As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    that's because you aren't negotiating with bullets

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I love the laser sight.

Also I feel as though I should've gone the Spiderman route with the jumping and superstrength augs instead of being all mixed up.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So I suck at this game

but man am I having fun

CYpGAPn.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    blank you suck too much gimme your game

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    fuck that first boss

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Ahahaha, I tried a takedown on a cop in the middle of the street, not knowing that it would work. Luckily, there was no one around to witness my assaulting a police officer.

I stole his gun.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Nope it is mine

so good

so good

I am basically trying to be cyborg Batman but then I fuck it up halfway through a stronghold and just start snapping necks

CYpGAPn.png
  • Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    I think...

I think I have enough magic pods to get both xray eyes and wall punching. OH YES.

sig_lambo.jpg
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    ultimakay wrote:
    My god this game is awesome. Also holy fuck I have clocked 14 hours so far, I don't think I have ever played a game for that long in one sitting.

YES

YES THIS

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    fuck that first boss

Disarm all mines

Bring six with you

Chuck all six at him and kill him nearly instantly

Alternatively

If you have cloak

Cloak around until he kills himself with explosives

I am not shitting you that he will do this

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I lost him behind some boxes and he did that anyway

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    Well I guess if he goes full retard you can maneuver away from him too

Cloak was just a super easy way for me to do that

• FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    Social implant is best implant.

I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    I was saving up for the smart eyes until I saw that they're active, not passive

So I got cloak field instead.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I got this on PC, plays better then I expected. The game froze at the same spot during the first mission, the cutscene with the eyepatch guy and that one hostage's wife froze without any sound and I had to Alt-tab out to close the game. I tried seeing if it would do it a third time, but it worked then and I've had no problems since.

I'm going with a guns blazing tank guy for a first playthrough. I picked the augs that reduce damage and make me immune to EMPs, and now I'll work towards the gun buffs.

And this is my first time on Steam.. Ohmygod my money is going to fade away..

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • HalfhandHalfhand a stalwart bastion of terrible ideas Registered User regular
    So I guess you have to stock up on promax bars or whatever if you want to use cloak, along with having at least 3 bars unlocked.

corio2.jpg
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    How good is this game? So good.

I played so much today. It's like Deus Ex never left. The game ran super solid the entire time, just some slow down while it loaded areas. (my video card is a HD4850 from like 3 years ago, but the CPU is fairly new). I think I've already become acclimated to the load times, but the people are still a bit squirmy.

I'm playing through with no kills, except for the first attack on Sarif, cause I didn't know I could take down baddies until later. You can use take downs before augs, right?

Another question: how to disarm mine?

And a picture: http://steamcommunity.com/id/buckarooholiday/screenshot/576680419673607998?tab=public

Halfhand wrote:
    So I guess you have to stock up on promax bars or whatever if you want to use cloak, along with having at least 3 bars unlocked.

Proenergy, which I can't stop reading as "progeny".

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Crouch and WALK (caps lock toggle, default is run) up to them

steam_sig.png
    Thanks. I thought I tried that, but I got tired of the load times and just figured out it's trigger and blast radius. I don't need bullet to set them off safely anymore.

• KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    AzadIsCool wrote:
    AzadIsCool wrote:
    Here's a minor spoiler for people who haven't gotten to the first boss:
    Fuck Barrett.

Actually
    He was really easy once I find the stash with a shotgun and combined that with the gas canister. Throw one, shoot at him from close up, throw emp grenade, shoot at him some more, he dies. I'm still not a fan of how it forces my stealth character to go rambo but it was well designed, at least.

Alternatively:
    Throw barrels at him. Not even kidding.

Also achievement related stuff
    Apparently you should let the credits run all the way through once you beat the game

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Pondering whether to get the xbox or the pc version.. my pc is a pretty crappy core2 duo t5555 laptop with a geforce 8600mgt, so I guess the xbox version would play much better..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    So does anyone know if stuff you drop in your apartment stays there? I'm loaded down with junk, and I'd really like to be able to just dump some of the extra weapons I'm not using

• KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    it does

edit according to the g&t thread anyway, haven't tried it

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • EffefEffef Who said your opinion mattered, Jones? Registered User regular
    I dropped a battle rifle and some ammo in there, and came back after a mission and its still there, so I guess it does.

ox30LTf.gif
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Yeah had to drop off the preorder items in the apartment. Still there after running around a few missions.

Also the social aug is the best.
    Send me on a mission to kill some bangers? Fuck you gimme that tape. Oh, can't let me in the police station? Fuck you, gimme that clearance

Playin it on the ps3, no complaints, though combat can get dicey at times. Also liking how fragile my dude is, dying quick when bullets start flying, forcing me to be more sneaky and reminding me that run and gun is kinda impractical, for now

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    Are the energy regen mechanics still a huge hassle in this?

Not today.
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    the icarus system is fucking fantastic for getting around

Miss me? Find me on:

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So what did you put your first points in?

I put one for another battery and two into enhanced stealth...i think the 'cones' of vision will help me be sneaky since so far the tranq gun is pure shit. (I dont think ive hit a single thing with it...the range is so short i never see a crosshair).

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Dubh wrote:
    the icarus system is fucking fantastic for getting around

I kind of regretted getting it when in detroit, but after i moved on it became incredibly useful.

Unless you have a ton of abilities that burn through energy maybe, but i dont and im not having much of an issue with it. The items that restore portions or all of your energy seem pretty plentiful if you are one prone to exploring, and they can also be bought in certain amounts. Also you always at least recharge a single bar so you always have some energy available to you.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying the game, but got really frustrated right at the beginning.

First mission:
    In the first interior room of the warehouse, there's a little office on the bottom floor. I made my way up to the roof as it seemed an obvious way to bypass soldiers. I must have spent 25 minutes trying to stack boxes under the overhead access to the air duct before giving up. I'd get high enough to where I could see no reason why the game shouldn't let me in, especially as I think I've seen a sort of automatic "catch" for jumping into ducts on walls.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
    There's lots of exploration to be done here, despite the reduced openness in the hubs/levels. I spent some times on the rooftops in Detroit and picked up a few xp bonuses.

• Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    ultimakay wrote:

Unless you have a ton of abilities that burn through energy maybe, but i dont and im not having much of an issue with it. The items that restore portions or all of your energy seem pretty plentiful if you are one prone to exploring, and they can also be bought in certain amounts. Also you always at least recharge a single bar so you always have some energy available to you.

Yeah I hate that it only naturally regens one bar without using an item. Should have let you naturally regen all of them and the items should have been for quick energy in a pinch.

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
  • grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    My game froze up in the first mission. Was reloading right in the beginning section inside the warehouse. Hung in the loading screen.

EVGA Nvidia gtx580 card.

Does this sound like something the ATI file fix would correct? Hope so, have to waste many hours on this game.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
    ultimakay wrote:

Yeah I hate that it only naturally regens one bar without using an item. Should have let you naturally regen all of them and the items should have been for quick energy in a pinch.

I agree with this.

As it stands, I run around with one energy bar and just pop some recharge in whenever I need to takedowns on more than one opponent.

Miss me? Find me on:

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Dubh wrote:
    ultimakay wrote:

I agree with this.

As it stands, I run around with one energy bar and just pop some recharge in whenever I need to takedowns on more than one opponent.

A friend suggested they make an aug where it will regen all batteries, but the time before it starts to recharge/how long it takes to recharge gets longer with each successive battery. That way you don't have to carry a box of Clif Bars with you, but you still have use for a few if you need to recharge quickly.

Hopefully something like that can be modded in easily.

Fugitive on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    GameStop intentionally removing Deus Ex OnLive coupons from retail PC copies

gamestopshenanigans.jpg

Hey, remember the free Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive code that comes with the retail PC version? If you bought your copy at GameStop, chances are you didn't get the code. It turns out that the retailer decided not to participate in the promotion ... by force.

GameSpy is reporting that GameStop employees received notice yesterday that they were to open new PC copies of Deus Ex and remove the free OnLive token. To repeat: GameStop employees were told to open new copies and remove contents intended to be sold with the game.

A GameStop representative confirmed to GameSpy that the company is removing the tokens, saying, "Square Enix packed the competitor's coupon with our DXHR product without our prior knowledge and we did pull and discard these coupons." Indeed, some of our own commenters claiming to be GameStop employees said the same thing in our post revealing the OnLive promotion yesterday.

Joystiq is currently investigating the issue, including the possible legal implications of tampering with a product and selling it as new.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/24/gamestop-intentionally-removing-deus-ex-onlive-coupons-from-reta

How is something like that even legal?

58pwo4vxupcr.png
    The first augs I upgraded were hacking. I got up to level 5 almost before I left Sarif for Detroit. I hate not having access.

Which leads to "liquidating" everything I can get my hands on.
    Some guy e-mailed me about all the break ins at Sarif and gave me his access code to "check" his office.

This discussion has been closed.