As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA comic: Wednesday August 24, 2011

2»

• Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    Shen wrote:
    I don't see the point of dumb eye-fixer surgery for stupids.

1. Can no longer wear sweet designer frames
    2. Non-zero chance of it fucking up

That said I remember wearing contacts for the first time. It was raining and I was like "OMG I can still see everything!" Fun novelty.

do you drive a car? you have a non-zero chance of dying.

lasik surgery fuckin owns, and this comic is good

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    That letter for Gamestop stores is goddamn ridiculous, wow.

Anyway. Why have a laser-eye when you can have a sword-arm?

• MaigaardMaigaard Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:

Well, laser-eyes have a significantly longer range, but I definitely see the appeal in a sword-arm.

• jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    you can't hug your kids with sword arms
    man.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Hugs are for chumps
    Nothing says "I love you, son" like slicing up your kid's worst enemy with your sweet sword-arm

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • MaigaardMaigaard Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    jwalk wrote:
    you can't hug your kids with sword arms
    man.

Well... You... You can't look at your kids with laser-eyes!
    EDIT: man

Maigaard on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Maigaard wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

Well, laser-eyes have a significantly longer range, but I definitely see the appeal in a sword-arm.

What about Chainsaw Hands?

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Colt45 wrote:
    everyone count how many times a different variation of the phrase "I didn't ask for this" is uttered in the icarus trailer. I just watched it and the game looks phenomenal, but the whiny-ness kind of got to me there. I didn't ask to have [badass] robot arms, I just got them for free somehow. Hardly seems like the short end of the stick from here.
    If there is ever a game that will make you see both sides of that debate, it's the new Deus Ex game. Honestly, I know just as many people who would hate robot arms as would love them, and the game does a great job of introducing you to viewpoints like that.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have never played any of the Deus Ex games but I kinda want to now

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    I have never played any of the Deus Ex games but I kinda want to now

Get Human Revolution. Just do it. Trust me on this. I never played the original - I tried but it was a bitch getting it to run right on a modern system and the actual gameplay was too dated for my taste. But HR is the shit.

Or maybe it's the shiznit.

Dammit, which one means it's good?

What I'm trying to say is that the game is terrific so far and you will probably enjoy it a lot, regardless of your (lack of) familiarity with the series.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    this is shit is poop from a butt

this is the shit is good

• althaialthai Registered User regular
    It's not laser-eye surgery or laser-eye surgery. It's laser eye-surgery. Eye-surgery done with a laser. Gabe's mistake is obviously the whole point of the strip, but Tycho should be putting the hyphen in the right place. :evil:

Althai/David

Never be afraid to paint outside the lines!
    edited August 2011
    The way the first two panels are composed as one scene, so that Tycho still has his Deus Ex happy face when he corrects Gabe, makes it look like he is doing so in an unusually pleasant and good-natured fashion.

Right back to the usual bemused exasperation in panel three though.

Gaslight on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    jwalk wrote:
    GameSlop is bullshit anyway, they sell opened games as "new". I watched a clerk do this right in front of me one time, he took a used disc out of some baggie he had stashed behind the counter and put it inside an opened box. I asked him to please get a "new" copy since that one was obviously opened, therefore it can no longer be called "new" (legally, that would be known as "used"). He said no, it WAS new, and it was just their "policy" to open up games like that but still sell them as new. Policy my ASS, I'm pretty sure that's called "fraud", which last time I checked was illegal... Anyway I don't shop there any more, not when I can pick up a nice shiny BRAND NEW shrink-wrapped copy from Best Buy up the street...

Oh and it doesn't smell like fuckin FEET in the BB either..
    This a thousand times.

I myself refuse to buy a game sold as new if it has been seen by another living being.

The store I go to is deep within the New Zealand cave system just south of Auckland. The manager is a small cave dweller who has not seen daylight in over two hundred years.

He doesn't even touch it either, I just pay him in rare stones and it's carried out to me on the backs of a million writhing worms.

It's not a perfect system though. Last time I was there I asked for madden '12 and they gave me madden '11 instead! Imagine their embarrassment.

It doesn't smell like feet though.

• GalacticGalactic Registered User regular
    This comic promotes eye-laser culture.

^_-;

Too Galactic for you.
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    althai wrote:
    It's not laser-eye surgery or laser-eye surgery. It's laser eye-surgery. Eye-surgery done with a laser. Gabe's mistake is obviously the whole point of the strip, but Tycho should be putting the hyphen in the right place. :evil:

it's actually just laser eye surgery. don't need that fucking deadbeat hyphen

yeah fuck off hyphen! nobody likes you!

Blake T wrote:
    jwalk wrote:
    GameSlop is bullshit anyway, they sell opened games as "new". I watched a clerk do this right in front of me one time, he took a used disc out of some baggie he had stashed behind the counter and put it inside an opened box. I asked him to please get a "new" copy since that one was obviously opened, therefore it can no longer be called "new" (legally, that would be known as "used"). He said no, it WAS new, and it was just their "policy" to open up games like that but still sell them as new. Policy my ASS, I'm pretty sure that's called "fraud", which last time I checked was illegal... Anyway I don't shop there any more, not when I can pick up a nice shiny BRAND NEW shrink-wrapped copy from Best Buy up the street...

Oh and it doesn't smell like fuckin FEET in the BB either..
    This a thousand times.

I myself refuse to buy a game sold as new if it has been seen by another living being.

The store I go to is deep within the New Zealand cave system just south of Auckland. The manager is a small cave dweller who has not seen daylight in over two hundred years.

He doesn't even touch it either, I just pay him in rare stones and it's carried out to me on the backs of a million writhing worms.

It's not a perfect system though. Last time I was there I asked for madden '12 and they gave me madden '11 instead! Imagine their embarrassment.

It doesn't smell like feet though.

it smells like worms though, which is basically feet.

• faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    worms don't even have feet though

unless you're talking about this dude

3848363479_61a0dd1568.jpg

and even then I'm not convinced that's a foot.

faits.png
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    It's got a shoe on it don't it?

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    It's got a shoe on it don't it?

Can't argue with that.

I can put a shoe on a lot of things :winky:

faits.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote:

I can tell you right now I know of at least 5 GM in my area who completely ignored this and at least one DM who sent out an email to their whole district saying to ignore it.

In other news I haven't been to the PA store in years, since I bought my Rice Fight shirt back in the day, holy shit there are many shirts I want to buy

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Gameslop

really

really

Right up there with Micro$oft

• herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular
    Just wanted to point out that we do indeed owe Jordan Weisman a lot. If you've ever played Shadowrun, Mechwarrior, Crimson Skies, or any of the myriad of combat dial games put out by Wizkids, you owe this man a huge pat on the back. It's so sad that he made all of this great stuff and now all he is is a professor.

steam_sig-400.png
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    It's not a Christian music bonfire, it's a Christian music bonfire.

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    Gameslop

really

really

Right up there with Micro$oft

I miss the old New Comic thread so much

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited August 2011
    worms are basically ALL feet. they are made entirely out of feet-like tissue.
    Langly wrote:
    Gameslop

really

really
    no, not really.

jwalk on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    herojoe wrote:
    Just wanted to point out that we do indeed owe Jordan Weisman a lot. If you've ever played Shadowrun, Mechwarrior, Crimson Skies, or any of the myriad of combat dial games put out by Wizkids, you owe this man a huge pat on the back. It's so sad that he made all of this great stuff and now all he is is a professor.

Well then I don't owe him jack cause I haven't played any of them.

I played crimson skies on xbox

do I have to pat any backs

faits.png
    herojoe wrote:

Wait, he's a professor? Oh what and where? Boy would I love to take a class from him.

• SegSeg Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:
    herojoe wrote:

Wait, he's a professor? Oh what and where? Boy would I love to take a class from him.

According to Wikipedia
    Jordan is currently an Adjunct Professor in the Interactive Media Division at the USC School of Cinema-Television

professor of blowbos at the university of the alley behind olive garden

faits.png
  • herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    herojoe wrote:

Well then I don't owe him jack cause I haven't played any of them.

Give them a try, sir. You will enjoy them.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Colt45Colt45 Registered User regular
    Colt45 wrote:
    everyone count how many times a different variation of the phrase "I didn't ask for this" is uttered in the icarus trailer. I just watched it and the game looks phenomenal, but the whiny-ness kind of got to me there. I didn't ask to have [badass] robot arms, I just got them for free somehow. Hardly seems like the short end of the stick from here.
    If there is ever a game that will make you see both sides of that debate, it's the new Deus Ex game. Honestly, I know just as many people who would hate robot arms as would love them, and the game does a great job of introducing you to viewpoints like that.

Yeah upon further thought it would be really inconsiderate to just give someone robot arms without asking. "Oh thanks, would've liked to had some input on this decision, but these are nice I guess". It's sort of a push/pull for being able to give yourself strangers ALL THE TIME and having cold hands ALL THE TIME. It reminds me of playing Mortal Kombat when I was younger and loving Jax's Ground Pound. Also sort of a Ghost in The Shell vibe going there.