As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

UPDATE : Moving to a new home!

• Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    sup3rj0e wrote:
    Will this mean the search function will be back?

Reading old posts beats reading "we talked about that yesterday" and feeling like a dipshit.
    It won't be immediate, but it will happen eventually.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Where did the quote button go? :o

I think searching is gone for the forseeable future. Alpha mentioned it somewhere, somewhen.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Where did the quote button go? :o

I think searching is gone for the forseeable future. Alpha mentioned it somewhere, somewhen.
    I... uh... think you got jailed.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Are we about to make the move? :o

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    We were, the boxes are up and running and are chuging through their port installs. A *HUGE* filetransfer is going down, so we should launch tommorow.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    We were, the boxes are up and running and are chuging through their port installs. A *HUGE* filetransfer is going down, so we should launch tommorow.
    oh man, thats today! Im giddy like a school girl!

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    Oh god, let it be soon. The 500 errors are getting bad this morning.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    poik007poik007 Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Ya-500 error

poik007 on
    DIYD_M3_bannered2.png
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Have we switched over yet?

yalborap on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I'm making a cake in honor of this server switch. I totally just got done licking the bowl clean of what was left of the batter.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Quiet, you're turning me on.

Captain K on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Captain K wrote:
    Quiet, you're turning me on.
    It's chocolate too. :winky:

Henroid on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    is this likely to happen soon? these 500 errors are a little disheartening :(

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    So... what happened to the switch? I'm getting almost nothing but 500 errors now.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    elecgutselecguts Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    So... what happened to the switch? I'm getting almost nothing but 500 errors now.

Computers are not an exact science. I'd be surprised if there wasn't some sort of hold-up or error.

elecguts on
    wait, what?
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Yeah, I know, but I figured if there was a problem, the site wouldn't be up at all (since the original server will still be part of the system).

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Murphy's Law is probably at fault here.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    I had to put out fires with the podcast thing yesterday. Normally podcasts hit our server pretty hard, when iTunes makes us on of the "podcasts of the week" (go into iTunes, click on podcast, just wait for ~5-10 sec. in the middle "Penny Arcade" will show up) our bandwidth usage jumps and stays around our cap (~150Mbps) for a good 24 hours the (already broken server) screams in pain and agony. To protect ourselves against this in the future (and to give Gabe/Tycho the freedom to publish whatever they want), we decided to add one more "goodie" to our network configuration that will outscale Penny Arcade by a long shot. Last minute changes to major network infastructure puts a kink in things. I'll see if I can get a picture of the new switch + 5 boxes, the goodie and our 4U frankenstein machine are physically located somewhere else for now.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    not hassling or getting impatient.. but has it happened yet? Are the current 500 errors with bugs on the new setup, or still the old hardware?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    sup3rj0e wrote:
    Halfmex wrote:
    Forar wrote:
    elecguts wrote:
    TheFarSide wrote:
    Hoor500 - Internal Server 500 - Internal Server Error

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I demand pictures of the old server being sent into exile. Bonus points for a sad face drawn on a paper plate then stuck to said server.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    darleysam wrote:
    not hassling or getting impatient.. but has it happened yet? Are the current 500 errors with bugs on the new setup, or still the old hardware?
    The 500 error has been getting crazy during the "peak" hours of the day, which I guess can be associated with the afternoon when school gets out and everyone jumps on at once.

Henroid on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Sometime soon I expect to be just reading a thread when a blaze of light will burst out of the screen and Stan Bush's "You've Got the Touch" will start playing. And then the forums will actually jump out of my computer and float above my bed in 3D.

Butler on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    There was mention yesterday of new servers being installed with regard to the PA podcast. Are the servers getting their new equipment.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    A status update would be nice. PA is my favorite place on the entire internet.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    I'm making a cake in honor of this server switch. I totally just got done licking the bowl clean of what was left of the batter.
    you're making a cake?

QUICK, ADD HIS INGREDIENTS

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I, too, would like an update.

And keep in mind that if this post were a bomb, you'd already be dead.

Of course, so would I.

Shit.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    darleysam wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    you're making a cake?

QUICK, ADD HIS INGREDIENTS
    You can shoot it into the pan with the new Super Soaker!

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    That cake came out rather well.

Also, it's all gone. You guys missed otu.

Henroid on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    That cake came out rather well.

Also, it's all gone. You guys missed otu.
    Why don't you invite us over for cake anymore?! You think we're fat don't you?!

D:

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    I have a sign outside my door that says "No fatties allowed." I figure if I live in Texas I have to be blindly hateful toward someone. :P

On a more thread-related note, check it out, I think I was right about that peak hour thing.

Henroid on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    I have a sign outside my door that says "No fatties allowed." I figure if I live in Texas I have to be blindly hateful toward someone. :P

On a more thread-related note, check it out, I think I was right about that peak hour thing.
    Ah, so no fatties, you're allowed to have one. Quickly fatties, to Henroid's place!

Also, not to burst your theory bubble mang, but I've been getting these 500's like crazy all day.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    superjoesuperjoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Suggestion to those that go "argh" every time their monitor changes into its Omega Black-Text-On-White power-up mode:

Change your homepage to www.500-internalservererror.com.

[spoiler:da52a5ab37]that way it's expected[/spoiler:da52a5ab37]

superjoe on
    IlOZ6.png
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    I have a funny story involving hard drives, grommits, and physics. I'll spare you the details but it ends up with Murphys Law trumping all.

Details to follow when I get them.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    Mr. Yos MannMr. Yos Mann Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Hey alpha, I could get you some outsourcing solutions. We have some Chinese political prisoners who are computer engineering graduates or some Indians who work for a dvd of bollywood movies. We just have some snag with their ching-ching blabbering or the curry flavored smell but we could do it.

Mr. Yos Mann on
    shinichiropot2.gif
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Hey alpha, I could get you some outsourcing solutions. We have some Chinese political prisoners who are computer engineering graduates or some Indians who work for a dvd of bollywood movies. We just have some snag with their ching-ching blabbering or the curry flavored smell but we could do it.

For his next trick, Yos Mann will walk right up to a Texas ranger and urinate on his shoe.

Butler on
  • Options
    HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Henroid wrote:

No fatties in Texas? So.... 75% of the population? That's a lot of hate.

Hamju on
    kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    So, I decided to see if we had made the transition yet, so I click on the forum link...

500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR OLOLOLOL

/cry

CJTheran on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    I have a funny story involving hard drives, grommits, and physics. I'll spare you the details but it ends up with Murphys Law trumping all.

Called it! :P

Henroid on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2006

Hoora... wait.

D:

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png