As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Post-[Phalla]ism: Phalla After Death - Game Over - Mages/Angels Victorious

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular

wait, no. i need to metagame myself.

i haven't seen 101 post relevant things for a while.

• KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote:
    Edit it! Edit it quiiccckkklyyyyy

Now I would like to know what happened. Did he leech an image and it turned out rather rude?

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Yessssssssss

OrokosPA.png
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Naw, just a borked image link.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Crap, now the Cultist's got the beard.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    corvidae wrote:
    my ghost power was revealed by my intro pm. i am "self-aware".

retaba voiced some of his wh/axeman theories to me as well, i just didn't trust him enough to reveal anything of my own.

and as far as giving up, it's been a little over an hour since the last narration. it may be my first phalla, but i already see how these things go. i got two votes for sacrifice already, i'm expecting more.

someone told me, a quiet village is a mafia dominated village. i'm not long for this world.

Trust me when I say this, and I know this better than most: votes can change. I've had bandwagons on me get flipped several times by now, and none of those even included any kind of 'reveal'. You never know what's going to happen - for all we know, the seer found a mafia tonight and Jason Todd will announce it to the thread.

That said, I also wonder if this isn't a desperation mafia ploy to play on our sympathies.... :P

Still, I'm not going to go back on my word: maybe two out of three was wrong, but I still firmly believe one of the people in that triangle has to be mafia. Let's find out.

Drez

(I'm also still suspicious of Rend and don't know why his name hasn't come up more than it has, but meh.)

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    if bandwagons never changed facetious would be twenty times dead

liEt3nH.png
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    I'm not on any of those BW's that have all dead green guys in 'em, so I'll stay with my vote until I see red.

Savant

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    (And this is only my eighth game!)

Haha speaking of I just looked at my Phalla record and wow, I've only died three times. Twice as a vanillager in games the village lost, once as mafia in a game the village won. One other time I was vanillager and kept alive until the mafia outnumbered us, and I was alive in all three games my team won (village seer, twice vanillager). Moral of the story: keep me alive! :P

(Honestly, I'm shocked at those stats: the fact that I usually do the mafia's work for them with my loud accusations against people who turn up village on death seems like it SHOULD mean keeping me alive hurts the village. And yet!!)

Real strong, facetious.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    You probably shouldn't really be that braggy, Facetious. :P

• TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    You were voted newbie MVP, y'know!

I agree with Lucedes regarding 101. The fact that he hasn't grudged me at all yet is totally suspicious.

I'm honestly not intending to brag, I'm honestly surprised because I generally think I'm useless at best and actively hurt the village more than I help it. :P

Real strong, facetious.

• 101101 Registered User regular
    I was waiting for the right moment Tmoiy :P

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    ahava and redasaur for mafia 2012

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    lol

that is amusing to me.

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    wildwood wrote:
    Maybe I'm just being sensitive, but I don't get why Gumpy is putting what look like grudge votes on me two days in a row.

Though, to be honest, I don't know why mafia would bother - it's not like there've been any bandwagons that they need to avoid.

Jokes on you Wildwood, I haven't played in any games in the last couple of months. No place to grudge you from! Now Wildwood again, until you turn out dead. Your place in the Extramatot bandwagon was noted, though the bandwagon itself was originally created to see who would flock to it away from the others. You said you agree'd with the logic behind it, when it was infact selected by RNG. Sounds like a mafia fake post to me.

at this point in time, and given that i won't be around tomorrow at all.

!Wildwood

• wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote:
    Jokes on you Wildwood, I haven't played in any games in the last couple of months. No place to grudge you from! Now Wildwood again, until you turn out dead. Your place in the Extramatot bandwagon was noted, though the bandwagon itself was originally created to see who would flock to it away from the others. You said you agree'd with the logic behind it, when it was infact selected by RNG. Sounds like a mafia fake post to me.

Way to mis-quote. :P

Looking back, what I said was that what people were saying about it made sense to me. Maybe I'm just easily led. Or maybe it's just that we've got shit to go on, since we have yet to find any mafia. If you want to paint me grasping at straws as some devious mafia plan, then hey, more power to you. Your guess is as good as anyone's.

LOOKING BACK IT LOOKS LIKE I DON'T GIVE A MEATY DAMN

BEEP BOOP LOOK WHICH STUNNING STEEL CENTURION FOUND THE INBOX BUTTON

MEATGRINDING HANDS, INITIATED

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    so hey whoever gave me that PR yesterday, what a hilariously surprisingly difficult choice that was

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    facetious wrote:
    corvidae wrote:

retaba voiced some of his wh/axeman theories to me as well, i just didn't trust him enough to reveal anything of my own.

and as far as giving up, it's been a little over an hour since the last narration. it may be my first phalla, but i already see how these things go. i got two votes for sacrifice already, i'm expecting more.

someone told me, a quiet village is a mafia dominated village. i'm not long for this world.

Trust me when I say this, and I know this better than most: votes can change. I've had bandwagons on me get flipped several times by now, and none of those even included any kind of 'reveal'. You never know what's going to happen - for all we know, the seer found a mafia tonight and Jason Todd will announce it to the thread.

That said, I also wonder if this isn't a desperation mafia ploy to play on our sympathies.... :P

Still, I'm not going to go back on my word: maybe two out of three was wrong, but I still firmly believe one of the people in that triangle has to be mafia. Let's find out.

Drez

(I'm also still suspicious of Rend and don't know why his name hasn't come up more than it has, but meh.)

I'm just curious what your reason is that one of us three "has to be mafia"?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    corvidae wrote:

I can confirm this is true. Well, that it exists, more specifically. Not necessarily that corvidae is self-aware as I am.

Although I suppose it doesn't prove much of alignment unless the mafias can't be self-aware or whatever.

Alegis on
    ALMOST TEMPTED TO VOTE FOR DREZ INSTEAD

MAY HAVE TO SEEK SOME FORM OF ADDITIONAL MURDER ABILITY

SOMEONE FIND ME THE PARTICULARLY RUSTY GLOVES

• RedasaurRedasaur Registered User regular
    I'll hop on the 101 train, I've been suspicious of him for a bit. Of course, I've been more suspicious of Retaba and Peccavi, and that turned out lovely.

Gumpy are you PR'd or are you just all cap postin for fun

I AM THE MACHINE

I WOULD SAY I WAS NOT WILLINGLY SO

BUT I AM ALWAYS WILLING TO ROBOT

WHEN I WAS PROGRAMMED MY CREATOR HAD SHIFT PRESSED DOWN ALL THE TIME

Probably PR'd to act like his avatar or something. :) A pretty fun one...

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Psh. There is only one murderbot, Gumpy, and you are not it.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    not sure i'll be able to get in before vote close later so Drez

liEt3nH.png
    Actually, that would explain why Langly was being all turtley earlier too. One of the ghosts must have the ability to make people post like their avatars for a day. :)

you have no idea how difficult it is to insert cowabunga into every day posting.

lol :)

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Redasaur wrote:
    I'll hop on the 101 train, I've been suspicious of him for a bit. Of course, I've been more suspicious of Retaba and Peccavi, and that turned out lovely.

Yeah, tell me about it.

Other than the obvious (Drez), I don't really have any good suspicions today, and I feel like the obvious (much like communism) is just another red herring. For now I'm going to vote for Wildwood, because even though I don't see anything in his voting record that would suggest he's a bad guy, Gumpy generally has a good sense for these things and I haven't exactly done a bang-up job so far.

edited August 2011
    WHERE IS REND

REND I NEED AN URGENT UPDATE ON HOW GOOD A VOTE TARGET DREZ IS

BEEPITY BOOPITY

Gumpy on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Could we possibly update the player list with the replacements please?

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Guys, I was defending Retaba yesterday because I knew he was the guardian. I was in communication with him for days. You can believe me or not, but that's what I was doing. That's why I found the bandwagon against him suspicious, and not to speak ill of the dead but I found Infidel's comments both illogical and suspicious when combined with the fact that he was directing them at Retaba. For all I knew/know the mafia have a seer and knew that Retaba was the guardian.

If you vote me out, you will be wasting yet another day's vote, but based on what's been happening here (and I include myself in this criticism), I am starting to seriously doubt a village win anyway, so do whatever you want.

As for my vote for !Corvidae, I am not so concerned about him anymore, at least not at the moment. I don't know who to vote for at the moment.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    yeah I don't think Drez is a good vote. I think 101 might be though.

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    but based on what's been happening here (and I include myself in this criticism), I am starting to seriously doubt a village win anyway, so do whatever you want.

We can still win. Phalla of Loxley was going pretty terribly because we lost our guardian on Day 1 and that made it difficult to form a network. We didn't hit any mafia until Day 5 and then we ended up winning. So yeah, while things aren't going well right now we still have some specials out there and what appears to be a functioning network. We just need to keep trying to do better (and hope for a little luck).

WHO IS OUR VIG

THEY SHOULD GET IN CONTACT WITH ME IF THEY HAVE NO TARGETS

I KNOW SOME MEATBAGS WHO ARE JUST HANKERING FOR A MURDERING