As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pathetic Geek Stories - the Return of the Geekening

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    The exclamation marks form a bar code, that itself reads "THAT IS NOT MY COW"

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Edcrab wrote:
    The exclamation marks form a bar code, that itself reads "THAT IS NOT MY COW"

ahahaah that's amazing

• skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    I made some choc chip cookies today and then couldn't be bothered cooking dinner as well so I just ate cookies for dinner.

Did you at least have some milk with them?
    If so, that was an acceptable dinner.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    ringo the only bad parts were the scenes with spritle and chim chim

:^::^::^::^::^::^::^::^::^::^::^::^::^:

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i am happy that pratchett still wants to make books

he is apparently going to dictate his next two books

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    This one time I mentioned to my friends that it'd be fun to have a nerf battle and we all ended up spending like $500 on Nerf weapons over the course of a couple of months and now we have an enormous death match shootout planned with like 10-20 people planning on showing up

oh wait that's not nerdy

that's rad as hell

Gatsby wrote:
    I once blew $1000 on a week to hang out with a bunch of homps I met on the internet

It was fuckin rad

:^:

Also pathetic geek confession: I have never seen The Princess Bride.

yeah uh
    you and HB should watch it

and post your reactions here

so

turns out i'm the only person ever who's played the live version of Jocko Homo by Devo on Audiosurf

which means i'm number one of all time on the Elite setting by default

did it on Ironmode too

(woo)

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    The worst thing about nerf gun battles is trying to find all of the darts after

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    The Princess Bride is the most perfect book/movie combination.

Both are excellent. Both are good adaptations of each other. Knowledge of both enhances the pleasure of each.

I guess this is the benefit of having the author of both being both a good writer with a sense of story and an Oscar winning screenplay writer?

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote:
    The worst thing about nerf gun battles is trying to find all of the darts after

Not if it's the super tense, both sides warily watching the other while they scrounge for ammo and reload, part. That's pretty great.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I'd actually quite like a new Moist book

the one where he tackles taxes

mostly because it gives us a chance to see more of Vetinari and he is the best

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Speaking of Pratchett, I posted this in the book thread, but just in case people didn't see it

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/11/139262401/discworlds-terry-pratchett-on-death-and-deciding

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I haven't been following this thread, but a friend of mine posted this on Facebook:
    http://brainz.org/50-awesomely-nerdy-tattoos/
    Is # 29 Dan @stale?

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I thought Stale's 8-bit tatts were on his arms?

And how can they not have Mysst's SCIENCE tattoo in the list. They have some idiot that first got a tattoo of the Blogger logo, and then got one over the top of that of the Wordpress logo? Too dumb to learn their lesson the first time?

• existexist Registered User regular
    man those tattoos are fucking horrid

UmPiq.png
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    23. Enterprise and 33. Chocobo are good, 7. Doctor Who is classy
    and that blogger wordpress one is photoshopped

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Me and my friends went to the same museum 4 times over the summer. And the last thing we did? Another museum and an observatory. Our next plan? A silent movie theater.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    gonna get a tattoo of Tatu getting tattooed

7656367.jpg
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I want to buy I am going to buy Where's My Cow? I just want it, OK? I am a massive Discworld fan. Also, new Vimes book? Hell yeah.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I want to buy I am going to buy Where's My Cow? I just want it, OK? I am a massive Discworld fan. Also, new Vimes book? Hell yeah.

Got it for Christmas several years ago.

8-)

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Kochi are the pixels visible?

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    That Logan's run one gave me real mental anguish.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    I'd actually quite like a new Moist book

the one where he tackles taxes

mostly because it gives us a chance to see more of Vetinari and he is the best

I freaking love the Moist books. I'm really quite sad that he's coming in at the end of all things.

EyQGd.jpg
    Every time you guys say "moist books" I think of erotica.

Totally a mature adult over here, guys!

guys I just found out that the two members of Daft Punk got knighted by France last year

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    for some reason I read that as kidnapped

that sounded much more exciting

BugBoy wrote:

that sounded much more exciting

Combine the two for an epic electronica opera.

EyQGd.jpg
    the men in the iron masks

Fyndir wrote:
    Every time you guys say "moist books" I think of erotica.

Totally a mature adult over here, guys!

Yeah, that kind of happens. I was in Half Price Books when I discovered that he had written another book about Moist. Too loudly I exclaimed: "*gasp* Moist!" It was a mixture of reactions from those around me, especially in the lady across the aisle in the religion section. I don't think "moist" is a good Christian word.

EyQGd.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote:

if only we were so lucky

0BnD8l3.gif
    Dichotomy wrote:
    BugBoy wrote:

if only we were so lucky

WHAT

THE

FLYING

FUCK

IS

THIS

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    daft punk blows

7656367.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    petty contrarianism, mostly

0BnD8l3.gif
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Antimatter wrote:
    Dichotomy wrote:
    BugBoy wrote:

if only we were so lucky

WHAT

THE

FLYING

FUCK

IS

THIS

P.S. I just felt some of these words needed extra emphasis, I do not care that much that Dich dislikes things.

Huntera on
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    very disappointed in you both

for not liking a thing a lot of other people like

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
    Margarazzi wrote:
    Yeah, that kind of happens. I was in Half Price Books when I discovered that he had written another book about Moist. Too loudly I exclaimed: "*gasp* Moist!" It was a mixture of reactions from those around me, especially in the lady across the aisle in the religion section. I don't think "moist" is a good Christian word.

You gotta start the tradition my family has, every Christmas the latest Pratchett book is a present for my dad, and by god we will all bug him to finish reading it so we can get a turn.
    Side effect of this: Christmas is going to be fucking ruined when Pratchett goes. D:

Fyndir wrote:
    Margarazzi wrote:

You gotta start the tradition my family has, every Christmas the latest Pratchett book is a present for my dad, and by god we will all bug him to finish reading it so we can get a turn.
    Side effect of this: Christmas is going to be fucking ruined when Pratchett goes. D:

That is an excellent tradition! I grew up in a family of non readers (what. the. hell.) So the image you've painted is all sparkly with Christmas magic in my head.

EyQGd.jpg
    The latter part of the tradition might disappear, as almost all of us have smartphones or kindles, so it will become much less obnoxious to buy our own copies of the book quietly and read it in our own time instead of waiting for others to finish.

Fyndir wrote:
    The latter part of the tradition might disappear, as almost all of us have smartphones or kindles, so it will become much less obnoxious to buy our own copies of the book quietly and read it in our own time instead of waiting for others to finish.

Christmas ruined. :(
    Christmas stopped mattering to me at all once my grandfather died and everyone revealed how much they despised each other but were just being nice the whole time out of respect for him.
    So I love hearing about other people's chocolate-and-honey laced wonderful Christmas times.

EyQGd.jpg