As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Post-[Phalla]ism: Phalla After Death - Game Over - Mages/Angels Victorious

• Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    Alright, who is in 2nd or 3rd place? Voting off a special doesn't seem like so smart of an idea, so we should try to switch this train.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Uh, we already lost a guard with Teucrian, right? I'm doubting there are more than 2 guards and your reveal is just a giant target. Hope you know what you're doing Retaba.

I don't have a vote count right now :/ Anyone?

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    What else could I do? :|
    Good night!

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    How is JT to prove this? A guard isn't trivial to prove.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    I imagine that Retaba revealed himself to Todd, who in turn had the seer check him out. Otherwise, yes, proof would be difficult.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    When I say, "we should try to switch this train", I mean we should start voting for someone else other than the claimed special. Bah.

We don't want to set ourselves up for shenanigans, the vote close approaches.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Why didn't Todd just say to switch the vote off retba? Say he's a confirmed villager, not that he's a guard.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Infidel's death could be quite informative.

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    56 minutes till vote close.

• Options
    While there's still a good deal of time left, gonna put my vote on Peccavi. Pretty sure he's in 2nd, and someone claiming vanillager < someone claiming special. Sorry!

Steam
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote:
    Why didn't Todd just say to switch the vote off retba? Say he's a confirmed villager, not that he's a guard.

Has he been online to do so, since Retaba has fallen under suspicion? Also, I would advocate more people voting for Peccavi rather than Infidel, but I might be biased.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote:
    Maybe it's just that I'm not feeling most of the justification for his votes, but the ease at which virgil is getting people to go for each of his bandwagons is rather...interesting.
    I guess folks followed me the first time on Warban.
    Warban was suspicious and claiming to know his death ability, and we now know he was probably a liar- since he came up as tribal villager. Looking back now though, he's probably a mouthpiece for a village special, or just making stuff up to see what pops up.
    Other than that one day, I don't remember anyone joining my vote. I respect the plan of keeping your major suspect (me) under your vote, until something happens to prove otherwise. I did the same with warban. Just make sure you don't ignore who else could be suspicious. I'm tribal and would hate to see you so caught up with me, while I lived, that you ignored what others were doing.
    corvidae wrote:
    I suspect corvidae. He's been a part of many bandwagons and his most aggressive suspicions have been on the Chieftain’s Wife- Capfalcon, who I suspect was a mason. I recognize that this isn't much, but if anything, it means he probably isn't in contact with the network.
    I'd rather take out a suspicious dude who's looks to be out of the loop, than a dude who could be verified and working in a network.
    Let us know if I'm wrong, Corvidae. I'd like to hear your take on the matter.
    this is my first phalla, i've stated several times how much i am kinda lost in all this. i joined "bandwagons"..because i was led to believe that ties were quite bad in the vote.

as far as capfalcon, i only voted for him cause he voted for me day 1. even if he picked me randomly, i could not help but feel a grudge towards the vote. that's all it was, pure and simple. and unfortunately, it does seem like he was a mason. water under the bridge and all that, but many others voted for him also.
    i'm trying to help the village, but no one has been reaching out to me either.
    [/defensive]
    Thanks for responding. The "he voted for me", bit is fairly understandable. I've made votes similarly so I can understand that.
    I'm glad you responded with a simple answer, or I would of been even more suspicious of you.
    So far, you're still the safest choice to me. That said, I just returned from a 300 mile trip, and so I'm going to bunker down now and take another look at it.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    And why was Retaba pumping me with questions about the Axeman and WH before revealing?

I have caused the bandwagon of many, let me tell you. Usually mafia or specials.

If they're going to talk to me privately, they'll let me know and it can still be salvageable, or whatever. Better than an epic reveal probably, since if I'm mafia it's not much of a big deal if you had epic revealed instead.

Whole thing was really weird in PM and now that he's doing this well I guess I share! And I'm heading out for board game so ta~

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    I'm going to put my vote on Infidel for now, but I'll switch if need be. I don't have a good read on him, but I don't like how he is acting so suspicious of Retaba when Jason Todd could easily out Retaba as lying if he isn't in the network.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Actually that vote was because Langly followed your vote fairly quickly. And I don't find that knowing your postmortem ability that odd *cough*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    But yeah, knowing my mafiadar, watch virgil be one of the only good specials that was actually able to verify himself to Jason

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Infidel

By my count that gives Infidel 7, and Peccavi and Retaba each six.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Well, I can't say I'm surprised at the reveal.

My vote obviously stays where it is.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Might want to skip ahead a bit, JD... :)

• Options
    jdark I know the feeling. My little girl recently turned 1 and is going through the awesome stage of teething :|

I can't really complain because she normally sleeps well, but man the teething thing....

Steam
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure your vote ties it, jdarksun...

Any other vote counts out there?

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    To be fair to Retaba, he's been talking with me about the Axemen and WH since last night.

Although there was no mention of being a Guard.

Hmmm.

Also, I did enjoy that bit of reminiscing over Infy and Drez fighting.

it was enjoyable.

My thoughts? Infidel is probably dead tonight either way. Either WH, Vig, or Mafia if he doesn't get the vote.

The seer would be kinda silly to risk wasting on Infidel, if he wasn't seered already.

That being said, Peccavi is almost always suspicious, and most of the time those suspicions are correct.

Honestly, I truly believe in both ingame and meta, that voting for Infidel tonight is going to be a wasted vote that's going to cause Trickle of some sort.

!peccavi

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I warned you guys about Peccavi

I told you dogs

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    well if you'd stop calling us dogs....

that might help your case a bit, Nony

• Options
    Even though I think that it's a waste of time, I'm going to solidify the 2nd place with infi rather than risk reteba 2nd place tieing shenanigans

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I told you dogs

I am innocent of all charges, mafia scum!

• Options
    edited August 2011
    jdarksun wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Also, notice how deft Infidel is: "There is a reason you are known for big arguments that go nowhere Drez." He's trying to remind the people that know me and my playstyle that, yes, I tend to get into big, occasionally distracting arguments in these games (of course leaving out the fact that I am often correct in my assessments) and subtly hinting to the people who are new or who haven't played with me before that I should be disregarded because this is "a thing" for me.
    I got into an immensely epic argument with somebody in Space Phalla (can't remember the exact name) ~4.5 years ago. It was over some role call where people had to list their city or country of origin or something. I can't remember the details, but I'm pretty sure it was you.

Good times. I'm not nearly so invested as I used to be. I blame constant sleep deprivation.

Are you talking about mtvcdm's (now I think he is Gosling) The Mole phalla in D&D? (incidentally my first phalla)

The one where I died and came back converted as a bad guy? That was it, wasn't it? Everyone except mafia had a home city, I think.

There was another one like that too, though.

Drez on
  • Options
    That is, 2nd place tie trickle kill shenanigans

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote:
    I hate double posts, but...
    wildwood wrote:
    Might want to skip ahead a bit, JD... :)
    ...I always find context important. The discussion between Drez and Infidel doubly so; these are two people with whom I've played this game for years. Years! Like four or five!

I used to have a theory that you could figure out the role of a person by how they posted. I assumed strategies would change with their roles. This was a big thing for a while, with people intentionally switching their game up just to throw people off.

Over time, I figured out it had more to do with communication. You get a feel for a way people talk during these games. It's nothing definite, and can lead to false positives... but the more noise, the easier it can be to pick out a signal.

@Cythraul My kid has two teeth. On the bottom, front and center. He looks like an upside-down rabbit.

Yeah. I try to act the same no matter what role I am. I think most vets do. It's not really about how you act it's about what information you are trying to get into the public mindshare. And it works because people tend to look for mafia behaviors rather than at what they are actually trying to convey.

That's not to say some mafia and even veterans don't fall into certain patterns of behavior that are mafia-only. I mean, you can be trapped into a situation where it is either difficult or impossible without some kind of major sacrifice to act mafiaesque.

• Options
    I try ti change it up every now and then.

I usually get killed when I do.

and HI DREZ!!

you realize that you're most likely dead tonight, right sweetie?

using what little logic I have states that either you, infidel, or both are probably going to be targeted for something.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote:

I told you dogs

I take offense to being called "scum".

• Options
    Peccavi wrote:

I told you dogs

I take offense to being called "scum".

N'wah!

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Whoa I just missed all of this.

Uh, I really do not think infidel is mafia, but I don't want to have a vote on a guard either.

I really am not reading people well this game

Uh corvidae, you are my call to be turned into turtle soup.

• Options

and HI DREZ!!

using what little logic I have states that either you, infidel, or both are probably going to be targeted for something.

I quite frankly hope so.

• Options
    It'd be nice to find out that I was secretly a village idiot (so secret I don't even know). That'd be a cool death power. "Your ability is that you've won the game."

• Options
    Drez wrote:

and HI DREZ!!

I quite frankly hope so.

now now.

the last person who actively wished for their death in this game ended up being like some soul sucking lich or poltergeist.

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Vote Closed.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    He's not the one with an axe, I'm certain that is a different person.

And with the vote close I am back to normal.

• Options
    That votecount is wrong jdarksun, but I'm too lazy to figure out exactly how. I know that I switched my vote to infi at the very least

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Drez wrote:

and HI DREZ!!

I quite frankly hope so.

now now.

the last person who actively wished for their death in this game ended up being like some soul sucking lich or poltergeist.

Oh, well I was just being melodramatic, in my fashion.