As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 8-17-11: Giant Size Man-Thing

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Graphic Violence
Daredevil #2 looks like it will replace Batgirl as the go-to fun book in my pull list, like so:

img281.jpg

img282-1.jpg

And Thunderbolts #162, a real good "let the team beat up stuff" issue, where everyone, even the Underbolts get screentime. But the highlight is this:

img283.jpg

img284.jpg

TexiKen on

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    The final panel of the first issue of the Spider-girl SI tie in has permanently glued a grin on my face. Stellar issue.

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Daredevil is boss

• Options
    GankGank Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Solar wrote:
    Daredevil is boss

As demonstrated by the fact his new series has been turned into an audio book as read by Mark Waid.

Marvel fans who are blind have written the company letters explaining that they keep up with the adventures of their favorite heroes by having friends read the comics aloud to them every single week. In honor of those fans, Wacker assembled a team of Marvel editors and staff to create the audiobook version of Daredevil #1.

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Gank wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    Daredevil is boss

As demonstrated by the fact his new series has been turned into an audio book as read by Mark Waid.

Marvel fans who are blind have written the company letters explaining that they keep up with the adventures of their favorite heroes by having friends read the comics aloud to them every single week. In honor of those fans, Wacker assembled a team of Marvel editors and staff to create the audiobook version of Daredevil #1.

That is awesome.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Marvel Universe vs. Wolverine #3 again shows why Jonathan Maberry should be writing the Deadpool series:

img285.jpg

img286.jpg

Give Wolverine a hand, will you?

img287.jpg

Superman/Batman #87, I bought the book on the cover alone, and it's a fun conclusion to the series that shows what happens when Joker tries to shoot Clark Kent:

img288.jpg

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Your Superman/Batman image is broken there, dude.

• Options
    really? It's loading up like a normal image for me. here's the direct link just in case

• Options
    GankGank Registered User regular
    Looks like my MOTW is FI: Deadpool. These panels alone are all you need to know that Hastings absolutely should be writing the main Deadpool book.
    Funny Deadpool:
    deadpool01.jpg

Heroic Deadpool:
    deadpool02.jpg

Charming Deadpool:
    deadpool03.jpg

galactussig-1.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote:
    Gank wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    Daredevil is boss

That is awesome.

Yeah that is really great

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    TexiKen wrote:
    Marvel Universe vs. Wolverine #3 again shows why Jonathan Maberry should be writing the Deadpool series:

img285.jpg

img286.jpg

img287.jpg

Is he the guy that wrote DoomWar? Cause Deadpool shows up on that as well doesn't he? If so, he certainly seems to have an affection for the character, and yeah, writes him well.

How's Marvel vs. Wolverine? It's a prequel right? I skipped it because with the Punisher one that came out, and all the Marvel Zombie books in the past few years, I sort of been burn out with the whole "Watch the heroes kill each other/become monsters"

noir_blood on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Generation Hope #10 was a great character focus issue and a wonderful trip down the memory lane of how the X-Men constantly get fucked over.

Also Gillen poking some much deserved fun at all the "HOPE IS JEAN!!!" people. Good times all around.

• Options
    noir_blood wrote:
    TexiKen wrote:

img285.jpg

img286.jpg

img287.jpg

Is he the guy that wrote DoomWar? Cause Deadpool shows up on that as well doesn't he? If so, he certainly seems to have an affection for the character, and yeah, writes him well.

How's Marvel vs. Wolverine? It's a prequel right? I skipped it because with the Punisher one that came out, and all the Marvel Zombie books in the past few years, I sort of been burn out with the whole "Watch the heroes kill each other/become monsters"

Yep, Maberry is the guy who wrote the super great Doomwar. And MU vs. Wolverine is the prequel to MU vs. Punisher, and both have been really good. It's not so much zombie heroes but heroes turned into savages, establishing their own turfs and whatnot. If you never read the Punisher one yet, you might as well wait until Wolverine comes out in a hardcover and read both at the same time.

• Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Marvel Universe vs. Wolverine has been REALLY good. I did really enjoy the Marvel Universe vs. Punisher books, a lot, but this Wolverine prequel has been even better so far.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    RRRG.

Had to wait a day to get Fallout #6 and there's pages missing in my copy.

Heads will roll.

H9f4bVe.png