As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX Dinner 2011 - *SOLD OUT!!!!*

• Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    My garlic bread is an enabler. It looks at me and murmurs sweetly, "Oh, but I'm so tasty. I mean... You don't HAVE to eat me. You'd like me though. And it's all right if you do. People think you will anyway."

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    Menolly07 wrote:
    My garlic bread is an enabler. It looks at me and murmurs sweetly, "Oh, but I'm so tasty. I mean... You don't HAVE to eat me. You'd like me though. And it's all right if you do. People think you will anyway."

Only because I like you, I'll protect you and consume that evil garlic bread to keep you safe.

Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Options
    savagehart wrote:
    Only because I like you, I'll protect you and consume that evil garlic bread to keep you safe.

My hero!!

twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    And now we will see what 28 pounds of garlic bread does to the human body? Perhaps it's best we spread this dangerous menace around so we don't lose anyone before the pub crawl.

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    As long as *Slytherin* doesn't lose anybody...I'm good with it. ;)

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    Cronus wrote:
    And now we will see what 28 pounds of garlic bread does to the human body? Perhaps it's best we spread this dangerous menace around so we don't lose anyone before the pub crawl.

As I had to withdraw from the pub crawl (damn my knee), I will do my best to protect you all, regardless of House. Well, I will endeavor to protect Hufflepuff more than others.

Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Options
    basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    Nobody can Slytherin with 28 lbs of garlic bread inside them!

• Options

wouldn't that make them waddleren?

• Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular

Hah, if we lose the TWDT this year, I'm totally using that excuse.

• Options
    Come to think, wouldn't garlic bread be helpful for the TWDT? Oil and bread both help with alcohol.

twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    Savagehart: we'll all be waddleren due to drunkeness anyway :p
    Redhalo: glad to be of service, O Imperious Leader, but surely that won't be allowed to happen!
    Menolly: look at you, being all smart and Ravenclawy!

• Options
    Redhalo: glad to be of service, O Imperious Leader, but surely that won't be allowed to happen!

Pray tell gentle reader, dost thou not know the difference between waddling and staggering? If this is the case I humbly suggest that you have never been truly drunk and must work harder at your craft.

• Options
    I'll try harder.

• Options
    I'll try harder.

Drunk or drunk not. There is not try!

twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    savagehart wrote:

Pray tell gentle reader, dost thou not know the difference between waddling and staggering? If this is the case I humbly suggest that you have never been truly drunk and must work harder at your craft.

So if you do both are you swaggering?

Sageheart on
    Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • Options
    Sageheart wrote:
    savagehart wrote:

So if you do both are you swaggering?

Why yes, yes you are. :P

• Options
    bitterfunbitterfun Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Better start cooking now.... only 9 days until the feastening.

• Options
    SaxicideSaxicide Registered User regular
    Menolly07 wrote:
    Come to think, wouldn't garlic bread be helpful for the TWDT? Oil and bread both help with alcohol.
    I was under the impression that bread actually sped up the absorption of alcohol?

• Options
    Saxicide wrote:
    Menolly07 wrote:
    I was under the impression that bread actually sped up the absorption of alcohol?
    Urban legend.
    The rate of absorption is based on the emptying time of the stomach and the alcohol content of the drink. Yea, drinking used to be my primary hobby.
    Then I discovered gaming. lol

• Options
    savagehart wrote:
    Yea, drinking used to be my primary hobby.

Then I discovered drunk gaming. Fratricide ftw.

• Options
    redhalo wrote:
    savagehart wrote:
    Yea, drinking used to be my primary hobby.

Then I discovered drunk gaming. Fratricide ftw.

<Tip Hat> Well Played.</tip hat>

• Options
    Buttons are here and they look badass.

6047671682_c1d44b6891.jpg

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    What's the best way to get to the dinner from the Sheraton? I'll have a rental car, but i HATE driving in strange cities. Plus I have the driving navigation skills of you basic clump of dirt (TY inventor of consumer GPS).

• Options
    bitterfunbitterfun Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    savagehart wrote:
    What's the best way to get to the dinner from the Sheraton? I'll have a rental car, but i HATE driving in strange cities. Plus I have the driving navigation skills of you basic clump of dirt (TY inventor of consumer GPS).

Getting there is super easy. Go uphill on Pike, take a left on 11th. It's on the right hand side.

• Options
    If you would like to walk, hubby and I will be walking there. He'll be walking back for the same board game meet-up you're heading for and would be happy to walk back as well. The only thing is that I believe it's a half mile? I wasn't sure if you'd be able to walk it with your owie and all.

twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    With just a short amount of time left, I'm looking for volunteers who are willing to spend the time doing some actual work with me/for me during the Pre-PAX Dinner.

If you're interested, you will be greatly appreciated. This is strictly volunteer work, I can't pay you and if you don't have a ticket to the PPD, you...well, you can't help. :)

Please PM me ASAP if you are willing to help out.

Thanks guys and I can't wait to see all of you soon!!

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    Menolly07 wrote:
    If you would like to walk, hubby and I will be walking there. He'll be walking back for the same board game meet-up you're heading for and would be happy to walk back as well. The only thing is that I believe it's a half mile? I wasn't sure if you'd be able to walk it with your owie and all.

I do have to get in a mile or so daily (not all at once if possible) as part of the therapy (its all "honor system" now, I'm that much better). As I'm going to be spending most of the day driving, I'll take you up on the offer!

• Options
    Met with the caterer and our contact at Barca...we're totally sweet and are taking over a bit more of Barca than we expected to. So, we have both the upstairs and much of the downstairs.

Food is gonna be awesome.

So excited for this!

Volunteers, I'll be PMing you all today/tomorrow.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    savagehart wrote:
    Menolly07 wrote:

I do have to get in a mile or so daily (not all at once if possible) as part of the therapy (its all "honor system" now, I'm that much better). As I'm going to be spending most of the day driving, I'll take you up on the offer!

I wouldn't mind walking with you guys. I'll be dressed up as a Skytherin though.

• Options
    savagehart wrote:
    Menolly07 wrote:

I wouldn't mind walking with you guys. I'll be dressed up as a Skytherin though.

I'll be dressed as a muggle/gamer geek and as far as I'm concerned, houses don't exit until AFTER the dinner is over. :)

• Options
    edited August 2011
    How embarassing, you Slytherin guys are nerds.

edit: and bad spellers ;-)

redhalo on
  • Options
    redhalo wrote:

While I hate evil, you gotta admit that evil beings usually have a great sense of style.

• Options
    Morphine503Morphine503 Registered User regular
    Any other Hufflepuff's at the dinner?

• Options
    savagehart wrote:
    redhalo wrote:

While I hate evil, you gotta admit that evil beings usually have a great sense of style.

I'll be the guy in the Slytherin tie and black, hooded robe. Stylin'!

• Options
    savagehart wrote:

Style gets the ladies far more than morals.

• Options
    redhalo wrote:
    savagehart wrote:

True dat.

• Options
    redhalo wrote:
    savagehart wrote:

True dat.

Dunno about that. Even the Stylin' powers of Evil cannot overcome the power of a Black Leather Jacket and a motorcycle.

• Options
    Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular

Yeah, I'm in Hufflepuff too (DA), so there will be two of us there at least..

• Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    savagehart wrote:
    redhalo wrote:

I'll be the guy in the Slytherin tie and black, hooded robe. Stylin'!

Did you join Slytherin this year just to wear that? And if so, you probably made the right call.

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    Crispy262Crispy262 HuffleDRUNK @Hogwarts Castle BasementRegistered User regular
    Baka Al wrote:

Yeah, I'm in Hufflepuff too (DA), so there will be two of us there at least..

I will be attending this as well so we can all head over to Auto Battery together!

vqyaoonar0oe.png
    Retired [E]
    HUFFLEPUFF 2011-18
    https://facebook.com/groups/HufflepuffTWDT/