As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Post-[Phalla]ism: Phalla After Death - Game Over - Mages/Angels Victorious

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Jason Todd is our vig, but he's been roleblocked since Day 2.

Unless you mean the other guy.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    jason todd is the vig, he will not be killing anyone any time soon, he has been constantly role blocked.

he also went and got himself spirit marked by being absent yesterday.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Gumpy wrote:
    WHO IS OUR VIG

THEY SHOULD GET IN CONTACT WITH ME IF THEY HAVE NO TARGETS

I KNOW SOME MEATBAGS WHO ARE JUST HANKERING FOR A MURDERING

This is a silly post.

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    CANNOT COMPUTE WHY HE WOULD WANT TO BE ROLEBLOCKED

LIKELY THEORY: HUMANS CONTINUE TO BE "Cah-ray-zee"

SOLUTION: TELL HIM TO MURDER THE ROLE BLOCKER SO WE CAN ALL GET ON WITH OUR LIVES

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    Gumpy, at this point, with our Vig blocked, it might be better if you put some of these targets you have out into the thread and let us discuss them. We have to assume that the mafia are going to keep roleblocking Jason Todd, and that assumes JT even shows up. I'd love to know how the network stood by and did nothing while a bandwagon pushed a Guard into revealing.

As for the votes cast already, I don't think Drez is mafia. I doubt he would be out so openly in a fight with Infidel if he was. Corvidae was pretty defensive, but that feels to me like new player jitters.

My own feeling is that facetious is mafia, but I always have a bad feeling about him and it is never right.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Gumpy, at this point, with our Vig blocked, it might be better if you put some of these targets you have out into the thread and let us discuss them. We have to assume that the mafia are going to keep roleblocking Jason Todd, and that assumes JT even shows up. I'd love to know how the network stood by and did nothing while a bandwagon pushed a Guard into revealing.

As for the votes cast already, I don't think Drez is mafia. I doubt he would be out so openly in a fight with Infidel if he was. Corvidae was pretty defensive, but that feels to me like new player jitters.

My own feeling is that facetious is mafia, but I always have a bad feeling about him and it is never right.

Seriously

Langly on
  • Options
    QUESTION:

IS THERE A NETWORK

BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE THERE ISN'T

BEEP BOOP

• Options
    I'm not sure how much of it is left, but unless the specials were being silly, they certainly got in contact with jason once he was confirmed.

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    I have to assume there is a network, and likely a Seer since I don't think I saw someone die who had that role. Jason Todd called his kill night one. Ever since he has been roleblocked, but presuably specials still contacted him.

If I had to guess from the inactivity, Jason Todd was just out yesterday and it was really bad timing as nobody else in the network is trusted enough by the village. But still, what the hell network?

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote:
    WHERE IS REND

REND I NEED AN URGENT UPDATE ON HOW GOOD A VOTE TARGET DREZ IS

BEEPITY BOOPITY

Better than the current targets, probably.

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    for all this talk, i can't honestly feel that a network got up and running. too many specials dead....

<squawk>

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    I have to assume there is a network, and likely a Seer since I don't think I saw someone die who had that role.

There is presumably at least one seer out there, though it appears they are having extraordinarily bad luck.

Also, in the results from last night, romanqwerty was labeled as a "Tribal Priest." So it looks like he was a special of some kind. Are our seers Tribal Priests?

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    If you want my professional opinion, I think we're fucking boned.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    ASSUMPTIONS MADE: NETWORK IS A LOAD OF HUMAN EXCREMENT

LIST OF POTENTIAL TOOLS WE HAVE ACCESS TOO:
    ONE (1) MURDEROUS ROBOT (HUMAN DEFINITION: HIGHLY ATTRACTIVE)
    ONE (1) USELESS VIG
    SOME (MORE THEN A COUPLE) OF PANICKED VILLAGERS

OBSTACLE TO SUCCESS:
    UNKNOWN NUMBER (?) OF DASTARDLY MAFIA (POSSIBLY WIZARDS?)

FIRST RECOMMENDATION: MURDER WILDWOOD, DREZ, REND
    MORE RECOMMENDATIONS TO COME

Gumpy on
  • Options
    there are probably 10 mafia

• Options
    There are 10 mafia. Also, be aware of people that know their death power, I am almost completely certain they started off knowing theirs, and I am also almost completely certain that they each have a different one, or at least, that there are a few different ones in the mafia.

• Options
    Also, why the crap am I on your kill list?

• Options
    Rend wrote:

THE RISK OF YOU HAVING A PERFECT MAFIA GAME

IS NOT ONE WE ARE WILLING TO TAKE

• Options
    I assume you have a posting restriction, Gumpy.

If not I'm going to grudge fuck you in the next game.

• Options
    Gumpy wrote:
    Rend wrote:

THE RISK OF YOU HAVING A PERFECT MAFIA GAME

IS NOT ONE WE ARE WILLING TO TAKE

It's already happened, you're just too late!
    And I will be so facepalmy if this is a flawless mafia victory.

• Options
    I had a posting restriction yesterday, I am pretty positive Gumpy was hit last night.

Are we sure that the mafia have death powers? I would think that the village would be the ones to have post death abilities, since it seems tied to the ancestral stuff. The mafia might have abilities that affect dead people, but I am not so sure they move on, as it were.

• Options
    Drez wrote:

SUBJECT: DREZ

RECOMMENDED ADVICE: COMMENCE HUMAN RITUAL KNOWN AS "CHILLING YOUR BEANS."

• Options
    Langly wrote:
    I had a posting restriction yesterday, I am pretty positive Gumpy was hit last night.

Are we sure that the mafia have death powers? I would think that the village would be the ones to have post death abilities, since it seems tied to the ancestral stuff. The mafia might have abilities that affect dead people, but I am not so sure they move on, as it were.

Yes. Very sure.

• Options
    wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    And do we know if villagers and mafia keep their same victory conditions after death?

• Options
    oh uh

ok then

• Options
    I think we're all making a lot of very bad assumptions here about roles. We don't really know how much of a network JT managed to piece together. Or what happened to him yesterday, or where he is today. Or whether or not a standard seer exists and managed to do anything useful with his or her power. Or, really, anything.

• Options
    Gumpy wrote:
    Drez wrote:

SUBJECT: DREZ

RECOMMENDED ADVICE: COMMENCE HUMAN RITUAL KNOWN AS "CHILLING YOUR BEANS."

Notice I didn't say "grudge vote" or "grudge vig" or "grudge kill" there.

I used an entirely different verb.

• Options
    Drez wrote:
    I think we're all making a lot of very bad assumptions here about roles. We don't really know how much of a network JT managed to piece together. Or what happened to him yesterday, or where he is today. Or whether or not a standard seer exists and managed to do anything useful with his or her power. Or, really, anything.

I don't think anyone is assuming anything favorable about the network right now. And if they are, they're probably being foolish. It's day 5 now, and no network has popped up. If anyone out there is still waiting for someone to jump up and say "I seered this guy, he's totes a mafia." then get off your butt and start doing the "hard police work." What we need here is a MacSpectre, but we are all we've got.

I'm keeping my eye on you. My other recommended targets for any kills who happen to want to help us out:
    Ahava, Facetious, Corvidae.

• Options
    CHRISTMAS MODE: INITIATED

Drez

FESTIVE HEADS ON FESTIVE PIKES

• Options
    Still thinking I am going to go tonight, so i'm gonna get this out here now.

Based on my communications, I believe that both some mafia and some villagers know their death powers. How that effects anything, I can't say.

Still believe the mafia are lurking more than posting. Scratch the surface......

• Options
    AND WITH ONE SUSPICIOUSLY SOUNDING FAKEPOST, COEVIDAE GETS ADDED TO THE LIST OF POTENTIAL MAFIOSO

I SURE HOPE I GET TO LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO GO THROUGH THE LIST PROPERLY, EVERYONE ON IT DESERVES THE UTMOST CARE AND ATTENTION

• Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    Okay, I'm back. I was kept away from home all day by a friend who needed some serious help. I'm back now, everything is fine (in real life).

Let's see if we can make sense of this unfolding disaster.

filefile.jpg
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    And for the record I did not talk to corvidae or anyone else actually. So someone else might have contacted him and have said HEY IM SELF-AWARE TOO LET'S MAKE OUT! but didn't extend the same offer to me.

my pm said nothing else (besides the power), not even hinting other people are self-aware too. How he'd have gotten mafias have the same shit might be suspect. A faction contact or other?

• Options
    Alegis wrote:
    And for the record I did not talk to corvidae or anyone else actually. So someone else might have contacted him and have said HEY IM SELF-AWARE TOO LET'S MAKE OUT! but didn't extend the same offer to me.

my pm said nothing else (besides the power), not even hinting other people are self-aware too. How he'd have gotten mafias have the same shit might be suspect. A faction contact or other?

I am ridiculously suspicious of Corvidae. For what it's worth.

• Options
    Your fake village needs you jason. That is more important than some friend.

• Options
    I might be suspicious, but at least I am self-aware of how much we are all getting played. Myself included.

• Options
    !CORVIDAE

SOUNDS LIKE A MURDERING'S AFOOT

I MEAN SERIOUSLY LOOK AT THOSE POSTS

• Options
    "OH GEE FELLOW MEATBAGS, THOSE MAFIA SURE ARE PLAYING US GOOD EH? IF ONLY WE WERE AS GOOD AS THE MAFIA WHO ARE CURRENTLY PLAYING US LIKE A FIDDLE."

I WONDER WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SUGGEST

• Options
    Just trying to get you all to wake up. I've been resigned to my fate, at this point, if i'm not murdered for being dangerous to the mafia, i'm getting voted out.

And the way things are going, the village probably has less than 3 days.

• Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    You aren't being remotely dangerous to any mafia with posts like that.

doomrider_sigPA.png