• robo_antrobo_ant Registered User regular
    So... Ravenclaw DE...

I have these grey Harry Potter Silly Bandz at work I can get for super cheap, and I thought perhaps people might want to buy them for like a $1 donation each? They are shaped like things like Harry's glasses, Harry in a robe with a wand, an owl, etc. I can get 50 easily. But I won't bother if no one cares lol. I love Silly Bandz, but if anyone thinks think they're lame please don't hesitate to proclaim that lameocity.

Maximum Signature Size = 500x80px or 4 lines of text
  • yabukasigiyabukasigi Registered User regular
    just curious are alot of the bars the same ones as last years?

• redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    yabukasigi wrote:
    just curious are alot of the bars the same ones as last years?

Won't know for sure until they are posted. I believe Atlus doesn't want to show support for shitty bars that don't take hundreds of wizards seriously. The reverse is true as well, those bars who got into the spirit of things will likely be showing up again. If I had to guess I woud say the Chapel is a definate no no.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Considering Chapel's closing the week after PAX...

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    It's about time really. The terrible service is a constant there. Even when the place has 10 people and not hundreds of PAXers.

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • AxonAxon Registered User regular
    Jesus, I want in on this. I'm grabbing up a spot next year early. BTW, I would so buy one of those "hufflepuff don't care" shirts. Baller!

• CitizenCitizen Registered User regular
    Can't wait for this to start. Ended up booking a hostel for thursday night and I'm hoping it's not too far from all the bars.

Also just wanted to say I really appreciate Altus and all the other volunteers for putting this on. You guys are awesome.

• lemongrenadeslemongrenades Registered User regular
    Citizen wrote:
    Can't wait for this to start. Ended up booking a hostel for thursday night and I'm hoping it's not too far from all the bars.

Green Tortoise?

• CitizenCitizen Registered User regular
    Citizen wrote:

Green Tortoise?

International Hostelling at the American Hotel. I tried the Green Tortoise first but they couldn`t accommodate my +6 as well.

• AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Ravenclaw DE - Alternate lyrics for the house song:
    #Ravenfacedd

I don’t cast expecto patronum um
    But my face straight glued to patron on some
    Prophecy Hall shit
    Some Ravenclaw shit

Face down in the Room of Requirement
    Death eaters opt early retirement
    Beauxbatons get frisky
    Bring them in, make them drink firewhiskey

Wizard Wasted
    Patron Pasted
    Wizard Wasted
    Patron Pasted
    Ravenfacedd
    Ravenfacedd
    Ravenfacedd
    Ravenfacedd

I drink a butterbeer and cast confringo
    Got Luna on swagger like imperio
    Oh that’s forbidden, straight to azcaban
    Dementors, Legilimencors

I don’t fight good, it don’t matter
    Can’t fly good, it don’t matter
    Cause I’m wit beyond my measure
    On a quest for shots at the Triwiz Tournament

Wizard Wasted
    Patron Pasted
    Wizard Wasted
    Patron Pasted
    Ravenfacedd
    Ravenfacedd
    Ravenfacedd
    Ravenfacedd

When I say "Awkward" y'all say "silence"
    Awkward
    Awkward

Diadem filled with Heineken
    And a pint of gin, who let Cho in?
    I go Kings Cross like Express
    That’s a simile. Another simile:

Like aceing on your OWL exam
    Like a DA with no battle plan
    Listen I’ma tell you the game plan
    Let’s start with number

One: Death is the best way to get galleons
    Two: Galleons are the best way to have books
    Three: Books are the best way to gain knowledge
    Four: Knowledge won’t help you when you’re deceased

So stay dead until you play dead

Ravenfacedd
    Ravenfacedd
    Ravenfacedd
    Ravenfacedd

AltDelete on
  • FinjitzuFinjitzu Registered User regular
    Looks like I missed some openings. Gotta start checking more often, I'll be signing up early next year for sure!

• DeztrukshunDeztrukshun Captain Badass Surrey, BCRegistered User regular
    Yay! I'm a Gryffindor in Dumbledore's ARMMMYYYY~ I'm so excited! \o/ It's my first time at Pax and my first time doing the Triwizard Drinking Tourney!
    I can't wait to meet you all!!!
    <3

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Witches & Wizards!

While I can't 100% guarantee that this list won't change, it is 99.9% certain that the following will be your starting bars. Behold!

Gryffindor: Barca (1510 11th Avenue)
    Slytherin: Grim's (1512 11th Avenue)
    Ravenclaw: Unicorn (1118 East Pike Street)
    Hufflepuff: Auto Battery (1009 East Union Street)

If you look at a map all these bars are within spitting distance of each other. A majority of the crawl will happen in this area so expect less walking this year.

Atlus Parker on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Wewt Barca, that's already a home bar!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Slytherin: Grim's (Don't have the actual address but it is right near Barca)
    And TOG with the assist!
    1512 11th Ave (between Pike St & Pine St)
    Seattle, WA 98122
    Neighborhood: Capitol Hill

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote:
    Slytherin: Grim's (Don't have the actual address but it is right near Barca)
    And TOG with the assist!
    1512 11th Ave (between Pike St & Pine St)
    Seattle, WA 98122
    Neighborhood: Capitol Hill

So close they are right next door! Sweet.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    Not only have the starting/ending bars been posted but you can now feast your eyes on what devious drinking challenges are in store for you this year.

• ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Not only have the starting/ending bars been posted but you can now feast your eyes on what devious drinking challenges are in store for you this year.

*Steeples fingers*

Everything is going according to plan... :twisted:

Shade on
  • SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Challenge 4: I Must Not Tell Lies

Engage your opponent in a game of wits and put their Occlumency skills to the test as you pry their deepest and darkest secrets from them while protecting yours.

Pair off with a partner from the opposing house. Each of you order a beer or mixed drink. Engage in a game of I Never until both drinks have been consumed. Save any dirt you learn about your opponent for future blackmail. (credit to gal_friday)

I have never played "I never" but I'm not entirely sure I'm comfortable with the idea of this challenge...

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Sageheart wrote:
    I have never played "I never" but I'm not entirely sure I'm comfortable with the idea of this challenge...

Rules: Can play with any number of people. The player whose turn it is makes a statement beginning with "Never have I ever" (or "I never", which is more boring) and follows it with something that they have not done. If any other player has done this thing, they drink. Typically, these statements tend to be of a sexual nature, but if you're uncomfortable with that, (especially among strangers/in public) things like "Never have I ever been to California" are acceptable. The object of the game is to make the other players drink, so learning things about them and then playing off that is desirable (Oh, you're from Canada? Well never have I ever been to Canada! Drink up! Etc). Things that have a slim chance of making anyone drink like "Never have I ever been to the moon on the 3rd Tuesday of the month" are frowned upon.

If everyone treats it as good fun, it should be good fun. :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Sageheart wrote:
    Challenge 4: I Must Not Tell Lies

Engage your opponent in a game of wits and put their Occlumency skills to the test as you pry their deepest and darkest secrets from them while protecting yours.

Pair off with a partner from the opposing house. Each of you order a beer or mixed drink. Engage in a game of I Never until both drinks have been consumed. Save any dirt you learn about your opponent for future blackmail. (credit to gal_friday)

You take turns making statements like: I've never killed a man.

If that statement does not apply to you, then you take a drink.

Its not riske or anything. Plus you can always lie if your not comfortable.

EDIT: Beated!

Shade on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Shade wrote:
    Plus you can always lie if your not comfortable.
    Hopefully everyone will be respectful and stay PG if their opponent indicates that's what they want. :)

why are you smelling it?
  • jacalatajacalata Registered User regular
    Ha! As a weird foreigner, I always feel like I have an unfair advantage in I Never :D

Check out my PAX schedule assistant for Windows Phone - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/pax-digital-assistant/6e56d005-983a-e011-854c-00237de2db9e. Feel free to send me feedback or requests at any time!
    edited August 2011
    And after hearing back from our bar liaison, Tajah, the OP has now been updated with the routes for every group. Barring some major complication these are the final routes. Maps will be forthcoming.

Here are the routes in an easier to read spreadsheet: www.tinyurl.com/TWDT4

Atlus Parker on