As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Green Lantern Thread

Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Graphic Violence
The Sinestro Corps War is OVER!

We Won Bitches!!

GLCOR-Cv18.jpg

Wiki wrote:
With the Green Lantern Corps restarted with the return of Hal Jordan, Sinestro has founded the Sinestro Corps and has been been actively recruiting members, offering yellow power rings and a role in the Corps to those who can "instill great fear". Members of the Corps are immediately taken to Qward to "...be subjected to psychological and physical reconditioning". The Sinestro Corps works in sectors, much like the GLC. Qward now has a huge yellow "Central Battery" on it, like the one used on Oa.
Geoff Johns, in an interview, revealed that the Sinestro Corps is a mirror organisation to the GLC and it will have "its own Oa-type planet, its own Guardians, [and] its own oath."
Arkillo, a large and muscular vicious alien is enslaving all the Qwardian Weaponeers and forcing them to continuously build new yellow rings, programmed to breach the barrier between anti-matter and matter universe and find and recruit new ring-wielders. Arkillo also serves as the Sinestro Corps' drill sergeant, similar to Kilowog's role in the GLC.
Known members, other than the Corps' namesake and Arkillo, include Karu-Sil, raised by animals; Despotellis, a sentient virus capable of attacking Lanterns from the inside; Bedovian, the sniper of the Corps, capable of taking out a target from three sectors away while living off of the fungus growing on his "hermit crab" like shell. Previews indicate that Hank Henshaw, the Cyborg Superman, will join the Sinestro Corps. Ethan van Sciver has also stated that there will be a 'Frankenstein'-inspired member who is two aliens cut in half and sewn together, each one bearing a power ring, so that they are two bodies acting as one.
Recently, the Sinestro Corps attempted to recruit Batman, known even to some alien races for his great formidability and ability of instilling great fear in others. However, Batman's willpower combined with his previous brief exposure to a power ring allowed him to reject the yellow ring before it took him to be properly trained and molded into one of Sinestro's warriors. The yellow ring then sought a replacement and selected Amon Sur, the disgruntled son of Abin Sur, who was on Earth and attempting to steal Hal Jordan's ring.

Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
PSN: OrneryRooster
Bad Karma on

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Fuck yes mothfucking yes yes yes this is going to be so awesome.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Mogo's gonna rock some bitches. I'm sold.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ive been waiting for this all summer. I wonder if the Star Sapphires fit into the Sinestro Corps specials or if theyre a later storyline.

Cyborg Superman with a yellow ring? Isnt that going to make him a god? As far as I know, isnt he in Supes weight class, which is stronger then any GL without a ring? Dont see how theyre gonna stop him, maybe a bunch of GLs take him down together.

KVW on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I hope Salakk fucks some yellow shit up in GLC. He's such a damn asshole all the time, but he's the kind of character that needs to have a few "Oh Shit" moments infront of the rookies.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's going to be hundreds of people with incredible powers fighting hundreds of their evil counterparts in a battle to determine the fate of the universe.

This is the sort of shit that makes a comics event awesome.

Furu on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    How awesome?

So awesome.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Also the Hal with the yellow rings cover is a great throwback/homage.

Furu on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    7822_400x600.jpg

Kilowog vs. Nega-Kilowog! Fuckin' Awesome!

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Nega Kilowog eats the Sinestro Corps trainees that don't make it.

Coolest SC member has to be the hermit crab alien who snipes people from star systems away.

Furu on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Talking to Van Sciver at a con this weekend,
    he said that fans may be very unhappy about what happens to Kyle/Ion.

He also indicated that Sinestro Corp would involve Superboy Prime and give some indication about the number of ring corps in existance. Star Sapphire corp?

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I've got money on
    Kyle accidentally letting Superboy Prime get free, who then proceeds to become the new Parallax.

Furu on
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

He also indicated that Sinestro Corp would involve Superboy Prime and give some indication about the number of ring corps in existance. Star Sapphire corp?
    Superboy Prime with a yellow power ring would be completely unstoppable!

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Furu wrote: »
    I've got money on
    Kyle accidentally letting Superboy Prime get free, who then proceeds to become the new Parallax.

How do you screw up that badly?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Superboy Prime with a yellow power ring would be completely unstoppable!

To be fair he has been in the middle of a red sun for over a year.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but this will be cool because Green Lanterns are pretty awesome.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'm getting the feeling that this is sorta going to be the DC version of Annihilation, in that is space centric, and will be far better then the Earth Centered event, but will receive far less press.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I love how much leeway the GLC gives with uniforms.

It's pretty much "Hey as long as it's green/white/black and has a lantern on it somewhere it's all good".

Furu on
  • Options
    Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I love when large-scale events happen within books I already buy on a regular basis.

I'm really looking forward to the issues of GLC during the event. Just in case you haven't been reading it, it's been consistently fucking awesome since Recharge...except that 2-issue arc when Guy got his shore leave...gyeh.

Anyhow, it's a really great time to be a GL fan.

Also, remake of the Master of Accessories cover...ha.

don't forget that there aren't just two opposing forces anymore. There's the Lanterns, the Sin Corps, the Reach (possibly), the Sapphires and three other unnamed forces in the universe which have yet to show up.

If all of this unfolds, this is gonna be so fucking rad.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    I'm getting the feeling that this is sorta going to be the DC version of Annihilation, in that is space centric, and will be far better then the Earth Centered event, but will receive far less press.

Man, if it's anywhere close to as great as Annihilation, I'll be ecstatic. Sinestro Corps War and Annihilation:Conquest at the same time? Yes, please.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »

Man, if it's anywhere close to as great as Annihilation, I'll be ecstatic. Sinestro Corps War and Annihilation:Conquest at the same time? Yes, please.

I believe the correct term is HAUGHAUGHAUGH

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    So what all will this be in? Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps and some scattered one shots?

Furu on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I've got myself a theory on this...
    Kyle/Ion business.

Let's look at the cover everyone thinks is kyle going evil...
    talesofsinestro.jpg
    Let's compare it to an earlier photo...
    superboy-prime.jpg

I think it's a fairly obvious callback to superboy prime. Now, why would Kyle let down fans if he wasn't going to die(which we at least theoretically know from countdown solicits) and wasn't parallax? In my opinion, it has to do with the idea of him as the one who carrie's the flag, so to speak. My guess is he's going to go toe to toe with SPB and get his ass handed to him, and possibly even cause some lesser GLs to die either rescuing him, or failing to rescue THEM, thus letting down fans who see him as the ultimate lantern, the flag bearer, etc, while not making him parallax, and still allowing him to be a challenger.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh man... what are they gonna do to Kyle?

And the most recent Green Lantern, where they implied there might be a Star Sapphire corps as well? That got me so hot...

I'm just imagining the potential of an overall anti-corps, not of just yellow and pink, but other colors as well. Oh man.

Then again, who's to say all the other colors would end up being evil?

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    don't forget that there aren't just two opposing forces anymore. There's the Lanterns, the Sin Corps, the Reach (possibly), the Sapphires and three other unnamed forces in the universe which have yet to show up.

If all of this unfolds, this is gonna be so fucking rad.

I count 7 forces......and there are 7 colors of a rainbow. Could it be this unfold into having 7 sets of rings each with a colored avatar and an emotion/state of mind/whatever attached? I would assume at least one of the unnamed factions would have to be "good guys", and maybe the Sapphires rethinking their strategy will lead to them repairing the rift that's formed between them and the Guardians.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    If Kyle becomes Parallax I will eat my cock.

Furu on
  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Maybe, just maybe, Guy will get his yellow ring back only to fuck up the yellows real bad... hey i can wish cant i?

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I love how the mission of the Sinestro Corps is more or less, "Go forth, and use this power to be a tremendous dick! We don't really care how, so just surprise us!"

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Kuma wrote: »
    Maybe, just maybe, Guy will get his yellow ring back only to fuck up the yellows real bad... hey i can wish cant i?

Even better, he beats up a Sin Corps guy and takes his ring, puts it on his other hand, then proceeds to fuck up the Frankenstein guy that has 2 rings.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Even better, he beats up a Sin Corps guy and takes his ring, puts it on his other hand, then proceeds to fuck up the Frankenstein guy that has 2 rings.
    this has potential

then he sleeps with one of the Star Sapphire ladies and steals her ring in the process

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007

this has potential

then he sleeps with one of the Star Sapphire ladies and steals her ring in the process

Where would he wear a pink ring that channels love energy....oooooh....

Sexy.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Also, don't forget that we may have already seen the black/purple version. The whole Corpse story arc.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    And there happens to be precedent for the blue version, what with the Reach and Jamie and all.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    And there happens to be precedent for the blue version, what with the Reach and Jamie and all.

But does the Blue Beetle armor use hardlight weaponry, or the Reach? I've heard of them, just don't recall if we saw one of them using their tech in that way.

As for the Corpse, basically those black tablets with purple auras are rings with the visible spectrum altered. The Guardians did that so operatives couldn't be traced back to them easily. Look at what Nero did, since most aliens didn't know who Kyle was but saw the green aura and the ring and knew who to bitch at, and then HQ matched the description to Kyle. In this case they glow purple and there's no ring to make people say "Oh, the Guardians are fucking with us."

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    All this talk about different ring colors makes me envision Captain Planet.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Man

I love the idea of the Sinestro Corps

and hey, I guess Star Sapphire Corps makes sense too kind off

but don't turn this into fucking Power Rangers

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I see no connection to power rangers...save for colors and the fact that there are aliens and humans.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I remember seeing Blue Beetle make a scarab-shaped shield out of blue energy. And the GL rings seemed to react very badly when he was around. So that' a good fit to me.

I think Guy, as the Warrior of the Corps, would be a really good fit to have a yellow ring. He's already used one once, and he can certainly inspire fear in his enemies.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    I see no connection to power rangers...save for colors and the fact that there are aliens and humans.
    yeah I meant colors

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    I've got a little extra cash this week, and I'm interested in the GLC/SC war, so what issues have Sinestro Corps Back-Ups in them? Or are necessary for the war. I read some GLC, up to the Corpse I think, and not very much Green Lantern solo book at all.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Well, um

GL has been hinting at it for pretty much the entire run

Sars_Boy on