As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secure Password app?

BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
Looking for an app (iphone or windows) that I can use to generate secure passwords and will also keep up with all my passwords. Must also be secure.

Sort of a keyring for passwords.

I would also like to be able to backup my passwords but not necessarily to somewhere online through the app unless there's some sort of guarantee that they're storing it securely.

XdDBi4F.jpg
PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
Beltaine on

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Keepass or 1Password.

I use 1Password on iPad, iPhone, Chrome extensively and if you're willing to shell out the $ I highly recommend it.

• Options
    SaarSaar Registered User regular
    1Password is nice and you can sync all devises through a DropBox account.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Wish 1password included the iPhone app in the price. I'll have to snag a Mac and PC license, then fork over more dough for my iPhone.

I've got 30 days to decide, though.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    I use Keepass on a Dropbox account. Works very well.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    I use lastpass.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I use LastPass too. It has plugins for all the major browsers on the major operating systems. It encrypts the password vault with a key they don't have access to before it's stored on their servers. It also lets you store notes securely if for some reason a website isn't set up to handle the fill form plugin. There are also mobile applications you can use but those are a premium feature you have to pay a dollar a month for. It's a pretty smart application. It knows when you've logged in and will ask to store the account, it knows when you're trying to change a password and will generate a random password for you and then change the password in the vault to match and it will generate a random password when you're making a new account somewhere. The hardest part of changing my passwords after I got it was remembering all the websites I used.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    LastPass raped my dog*, use 1Password instead.

*This is probably not true. Either one is pretty decent, actually.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I am sure 1Password is fine, I thought it looked really good at least, but it is so expensive, especially since I personally use Windows and OSX and I would also like to have access on my iPhone if I'm not using my own computer.

• Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    I am using keepassx on linux, osx and windows. There isn't a version for iphone, and there was a post saying it wouldn't get ported to iphone.

Google suggested lastpass and 1password.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    ueanuean Registered User regular
    I use lastpass. The plugins work very well and its pretty highly rated as far as security is concerned. If I'm on a computer that is not mine, I simply go to the lastpass website and sign in, then copy/paste my password if I don't know it offhand.

Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot