As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Post-[Phalla]ism: Phalla After Death - Game Over - Mages/Angels Victorious

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    stever777 wrote:
    Alegis wrote:
    Langly, Stever, Lucedes, INANTP still unknown. And suspicions are of a different caliber than a '80-90% exoneration'

Umm, I'm considering myself pretty much confirmed villager, after my Savant votes.
    And I am a villager.

Well I'm not considering you "pretty much confirmed." As far as I can tell, you were the only one voting for Savant, often without explanation. Savant was never in any real danger of being voted out. Perfect hiding place for a mafia, especially when after the fact you can proclaim, rather loudly, that you are "pretty much confirmed." You may be a villager, but your voting for Savant does not prove or disprove it, or even make it any more likely.

Edit: And, just so everyone knows, Langly is dead and came up villager. So that's another person to cross off Rend's suspicious list.

Locus on
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    You ever hear of 2 mafia voting for each other, which Savant & I did?
    That'd be really dumb.

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I think we need to factor in the possibility that 50% of those left are baddies. And I think anyone who avoids discourse at this point is extremely suspicious.

I'm out right now. Can someone look into Cythraul and Tmoiy? Tmoiy was a replacement. Cythraul has a number of posts, but I think he has pretty low activity without being super-low active. And I personally consider Cythraul a dangerous player. Could be our axeman? I am just musing but the thread isn't that big and there aren't too many people left. If someone can look into some of these unconfirmeds, that would be awesome.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    You're right, I've never seen that before. Oh wait.
    Locus wrote:
    Baidol's votes:
    Day 7 - Virgil_Leads_You

Virgil's votes:
    Day 7 - Baidol

Special circumstances, yes. But Baidol clearly voted for Virgil in an attempt to throw suspicion off of him. Didn't work out, since Virgil is now dead. Why couldn't the same plan work for you? Again, not saying you're definitely mafia, but I don't think your vote exonerates you as much as you would like.

OK. Just saying I'm definitely a greeny. At least, I believe me. :P

Oh and on Tmoiy: I noticed yesterday that he had a post on one of the early days asking why a tie is a bad thing. Baidol was the very next post, saying that it was a bad thing.

There are a few exchanges of that nature between some of the people we now know to be mafia.

Not damning in and of itself, but I found that post interesting.

jdarksun wrote:
    @Stever777 It's actually incredibly common.

I still think it's dumb. I wouldn't do it as a mafioso. What if one of the votes catches on, I mean before a BW is going, which is what me & Savant did?
    (Obviously, mafia vote for already-dead mafia.)

stever777 wrote:
    You ever hear of 2 mafia voting for each other, which Savant & I did?
    That'd be really dumb.

Yes, often. There are a lot of good reasons for this and Locus enumerated them all.

Doesn't really prove anything in either direction really. At the moment though I think we have other avenues to investigate.

True.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Some good vote analysis happening.

Do we have any quotable vote counts (with names and who voted for whom) from days prior to 7?

stever777 wrote:
    jdarksun wrote:
    @Stever777 It's actually incredibly common.

I still think it's dumb. I wouldn't do it as a mafioso. What if one of the votes catches on, I mean before a BW is going, which is what me & Savant did?
    (Obviously, mafia vote for already-dead mafia.)

Depends on the context.

Let's say there are ten mafia and the mafia's ability to kill is unaffected by the number of mafioso left alive. Keeping in mind that the mafia only needs one person alive at the end, sacrificing one of you to exonerate another of you is well worth the price.

I don't think you are necessarily evil but "I've been voting for a guy that turned out to be mafia" doesn't instantly exonerate you, either.

In fact if you are known for grudging someone most people will just ignore your votes. Great place for a mafia to hide, especially if your target is also mafia. Small chance of a bandwagon catching on from your action and if the person happens to die anyway then you can say "see! I've been voting for him/her. I'm innocent!"

The reality is, boldness is often a much more successful playstyle for mafia than playing conservatively. Also, you really only need one person to make it through the end. Constructing a bold strategy to try and "exonerate" one or two mafia is a very viable strategy and the village should always keep that in mind for the endgame.

Very few things can fully exonerate someone.

And it also goes without saying that there is also an SK in the game. So even if we took your votes for Savant as proof that you aren't mafia, it doesn't prove that you are village anyway.

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    I'm going out for my bday in a few moments. Placeholder on Cythraul. Would have voted wildwood but like yesterday I'm trying to avoid the controversial votes, considering there's plenty of other mafias to be found.
    I'll try to check with my phone later today to change the vote if need be considering we're only few real villagers left and every vote counts; but I can't promise!

edited August 2011
    Happy B-Day, Alegis! :)
    Have one for me! (or 3)

stever777 on

• TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    Indeed, happy birthday!

Unfortunately, I definitely lack the time to do detailed voting analysis today. Just based off of general behavior, I think Drez, stever, and wildwood are probably all good. However, I have expressed my suspicion of Cythraul in the past. I'll check in later to see if anyone has dug something more substantial up.

Drez wrote:
    Let's say there are ten mafia and the mafia's ability to kill is unaffected by the number of mafioso left alive. Keeping in mind that the mafia only needs one person alive at the end, sacrificing one of you to exonerate another of you is well worth the price.

This is true but I always consider a win kinda hollow if I'm dead. Just my mind-set.
    I know it's very rare to survive til the end but it's always my goal.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Harpy bird day Alegis

:rotate:

Happy birthday Alegis.

By the way, having a birthday? Extremely suspicious.

• RendRend Registered User regular
    Alegis wrote:
    I'm going out for my bday in a few moments. Placeholder on Cythraul. Would have voted wildwood but like yesterday I'm trying to avoid the controversial votes, considering there's plenty of other mafias to be found.
    I'll try to check with my phone later today to change the vote if need be considering we're only few real villagers left and every vote counts; but I can't promise!

oooOOOOOOooooooo
    Happy birthday... FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE
    oooOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    EPIC REVEAL

My spirit power is a one-shot HAPPY BIRTHDAY message.

OOoOooOoo

OrokosPA.png
    Less gratz, more facts.

Drez wrote:
    By the way, having a birthday? Extremely suspicious.

Drez for being born
    HOW COULD I RESIST...I don't really vote Drez

• FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    I think that, although Stever might be a clever mafia, it seems unlikely that Savant knew he was going to die. Although having a public spat might have been a good trick, it only really works if Savant or Stever knew they were going to die. It is possible, but a bad place for a vote.

Wildwood's defensiveness struck me badly, especially the line about sticking with a bandwagon all day being a measure of confirmation. Savant voted Baidol pretty quick too, even before the Axeman stuff. On tmoiy, I don't know his playstyle, but Drez makes a couple good points about him, especially the being a replacement thing. Cythraul is a decent choice for some of the same reasons, and although he wasn't a replacement, I do want revenge on him for kime's game.

Regardless, I think we need to choose one target and hit them with most, if not all of our votes. If the mafia really do have as many people as we're suggesting, we don't want two competing bandwagons they can choose from.
    PS: Happy birthday, Alegis!

So I get a vote up, Cythraul seems the most likely right now. I feel the analysis was less fruitful than I would have preferred.

The fact that it is 5PM and a good number of people haven't voted or posted is very troublesome.

• wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    I keep hoping for some death votes to show up...

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    haha don't go grudging me this late in a phalla Feck! I also like that Drez thinks I'm a dangerous player since I'm actually reasonably new, must mean I'm doing something right ;)

Frankly I'm just gonna go with my gut on this one with wildwood. Haven't felt right about him since the public blowout.

And happy bday Alegis, even if I'm your placeholder vote :P

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Uuuggh I wish I knew specifically how many mafia there are left. This feels...too close. I feel like the sloth of votes coming in is because either wildwood or Cythraul (or both I guess) is mafia and they're kind of trying to see whether they can swing the vote away from them or if they just need to sell them out.

But right now my gut says that wildwood is more likely to be mafia.

liEt3nH.png
    wildwood

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    oOooOoOooOooO
    I never made a ghost post. so

Happy Birthday Alegis
    OoOoOOoOOoOOo

• KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    placeholder wildwood in case anything changes

doomrider_sigPA.png
    Ugh, sorry I didn't provide the analysis I had promised. My girlfriend is having friends over and I've been recruited to help out. The sentence "Vaginas are like self-cleaning ovens" was actually uttered. Should be a fun time!

Jumping on the Wildwood bandwagon, for reasons I stated a couple of days ago. Nothing since then has convinced me the analysis was faulty. For reference, it was based on SLyM's voting history:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/20199452#Comment_20199452

• FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    I guess we've decided to go with Wildwood.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    let's hop on wildwood

second activity post?

suspicious.

definitely going out for the night

• corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    oOooOoOooOooO

wait.... i'm still alive somehow.
    cythraul
    i'm not dead
    yet

corvidae on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Urgh, made a notable host error in forgetting a death for yesterday. This game.

Drez - Chieftain - vengeance of the dead.

• TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    UH

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    o-oh

liEt3nH.png