As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How am this work?

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited August 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
This is a place to post any questions you have about the PA hub

Tube on

• Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    Can we have a Khoo pun thread?

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Why didn't you do this sooner?

Oh, and you might want to add in another "Gabe and Tycho don't read the forums" in here too, since this'll be a hotspot for new users.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    agoaj wrote:
    Why didn't you do this sooner?

Because new subforums are drawn from a dark place and must be carefully contained. Too many and it gets out of hand.

MKR on
  • Options
    Serious and relevant questions only please.

• Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Will threads be locked when the next comic is posted?

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    Framling wrote:
    Will threads be locked when the next comic is posted?

No, all threads are sunk on creation so that they'll fall even if bumped. All old content will gradually fall off the front page. Threads might be locked for other reasons, but it won't be standard policy. This also means we won't be stickying threads.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Mods are going to get so many PMs when a comic thread is late...

perhaps a custom user group including scsscs and so on might reduce the flood: it's not like they have proven irresponsible in thread creation

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Clearly the answer is more robots.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Is there a reason the top/bottom-of-the-page breadcrumbs on this forum seem to be different? I can't use them to back up from a thread to the index of the PA Hub forum, I can only go back to the main forum index. Maybe it's just me.

• Options
    Gaslight wrote:
    Is there a reason the top/bottom-of-the-page breadcrumbs on this forum seem to be different? I can't use them to back up from a thread to the index of the PA Hub forum, I can only go back to the main forum index. Maybe it's just me.
    <span class="NoCrumb">The Penny Arcade Hub</span>

:!:

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The text at the top of the page that lets you know how deep you are in the forum when browsing a thread,
    Penny Arcade Forums » The Penny Arcade Hub
    The latter portion is just text with no link back to The Penny Arcade Hub. Just an FYI.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    This is what I was trying to communicate but I think you guys did it more clearly.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Is this also a place to discuss the weird offshoot Penny Arcade content? Will there be a thread about the Paint the Line card game, for instance? Or does that fall into SE++ or Critical Failures territory?

I'm guessing the latter, but I thought I'd make sure

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    One small problem I'm noticing

when you go into a thread in this forum, the link back to the forum isn't actually a link, just text that reads "The Penny Arcade Hub." As far as I can tell the only way to get back to the hub forum is to either hit back on your browser, or go out to the main page and then enter the hub from there.

which isn't exactly a big deal or anything, but since it doesn't work like that on any of the other forums I thought it might be worth noting?

• Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular

when you go into a thread in this forum, the link back to the forum isn't actually a link, just text that reads "The Penny Arcade Hub." As far as I can tell the only way to get back to the hub forum is to either hit back on your browser, or go out to the main page and then enter the hub from there.

which isn't exactly a big deal or anything, but since it doesn't work like that on any of the other forums I thought it might be worth noting?

more like

slow racer

faits.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    oh wow yeah

it would be a good idea to like

read

• Options
    Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User regular
    Will the comic edits threads be moved here?

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    To piggyback, will comic edits (pertinent to that comic) be permitted to be posted within the new comic thread?

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote:
    scsscs works for pa now? when did this happen and what position did he take?

You're a cretin.
    Raneados wrote:
    @Pikapuff

the reason everyone is making fun of you is because scsscs is an auto-posting comic program based of a specific timeframe built into the forums that checks for and posts the comic as soon as possible

usually pretty uniformly, but has kind of been fucking up lately, probabyl something to do with the new forum switch and the errors from the old one

it's not actually a person, dude
    huh. so the robot. that people jokingly said was using a script to post comics. was actually was a robot. that used scripts to post comics.

huh.

edit 1- i guess i should be happy i beat a robot a few times

edit 2- i guess (technically) people weren't jokingly saying that

edit 3- well now i don't know what to believe. so whatevs. like any form of media i will believe whatever is presented before me. i'm gullible like that
    well since this is an on topic forum maybe I can get a straight answer here. and if scsscs is a script then it's technically a part of the hub so that would make this hub related.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    That has nothing to do with the hub whatsoever

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    @PikaPuff

poe's law strikes again

(I got fooled too)

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    hoodie13 wrote:
    To piggyback, will comic edits (pertinent to that comic) be permitted to be posted within the new comic thread?

No and no.

• Options

Yeah that's a known bug

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    That has nothing to do with the hub whatsoever
    which means scsscs is a forumer and not a script. ok thanks.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    It means you should stop blathering

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So is just for the comic and special anouncements?

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote:

No and no.

Aww. Well, I'm sure off-handed mentions of the comic edit thread will draw people's attention to it.

And Brainleech, probably for discussing PA products too since those are becoming more and more a thing. And I'm also guessing that if the site holds any sort of contests, this subforum will be the place for those too.

• Options
    agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    For example, Jerry just made a post about the Decide-o-tron app that PA is releasing for iOS.

What forum/thread should this be discussed in?
    (a) The PA Hub, new thread
    (b) The PA Hub, today's comic/news thread
    (c) SE++, new thread
    (d) G&T, new thread
    (e) none of the above

• Options
    edited August 2011
    agilemania wrote:
    For example, Jerry just made a post about the Decide-o-tron app that PA is releasing for iOS.

What forum/thread should this be discussed in?
    (a) The PA Hub, new thread
    (b) The PA Hub, today's comic/news thread
    (c) SE++, new thread
    (d) G&T, new thread
    (e) none of the above

The answer is Moe's Stupid Technology Tavern, of course!

Edit - All kidding aside, it being an entire product of its own, it probably warrants a thread here in the Hub. Luckily that's up to the mods and staff to decide. If a thread doesn't show up here after a while, it probably means it's worth starting a thread elsewhere.

Henroid on
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Can we sticky the most recent new [whatever] thread? That'd make it easier to determine when the new [whatever] goes up.

It's not like sticky proliferation is as big a concern in this subforum.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Framling wrote:
    Can we sticky the most recent new [whatever] thread? That'd make it easier to determine when the new [whatever] goes up.

It's not like sticky proliferation is as big a concern in this subforum.

Sinking them really does the same thing, without the manual effort. Once Decide-O-Tron dies down it should get pushed out of the way.

This discussion has been closed.