As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wifi adapter for Bluray player advice please.

fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
Somehow I got a wifi possible bluray player for my Dad that requires a USB adapter. Some sources are telling me I can only use an AN-WF100 LG brand adapter. Is this accurate, or is there a non-50$ option out there? I'd rather not pay half again as much for something that should have been built from the fucking beginning.

Thanks PA! 8->

fadingathedges on

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    It has an ethernet port for direct connection, right?

Either plug it into the router if the router is close, or get one of those wireless game adapters for use with an xbox (this can work as a bridge), or get a cheap router and put dd-wrt on it and run it in bridge mode connected to the ethernet port on the player. The product listed before can run dd-wrt as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    Thanks for the input, but it's just a USB ;/ and I think it's designed to work with the LG brand hardware only by design.

I went ahead and bit the bullet, grumbling the whole way, just so my dad can try out the Netflix account we got him.