As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2011 Forum Badges

• Options
    ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Steel Fire wrote:
    beta_angel wrote:
    Did somebody say Forum Badges?

Why yes...I has them.

Beta- Can you stick a ruler on one of those and give us a dimension for the name block?

The name area is 11/16th of an inch high and 2 13/16th's wide excluding the QRcode box.

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    Thanks, ElmoFuntz!

• Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Hey Beta.. Are we just telling you where to stick rulers and you're sticking them there? Because I had some ideas for that. <3 (the <3 makes it ok)

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Found the questions. is it okay to write the answers down? I don't think I can remember the various forum names and such.

etherealvision on
    Let there be games!
  • Options
    afipanicafipanic Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Found the questions. is it okay to write the answers down? I don't think I can remember the various forum names and such.

As long as no one minds, I got them in a Google Doc for anyone to reference.
    If this is not allowed I'll change the privacy settings, but for now here all.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/16-YW2R_HVaC1xABODUO-94cs3dfsMTucUXlADJzomCU/edit?hl=en_US

afipanic on
    Next PAX: West 2017!
    Flight: [X]
    Lodging: [X]
    Passes: [X]
    Excitement: [10/10]
  • Options
    ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Yes you can take a cheat sheet with you to answer the questions. The idea is to prove you read the thread and are on the forums not that you can memorize 12 questions :D

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• Options
    bitterfunbitterfun Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    GAH! A test! I'm going to collapse under pressure... half my answers will be panda-pear or bologna.

• Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    As usual Kropotkin, you've done another amazing job! Can't wait to display my forum membership with pride! And a kickass badge :D

<@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    BTW, Cronus?

YES, I can get a shot of the back. It'll be a bit. I wasn't ignoring you.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    MelceneMelcene Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    kropotkin wrote:
    Well here it is, the back of the forum badge! Over 160 names are present on it for this year, stand up and be recognised people :)
    PAX_Prime_2011_PA_Forum_Badge_Back_FINAL.jpg

Woot! I'm there! I must must must remember to pick up my badge on Friday!

melcene-wide.png
    mogablah-BlackUserbar.gif
  • Options
    mral777mral777 Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    kropotkin wrote:
    Well here it is, the back of the forum badge! Over 160 names are present on it for this year, stand up and be recognised people :)

Soooooo happy I made the badge
    Sadly no pre-pax shin-dig this year as me and my cousin will be flying in late Thursday night - so i guess its a quick trip to BYOC area

• Options
    savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    Melcene wrote:
    kropotkin wrote:

Woot! I'm there! I must must must remember to pick up my badge on Friday!

This is the pre-printer correction photo, right?

Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    I think I have half-inch tape for my Brother p-touch labeler...I might just premake a label for my badge. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    G4MERG4MER Registered User regular
    I MADE THE BADGE, I feel so warm and squishy. Oh, wait, brb.. need a change of pants. ha! No really Thanks for the honor!

g4mer_paxsig.png
  • Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    alegria wrote:
    I think I have half-inch tape for my Brother p-touch labeler...I might just premake a label for my badge. :)

I'm using printer label paper for mine so I can use fancier fonts. :D

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Can't wait to pick it up!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Haven't checked this thread in forever.

I'm stoked I made the back of the badge, I'll be rocking it with pride throughout my PAX-perience.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I pick this up at the BYOC table? Will anyone on the pubcrawl have these to give out?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    afipanicafipanic Registered User regular
    I feel silly for asking, but where exactly is the BYOC desk?

Next PAX: West 2017!
    Flight: [X]
    Lodging: [X]
    Passes: [X]
    Excitement: [10/10]
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    afipanic wrote:
    I feel silly for asking, but where exactly is the BYOC desk?

the BYOC table is in front of the BYOC area near the PC area on the 6th floor. The mobile apps have full maps; you should be able to find the PC area there.

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    This is an update post before PAX kicks off proper like :) First off here is the updated back of the badge that has been corrected:
    PAX_Prime_2011_PA_Forum_Badge_Back_FINAL_Rev_a.jpg

Secondly here are the amended questions with their answers:
    1) Name ONE unofficial PAX Prime community event:

* West Coast Train Trip
    * Pre-PAX Dinner
    * Post PAX Party
    * Cookie Brigade
    * The Triwizard Drinking Tournament
    * Girls Meet Up
    * Pre-PAX Magical Mystery Tour
    * PAX Prime Assassins
    * Buttoneering
    * Pre-PAX/Post PAX Board Game meetup

2) Who made the Forum Badges?

Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]

3) Do Gabe and Tycho read the PAX forums?

No

4) What is the Name/Handle of the PAX Forum Moderator?

Moe Fwacky

5) What new colour scheme are the revamped forums in?

White background, black text.

6) What does 'WCTT' stand for?

West Coast Train Trip

7) Buttons or collectable cards at PAX Prime?

Buttons

8) There is a group of PAX attendees that gives out crunchy and sweet foodstuffs and takes voluntary donations for the Childsplay charity during PAX. What is this group called?

The Cookie Brigade

9) How many names are printed on the back of the PAX Prime 2011 Forum Badge?

167 [To the nearest 25]

10) According to the forums, it is a general rule that PAX is most definately not, under any cirumstances a BLANK service. What is the 'blank'?

Dating

11) What creature is there a picture of on the right hand side of the PAX community shield?

A fish/salmon

12) At mark-up can PAX Passes be sold on the PAX Forums?

None, they are sold at face value.

Finally, the plastic holders for badges may have been held up in the post. If this turns out to be an issue, you will have to pick them up at the BYOC desk. If it is just the holder you're after, no question will be asked by the enforcer. Unless of course they're having a really bad day...

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    kropotkin wrote:
    This is an update post before PAX kicks off proper like :) First off here is the updated back of the badge that has been corrected:
    PAX_Prime_2011_PA_Forum_Badge_Back_FINAL_Rev_a.jpg

Secondly here are the amended questions with their answers:
    1) Name ONE unofficial PAX Prime community event:

* West Coast Train Trip
    * Pre-PAX Dinner
    * Post PAX Party
    * Cookie Brigade
    * The Triwizard Drinking Tournament
    * Girls Meet Up
    * Pre-PAX Magical Mystery Tour
    * PAX Prime Assassins
    * Buttoneering
    * Pre-PAX/Post PAX Board Game meetup
    * Post PAX Party

2) Who made the Forum Badges?

Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]

3) Do Gabe and Tycho read the PAX forums?

No

4) Name the primary forum admin

Moe Fwacky

5) What new colour scheme are the revamped forums in?

White background, black text.

6) What does 'WCTT' stand for?

West Coast Train Trip

7) Buttons or collectable cards at PAX Prime?

Buttons

8) There is a group of PAX attendees that sell crunchy and sweet foodstuffs for the Childsplay charity during PAX. What is this group called?

The Cookie Brigade

9) How many names are printed on the back of the PAX Prime 2011 Forum Badge?

167 [To the nearest 25]

10) According to the forums, it is a general rule that PAX is most definately not, under any cirumstances a BLANK service. What is the 'blank'?

Dating

11) What creature is there a picture of on the right hand side of the PAX community shield?

A fish/salmon

12) At mark-up can PAX Passes be sold on the PAX Forums?

None, they are sold at face value.

Finally, the plastic holders for badges may have been held up in the post. If this turns out to be an issue, you will have to pick them up at the BYOC desk. If it is just the holder you're after, no question will be asked by the enforcer. Unless of course they're having a really bad day...

Wow. Great work! Thanks so much for fixing my name :) <insert happy dance here>

I do see a couple of small nitpicks errors in the question/answers.

Question 1) Looks like you have Post Pax Party listed twice.

Question 8) I'm pretty sure cookie brigade GIVES crunchy and sweet foodstuffs and asks for donations for Child's Play.

I SO can't wait to get my badge (almost as much as PAX itself). :)

Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Options
    @savagehart thanks for the corrections, post has been amended :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    Morphine503Morphine503 Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Hey all never posted in this thread before, but I guess I have been busy. Playing Bayonetta, Portal 2, finishing MW2, APB again and I'm trying to learn Magic before the convention. This past weekend I took my first steps in TF2 and played the From Dust Demo. Whew! If there is some room I would appreciate the love!

Morphine503 on
  • Options
    Morphine503...umm...yeah, so badges have been printed already.

So, you're unfortunately behind the times on this one and will not be making the list.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    You do know I'm not the primary forum admin, right? I'm the PAX forum moderator (there is much more to this forum outside of PAX).

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    You do know I'm not the primary forum admin, right? I'm the PAX forum moderator (there is much more to this forum outside of PAX).

Po-tay-toh, Po-tah-toh, Moe. (J/K!) I've been there, it's not really bad until people start accusing you of being an employee of the company whose fourms you happen to volunteer moderate ;). (Sadly this one is true).

• Options
    Moe Fwacky wrote:

Well I'm referring to the PAX Forums specifically, not all of the PA Forums as a whole. Even still, I'll amend the question slightly :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Stupid question perhaps, but... I know we pick these up at the BYOC area (for those unable to attend any pre-PAX stuff). Is that the area labelled PC on 6th floor, or will it be one of the small rooms in the WSCC? Just trying to figure out where I need to go to pick mine up!

Melcene on
    melcene-wide.png
  • Options
    iguyiguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    This is a phenomenal job kropotkin, you have outdone yourself. Sadly I will not be making the pre-pax dinner this year as I had hoped because work did not allow for it. However, I've noticed that my handle made the list, I appreciate that, and will look to pick this up from BYOC Friday. Thanks again.

@beta_angel: I was curious what the surface was like, paper or laminate?

iguy on
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:

The only things outside of the PAX forums are wolves. Wolves and cold.

7B14287.png
  • Options
    peetsnack wrote:
    Moe Fwacky wrote:

And squirrels. Evil, Evil squirrels.

• Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    savagehart wrote:
    peetsnack wrote:
    Moe Fwacky wrote:

And sad kittens. In my wake.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    savagehart wrote:
    peetsnack wrote:
    Moe Fwacky wrote:

And bunnies. Terrifying little bunnies.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Melcene wrote:
    Stupid question perhaps, but... I know we pick these up at the BYOC area (for those unable to attend any pre-PAX stuff). Is that the area labelled PC on 6th floor, or will it be one of the small rooms in the WSCC? Just trying to figure out where I need to go to pick mine up!

Just don't want my question to get lost... Anyone on the BYOC staff or anything that can direct me as to where to go on Friday?

melcene-wide.png
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Okay, fine, the only things outside the PAX forums are the following: wolves, cold, evil, evil squirrels, sad kittens in Menolly's wake, and terrifying little bunnies.

Now let's get the discussion back on track before moe adds us to that list as well.

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
  • Options
    Melcene wrote:
    Melcene wrote:

Just don't want my question to get lost... Anyone on the BYOC staff or anything that can direct me as to where to go on Friday?

The best advice I can give is to head over to the PC Freeplay area. This is usually very close to the BYOC section, which is very clearly sign-posted.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    kropotkin wrote:
    Melcene wrote:
    Melcene wrote:

The best advice I can give is to head over to the PC Freeplay area. This is usually very close to the BYOC section, which is very clearly sign-posted.

If you ever find yourself lost, there should be a world map somewhere nearby, and if not, there is almost guaranteed to be a friendly Enforcer around, happily willing to answer your questions, and give directions! :D

<@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    iguy wrote:
    @beta_angel: I was curious what the surface was like, paper or laminate?

It's the feeling a babys ass on your face.

Also, it's more of a glossy, cardboard. They're not uber-flimsy like basic paper, but they're not stiff like an erect pe...they have give and they're made well.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Kropotkin, on the last image you posted of the back, there's no space between Coldbrew and the name before it. Otherwise, lookin' good!

NSw0gum.png