As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Post-[Phalla]ism: Phalla After Death - Game Over - Mages/Angels Victorious

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Originally i wasn't going to use the axe kill myself but ill even announce who gets killed tonight jsut to prove it, and if it doesnt happen clearly i was lied to by whom I am in contact with

btw baidol has everythign to gain if he's mafia, 1 extra day alive may be the difference of their victory or not :P

I can't parse "Originally i wasn't going to use the axe kill myself." It sounds like you are calling yourself the axeman. What do you mean?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Anyway, Mr. D, why not suggest the axeman kill Baidol?

Then we kill three birds with one stone:

a) Baidol (another mafia) is dead.
    b) You confirm that you know the SK.
    c) We don't waste a vote and the SK doesn't kill another villager.

This was the village is happy and the SK is in no way diverted from his cause. At least if the village kills another villager, we know it's our own fault.

Clarification: When I refer to voting Baidol out as "wasted" what I mean is that it's a very obvious bandwagon that we learn nothing from. I'd rather us vote a different target out and the SK kill Baidol.

Not only does that give us more voting record data, it also gives the SK more voting record data, since the SK is undoubtedly mafia hunting as well.

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Originally i wasn't going to use the axe kill myself but ill even announce who gets killed tonight jsut to prove it, and if it doesnt happen clearly i was lied to by whom I am in contact with

btw baidol has everythign to gain if he's mafia, 1 extra day alive may be the difference of their victory or not :P

I can't parse "Originally i wasn't going to use the axe kill myself." It sounds like you are calling yourself the axeman. What do you mean?

i mean tell him who to kill, that would be me using the kill

For now I'm going to !retract stever777 and !vote Virgil_Leads_You for a couple of reasons:

- Always a good idea to have a backup vote. Right now Spoit's vote counts as two votes against Virgil, so with mine that makes three.
    - The other stuff I said about leaving Baidol to the axeman, if Mr. D/axey are willing to play ball.

I have a feeling Spoit's vote is more based on gut feeling than anything else. Doesn't mean Virgil is or isn't mafia, though.

Drez wrote:

i mean tell him who to kill, that would be me using the kill

OK. So can you tell him to kill Baidol?

If you read my posts on the matter, I think that would be the most beneficial to both us and the SK, even if the SK has no desire or intention to work with us. Remind the SK that voting records help him too.

I screwed up the BBCODE above. !retract stever777 !vote Virgil_Leads_You

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote:
    REG Rysk wrote:
    REG Rysk wrote:
    General rule: You can't work temporarily with an SK because eventually he'll just kill you. He can't win otherwise and it is in every person's interest to vote them out ASAP. Unless of course you are in a Rawkking Phalla where killing the SK is the one thing you DO NOT WANT TO DO.

EVER.

I'm just going to leave this here...

REG, please stop.

You don't need to repeat yourself.

And you are ignoring the fact that this is not about cooperating with the SK. Even assuming total non-cooperation from the SK, the SK will still want to kill Baidol. That has nothing to do with wanting to cooperate with the village. If the village chooses not to vote Baidol out, the SK would be crazy not to kill him. And the SK killing Baidol is best for the village.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Ugh, please...please guys don't do this.

The one thing you absolutely 100% have to kill other than a revealed mafia is a revealed SK.

OR

For you mafia out there:

The one thing you absolutely 100% have to kill other than a revealed GUARD is a revealed SK.

REG Rysk on
    edited August 2011
    So you disagree that the SK would kill Baidol if the village decided not to?

Are YOU the SK? Do you just not want to do it? I notice you left "For you SK out there:" out of your post.

Drez on
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    I think REG is saying, some things you're better off seeing to yourself.

• FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    I think Drez has some good points, but ultimately, we need to trust the dead seer. I'm assuming they know having an SK around and killing helps us in the short term. I'm doubtful they would have given us the name of an SK so soon. Nice try Baidol.

If I was the SK...why would I tell people to kill them first?

Silly Drez.

And you are correct, but there is a distinct possibility that an SK may not be so easily killed.

Let's get some facts and go from there. (The subtext is that murdering Baidol is fact finding - YAY FOR MURDER!)

• SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    Yeah, thinking about it I'm rather doubtful of Baidol's reveal. Pretending to be an SK in the face of a verifiable bandwagon from the seer seems like something a mafia might try to do to get a bandwagon off of him. Even if he is the axeman, unless he has some sort of protection from not vote kills the mafia is going to try to kill him tonight. Or with what was happening to Jason Todd earlier, they might be able to block his kills instead.

Also, we need to watch out for potential shenanigans tonight. We don't want to let the mafia pull any trickle down nonsense if Baidol gets vigged by the mafia or the SK. I think we should keep baidol in a healthy lead but make sure that we aren't all voting for him so we don't get blindsided near vote close.

Baidol seems to have a good lead for the moment, so I'm going to !retract Baidol and !vote stever777, because he has been voting for me continuously ever since I subbed in to replace an inactive, and that is really starting to bug me as it has allowed him to dodge all of the fruitless bandwagons we've had so far.

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Alright, well I don't want to vote for someone not-Baidol with so many people left to vote and so little time left to vote in. If he is mafia, we'll want to avoid any last-minute shenanigans.

Baidol

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    thanks to the heavy rain my keyboard is broken and I'm using my phone as an input device! going to bed and leaving vote on baIdol.agreed that if bashful is SK that mafia would kill him, but I'm going for him being mafIosI.otherwise Id vote wIldeood

• TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    I hope Baidol is lying. Time will tell.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    baidol is pretty securely in the lead now i think unless there are crazy BEYOOOOOND THE GRAAAAVE vote manips going on

so i'd like to make it really clear that i am suspicious as fuck of stever

liEt3nH.png
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    While I'm also suspicious of stever, I'll add to the Baidol vote. Just in case.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    Gonna put my faith behind our dead seer.

Baidol

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    because it doesn't look like I posted this earlier, and was sitting in my post box.
    Drez wrote:
    - Spoit (dead villager) voted for Virgil, though as far as I know he doesn't have any death seering ability so that is probably just his guess (unless someone communicated something to him before he died).
    - stever777 (alive unknown) voted for Savant with no explanation is really bizarre. I wonder if he has some kind of posting restriction.
    - wildwood might be a good guess. I don't know much about him.

Spoit has been on my hide since the first few days because he doesn't like the reasons for my votes.

And honestly, I suggest we take Baidol out, just because our dead seer told us to. I'm not sure how disappointed our ancestors would be, if the village messed even that up.

Sorta beside the point now that there is such a huge wagon, but I figured I'd get my word out there again.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    A little less than 1 hour until vote close

Locus wrote:
    Alright, well I don't want to vote for someone not-Baidol with so many people left to vote and so little time left to vote in. If he is mafia, we'll want to avoid any last-minute shenanigans.

Baidol

I'll switch back to baidol if it looks like the mafia is trying to save him. We had a situation like this in the D&D phalla where we had a big bandwagon on a mafia then they busted out at the last minute to vote for one of the networked folks and created a tie to kill multiple villagers with a trickle down.

With so many mafia left we really need to be careful of any potential shenanigans they have up their sleeves.

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Gah, I don't know. Baidol I guess.

It's probably best for us to kill Baidol. I do stand by what I said, but I think it would have taken a concerted effort by everyone to make it happen and it was potentially risky.

I highly doubt that Baidol is the SK. I would be very surprised if he is not mafia.

Also, @Mr. Defecation please call the SK's target after vote close as you said you would.

I am leaving my vote on Virgil, by the way. Just to spread the votes around somewhere. I'll stick around till 9PM to make sure the mafia doesn't try and pull any shenanigans.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Virgil_Leads_You seems like a pretty good choice.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    There had best be no shenanigans going on here. Or I'll smack you.

Vote Closed.

Heh.

Clarification request: What do you mean by "heh"?

Alright, looks like there wasn't much in the way of shenanigans. Hopefully Baidol was lying and is mafia.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Heh

Hey, good work today village, you guys are fantastically helpful.

Also, any neutrals left that want to get in touch, I'm open to PM's.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Mr. Defecation: Can you call that kill now please?

Clarification denied :P

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    wut

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    and then Rawkking was the axe murderer

VayBJ4e.png
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Fuck.

Baidol, you're a village idiot, aren't you?

I can't wait to see what I fucked up tonight.

edited August 2011
    Day 7

The drums of war beat loudly today.

It all started when Baidol’s cover was blown in the middle of camp…by the very people his golem had killed yesterday. By the time he escaped and made a break for the forest clearing he had last met his fellow scholars a huge tribal warband was right behind him.

Screaming for help, most of the mages in the clearing ran for the woods, silently cursing the young mage for selfishly exposing their position. One man stayed behind, blasting Gumpy with a beam of concentrated light through the stomach. His resolve quickly faltered as Gumpy continued to struggle forward, holding his guts with one hand and his spear with the other, and he too ran screaming from the fury the tribesmen now showed after too many days of war.

In the forest, the mages Virgil and Savant ran in a panicked rout. As they ran, Savant’s eyes widened further as a hulking monster with a gigantic axe emerged from a side path, loping off Virgil’s head with one swing before Savant could even warn his colleague. Acting fast, Savant shouted a quick incantation, teleporting a hundred meters. Exhausted by the ordeal but safe, he rested against the back of a tree and closed his eyes.

But when he opened them merely seconds later, all he could see was the ghost of a fallen tribal villager right in front of him.

Elsewhere, Mr. Defecation wandered the battlefield, loudly proclaiming dire warnings of the apocalypse looming near. Despite the confidence in his voice he was still unsure of what exactly he could do to stop this from occurring. If only his master would give him just a little more guidance in the matter..!

Suddenly a chill passed over his body, and he saw the ghostly visage of the one he was supposed to defeat looming over him. With a sigh, Mr. Defecation accepted his death as part of his master’s greater plan seconds before the ghostly scythe stopped his heart.

Finished with his task, Wandering Hero looked at the smoke in the distant forest, where Baidol had just claimed himself and The Anonymous in self-immolation. Even Drez, the chieftain himself, had fallen. The carnage was growing, and the spectre’s bony jaw twisted into a smile.

The next day the body of a strange pale-skinned human was found on the plains. Both the phalla tribe and mages’ guild scout were puzzled by their discovery. Who could this man have been?

Day 7 Eliminated
    Baidol – Mage – Vote
    Virgil_Leads_You – Mage – bisected by an axe
    Gumpy – Tribal Villager – wizard beam through the stomach
    The Anonymous – Tribal Villager – immolated
    Savant – Mage – vengeance of the dead
    Mr. Defecation – Angel – reaped
    Drez - Chieftain - vengeance of the dead

Day 8 has begun, and will end at 9 PM EST.
    Status updates are going out.

Rawkking Goodguy on