As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Scroll [Buttoneers] so good, like the butter on a muffin (Discount GET!)

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I got 200+ of each :P

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    syrae wrote:
    I'm a second-time PAX attendee, and a first time buttoneer. I was so touched by those of you who offered me a button last year despite me not having much (or anything!) to trade. You made my time so much more fun and even got Paul and Storm to covet one that I had. I'll be bringing my very own design this year and join in the fun for realz!
    dNG7Jm.png
    The one thing that I am not so sure about... where do I put all the buttons that I'll be collecting from you guys? I'll be tempted to have them all on display, but there's no way a lanyard can hold them all.

I REQUIRE DRAGON BUTTON. REQUIRE. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    eMDeeeMDee Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I remember seeing one of Big Red's troll buttons last year. Someone who I was staying with at the Sheraton had one, along with a bunch of other buttons. I vowed from that moment to become a buttoneer the following year. So here I am now, with a paltry 100ish prinny buttons and I'm finding out I won't have enough to go around.

I will have a Combustible Lemon button before PAX is over.

The unorthodox and the unlikely - it's what I do, it's what I'm good at.
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    MarySue wrote:
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    Wouldn't there being more people to trade with make trading easier?
    the ratio of non-buttoners to buttoners does not scale equally with the higher population

Cite your sources.
    Checked my sources. I'm wrong. It my own personal experience that it was much harder for me to trade buttons in 09 than it was in 08. This looks to be due to my own personal actions.

Anyways. I love the buttons and decided not to do it this year.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    eMDee wrote:
    ...So here I am now, with a paltry 100ish prinny buttons and I'm finding out I won't have enough to go around.

Don't worry. Think of your buttons as a collector's item. Now, it may be possible for you to be out of your own buttons before you get to that really cool one you super wanted; but apologize to the person and ask/hope they will give you one even without the straight exchange.

As cool as our own buttons are, we don't want to bring them home.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    GyladiaGyladia Registered User regular
    BigRed wrote:

I still need to track you down, ASAP. Just in case.

The sight of your magnificent buttons almost made me spit vitamin water all over my desk.

• Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    Soooo... I think I posted this once before.. I didnt get buttons for this year but I do have last years.. The only problem is I dated them FOR last year. I will bring them along however, just in case.

I didn't trade last year so I'd glady trade ya for one more buttons is a good thing

• Options
    Cliffs of SanityCliffs of Sanity Registered User regular

I agree. Must also own Captain Tapole's button.

Corrected! :P

Oops. Sorry. It was early, I'm going to claim I wasn't awake yet. This does not change the fact that I still want Captain Tapole's button. :-)

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular

I agree. Must also own Captain Tapole's button.

Corrected! :P

Oops. Sorry. It was early, I'm going to claim I wasn't awake yet. This does not change the fact that I still want Captain Tapole's button. :-)

Squee!

• Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    @BigRed

Oh Sweet Buttony Jesus

<---is Button Jesus.

Get it right.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    beta_angel wrote:
    @BigRed

Oh Sweet Buttony Jesus

<---is Button Jesus.

Get it right.

See, I never got that, wouldn't you be more accurately a Button Moses?

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    @BigRed
    I made Lemon Portal Cakebombs for Cookie Brigade. Inside one is orange and one is blue. The white chocolate coated ones have a little cayenne pepper in the coating. I have to make sure to save you a bag. Those buttons command me.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    Added my buttons to the site.

Going with 2.25" Team Notch buttons as my bonus buttons, and I'm going to make 200 of them and more if I need them. I assume some non-buttoneers will be interested in them as well.

• Options
    DaksaDaksa MesaRegistered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote:
    so sad. i didn't feel like making buttons this year. then I just had a nice idea for a button. but it's to late now :x
    1QU4b.jpg

Last year someone took a really cool pic of bottlecaps formed into the word pax laminated it and glued a button pin on the back. They looked really good. You could do that with some button pins from a craft store and laminating sheets. =)

• Options
    DaksaDaksa MesaRegistered User regular
    BigRed wrote:
    DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!

I'M THE MAN THATS GOING TO BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN
    Yes... 6" buttons again
    6in-round.jpg

WITH THE LEMONS!
    3" Diamond
    3in-diamond.jpg

Heres how many I have...
    box.jpg

OMG I found the centerpiece to my PAX 2011 Shadowbox! I'm going to have to search for you Big Red I want that lemon button!

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    lol Red, you crack me up =)

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    jonxp wrote:
    beta_angel wrote:
    @BigRed

Oh Sweet Buttony Jesus

<---is Button Jesus.

Get it right.

See, I never got that, wouldn't you be more accurately a Button Moses?

Listen my son...I brought joy where the once was none. I didn't deliver shit on behalf of me, I delivered on behalf of the world, yo.

I'm Button Jesus, Bitch. :D

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    My bunch o' finished buttons. I have 100 of each.

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    Menolly07 wrote:
    My bunch o' finished buttons. I have 100 of each.

I so want your custom pony button.

Man, people keep upping the ante with their button counts! Last year people had bonus buttons, so I said "Ok, let's do two buttons this year, plus last year's leftovers, surely that will be enough!"

Turns out no. That's it... next year I'm getting a button-maker and making a few hundred completely unique buttons so I will have infinite variation. This is what you have driven me to!

Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • Options
    I so want your custom pony button.

I will do my best to see that you get one! My Little Fhtagn.

twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    tybottybot Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Buttons came this Friday thanks to the great peeps at Purebutton!
    Find the Zombie Robot get a Break Dancing Robot Button.
    Untitled.jpg

tybot on
  • Options
    williefayjwilliefayj Registered User regular
    Pika puff.. You should go to wackybutons.com They might be able to do you some buttons quickly. I ordered mine last mon and got them fri but I did regular shipping. You might be able to get your design in and have them fast shipped to ya. Just a suggestion!

• Options
    MallinMallin Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Here is my bonus button. My main button, and my girlfriends main and bonus buttons are still being finalized, thankfully I own my own buttons machines.

[IMG]http://media.buttoneering.org/production/pictures/237/thumb/MLP Katamari Button.png[/IMG]

Mallin on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    My buttons were made by a friend of mine, so they may be smaller but they do exist!
    EDIT: 70 of each. So they're limited! I will likely make more regular 1.5" size for next year though.

http://yfrog.com/gzwyyjqj

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
  • Options
    *sings* Laaaaa lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala Katamari po-oh-oh-oh-ni!

twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Daksa wrote:
    My friend came through with a button design! Sent it off tonight.
    G4MER wrote:
    Daksa wrote:
    I am so excited for this year. By the end of the con last year my shirt weighed a ton. I made a shadow box with all of my buttons from 2010.

PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

My Shadowbox
    shadowbox.JPG

OMG I totally did the same thing last year! http://twitpic.com/2m1xi0

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    A good way to identify yourself as a buttoneer is to start out with 10-20 of your own identical buttons pinned to your bag/lanyard/hat/sash.

I find holding up a bag of my buttons, shaking them, and shouting "I GOT YER BUTTONS!" works pretty well too.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I like accosting people that have any form of buttons.

Sometimes you make buttoneers out of clueless people! :D

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    I love shadowboxes personally. I didn't even think to do up my PAX stuff in one! I've got all my passes. I draw the line at shadowboxing my Wil Wheaton signed Kindle tho. Maybe when/if it dies. I am definitely groing to crib the idea for my buttons.

twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    The overhead shelves are holey...uhm, grid-like if you will. So, I put the ones I like on there. I would put them all, but limited space. The rest I have/will have on those toy-mesh containers in my room.

• Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    Sorry if I missed it, but, is there going to be a button drop/collection spot this year?

• Options
    etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    BigRed wrote:

I will find you. And I will trade you buttons.

I have your button from last year. It is one of my prized buttons in that collection.

Let there be games!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    This is what my 2 buttons and my girlfriends 2 buttons like like all together.
    Yes the Prince is "apple-bucking" the Katamari
    SAM_0142.JPG

And just in case anyone wonders whats its like to make hundreds of buttons by hand.
    SAM_0150.JPG

and my machines
    SAM_0153.JPG

and the bulk finished buttons
    SAM_0154.JPG

Mallin on
  • Options
    etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    Mallin wrote:
    SAM_0142.JPG

I've got so many buttons to track down now O_O. Pony Damaci is a must have for my collection!

Let there be games!
  • Options
    Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    Mallin wrote:
    SAM_0142.JPG

And just in case anyone wonders whats its like to make hundreds of buttons by hand.
    SAM_0150.JPG

and my machines
    SAM_0153.JPG

and the bulk finished buttons
    SAM_0154.JPG

These are AMAZING. My goal is to at the very least get all the pony-related buttons this year. Hopefully that goal is reasonable.

Also, may I ask what brand of button-maker you use? I've been looking for recommendations for one for a while.

Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • Options
    I said at the meet-up that I want the pony damaci, and that desire grew since they are now completed.

• Options
    psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    So here's what I did last year, got a Dice hat from a hat shop at Pike's Place market and put all my buttons on it.
    2010ButtonHat.jpg

And since I've really gotten into TF2 over the past year...well...
    2011ButtonHat.jpg

“Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    Also, may I ask what brand of button-maker you use? I've been looking for recommendations for one for a while.

All three of these are Tecre and I have had the 1" and 2 1/4" for about 8-9 years now and both have served well. But I did not buy any of them straight from them but rather thru Dr. Don's buttons or Politics Stinks ebay listings, because both of them will sell you the same Tecre machine but cheaper, OR start you off with hundreds of buttons parts for the same price as Tecre.

One last piece of advice, NEVER buy a rotary circle cutter, they are useless, the blades dull really fast and also alignment is a nightmare. Stick with circle punches those work a thousand times better.

• Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    I took pics of making my buttons too but I'm not finished with them yet. I've got what feels like a million 1" lockpins to put in.

I use the same machines but buy through buttonmakers.net as they're local to me here in Seattle and will rent the machines locally too.