As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Word to your Moogle PAX

13»

• HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    I'll try to get a button and post on twitter. Is there a time and date decided yet?

• josh shadowfaxjosh shadowfax Registered User regular
    Maybe im not seeing it anywhere, but where do we get the buttons, as I would love to try and help out.

According to the How to Play stuff you get them for playing a demo at the SE booth, but you might just be able to pick them up without doing so.

• jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    If you guys are doing this on Saturday, you can count me in for another letter

PimDtoK.png
  • SarraSarra Registered User regular
    I can be counted in for a 2 buttons.. and any day is good. Give lots of warning for the meet up tho.. I don't think I'll have data while I'm there but will check twitter periodically when I can.

• SwordMageSwordMage Registered User regular
    I'm thinking it will be good if we all meet up on Saturday morning or so, having gotten buttons on Friday. Regardless, I'll be sure to post to the feed, and we can take it from there.

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
    twitter: SwordMage86
    XBL: SwordMagelet
  • iSurrenderiSurrender Registered User regular
    Aww, I won't be there on Saturday. :( *sadface* I'll be retrieving buttons on Friday regardless, so if some of you are there anyway, we can give it a go.

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    How about Saturday around 10/10:30am?

That conflicts with the make a strip time though for any interested in that...

Nothing. Matters.
  • spiritdragon101spiritdragon101 Registered User regular
    That works. I would also suggest late friday for the ppl who can't make it Saturday. Gives us more chances. I'm willing to help organize if needed =)

There's nothing saying we can't have multiple meet-ups. *grin*

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
  • soonerjuddsoonerjudd Registered User regular
    And remember, the mega-word is just part of the contest. You can still try for the daily challenge words to win prizes.

• palmerpalmer Registered User regular
    I'll see what I can do

• ShiinaBatShiinaBat Registered User regular
    My sister was super psyched when I told her about this contest, so you can definitely count us in! We'll likely be good for 4-5 buttons.

I'll be lurking this thread and the Twitter feed. My Twitter handle is: ShiinaBat

zqKoGoV.png
  • TibercoreTibercore Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I personally wont be able to make Saturday at 10:30... will be in panels... but I'm pretty sure I can send one of our group to you.... Will also be there early each day so if we can always preplan while waiting in line or something....

Also.. how we doing on word searches? That's was going to be one of the things I do today.... make a list of possible ones....

Tibercore on
  • H2O ShoagieH2O Shoagie Registered User regular
    i would totally be in for this.

• LikoPikoLikoPiko Registered User new member
    Count my husband and me in, we'll be there the whole weekend.

Please note, I'm in no way a Final Fantasy expert, and simply am more than happy to donate letters and play wrangler. As for words, tweet 'em to @PAXMoogle, or have them with you, and we'll see what we can manage.

Look forward to meeting you all there! We've got multiple attempts to do this, and it would be incredibly stupid not to go for the other prizes as well.

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
  • Vanglorious Vanglorious Registered User new member
    I mentioned this to my hubby and he fwd me this - Not sure if you all have read it yet or not -

I myself am not going to comic con, I do know someone who was in the 15 though. I do however, still believe that the Hyugugusarinotachi name should be DQ'd. Like so many other names of items in Final Fantasy XI it was forced to be abbreviated due to space. Take for example, Creed Gauntlets +2 being forced to Crd. Gauntlets +2, Goetia Chausses +2 to Goet. Chausses +2 the limit is obviously short, under 20 and likely 18/19ish (though personally I've never seen 19)Another good example is the Hacchonenbutsu Dangozashi mentioned above, on the inventory screen is just says Hacchonenbutsu, However due to the nature of the Hyugugusarinotachi there isn't a really good cut off line or means to abbreviate. Now, if written in japanese the word would have no spaces, since that how the written language is. Then again, it would no longer be an english word at that point since its not spelled how it would be in english. If japanese words are allowed thats an entirely new ball game, and I should stop searching english wiki/forums and start searching japanese wiki/forums to help my friend out.

As a side note, He mentioned a 38 letter word (though now im hearing its 28) rumor has it the word is located in Final Fantasy III. However, upon asking my friends 2 claimed to have seen such a word while playing many years ago. As we know FFIII was not localized until recently on the DS, and since fan translations wouldn't count. I have reason to believe the elusive 38(28) letter word is actually localed in Final Fantasy VI. Just a tip. Personally I'd be overjoyed knowing I located the mythic word, regardless of if I or anyone I know gets anything.

TLDR - Reasons the 18 letter word should be DQ'd, Intel suggests the longest word may be in FFVI.

Or maybe Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo which they use a lot for dramatics?...

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Hyogugusarinotachi
    looks like a legit word to me with no hyphens or spaces (as it appears in the ENGLISH version of the game). I've seen a couple of "hate" posts about DQing it and none of them have real solid arguments. Sounds like someone's being a sore looser XD....

Anyways, back to my point. I've found a word that is 20 characters with no spaces or hyphens and I'm pretty sure it's legit (still need to verify it at the SE table). I'm not going to reveal it until the convention, though, just in case. I'll be hanging around the SE table and twitter so keep an eye out.

• qwhackerqwhacker Registered User regular
    i'm in as well. twitter is @PAXQwhacker and I should hopefully be good for internet access/cell reception during this pax

• TibercoreTibercore Registered User regular
    I mentioned this to my hubby and he fwd me this - Not sure if you all have read it yet or not -

As a side note, He mentioned a 38 letter word (though now im hearing its 28) rumor has it the word is located in Final Fantasy III. However, upon asking my friends 2 claimed to have seen such a word while playing many years ago. As we know FFIII was not localized until recently on the DS, and since fan translations wouldn't count. I have reason to believe the elusive 38(28) letter word is actually localed in Final Fantasy VI. Just a tip. Personally I'd be overjoyed knowing I located the mythic word, regardless of if I or anyone I know gets anything.

TLDR - Reasons the 18 letter word should be DQ'd, Intel suggests the longest word may be in FFVI.

Or maybe Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo which they use a lot for dramatics?...

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Hyogugusarinotachi
    looks like a legit word to me with no hyphens or spaces (as it appears in the ENGLISH version of the game). I've seen a couple of "hate" posts about DQing it and none of them have real solid arguments. Sounds like someone's being a sore looser XD....

Anyways, back to my point. I've found a word that is 20 characters with no spaces or hyphens and I'm pretty sure it's legit (still need to verify it at the SE table). I'm not going to reveal it until the convention, though, just in case. I'll be hanging around the SE table and twitter so keep an eye out.

I've mostly found 16s and a 17... but I mostly posted that up to show the 28/38 letter word and where to look for it hints.... I haven't been able to find either yet.

• ScrabbleDudeScrabbleDude Registered User regular
    I'm definitely in for this. +1 with a friend of mine. Will add the Twitter account tomorrow.

• NormanPrideNormanPride Registered User regular
    Twitter is ThomasNormanV

My wife and I are down for this!

Got an A today, a friend got an M. Will get two more letters tomorrow too.

• NormanPrideNormanPride Registered User regular
    I got an I. Where are we meeting?

• josh shadowfaxjosh shadowfax Registered User regular
    Got an S. In talking with a person at the booth, I was told that if we tie with 18 letters using a different word there will be some sort of tiebreak for the ultimate prize; that is, they're only giving out the ultimate prize to one team.

• FritoFrito Registered User regular
    I've got P and O tweet me @thefritob and i"ll meet up anywhere.

• HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    I've got an I. :(

• iSurrenderiSurrender Registered User regular
    I've got an M. According to @PAXMoogle , we'll be meeting on Sunday in front of the Gears of War Statue (by the Square Enix booth) at 10:00 am.

• ainilomeainilome Registered User regular
    I have an S, I and P and can be any of those three, or share the others if need be. Let me know! @ainilome

• PrisonedBeastPrisonedBeast Registered User regular
    So there are some of us who are going to try for the longest word we are meeting by the marcus statue as soon as you get in so around 10-10:15 we need to find a longer word then 18 so everyone do some research and show up ready to commit a little bit of time to working this all out.

Hyogugusarinotachi this is another 18 letter word

I have R A H, and will be bringing someone with an M. I really want to win a copy of the game. Even if it's not the longest word.

@PrisonedBeast - That's what SDCC won with. I'll toss something to Twitter, but there should be a few meeting there at about the same time.

@ScrabbleDude - There are always the Challenge words of the Day.

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
  • DaftCapybaraDaftCapybara Registered User regular
    I had to leave this morning at 10 so I missed the big event, did you guys get it or will we need to see about next year?

Pax Prime Badges [X]
    Pax Prime Hotel [X]
    Pax Prime Flight []
    I ended up with getting a challenge word but as for the 18 letter word I was unfortunately not a part of that D:

Well, there's going to be a tie-breaker with the 18 letter word if it's not beaten at NYCC. No idea what said tie-breaker's going to be, though.

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
  • BirrhanBirrhan Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    SwordMage wrote:
    Well, there's going to be a tie-breaker with the 18 letter word if it's not beaten at NYCC. No idea what said tie-breaker's going to be, though.

Riding real chocobos?

One can only hope....

Birrhan on