As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX PRIME 2011 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

• alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    alegria wrote:
    I know where Will Call is located and I know when it is open. However, what I do not know is whether there is a pull-in loading zone in the tunnel under the WSCC where Will Call is located. The reason I ask is that I just need to pick up my BYOC badge on my way home on Thursday, and I ride a motorcycle. Last year I was able to just park my bike in the loading zone at the Sheraton for five minutes (with the OK of the valet parking staff), and I'd like to do the same this year at the WSCC. Will this be possible?

There is, not sure if you can leave vehicles unattended, but a bike should be ok for a few minutes. Just after PAX09 ended I had to go back under the convention center in that limo/bus loading area to hastily meet Nvidia when they called informing me they accidentally gave me booth equipment instead of the prize I won. I'm planning on carpooling Thursday after work to pick up BYOC badges as well, I figure I'll tag team it with who ever comes with and leave someone with the car just in case it needs to move.

Great, thank you for the info. It's been years since I've gone through that tunnel so I didn't remember what was there. :) The will call window is RIGHT THERE and since I'm just nabbing my BYOC pass it shouldn't take me but a minute, since I'll have the barcode and my ID in my jacket pocket along with buttons to trade with BigRed. :) I was in/out of the Sheraton last year in less than five minutes doing the exact same thing.

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    alegria wrote:
    I know where Will Call is located and I know when it is open. However, what I do not know is whether there is a pull-in loading zone in the tunnel under the WSCC where Will Call is located. The reason I ask is that I just need to pick up my BYOC badge on my way home on Thursday, and I ride a motorcycle. Last year I was able to just park my bike in the loading zone at the Sheraton for five minutes (with the OK of the valet parking staff), and I'd like to do the same this year at the WSCC. Will this be possible?

There is, not sure if you can leave vehicles unattended, but a bike should be ok for a few minutes. Just after PAX09 ended I had to go back under the convention center in that limo/bus loading area to hastily meet Nvidia when they called informing me they accidentally gave me booth equipment instead of the prize I won. I'm planning on carpooling Thursday after work to pick up BYOC badges as well, I figure I'll tag team it with who ever comes with and leave someone with the car just in case it needs to move.
    If there's room in the pull off area and there isn't a big line, you should be fine. You can see the ticket window from the pull off area, it's right next to it.

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote:
    I didn’t receive my PAX Badges in the Mail!! What do I do?

If you live outside of the US, or you purchased your pass after the cut off date for badges to be mailed, you will need to pick up your badge at Will Call using your paper ticket with the Bar Code on it AND a valid piece of photo ID. If your badge really is lost in the mail, email pax_questions@paxsite.com

~~~~~~~

Where is will call?

This year, Will Call will be located at the WSCC at the ticket windows on the first floor next to the Convention Place Entrance. These windows are OUTSIDE.

Updates

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    @SmallLady

But you forgot to tell them they can now panic! ;) (They probably shouldn't panic)

no. no panicking allowed. :P

• CybitCybit Merch Underling RedmondRegistered User regular
    @SmallLady didn't everyone have to receive their badges before hand unless they were outside the country, since the passes were all sold out by the end of May?

Cybit wrote:
    @SmallLady didn't everyone have to receive their badges before hand unless they were outside the country, since the passes were all sold out by the end of May?

that is actually quite true.. i suppose that bit of information no longer applies :)

• LigerLiger Registered User regular
    A quick note for all those asking this week:

While the barcode is preferable, Registration can track your badge by the alphanumeric code in your email if your barcode turned into a broken image link.

5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Lilpenguin says a representative told her that possibly no badges were shipped out to Alaska, is this accurate? Post in question: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/20261491#Comment_20261491

Lilpenguin says a representative told her that possibly no badges were shipped out to Alaska, is this accurate? Post in question: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/20261491#Comment_20261491

quite possible. email pax_questions@paxsite.com if you haven't received your badges

• jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    Steel Fire wrote:
    Dates for Prime 12 will be announced during or right after Prime 11, as they always are. Announcing the dates before then is only going to confuse some people.
    Unofficially, PAX Prime will be Labor Day weekend except for once every 7 years when it will be the week earlier because another conference that happens in Seattle on a 7 year cycle has already booked the convention center. This is the year the other convention has the center on "our" weekend.

--Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    SmallLady wrote:
    Will there be seat-less floor area for the concerts? For standing/dancing?

Apologies if this question was already asked, but I couldn't find it.

Likely, the paramount has removable seating.
    I know officially that the Paramount floor seats will be removed for the Concerts and the Omegathon final round.

--Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • ChibipandoraChibipandora Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote:
    Will there be seat-less floor area for the concerts? For standing/dancing?

Apologies if this question was already asked, but I couldn't find it.

Likely, the paramount has removable seating.
    I know officially that the Paramount floor seats will be removed for the Concerts and the Omegathon final round.

:D My hero for the day is you!!!

• algorhythm3.14algorhythm3.14 Registered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    tokyodove wrote:
    Through a combination of patience and not paying enough attention, I just realized that its the week of the event and while all my other preparations are in order, I don't have my badge! I have every receipt, confirmation, and payment email imaginable (even one with my PAX barcode), but no badge.

Am I screwed?

Print out registration confirmation with barcode, take to Will Call, receive badge.

An e-mail to pax_questions@paxsite.com is also required, as they have to know to expect you. Otherwise, they will assume you already received your pass in the mail.

Was I supposed to get an email back?

Yes, you are supposed to get a response. It may take a bit of time, as I'm sure they're swamped right now.

I'm getting panicky again. It's been two days and no email response from pax_questions@paxsite.com. I just bumped the email thread. I also got no response from the BYOC twitter. I need to get my BYOC badge and my 3-day badge on Thursday if possible. I know I need to go to BYOC Will Call for the BYOC badge, can I also get my by 3-day badge there? Do I have to get my 3-day badge first? I still haven't figured out what the Thursday Will Call hours are, BYOC or otherwise.

steam_sig.png
  • astrothumpsastrothumps Registered User new member
    Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but
    Will there be terrain and such to play on there for Warmachine and the like for the opentable games?

I'm getting panicky again. It's been two days and no email response from pax_questions@paxsite.com. I just bumped the email thread. I also got no response from the BYOC twitter. I need to get my BYOC badge and my 3-day badge on Thursday if possible. I know I need to go to BYOC Will Call for the BYOC badge, can I also get my by 3-day badge there? Do I have to get my 3-day badge first? I still haven't figured out what the Thursday Will Call hours are, BYOC or otherwise.

Thursday, between 2pm and 8pm, head to Registration on the 1st floor with your printed barcode and a photo ID. Will Call is there. You can get your 3-day badge, and (I think) your BYOC badge.

• MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Liger wrote:

Thursday, between 2pm and 8pm, head to Registration on the 1st floor with your printed barcode and a photo ID. Will Call is there. You can get your 3-day badge, and (I think) your BYOC badge.

BigRed or myself will be handling BYOC badge pickup on Thursday :)

• Mythic_SushiMythic_Sushi Registered User new member
    I just got a pass from someone else who won't be attending. What do I need to do to? Is the pass itself enough to get in?

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    That depends. Do you have the pass or do you have a barcode?

E6LkoFK.png

I have the actual, physical pass.

Then that's all you need.

E6LkoFK.png

Great, thanks!

• Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    My flight is delayed, and now is set to arrive at 12:25, 15 minutes after the last train. Anyone still know the name of a shuttle service? Otherwise, what can I expect to pay for a cab?

Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    Got a question about buses...
    I am taking transit from the Amtrak SEA station but I will have a largish bag with me.
    Do Seattle buses have enough space for this or should I take light rail instead?

qxd8or7ouox3.png
    I would take the light rail, regardless of the size of your bag.

E6LkoFK.png

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Might be worth adding to the FAQ.

Q:"How do I keep my badge from falling of when I snag it on something?"

A: Forget that cheap ring clip. Use the strong fabric of the lanyard itself to keep your badge secure via a cow-hitch knot. See the links for an example, or come by Info Booth and we will help with the securing.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8890063/badge-cowhitch1.jpg
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8890063/badge-cowhitch2.jpg

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    I'll try to update when I get to Seattle.

• trickycooljtrickycoolj Registered User regular
    My flight is delayed, and now is set to arrive at 12:25, 15 minutes after the last train. Anyone still know the name of a shuttle service? Otherwise, what can I expect to pay for a cab?

Flate rate for Yellow Cab from SeaTac to downtown is $32, same with Shuttle Express (located near the cab stand). Downtown Airporter has a $15 ride when I selected the Sheraton to test it out.

The Airporter shuttle is great. I used to ride it to and from Ellensburg. Very punctual.

Merged from Problem with passes
    KragNaroK wrote:
    There was a friend of mine who was supposed to be coming with his brother and girlfriend, and suddenly cannot attend. all 3 of their passes are in his name, and he didnt ship them. Is there some way i can change his information on the registration to be mine? i already have friends filling their spots, so im not selling them FYI, i just need the passes and didn't think about it until now =(

E6LkoFK.png

Unfortunately, the deadline to change registration information has long since passed. You can try e-mailing pax_questions@paxsite.com to see if they can help, but this close to PAX, getting anything like that changed is fairly unlikely. How long ago did he decide not to attend? These kinds of changes should have happened, at minimum, two weeks ago.

E6LkoFK.png

• DylaNWGDylaNWG Registered User regular
    Stupid question, I'm sure, buuuuuuuut...

I've got a press pass and I really don't want to overstretch my boundaries with it - mostly because I still don't know what all makes a press pass different from a general pass (and I never heard back from the media e-mail about it either :<) other than the color and the media hour on Friday.

The Saturday giga-panel-block of Destructoid's "How to Run a Gaming Site", Irrational and Skyrim are all next to each other. They're going to clear the theater out between each one, obviously. With a press badge am I still gonna have to pick one of those three to go to for sure and then try my hand at the other ones?

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Yes. Media badges aren't allowed to skip lines.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    Yeah the only thing a media pass gets is media hour and access to the press room for interviews.

E6LkoFK.png

• DylaNWGDylaNWG Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    whypick1 wrote:
    Yes. Media badges aren't allowed to skip lines.
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    Yeah the only thing a media pass gets is media hour and access to the press room for interviews.

Pretty much as I figured, thanks!

DylaNWG on
    Moe Fwacky wrote:

The press room also has lockers for your equipment, if you have any, and reserved WiFi for blogging.

Merged from First time going to PAX, what to expect?
    Sideswipez wrote:
    Hey guys,

Its my first time at PAX coming up, and I have a question:

-What are some good things to bring? Im thinking to take a backpack to hold everything but what is everyone else doing?

E6LkoFK.png

• tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    Sideswipez wrote:
    Hey guys,

-What are some good things to bring? Im thinking to take a backpack to hold everything but what is everyone else doing?

i found this thread to be quite helpful in finding tips to survive your first PAX

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    Merged from First time going to PAX, what to expect?
    Sideswipez wrote:
    Hey guys,

Read and gain vast knowledge (like I did)
    Wisdom/First Timer thread

Edit: Hah, totally beaten...

Traitorious on
  • DuelLadySDuelLadyS Registered User regular
    I've been checking up on the booths for some of the groups I hope to get some merch from, and one of them says they're going to be in 'bandland'. What and where is Bandland? I don't see it on the expo map...

This discussion has been closed.