As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Scroll [Buttoneers] so good, like the butter on a muffin (Discount GET!)

• psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    jonxp wrote:
    I finally got around to designing and ordering buttons. The order cost about 111$ due to the rush shipping I needed to order, and the button designs are low-tech, but they'll serve.

I also ended up butchering my screen-name on the button site since I think I lost my original confirm email.

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll fix it for you.
    G4MER wrote:
    On the BUTTONEERING Site, there are 177 buttons listed, is that a record?

Don't know. This is the first year we've tried to keep anything close to an official count.

I count about 120 buttons (tried to skip over the ones that weren't buttoneer buttons) on my hat from last year. So, say we had ~150 last year?

“Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    It remains to be seen if everyone on the site actually shows up.

If your buttons are on the site, but you aren't actually participating for some reason, please remove them. After PAX is over, I'll have a little more data to go by, and I'll start pinging people who might not have been able to join in this year.

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • PhraustyPhrausty Registered User regular
    I suck. I got off the phone with Purebuttons right before they closed up and i CAN get my buttons on time but only if i want to almost pay double. :(

I wanted to do this but i didn't plan. Maybe next year. :(

Not your average snowman.
  • Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Three buttons this year! Ordered them on Friday, had them shipped to hotel, just barely made the cutoff. Hurrah!
    Firstly, button classic makes a comeback for those who didn't button last year.
    leah-button-black.jpg
    Secondly, awesome Nouveau Shepard
    femshepDLG.jpg
    And Lastly, My Bonus Button:
    cookie.jpg

Also, current pony count seems to be 3 Pinkie Pie, 2 Rainbow Dash, 1 Twilight Sparkle, and Three OC Ponies.

Cultural Geek Girl on
    Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • PH47 K47PH47 K47 Registered User new member
    button.jpg
    my very first buttoneering button. Thanks to reign though for designing it for me.

• Reverend SnideReverend Snide Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    In again this year! (Albeit at the last minute.) I have two ideas, I'm going to sleep on it and work out what I want to bring:

Edit: suggestion 2 was way more popular, so that's been ordered.

Suggestion 2: valuable advice (or, Possibly Unoriginal Meme Is Possibly Unoriginal):
    PAXButton2011B.png

Reverend Snide on
    Have miles, will travel | Twitter | XBL: Reverend Snide | Wii U/PSN: ReverendSnide
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    As a Brit, I say number 2 is amazing and want one inordinately badly.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    Willeth wrote:
    As a Brit, I say number 2 is amazing and want one inordinately badly.

agreed. you can never have too much british culture

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Buttons shipped!

buttonsweight.jpg
    hehehe

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    BigRed's buttons are made of lead

E6LkoFK.png

• beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:

I was going to say...holy hell. BigRed's buttons can be used as deadly weapons.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    maybe they can be doubled up as frisbees?

• CronusCronus Registered User regular
    His buttons last year doubled as dinner plates. Maybe this year they are more of a punch bowl.

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    BigRed's buttons are made of depleted uranium

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    beta_angel wrote:
    Moe Fwacky wrote:

25 lbs is not all that much lead actually.. only about 4 cups of lead.

PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • MarySueMarySue Registered User regular
    contrefait wrote:
    beta_angel wrote:
    Moe Fwacky wrote:

Well, *I* think it's a lot. I mean, I can't eat four cups of lead in one sitting.

Portland, Oregon, and sloe gin fizz. If that ain't love, then tell me what is.
    +++BRONYS BEFORE BROS!+++
  • Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Buttons get! Not fancy this year but I like 'em.

b8400a94.jpg

(edited to use a picture that's not dark as the tomb)

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • G4MERG4MER Registered User regular
    Mystal, your buttons remind me of the Herculoids Gloop and Gleep things... I have seen these before but can not remember where... would you be kind and clue me in?

g4mer_paxsig.png
    G4MER wrote:
    Mystal, your buttons remind me of the Herculoids Gloop and Gleep things... I have seen these before but can not remember where... would you be kind and clue me in?

The kodama spirits from Princess Mononoke: http://zzzzzru.wordpress.com/2008/08/21/mononoke-hime/

"Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    G4MER wrote:
    2ah616v.jpg

Princess Mononoke, an animated movie by Miyazaki's Studio Ghibli.

Edit: Whoops beaten!

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • G4MERG4MER Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I knew I had seen them before.. thanks to both of you.

As For BigRed, you know and we know that is just one Big Button.. you ain't fool'in no one.

G4MER on
    g4mer_paxsig.png
    contrefait wrote:
    beta_angel wrote:
    Moe Fwacky wrote:

MAYBE I ORDERED 4 GIANT BUTTONS?!

BigRed wrote:

I'm picturing full-sized Captain America shields with a troll-face on the front and straps on the back so you can wear them like shields, too. Ooo, maybe slots for other buttons on them so you can have buttons on your buttons!

Mystral721 wrote:
    BigRed wrote:

I'm picturing full-sized Captain America shields with a troll-face on the front and straps on the back so you can wear them like shields, too. Ooo, maybe slots for other buttons on them so you can have buttons on your buttons!

THATS A FUCKING BRILLIANT IDEA

Also trollface is on the buttons this year, but its not the focus of it :P

• beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    contrefait wrote:

:|

Well, thanks a lot Debbie Downer.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    beta_angel wrote:
    contrefait wrote:

:|

Well, thanks a lot Debbie Downer.

Glad to be of help!

The_More_You_Know.jpg

PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • SarahstraszaSarahstrasza Registered User regular
    Soooo... I think I posted this once before.. I didnt get buttons for this year but I do have last years.. The only problem is I dated them FOR last year. I will bring them along however, just in case.

• oO Wallace OooO Wallace Oo Registered User regular
    Soooo... I think I posted this once before.. I didnt get buttons for this year but I do have last years.. The only problem is I dated them FOR last year. I will bring them along however, just in case.

Sharpie them, or go around pretending your from the past. I don't care I just need more buttons :D

• williefayjwilliefayj Registered User regular
    I was interested in doing buttons last year, but didn't know what was going on ;) so this year I got some buttons and will also be joining the button fun. I tried to use software to make a button, but I'm not too bright when it comes to all that stuff. So I just went to wackybuttons.com and they have a software tool to make a button and then they will send it to you. Anyway I'm trying to be patient for PAX but It's pretty hard. Last year was my first year and I couldn't wait to get tickets to go this year! Can't wait to trade buttons as well! Yeah Button Fun!

• CronusCronus Registered User regular

You're bound to run into a decent amount of people who you missed last year. With that and all the new buttoneers I doubt you'll have trouble getting rid of them.

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular

Sharpie them, or go around pretending your from the past. I don't care I just need more buttons :D

This. Tell people your flight was delayed. There was a loud noise, blinding flash, and then you had to escape an island. When you woke up you were arriving in Seattle for Prime 2010.

5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Reverend Snide, your second button made me laugh a little. I made this for the Triwizard Drinking Tournament

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    Would it be in bad taste to make buttons that just say TEAM NOTCH?

• CadynCadyn Registered User regular
    PureButtons.com just posted some pictures of custom keychains that say "PAX XP." I wonder if it's related to the PAX XP scavenger hunt cards that started at the show last year? http://www.purebuttons.com/thebuttonpost/custom-keychains/currently-in-production-custom-key-chains/

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Cadyn wrote:
    PureButtons.com just posted some pictures of custom keychains that say "PAX XP." I wonder if it's related to the PAX XP scavenger hunt cards that started at the show last year? http://www.purebuttons.com/thebuttonpost/custom-keychains/currently-in-production-custom-key-chains/

Well, they are certainly very similar to the zipper pulls. I would even go as far to say that the graphic is identical.

7B14287.png
  • DaksaDaksa MesaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Buttons are here!
    pax2011buttons.jpg

Daksa on
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    BigRed has 25lbs of button. Dear sweet Jesus.

PureButtons said that with 2-day ship and 4-day rush, they should be able to get my procrastinating ass some buttons on time. I am pleased ^_^
    PAX97AltDelete.gif

• SwordMageSwordMage Registered User regular
    Cultural Geek Girl - I love 'em.

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
    twitter: SwordMage86
    XBL: SwordMagelet
  • courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    So, I got myself an avatar finally by editing a scene from Earthbound, and that gave me button #1. Button #2 is my aforementioned Team Notch button
    paxbuttons.jpg

• SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote:
    I am pretty thorough with my button collecting and I got around 120 buttons the past couple years.

I think 177 is a little higher total but not interestingly so.

Keep in mind some of the buttoneers on the site have multiple buttons...
    Although I guess if it's a physically different button, it counts :-P

Just counted mine from last year and I got 117 so yeah I guess this could be a record...
    Also, what do people do with their past year's buttons?

They're just kinda sitting in a drawer right now but I kinda want to do something with them.

qxd8or7ouox3.png