As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Post-[Phalla]ism: Phalla After Death - Game Over - Mages/Angels Victorious

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    hmm i guess ill clarify something, I approached rend with my role day 1 and asked for help.

He agreed and when I was trying to understand a bit more I asked him to make a call out for demons as I didn't want to out myself at the time in the event a dirty neutral hunt started when a lot more folks were alive.

I was using him to see if, based on my role pm, that angels had demons opposite of them. Angels and Demons are in agreement on things based on my pm so I was searching them out to see what they could do to help me stop the apocalypse.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I guess I might as well 'reveal'.

Last night, I was startled by the discovery that a line of communication with the Next Realm had been opened unto me - I was contacted by our fallen brother, Peccavi, from beyond.

He reaffirmed my suspicions of Drez while also offering Wildwood as a likely candidate for heretical wizardry.

I have no wish to mislead my tribesmen: Peccavi claims no additional knowledge to that which I have - he's backed by no seer, and speaking only what he is able to deduce as you or I must do. But his backing gave me confidence in my own suspicions, and they were bolstered quite severely with the turn the vote so swiftly took.

I'm not mafia, and it's pretty close to the point when the mafia will win by sheer numbers, hence why they're being more bold. I'm an easy target because I'm always outspoken: but for those that have played with me, it's imortant to remember that the mafia GENERALLY LEAVES ME ALIVE because my wild accusations often land on innocents (unfortunately). BUT if I did start naming mafia, they wouldn't want to use their mafia kill on me because that would make people wonder what I'd said to draw their ire; instead, instigating a vote on me still gives them plausible deniability when I turn up village. "Oh, I'm just a vanillager, I guessed wrong. My bad guys." Think about it.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    How would peccavi know you're a villager? Even if he's dead?

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Haha only now I noticed warban's call 'A request for those who have some introspective understanding of what lies ahead. I would like to talk to you as we have much in common.' actually applied to me. Not that I would have answered. I assumed everyone knew theirs already. Is that who you were talking to corvidae? How did any of you two know mafias were self-aware too? I didn't seem to catch a response to that yesterday.
    I didn't really consider the fact that no one else knew their power which is why I find this a bit suspect. But that might just be my shortsightedness. Although he does say he talked to rataba about theories.

no spreadsheet or post#s and only one mafia down means I don't have a lot to go on. I feel actually a bit safe of Facetious after reading this post for some reason.

mafias?:
    placed wildwood for being vote jump eager and then just roaming lightly around the thread.

hmm: (people I felt a bit odd about while reading for little or no reason)
    virgil
    stever (went into quiet mode after getting his role?)
    rysk
    cythraul (low laying, staying out of thread, seems to be in the know. maybe network)

ok: (I think these guys are alright)
    baidol
    fecklessR
    drez (also a slym vote)

I suppose I want to know more who tried to hide during the retaba-infidel show-off thing. Not really made my mind up about either facetious or corvidae. As odd as it may sound I'm more likely to think corvid is okay despite the questions I have. Facetious kept pushing for drez though. I don't think he's ballsy as mafia to point to 3 people (2 of which are confirmed OK and one of which I think is OK) and say he claims 2/3 are evil.
    I'm unsold between rysk-rend as well. I feel it's safer to try to pin one of the other bajillion mafias in some other way and await deciding between these two. Rend saying he received the village PM does feel incredibly like him trying to play as mafia without lying. I'm leaning more towards him being mafias. As for his defense why mafia wouldnt kill him - he usually gets killed off by mafias when trying to play broker for knowing too much. But I'm not entirely sold.

Alegis on
    made a bbcode error that underlined the entire post so here's wildwood again

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    the longest link ever posted

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Okay, so I went back and looked at SLyM's voting history, and honestly there's not much to go on:

Day 1: kuhlmeye
    Day 2: Segatai
    Day 3: Langly -> Peccavi
    Day 4: Stever777
    Day 5: Drez

He was the only person voting for kuhlmeye, SeGaTai, and Stever777 on those days. He started the Langly bandwagon on Day 3, and switched to Peccavi to "prevent a tie." On Day 5 he voted for Drez in order to prevent the bad guys from "controlling the vote."

About the only thing I can glean from this is that Drez is probably not a bad guy, since at the time SLyM voted for him the vote between Drez, 101, Corvidae, and Wildwood was pretty close. I think this increases the odds of Corvidae and Wildwood being bad guys.

Since I don't think Facetious is a bad guy, and now I'm reasonably certain Drez isn't a bad guy, and Corvidae seems to have gone MIA, I'm putti

Guys why are we dividing our votes

Whoops, somehow my Wildwood vote got cut off.

edited August 2011
    Locus wrote:
    Okay, so I went back and looked at SLyM's voting history, and honestly there's not much to go on:

Day 1: kuhlmeye
    Day 2: Segatai
    Day 3: Langly -> Peccavi
    Day 4: Stever777
    Day 5: Drez

He was the only person voting for kuhlmeye, SeGaTai, and Stever777 on those days. He started the Langly bandwagon on Day 3, and switched to Peccavi to "prevent a tie." On Day 5 he voted for Drez in order to prevent the bad guys from "controlling the vote."

About the only thing I can glean from this is that Drez is probably not a bad guy, since at the time SLyM voted for him the vote between Drez, 101, Corvidae, and Wildwood was pretty close. I think this increases the odds of Corvidae and Wildwood being bad guys.

Since I don't think Facetious is a bad guy, and now I'm reasonably certain Drez isn't a bad guy, and Corvidae seems to have gone MIA, I'm putti

poussin-putti.jpg

???

another angel revelation???

Langly on
    Ah, I see while I was having technical difficulties Alegis came to the same conclusion via a different route.

And Rend I don't believe that Facetious is a bad guy, which is why I'm voting for someone else. If you really really want me to, though, I'll change my vote.

We really need to consolidate our votes here. If you guys don't want to vote facetious that's cool, but here is the question. CAN WE MUSTER 11+ VOTES IN THE NEXT 3 OR SO HOURS.

If the answer is no, then we NEED to all go onto the same person. NEED.
    If we CAN muster those votes, fine, switch them off of facetious. But not onto corvidae. And not onto wildwood. And not onto me.

And not onto anonymous.

edited August 2011
    yeah I'm actually pleased someone else I thought was okayish came to the same conclusion. I feel a bit better about myself

Although my main motivation for voting something else than facetious stems more from me not wanting to follow rend's vote (I use the same tricks as Rend IRL, asking questions or using implications to avoid lying. Rysk's remark about receiving the PM - and just that, not 'i am village'- really bugs me) than being truly convinced facetious is alright. After skimming the thread I feel more okay about him now.

Alegis on
    uh ok

why

Rend wrote:
    How would peccavi know you're a villager? Even if he's dead?

He doesn't "know" I'm village. I'm not claiming he knew that, either. In fact when he first contacted me he basically said, "I think you're village, but if you're mafia then well done." However, I am village, and I figure the least I can do is give voice to another of our number as we try to make this important decision. I think we all know the village needs to move quickly at this point.

Real strong, facetious.

rend I have been riding your train this whole time and that one post made like every mafia flag I have go up

like, I had to go down into the basement and get some more to put up around the yard

Alegis wrote:
    yeah I'm actually pleased someone else I thought was okayish came to the same conclusion. I feel a bit better about myself

Although my main motivation for voting something else than facetious stems more from me not wanting to follow rend's vote (I use the same tricks as Rend IRL, asking questions or using implications to avoid lying. Rysk's remark about receiving the PM - and just that, not 'i am village'- really ticks me off) than being truly convinced facetious is alright.

Like I said, it's cool if you don't wanna follow the vote, but we can only switch if we can muster enough votes to outdo a mafia strongarm.

Here, I'll just direct quote Peccavi's latest correspondence:
    Welp, I don't know what to do at this point. Best I can think of is to bring up that, despite Rend's statement that the village needs to be 100% accurate for the rest of the game to win, he and Drez are voting for just because "Facetious is being suspicious." One of the mafia has finally died, you have voting records to analyze! But rather than doing that, even though Rend has mentioned that it's now do or die, he's pushing incredibly hard on voting you out without mentioning any evidence that incriminates you. Rend generally plays smarter than that.

Real strong, facetious.

Langly wrote:
    rend I have been riding your train this whole time and that one post made like every mafia flag I have go up

like, I had to go down into the basement and get some more to put up around the yard

At this point the only thing we can do is strike hard and fast, and not at the people I don't think should die. But I mean I'm only one vote, you guys don't have to vote with me. The only thing we HAVE to do is 90% of us vote together.

Is it that soon already for a mafia strongarm? I haven't been following #kills a night that are village/mafias controlled. Three hours to deadline seems enough to rally the vote, no? Also why not T_A/wildwood/whoever?

facetious wrote:
    Here, I'll just direct quote Peccavi's latest correspondence:
    Welp, I don't know what to do at this point. Best I can think of is to bring up that, despite Rend's statement that the village needs to be 100% accurate for the rest of the game to win, he and Drez are voting for just because "Facetious is being suspicious." One of the mafia has finally died, you have voting records to analyze! But rather than doing that, even though Rend has mentioned that it's now do or die, he's pushing incredibly hard on voting you out without mentioning any evidence that incriminates you. Rend generally plays smarter than that.

I will be honest: you've been pinging my suspicions for awhile now. But I don't really have time to "prove" it per se, since I'm at work. That's why I voted for you with no apparent reasoning.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    facetious: I never communicated with Peccavi in any way. And you state that he is not a seer and is not backed by a seer. So, in what way has he reaffirmed your utterly incorrect suspicions of me?

Also, I like how you waited to reveal until after I claimed I would likely not be posting again tonight.

I may only have my blackberry with me, but I can still keep an eye on things. If you want to get rid of me, facetious, I suggest you waste one of your mafia kills on me, or actually give a plausible reason as to why I am suspicious. Everything you have said has been vague and empty.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Alegis wrote:
    Is it that soon already for a mafia strongarm? I haven't been following #kills a night that are village/mafias controlled. Three hours to deadline seems enough to rally the vote, no? Also why not T_A/wildwood/whoever?

What I meant is, if there's an hour or two left and we're not commanding the vote, the mafia could reveal and just take it. Not enough people would log on in the meantime to react

I didn't intentionally wait for to you leave. I just woke up not long ago. :P Working evenings means my already-nocturnal habits are emphasised.

Real strong, facetious.

Probably the last thing I will say for awhile: There are other things to go on than voting histories. I am as suspicious of facetious as I was of Infidel for a variety of reasons that I have already communicated.

Now, Infidel turned out to be a villager. So I was wrong about him. But I still stand by my assertion that he was acting suspiciously. And I stand by my feelings toward facetious who seems ready to scapegoat me without providing a single logical argument, just a bunch of vague nonsense.

for this vote we're gonna need everyone

what do you mean everyone?

Yeah, if we're working under the assumption that there are 9 bad guys left, we need 22 people voting for facetious to prevent shenanigans.

Since Wildwood is apparently a bad choice, and noone else sticks out to me at the moment: facetious

I can't believe Rend can just balls-out say "don't vote for x, y, z, a, b, and c" and people believe him. That's amazing.

Congratulations, Rend.

Real strong, facetious.

I'm kind of offended that you keep blaming Rend for the bandwagon. Didn't I start it?

Locus wrote: »
    Since Wildwood is apparently a bad choice,

Well then you can explain that to me as I'm not getting it.

Drez wrote:
    I'm kind of offended that you keep blaming Rend for the bandwagon. Didn't I start it?

Didn't you know?

Every bandwagon is my fault.

edited August 2011
    Sometimes you just have to trust someone. I've tried the "Don't trust anybody! Ever!" thing and frankly it's not that fun nor is it helpful very often. Yeah, sometimes you end up getting played if you're too trusting, but that's the nature of the game. Right now, Rend obviously has more information than I do. I can either trust him or not trust him. We're in dire straits, so I'm opting to trust and then hoping for the best.

Edit: This is to both facetious and Alegis.

Locus on
    You're working together, Drez.

Half-credit.

Real strong, facetious.

I am in no way seeing a problem with a wildwood vote, and I think we can get the votes for it.

Right now, Rend obviously has more information than I do.
    He might as well say why T_A/Wildwood are bad choices. If he's not mafias then the mafias already assume they're confirmed via networking. Network doesn't seem to be much alive or effective though.

Alegis wrote:
    Right now, Rend obviously has more information than I do.
    He might as well say why T_A/Wildwood are bad choices. If he's not mafias then the mafias already assume they're confirmed via networking. Network doesn't seem to be much alive or effective though.

Unfortunately revealing exactly why any of my choices are bad choices would tip the mafia off as to why I said them.

Here's a hint: My list isn't composed of contacts or people I know. They are just people I know am 80-90% certain are bad vote targets. So, apologies that my reasoning won't quite be forthcoming.

• FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    Rend wrote:
    Drez wrote:

Didn't you know?

Every bandwagon is my fault.

Whoa whoa, he was on my list of highly suspicious people last night. Let's not discount detective work for nothing, right or wrong.

There's like an hour and a half worth of analysis in that bad boy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]