As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Scroll [Buttoneers] so good, like the butter on a muffin (Discount GET!)

• torpsgirltorpsgirl Registered User new member
    edited August 2011
    Ok so this will be my first year with buttons and my second at PAX I can't wait!
    [img][/img]Pax5.jpg

torpsgirl on
  • G4MERG4MER Registered User regular
    I have mine from 2009 hanging on a button bandanna that's hanging near my computer on a hook. I did not have any buttons that year it was my first, but BYOC people were kind enough to give me buttons. Thanks, you know who you are. ;)

This year, I think I will build myself a nice shadow box, line it with denim and place them all in there as a little trophy of PAX 2011.

I think this is a record. WOOHOO! anyways, please make sure to post your button to the Buttoneers site, so I can track them on my phone as I get them. ;)
    Serenity wrote:
    Also, what do people do with their past year's buttons?

They're just kinda sitting in a drawer right now but I kinda want to do something with them.

g4mer_paxsig.png
  • EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    Button order placed.

I waited so long cause I was hoping to buy from someone local, but even still, a rush job with Purebuttons isn't gonna break the bank.

And cause I love showing them off, here is my button collection from last year. Minus the Fry 'I see what you did there.', cause that's on my carrying around bag.
    IMG_20110805_223211.jpg

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Enigmas wrote:
    Button order placed.

I waited so long cause I was hoping to buy from someone local, but even still, a rush job with Purebuttons isn't gonna break the bank.

And cause I love showing them off, here is my button collection from last year. Minus the Fry 'I see what you did there.', cause that's on my carrying around bag.
    IMG_20110805_223211.jpg

MINE ISNT ON THERE

I AM DISAPOINT

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    I got a bulletin board and put all the buttons on it, along with some sticker letters for a title. I posted a picture last year. :)

There's enough space under that one to hang another bulletin board for this year's haul. Not sure what to do for 2012 and beyond, lol. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • oO Wallace OooO Wallace Oo Registered User regular
    alegria wrote:
    I got a bulletin board and put all the buttons on it, along with some sticker letters for a title. I posted a picture last year. :)

There's enough space under that one to hang another bulletin board for this year's haul. Not sure what to do for 2012 and beyond, lol. :)

I guess you'll have to turn the spare room into sime sort of button shrine :)

• EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    BigRed wrote:
    Enigmas wrote:
    Button order placed.

IMG_20110805_223211.jpg

MINE ISNT ON THERE

I AM DISAPOINT

Nope. I forgot to ask for it every time I was at BYOC for the Cookie Brigade, and when I finally saw you wandering around, you had run out.
    Me was sad.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • BinkleyBinkley Registered User regular
    I don't think I ever posted my button designs up so here they are (yes they are basic :lol: ):

http://buttoneering.org/buttons/69
    http://buttoneering.org/buttons/70
    http://buttoneering.org/buttons/71
    http://buttoneering.org/buttons/72
    (all on one page): http://buttoneering.org/users/31/buttons

The B and KB Life ones are the normal buttons for exchanges and the like.

The bonus buttons are 'I' and 'N'. You get 'I' for showing me 'B' (at a different time if you just got 'B') and 'N' for 'I'. You can get 'I' and 'N' at the same time. Also they are awarded for random interactions like saying hi at Console Tourney (assuming I am free) or drinking with me on TWDT (I'm Hufflepuff DE Head Boy) and / or random things I broadcast on my twitter.

https://twitter.com/#!/Binkley

Also when I run out of buttons for the day (or con) that's it, though I'm sure there's plenty of buttons to go around since I spend most of my time cooped up at Console Tourney. :)

A video blog about random jank:
    The KB Life
  • SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Ok well i have uploaded it to the button site but i thought id add it here as well.

Wakko gets ready for a swim on the back nine
    Singollo.png

Singollo on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Singollo wrote:
    Singollo.png

Must. Own.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Cliffs of SanityCliffs of Sanity Registered User regular
    Singollo wrote:
    Singollo.png

Must. Own.

I agree. Must also own Captain Tadpole's button.

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Singollo wrote:
    Singollo.png

Must. Own.

I agree. Must also own Captain Tapole's button.

Corrected! :P

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    so sad. i didn't feel like making buttons this year. then I just had a nice idea for a button. but it's to late now :x
    1QU4b.jpg

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote:
    so sad. i didn't feel like making buttons this year. then I just had a nice idea for a button. but it's to late now :x
    Goddamnit, Pikapuff.

You'll be at PAX at least, rite? 8->

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    Hi! been lurking here as I wasn't sure I'd have buttons this time (I think I only traded with about 5 people). But I found my unadopted babies and will be bringing them again as was "requested" by my darling wife "These need to go away soon."
    PFB02.jpg

Bonus Button. Just tell me something I don't know to get (Your name is a good answer :) or trade.

PFB01.jpg

Can't wait to see you all in a few days!

Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • syraesyrae Registered User new member
    I'm a second-time PAX attendee, and a first time buttoneer. I was so touched by those of you who offered me a button last year despite me not having much (or anything!) to trade. You made my time so much more fun and even got Paul and Storm to covet one that I had. I'll be bringing my very own design this year and join in the fun for realz!
    dNG7Jm.png
    The one thing that I am not so sure about... where do I put all the buttons that I'll be collecting from you guys? I'll be tempted to have them all on display, but there's no way a lanyard can hold them all.

• beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    syrae wrote:
    I'll be tempted to have them all on display, but there's no way a lanyard can hold them all.

Fill the lanyard and assuming you're carrying a messenger bag or something of that nature, do that.

A few people use scarfs, some people use their shirts. Be creative. Purchase a small child from the black market and use it as your button-display. Live wild.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
    I don't display buttons (Other than my enforcer Pins) but I'm kind of easy to find/see at PAX...

edited August 2011
    B:L wrote:
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Goddamnit, Pikapuff.

You'll be at PAX at least, rite? 8->
    yeah i'm going. i just didn't want to deal with buttons. but dammit. scootaloo + pikachu. hnnng

(i feel that there's way too many people at pax now to find/trade buttons)

(i totally loved pax east's cards and hope future primes will do a card thing :P)

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Wouldn't there being more people to trade with make trading easier?

E6LkoFK.png

• MarySueMarySue Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote:
    (i feel that there's way too many people at pax now to find/trade buttons)

I dunno, I didn't have buttons to trade last year and still wound up with around 20 buttons from buttoneers for various reasons.

Which is part of why I've got my own buttons for the trading of this year.

Portland, Oregon, and sloe gin fizz. If that ain't love, then tell me what is.
    +++BRONYS BEFORE BROS!+++
    Moe, I fear I dont have enough to trade now. I got 150 of the main and only 50 of the bonus.. and so many people will have buttons this year.

g4mer_paxsig.png
    PikaPuff wrote:
    (i totally loved pax east's cards and hope future primes will do a card thing :P)

Cards are the East thing, buttons are prime.

Plus buttons are better :P

^What the big mountain of a man said.

g4mer_paxsig.png
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    BigRed wrote:
    Cards are the East thing, buttons are prime.

Plus buttons are better :P

Correct.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    I, too, prefer buttons. Also, buttoneering is easy!

There is the "problem" of buttons having become quite popular swag items, so sometimes you'll see someone loaded down with buttons who isn't a buttoneer. A good way to identify yourself as a buttoneer is to start out with 10-20 of your own identical buttons pinned to your bag/lanyard/hat/sash. Replace these with buttoneer buttons as you trade.

Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
    A good way to identify yourself as a buttoneer is to start out with 10-20 of your own identical buttons pinned to your bag/lanyard/hat/sash.

Um.... lol?

• MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Buttons are in! First one is bonus just for those on the Magical Mystery Tour, second is for trading.
    296623_1829054659946_1647734370_1442742_8263845_n.jpg
    294168_1829054339938_1647734370_1442741_4438199_n.jpg

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    the ratio of non-buttoners to buttoners does not scale equally with the higher population

jCyyTSo.png
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Buttons are in! First one is bonus just for those on the Magical Mystery Tour, second is for trading.
    296623_1829054659946_1647734370_1442742_8263845_n.jpg
    294168_1829054339938_1647734370_1442741_4438199_n.jpg

Put 'em on the site!

The same goes for the rest of you stragglers. Time is running out!

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    BigRed wrote:
    A good way to identify yourself as a buttoneer is to start out with 10-20 of your own identical buttons pinned to your bag/lanyard/hat/sash.

Um.... lol?

Or in your case, fashioned into a small car? Suit of armor? Medium-sized condominium?

Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • MarySueMarySue Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    the ratio of non-buttoners to buttoners does not scale equally with the higher population

Cite your sources.

Portland, Oregon, and sloe gin fizz. If that ain't love, then tell me what is.
    +++BRONYS BEFORE BROS!+++
    edited August 2011
    DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!

I'M THE MAN THATS GOING TO BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN
    Yes... 6" buttons again
    6in-round.jpg

WITH THE LEMONS!
    3" Diamond
    3in-diamond.jpg

Heres how many I have...
    box.jpg

BigRed on
  • [H]olyGeekboy[H]olyGeekboy PAX dad and PC builder ClevelandRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So, so sad I will not be at Teh PAX to get one of those!

p3HkbcM.png
  • oO Wallace OooO Wallace Oo Registered User regular
    @BigRed

Oh Sweet Buttony Jesus

Holy Kamoley! I am not missing that one! Sad I miss the BIG one last year.

• Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    Big Red wins at buttons again!

That's like what 25 of each Big Red? Holy Frisbee Batman.. Them some big Buttons.

g4mer_paxsig.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    G4MER wrote:
    That's like what 25 of each Big Red? Holy Frisbee Batman.. Them some big Buttons.
    I think it's 100-200 per, but I don't remember what he said

I was being silly zerzhul. But they are big buttons.

g4mer_paxsig.png