As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Post-[Phalla]ism: Phalla After Death - Game Over - Mages/Angels Victorious

• wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    I'm good with facetious as well.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    So how is the rest of the village not seeing that the most obvious mafia members are instigating this bandwagon against me?

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    facetious wrote:
    So how is the rest of the village not seeing that the most obvious mafia members are instigating this bandwagon against me?

You look at our track record, and you still ask that? :)

Except you're mafia too~

Real strong, facetious.

Let me guess, everyone's mafia but you?

Honestly I'm starting to wonder.

But no.

Real strong, facetious.

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    im not !

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    If Rend is mafias he has to include some mafias on that list. It's hard not to with the remaining mafia %. Although it's easy to give up half of mafias in that list and point out one non-mafia for the vote.

Want me to pick a target instead?

• SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    This facetious bandwagon seems like it is going a little too easily for my liking, but I'm a bit less suspicious of the people pushing it than I am of the general population left. Though it seems like my mafiadar is busted now even though there are so many mafia left, so I don't even know anymore.

And are there really many neutrals still floating about, aside from Mr. D? Because it would be rather bad news if they signed up to help with the mafia. However, if the leftover killers are SKs I would think they wouldn't want to hand the mafia the game, especially since they finally hit one last night.

Bah, facetious, you better not be mafias sending me on a wild goose chase, because that would make me cross.

• RedasaurRedasaur Registered User regular
    Everything we've been told so far says that neither the axeman nor wandering hero are aligned with the mafia. In spite of them killing 95% villagers. I don't think Drez is mafia, myself. That argument with Infidel was too high profile.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Rend is mafia, I'm almost 100% certain.

He and I talked on day 1 just after we got our roles and not a lot of information was given.

In regards to his demonic requesting thingy: he claimed that it was somebody else who needed to talk to the demon person(s?); if that is true it does not make him NOT mafia.

He claimed he got the villager role PM, like we all did; also does not make him NOT mafia.

He has put a list forward that may contain the names of some mafia members: does not make him NOT mafia. But look at how it is phrased. 8 of 9 people on this list are likely mafia. Say half or over half is true. We still spend our time focusing on a target he WANTS us to, and thus eventually wins through attrition. Mafia can win via attrition at this point folks, time to man up.

His immediate helpfulness at this stage of the game leaves me highly suspicious of him, as I have been for several days. Not a thing he has said has lead me to believe he is NOT mafia. I think I may have figured it out for him in general; the key is not to look at what he is saying to determine if it is a lie, because it isn't. What you need to do is decide if he is avoiding telling the truth. I would never take a player who relies on truth and put a "ARE YOU MAFISO" ultimatum down, but what I can do is determine if something more can be said.

He has put a list forward that may contain the names of some mafia members: does not make him NOT mafia. But look at how it is phrased. 8 of 9 people on this list are likely mafia. Say half or over half is true. We still spend our time focusing on a target he WANTS us to, and thus eventually wins through attrition. Mafia can win via attrition at this point folks, time to man up.
    Agreed. This is why I want another target actually so we avoid the chance rend is evil and cherry picking a village target. Picking another we're more likely to avoid mafia influence.

Agreed on your other stuff concerning Rend too. Good points. What bugs me a bit is that, considering most or half on that list are mafias they aren't voting along. Staying back on purpose so people aren't immediately wary of a bandwagon with every single person on? Or mayhaps even simpler as that and reluctant to vote one of their own.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Off to work, putting a vote on The Anonymous for the time being. Will be checking in from work when I can to see if anything else comes up.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    Alegis wrote:
    Agreed. This is why I want another target actually so we avoid the chance rend is evil and cherry picking a village target. Picking another we're more likely to avoid mafia influence.

Agreed on your other stuff concerning Rend too. Good points. What bugs me a bit is that, considering most or half on that list are mafias they aren't voting along. Staying back on purpose so people aren't immediately wary of a bandwagon with every single person on? Or mayhaps even simpler as that and reluctant to vote one of their own.

Those are simply the people I am personally most suspicious of. Honestly we have a really slim shot at taking this one, so I might as well wear my suspicions on my sleeve at this point.

@Rysk: You're right about most of that stuff. However, my list is guessing at 8 out of the remaining 9 mafia. Not "8 out of these 9 are mafia". And while you're within your rights to be suspicious of me, your last point concerning my "immediate helpfulness" is incredibly poorly founded. If I were mafia, this isn't the time I'd get worried. And to be perfectly honest, being suspicious of me for taking up arms in the hour of last chances is very odd indeed.

• RendRend Registered User regular
    I'm going to push this facetious vote really hard. We need at least 12 votes on him before close to be really -really- safe I estimate.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Look, that fact of the matter is that Facetious has to be mafia sooner or later, and I agree with Rend's reasoning.

Really, if I were mafia at this point, I wouldn't be doing anything other than doing a jig in the background. I think it will be hard to pick them out, there is no need for them to act out in any way.

Except for facetious, who has to be pretty public because he is always public. I think if he turns up red, we'll have a good start of at least not losing horribly.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    facetious was mafia in house of leaves phalla

liEt3nH.png
    well

well

the shoe is on the other glove now, mister langly

liEt3nH.png
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Rend, is there any evidence for facetious being a bad guy other than general suspiciousness?

I've only played two games with him. In one he was a villager, in the other he was a bad guy. In the game he was a villager, he threw around accusations almost willy-nilly. When he was a bad guy, he did not. It's why I suspected him in that second game, and I ended up being right. In this game, while he has been more subdued than in the first game I played with him (chalking that up to his illness), he has been doing the accusation thing. This leads me to believe that he is a villager again.

(Though it is certainly possibly he is altering his playstyle on purpose.)

I really dont see why i should vote for anyone

Langlyfor ugliest of turtles

hey man I have a gun

• FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    I think Rend is right about needing people to pile onto one wagon to prevent shenanigans, but I'd rather he didn't choose it. I've figured him for a survival neutral all game, and if all he needs to do is survive, sending us in circles would get this game over quicker, which give him a better chance of surviving.

Alegis made sense earlier, is usually pretty astute, and is one of the few people I don't suspect as mafia. He also offered to select a better vote target for us to bandwagon hard. Put it out there, Alegis, and I will follow you.

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    !Mr D you need to be more direct, you kinda sound like you're not trying to upset anyone with your vote

you realize as long as wh is still collecting souls that he's most likely gonna win once he reaches a quota to start the apocalypse / kill everyone

also why should we follow anyone, speaking from a villager point of view the one sorta network head person is dead

I wouldnt follow anyone I would compile what I know about all the close wagons, find where the only known mafia was sitting in those wagons and then read a bit post history in this thread on people and decide from that. Not from a person I think is usually pretty astute. Nothing against you personally just seems like a wasted vote if you just follow whoever seems to "trustworthy" and that kinda thing should be left at the day1/2 door

Anyhow i'll put a serious vote up since the turtle wants to threaten me with his gun

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    If Rend were a survival neutral, I can envision him telling me that back on Day 1.

He should know that as a mafia I would not view him as a threat and would just say 'OK...have fun this game and try not to die then'

Neutral, I highly doubt.

@Rend coming to the aid of the village in its most dire time is not totally and wholly suspicious, but with the tremendous lead the mafia has at this point, it is not beyond reason for BOLD PHALLA; attempting to insert oneself as a villager in order to close out the game eventually. Like I said, victory by attrition.

Don't say it can't work, you and I nearly did the same as mafia before.

I just think killing WH day 1 was a big no no and mafia/village/neutrals gonna suffer for it :P

day 1ing WH was probably the worst decision everyone involved could have made

liEt3nH.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    facetious wrote:

Like I said last night, either you haven't been paying attention or you yourself are mafia.

I mean, nobody had been discussing me (publicly, at least) in any way, shape, or form, and no one had pushed any votes for me prior to Infidel's rant against Retaba. I'm sorry that Infidel turned out to be a vanillager, but what I was saying wasn't wrong. I stand by my assessment that Infidel's logic was faulty. Furthermore, Retaba was the guardian. I knew that, which is why I stuck my neck out and brought some heat down on me.

Going from totally unnoticed to being accused of causing a sideshow in the thread to try and save a Guardian? Probably the goddamn stupidest thing a mafia (or anyone who isn't a vanillager, for that matter) could do. Even prior to that I had defended Capfalcon. What did he turn out to be? A villager. Defending Capfalcon was the first real thing I even said in this thread.

I'd really like to hear a valid explanation of why you think I am mafia. Because "arguing against Infidel in public" is not a valid reason.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    hey gumpy, who do you think you are? the devil?

Gonna vote for facetious

well i woulda voted for him had I bolded and colored that

facetious

Might not be back before vote close again. Facetious for now. Please don't secretly turn out to be one last village seer.

liEt3nH.png
    no, he's saying that rend told him he was village, and that if he was actually survival neutral, he would have said it. Because as a neutral, he has no fear of the mafia.

Langly wrote:
    no, he's saying that rend told him he was village, and that if he was actually survival neutral, he would have said it. Because as a neutral, he has no fear of the mafia.

Allow me to be precise: Rend told me he got the vanillager PM like we all did (but I was on the same send as his, so I already knew this to be true). This distinction is important when talking about Rend.

And yes, I'm not admitting to being mafia, I'm just saying worst case scenario he would recognize what my reaction would be were I survival neutral.

Hell, being a survival neutral in any game is fairly easy, last time I was I got a nice win when the mafia was close to finishing the game and I was just like 'leave me alone both sides, because taking me out hurts your chances of winning'. Being super vocal like this at this point in the game as a survival neutral is a good way to get oneself a big fat LOSS.

good thing im not a survival neutral!

I have a seer like ability at my disposal, although it only tells me your inner self and how you'll turn up when you die I believe

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Well, I'm not going to be around for the rest of the day. Just wanted to get that out there so nobody thinks I mysteriously vanished. I may log in from my phone later but it depends on how much I have had to drink.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    I think Rend is right about needing people to pile onto one wagon to prevent shenanigans, but I'd rather he didn't choose it. I've figured him for a survival neutral all game, and if all he needs to do is survive, sending us in circles would get this game over quicker, which give him a better chance of surviving.

Alegis made sense earlier, is usually pretty astute, and is one of the few people I don't suspect as mafia. He also offered to select a better vote target for us to bandwagon hard. Put it out there, Alegis, and I will follow you.
    I'll skim the thread and post my thoughts in a sec (note: probably will take much longer than just a few secs)

Well, it looks like we are getting sort of close to the tipping point where the mafia will just throw one of their own under the bus to make it difficult to track down the rest versus outright dictating bandwagons and relying on the remainder of the players to be too disjoint in order to stop them. Neutrals complicate this a bit because they would have little to no reason to try to stop a mafia run on the bandwagons.

I honestly don't know entirely how to feel about rend since he had that demon talk earlier, but based on what Jason Todd was saying I would hope the network is canny enough to step forward with a mouthpiece and put the kibosh on this facetious bandwagon if it is really being mafia dictated.