As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX PRIME 2011 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Bandland isn't in Expo. I haven't checked the other maps, so I'm not sure where it is, but it's where the bands and celebs sit to sign stuff and sell merch.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised if Bandland was where it was last year - in the hall on the 4th floor around the corner from the exhibition hall, at the foot of the escalators to the 6th floor. That's a nice open area, centrally located.

• Options
    tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised if Bandland was where it was last year - in the hall on the 4th floor around the corner from the exhibition hall, at the foot of the escalators to the 6th floor. That's a nice open area, centrally located.

yup i just checked the map- its on the 4th floor west (on the map) of the bottom section of the exhibit hall

• Options
    beefcrinklebeefcrinkle Registered User regular
    Lots of posts to dig through so sorry for asking again. Where is the main merch booth located, and what payment types do they take?

Thanks

• Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    Lots of posts to dig through so sorry for asking again. Where is the main merch booth located, and what payment types do they take?

Thanks

The merch booth is on the 4th floor of the convention center in the south lobby, it takes cash and all cards. I recommend paying in cash, it is *much* faster.

< devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    SmallLady wrote:
    How do I keep my badge from falling of when I snag it on something?

Forget that cheap ring clip. Use the strong fabric of the lanyard itself to keep your badge secure via a cow-hitch knot. See the links for an example, or come by Info Booth and we will help with the securing.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8890063/badge-cowhitch1.jpg
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8890063/badge-cowhitch2.jpg

updated!!

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    Dano1Dano1 Registered User regular
    You say that the building won't open till 8AM, is this new? I don't remember a problem turning up at about 7 last year, if you do turn up before 8 i'm guessing the furthest you can get is out on the street?

Also I'm guessing the Badge pickup location is going to be easy to find outside, i'm not sure what condition i'm gonna be in after my flight tomorrow. :P

• Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    Dano1 wrote:
    Also I'm guessing the Badge pickup location is going to be easy to find outside, i'm not sure what condition i'm gonna be in after my flight tomorrow. :P

The easiest way to find it will be to head inside the building, past FedEx Kinkos and to the left of the escalators go out the doors to the tunnel and turn left.

• Options
    Dano1Dano1 Registered User regular
    Steel Fire wrote:
    Dano1 wrote:

The easiest way to find it will be to head inside the building, past FedEx Kinkos and to the left of the escalators go out the doors to the tunnel and turn left.
    Thanks.

• Options
    Thanks!
    heels wrote:

Thanks

The merch booth is on the 4th floor of the convention center in the south lobby, it takes cash and all cards. I recommend paying in cash, it is *much* faster.

• Options
    Im looking at the map and don't see the merchant booth? Is it even on the map?

• Options
    Sgt SupermanSgt Superman Registered User regular

It is, but is is on the overall 4/6 level map http://m.guidebookapp.com/297/map/788/

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
  • Options

It will be once official maps go live, but just so you know it's on the 4th floor across form the queue room

• Options
    jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    My flight is delayed, and now is set to arrive at 12:25, 15 minutes after the last train. Anyone still know the name of a shuttle service? Otherwise, what can I expect to pay for a cab?
    People linked the shuttle info above, but you've also got transit options that late:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Airport+Expressway&amp;daddr=sheraton,+seattle,+wa&amp;hl=en&amp;ll=47.526011,-122.303581&amp;spn=0.192883,0.252342&amp;sll=47.526706,-122.300835&amp;sspn=0.19288,0.252342&amp;geocode=FR3n0wIdut21-A;FS171gIdclW1-CFymybdVW5v1Q&amp;vpsrc=0&amp;dirflg=r&amp;ttype=dep&amp;date=08/26/11&amp;time=12:30am&amp;noexp=0&amp;noal=0&amp;sort=def&amp;mra=ls&amp;z=12&amp;start=0

--Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Options
    jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    Dano1 wrote:
    You say that the building won't open till 8AM, is this new? I don't remember a problem turning up at about 7 last year, if you do turn up before 8 i'm guessing the furthest you can get is out on the street?

The exterior doors to the common area open at about 6am. The south lobby and queue room don't open until 8am. Registration is outside in the Convention Place tunnel.

--Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Options
    MasonvdMasonvd Registered User new member
    Hi, this'll be my first PAX, just had a question or two, sorry if it's been asked already :S. Anyway, just wanted to know if they clear out the theaters between each panel. See, I wanna see the Mega 64 Panel which goes til 8PM in the Pegasus Theater but then also want to see Giant Bomb in the Pegasus theater at 8:30. So will I be forced out of the theater? I'm afraid that only being a half hour early to Giant Bomb may not be enough if there's already a large line. Should I just skip Mega 64 if I really wanna see Giant Bomb?

As a similar question, how long is generally long enough as far as lines go?

• Options
    Masonvd wrote:
    Hi, this'll be my first PAX, just had a question or two, sorry if it's been asked already :S. Anyway, just wanted to know if they clear out the theaters between each panel. See, I wanna see the Mega 64 Panel which goes til 8PM in the Pegasus Theater but then also want to see Giant Bomb in the Pegasus theater at 8:30. So will I be forced out of the theater? I'm afraid that only being a half hour early to Giant Bomb may not be enough if there's already a large line. Should I just skip Mega 64 if I really wanna see Giant Bomb?

As a similar question, how long is generally long enough as far as lines go?

Yes, theatres are cleaned out between panels.

An hour is usually a good bet, but it all depends on how popular a panel is.

• Options
    So would you suggest skipping the Mega 64 panel then if I'm more interested in Giant Bomb?

• Options
    Masonvd wrote:
    So would you suggest skipping the Mega 64 panel then if I'm more interested in Giant Bomb?

I have no idea how popular Mega 64 or Giant Bomb will be. However, if you want to make sure you make it into Giant Bomb, it's probably a good idea.

• Options
    SmallLady wrote:
    What brand are the PA Merch shrits? I want to make sure I get the right size

PA merch shirts are all Gildan brand

Update!

• Options
    MidreianMidreian Registered User new member
    I have my badges, but I need to know a few things as it is my first PAX. When/where do I get the Official PAX Goodie Bag? I also need to know, about what time should I show up before 10am? I'm guessing the line will be huge to get in.

• Options
    Midreian wrote:
    I have my badges, but I need to know a few things as it is my first PAX. When/where do I get the Official PAX Goodie Bag? I also need to know, about what time should I show up before 10am? I'm guessing the line will be huge to get in.

In the Queue Room to the Expo Hall, or the line up at the Paramount

8am is the earliest you can begin lining up.

• Options
    MidreianMidreian Registered User new member
    SmallLady wrote:
    Midreian wrote:

In the Queue Room to the Expo Hall, or the line up at the Paramount

8am is the earliest you can begin lining up.

Wow, thank you for such a fast reply.

• Options
    PlaneGuyPlaneGuy Registered User regular
    Liger wrote:
    A quick note for all those asking this week:

While the barcode is preferable, Registration can track your badge by the alphanumeric code in your email if your barcode turned into a broken image link.

Just thanking you for this note. Search is a wonderful thing.

• Options
    niq24601niq24601 Registered User regular
    Is there a twitter feed or smartphone app that will have line status updates? twitter.com/PAX_lines hasn't been touched since East 2011; just wanted to see if that would work.

niq24601.jpg
    "gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
  • Options
    niq24601 wrote:
    Is there a twitter feed or smartphone app that will have line status updates? twitter.com/PAX_lines hasn't been touched since East 2011; just wanted to see if that would work.

once the show starts, @PAX_lines will be used again in full force. :D

• Options
    It hasn't been touched since east because there's been no lines to report on;)

• Options
    ProximaProxima Registered User regular
    Yesterday we added the Lines feed to a separate module in Guidebook. http://guidebookapp.com

• Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote:
    SmallLady wrote:
    What brand are the PA Merch shrits? I want to make sure I get the right size

PA merch shirts are all Gildan brand

Update!
    Sweet, I got the FAQ updated 2 days before PAX! Don't know why I'm so excited about that. Probably just spill over from me trying to contain my excitement at my last day at work before heading West...

• Options
    iqubaliqubal Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Hello, Hello, I'm taking the bus from vancouver to seattle and it ends up at:

200 Taylor Avenue North.( right in front of Best Western Executive Inn). What's the best/easiest way to get to the Convention center?

Wouldn't mind walking but is it too far?

iqubal on
  • Options
    degreesplatinumdegreesplatinum aka. casual_geek Registered User regular
    Question about the Wil Wheaton panel...

Do you guys know if he'll be signing autographs at the end of it? I'm trying to do this favor to a friend of mine that's a huge Wil Wheaton fan and she wants me to get him to sign her Stand By Me DVD.

• Options
    iqubal wrote:

200 Taylor Avenue North.( right in front of Best Western Executive Inn). What's the best/easiest way to get to the Convention center?

I've done this last year. The walk isn't too unbearable, depending on the amount of stuff you're carrying. Although you are looking at a 10-20 minute walk.

• Options

Do you guys know if he'll be signing autographs at the end of it? I'm trying to do this favor to a friend of mine that's a huge Wil Wheaton fan and she wants me to get him to sign her Stand By Me DVD.

your best bet is to follow him on twitter and to check out his Bandland hours AT bandland.. there really isn't much time after a panel for people to do signings.

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2011
    Wil will probably be signing things at his booth in Bandland. That's where you should go if you want an autograph.

edit: CURSE YOU SMALLLADY!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    Wil will probably be signing things at his booth in Bandland. That's where you should go if you want an autograph.

edit: CURSE YOU SMALLLADY!

not today moe.. not today :P

• Options
    iqubaliqubal Registered User regular
    iqubal wrote:

I've done this last year. The walk isn't too unbearable, depending on the amount of stuff you're carrying. Although you are looking at a 10-20 minute walk.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

• Options
    SmallLady wrote:

your best bet is to follow him on twitter and to check out his Bandland hours AT bandland.. there really isn't much time after a panel for people to do signings.

Ahh okay, sweet. This means I don't have to be at his panel. Time to rearrange my Friday schedule :)

• Options
    spacestationsspacestations Registered User new member
    AHHHH 2 days till PAX and only half the tickets I ordered arrived! We put in two orders of 5 tickets each, which I received confirmation numbers and was charged for, but only one envelope with 5 tickets showed up! I emailed pax_questions@paxsite.com yesterday and today with no response... any suggestions? Think we can just pick them up at 'Will Call'?

• Options
    algorhythm3.14algorhythm3.14 Registered User regular
    AHHHH 2 days till PAX and only half the tickets I ordered arrived! We put in two orders of 5 tickets each, which I received confirmation numbers and was charged for, but only one envelope with 5 tickets showed up! I emailed pax_questions@paxsite.com yesterday and today with no response... any suggestions? Think we can just pick them up at 'Will Call'?

I can chip into to say that pax_questions@paxsite.com is essentially dead. I can't get an email response either.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Please try to be patient with pax_questions@paxsite.com the people manning that email address are currently on site doing set up for PAX.

This discussion has been closed.