As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Post-[Phalla]ism: Phalla After Death - Game Over - Mages/Angels Victorious

• TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    Well, I was the other angel. I have a feeling we failed seeing as how we never accomplished anything.

Dammit Baidol why did you refuse to talk to us :(

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I was a fan. I didn't want you to die, but I liked it.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    I don't appreciate getting cut in half WH. Not even a little bit.

• Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    I didn't kill you Teuc?

Not today.
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    Unless there's something WH didn't tell me, we didn't have any control over the ax man.

PSN: the-K-flash
    edited August 2011
    Nope, though we would have today mwuahahahaha

(I think)

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
    That would have been wildwood. Unless he was lying to us.

Wildwood cut me in half? I know I should have paid more attention after I died since I also had the vote after death power. Originally I was trying to save it for a situation where the vote looked close and I could potentially push it from a villager to a mafia member. But honestly I wasn't able to pay close enough attention to the thread to be sure I was doing that, and I died so fast that I had no inside information.

But apparently my dead person vote would have counted double. Presumably because I was in two halfs.

• wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    EPIC REVEAL
    I am not the "axe man".
    I am the "huge axe man". (survival neutral)
    no image for you, but it was pretty great. :P

wildwood on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Christ.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Are survival neutrals with a kill common? I'd never heard of one before.

• MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    I would like to mention that considering my performance as network head in the last phalla, voting me out day 1 was incredibly silly. Still not sure what made you guys do that.

Why did you not talk to baidol? You could have helped us end the game earlier!

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    The Demon didn't want no attention. The Demon just wanted to go on killin'.

edited August 2011
    I was a survival neutral with a kill in Alpha Centauri. That was a faction game so I was able to pledge my services to the faction that best served my needs. But I don't remember ever seeing one in a straight village vs. mafia game But the concept would be the same: Do whatever you can to help out the winning side.

By that standard the axe dude made some pretty significant mistakes recently.

Teucrian on
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    wildwood wrote:
    EPIC REVEAL
    I am not the "axe man".
    I am the "huge axe man". (survival neutral)
    no image for you, but it was pretty great. :P

If you were really a survival neutral you should have teamed up with us. Could have ended the game earlier.

And you could have just killed people who aren't us. And then the game would have ended earlier. And you might have still been alive.

Or we might have thrown you under the bus.

Mr. Defecation said he was in contact with the real axeman and tried to talk to Baidol. He refused to admit he was mafia.

Did you guys think it was a trap? It wasn't.

I think at that point it was just a risk we didn't have to take.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    <- mafia roleblocker

And it's kind of good the game ended, I forgot to use my damn power AGAIN tonight >.<

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    Tmoiy wrote:
    Mr. Defecation said he was in contact with the real axeman and tried to talk to Baidol. He refused to admit he was mafia.

Did you guys think it was a trap? It wasn't.

Well, to be fair you were working with one of us though you didn't know it. I kept trying to get our contact with you to find out who Mr. D's mason buddy was to avoid hitting them, but you didn't reveal that info until after Mr. D died.

jdarksun, I'm guessing? We never coordinated anything with him though.

Curious were you allowed to roleblock the dead, Cyth?

Not today.
    Nope. I couldn't self-guard, either.

Hah, at least I pegged Cythraul.

edited August 2011
    What can I say? I suck at networking.

Plus, I was convinced that, the moment I was outed, WH would be all over me.

Edit: just to be clear, my role wasn't just "axe guy". It was The Demon.

wildwood on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Tmoiy wrote:
    Hah, at least I pegged virgil.

steam_sig.png
    I was actively looking for you wildwood. So your fears were justified.

You should have joined me. We had cookies down here.

Not today.
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    oooOOOooo

HUEEAHAHAHAAAAHAHHHHHHHHH

oooOOOooo

Oh, so you were a demon! The whole bit about you being possessed by an external force really confused me.

REG why are you ghost posting?

Not today.
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    WAIT FOR THE POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Did you kill me for a particular reason Wildwood?

I ask only because I was very intentionally trying to not die. Which is practically the opposite of what I normally do.

WH, did it make any difference how I died, like whether to the vote or to being reaped? Or would you have had me regardless?

edited August 2011
    No difference. We were going to kill you today, but you had a bandwagon on you so we chose REG instead.

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
    Hey, maybe I did make a difference!

• kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    I was actively looking for you wildwood. So your fears were justified.

You should have joined me. We had cookies down here.

We were having parties and everything. All you living people missed out.

PSN: the-K-flash
    Teucrian - it was still early on, so I didn't have a lot to go on. I think my main reason was that, in my recollection, you tend to be someone who drives bandwagons my way. (Same reason I took out roman.)

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Day 8

4 days ago…

The Headmaster looked at the update letter he had just received from jdarksun with confusion. This letter seemed incomplete, far too brief, and more somber than should be expected. It also didn’t mention the presence or absence of the axe-wielding creature he had been mentioned several times before. Suddenly he noticed a familiar symbol, taking him back to their school days…retrieving a wand, he magically unlocked the hidden part of the letter.

“As for what hasn’t gone to plan, we’ve suffered the loss of romanqwerty today at the hands of the axe-wielding assailant. Though I think it may have been for the best, as his only talents were for necromantic illusions; the fool couldn’t even muster a common invisibility spell! I will keep you afoot of his… post-mortem infiltrations in the future, hidden in the same manner lest the missive be intercepted by the savages.”

The present…

Wandering Hero floated near the ghost of romanqwerty, his strange informant. He was starting to doubt whether this man really just had a vested interest in killing angels, but he had promised the soul he was seeking for. Reaping Reg Rysk he bellowed in anger to learn he had been deceived; this man was a mere villager!

The mages acted quickly, summoning a rain of stones to pummel the remaining tents of the phalla tribe, crushing I Needed a Name to Post and Corvidae in the process. The ghosts of Savant and Baidol lashed out, claiming the lives of Alegis and Kingmole. The entirety of his tribe except for himself slain, Stever777 considered fleeing. But where would he go? Noting a building about to collapse, he dived under it seconds before if fell, crushing the last phalla tribesman to death. In the end it was preferable to be with those he knew and loved in death than walk alone.

The tribe finally taken care of, they turned to wildwood, the hulking monster that had been chained by the villagers. What luck! A convenient research subject delivered to them! Not many were fortunate enough to be able to experiment on a real demon. That’s when they heard the chains breaking, and Locus was mashed into a pulp by the manacles still on Wildwood’s arms. His freedom didn’t last long as a flurry of spells brought him to his final rest.

Taunting laughter filled the sky.

Wandering Hero arrived once more, sucking up Wildwood into the same black vortex that claimed Kuhlmeye. His power maximized by the instable minds these two possessed, he prepared to usher in the apocalypse.

However, the angel Tmoiy confronted the trio of ghosts with the surviving members of the mage’s guild. Tmoiy, Cythrual, FecklessRogue, Jdarksun, and Lucedes joined hands together and began…to sing?!

The ghosts of the apocalypse raged at this insult, and began to draw on the anger of the fallen to punish the fools once and for all. But slowly and steadily the ghosts of the battlefield joined in the song, first Mr. Defecation, then the mages. Finally, begrudgingly, the phalla tribe joined in, realizing that the injustice they had suffered was still no reason to take everything out against the world. What would their ancestors have thought if they sided with the madmen that wanted to destroy it all? A beam of light emerged from the heavens, and the three ghosts faded away…

The threat extinguished, the mages separated, deeply embarrassed. They couldn’t believe they had to resort to song magic. What were they, a bunch of chanting savages like the phalla tribe? Or even worse…bards?!? Perhaps they could keep this event as merely a footnote in the history books…

Years later…

New students arrived at the former phalla tribe lands, now a study abroad campus for the wangshire mage guild. Here they would be instructed by top mages, naturally including the ghosts of Baidol, Locus, Romanqwerty, SLyM, Virgil_Leads_You, and Savant on many of the magical discoveries learned here, including vast advances in communing with the dead. Still, rumors abound of the place being haunted, with seemingly random bouts of bizarre behavior such as bouts of poetry, speaking backwards or in gibberish, voices rising octaves in volume, and unusual informality. The lost tribe was believed to still maintain some presence here, and it was rumored that when the moon was full you could find strangely kilted ghosts on the plains west of the school, dancing around a wispy blue fire that no one started…

Day 8 Eliminated
    Wildwood – The Demon – Vote
    Locus – Mage – demon’s final defiance
    I Needed a Name to Post – Tribal Villager – rocks fall
    Corvidae – Spirit Walker – everyone dies
    Kingmole – Tribal Villager – vengeance of the dead
    Alegis – Tribal Villager – vengeance of the dead
    Reg Rysk - Tribal Villager - reaped

The Mage’s Guild of Wangshire has equaled or outnumbered the remaning players, and obtained victory!
    The angels have prevented the apocalypse by ensuring a side obtained victory before the cultist’s
    victory condition could be met!

Surviving Players:
    Stever777 – Tribal Villager
    Cythrual – The Nullifier
    FecklessRogue – Mage
    Jdarksun – The Diviner
    Lucedes – Mage
    Tmoiy – Angel

The Victorious Deceased:
    Baidol – Mage
    Locus – Mage
    Romanqwerty - The Illusionist
    SlyM – The Abjurer
    Savant – Mage
    Virgil_Leads_You - Mage
    Mr. Defecation – Angel

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular