As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How come old [CHAT]s are always in black & white?

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    wandering wrote:
    old people are probably statistically more likely to be racists/homophobes/frank sinatra fans but there are lots of wonderful old people and lots of terrible, terrible young people and anyone who thinks I HATE OLD PEOPLE is a bigot.

OK. Fine. I'm a bigot. That's fine. I don't really care. Thanatos and I are pretty firm on this feeling. Walk a mile in my shoes etc.

yes you both make broad statements based on personal experience and apply it to everyone

very strongly and at least he will argue forever with anyone debating him

but hey. as long as you don't mind us calling you both bigots there is no real argument to have!

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    How long are smoke breaks, usually? Would there be any benefit to just pretending to be a smoker?

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I bet those cats died of second hand smoke

the new chili peppers' cd, coming out tuesday, is fucking great. different sounding, a lot of the songs are kinda dancy, very catchy, but really really fucking good. if you ever liked them, check it out.

I will be making similar posts to this again I'm sure, especially once I officially have it :D

now, laying down. later chat.

• DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote:
    Daxon wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    Daxon wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    A coworker of mine did an excel sheet once of all the extra time smokers take in breaks and calculated it over the past year, turned it into the director, and said that they owed him that much Annual leave.

Didn't work. But he made his point.

Did anything change?

Oh an email reminder was sent out about the amount of break time allowed. It didn't change anything.

That's such bs.

To be honest I would hate to be the boss who took away all the smoke breaks, I mean you would find dead cats on your desk after lunch and shit

Your healthcare costs would be reduced though!

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Daxon wrote:
    Wait has anyone invented a harmless cigarette yet?

Something that you physically light but all you inhale is water vapour (no, nicotine either).

Wait.. I am detecting problems with this already.

Unless you're lighting a cigarette made of hydrogen. This would be very dangerous.

They exist. Electronic cigarettes. No one uses them. I am not a smoker so I couldn't tell you why.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Almost everyone who doesn't smoke here uses snus. So like, I'm fucking up my lungs instead of my mouth.

ftOqU21.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I am going to drink alcohol tonight, I think

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    How long are smoke breaks, usually? Would there be any benefit to just pretending to be a smoker?

Mine are 4:30 - 5:00 a piece, 3-5 times a day.

5 minutes or so

5 minutes + the walk outside... usually just a couple minutes of relax time is enough to get me through quite a bit more of a boring job.

• DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    Daxon wrote:
    Wait has anyone invented a harmless cigarette yet?

Something that you physically light but all you inhale is water vapour (no, nicotine either).

Wait.. I am detecting problems with this already.

Unless you're lighting a cigarette made of hydrogen. This would be very dangerous.

They exist. Electronic cigarettes. No one uses them. I am not a smoker so I couldn't tell you why.

Nah I know about those.

But you don't physically light them, you just turn them on and they look lame.

I'm thinking of something with which you could 100% mimic the badassness (supposed) of looking like you're smoking but without any of the carcinogens or addictive substanes whatsoever.

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote:
    Evening, folks. I'm watching Highlander.

I'm watching Venture Bros.
    Ok, that's better, but they're not new episodes... right???

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Almost everyone who doesn't smoke here uses snus. So like, I'm fucking up my lungs instead of my mouth.

What an inescapable predicament!

there's nothing supposed about it

smoking makes you look cool

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote:
    Haphazard wrote:
    Evening, folks. I'm watching Highlander.

I'm watching Venture Bros.
    Ok, that's better, but they're not new episodes... right???

Nah, just season 4. They have that 15min short movie coming out on the 28th(?) of this month.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Elendil wrote:
    there's nothing supposed about it

smoking makes you look cool

:^:

Elendil just dropped some truth bombs.

Deebaser on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    If you could give me a stick I could put in my mouth, light and suck things out of I'd do that instead of smoking. It's the whole ritual not just the nicotine.

ftOqU21.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    man, I wish somebody in this game would have warned that I would need the upgrade that lets me punch through walls if I want to be stealthy

entendre intended

ftOqU21.png
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    man, I wish somebody in this game would have warned that I would need the upgrade that lets me punch through walls if I want to be stealthy

Nothing says stealth like you-shaped holes in the walls.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Daxon wrote:
    I need to watch Highlander at some point.

I feel it's probably one of those kind of good bad films I'd enjoy.

Just remember: there are no sequels.

also smoking is a 1000 times cooler than using snus

even if you hate smoking you would agree to this

ftOqU21.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

Hmm, I haven't really gotten anywhere yet where it's required for that, but I'm just on the first major boss.

He is a dumb, why is everything else in that game extraordinarily easy on the hardest difficulty thus far, but the boss is all like, have some instead death grenades, everywhere.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    If you could give me a stick I could put in my mouth, light and suck things out of I'd do that instead of smoking. It's the whole ritual not just the nicotine.
    Well, you can't light a pixie stick, but . . .

• stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:

My mom hasn't smoked since 1983 but she said even to this day sometimes she'll pour a cup of coffee and reach into her purse for a cigarette.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    TehSloth wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

Hmm, I haven't really gotten anywhere yet where it's required for that, but I'm just on the first major boss.

He is a dumb, why is everything else in that game extraordinarily easy on the hardest difficulty thus far, but the boss is all like, have some instead death grenades, everywhere.

I haven't gotten that far yet

but I'm at a place where it seems like my only options are to break through some back walls or to charge into a wide, open room full of guys

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I'll leave the funny in this quote as an exercise to the reader.
    Because the numbers for mb/s are bigger than the same numbers in Mb/s, and most people don't know the significance of the capitalization.

Abdhyius wrote:

My mom hasn't smoked since 1983 but she said even to this day sometimes she'll pour a cup of coffee and reach into her purse for a cigarette.

Coffee and cigarettes is fucking magical.

ftOqU21.png
    Echo wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

Just remember: there are no sequels.

Highlander 2 is awful but apparently there is a version that has been edited to be almost acceptable.

But I like it just because it is awful and has Sean Connery in it.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:

http://www.electricnicotine.com/

Breakin' the Habit 2: Electric Cigarettes

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    At home now, dealing with the fallout of my sister's low self esteem.

• Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Daxon wrote:

I just watched it a few months ago for the first time. Modern kung fu movies ruined it for me. The sword fighting is doughy white guys stumbling through the motions, not even Connery could save it for me. Also the idea of the highlander is really cool and I felt a little jilted that they don't really explore that at all.

Maybe I should reserve smoking for when it's fucking magical and not just whenever.

Actually, yeah. I think I'll do that.

ftOqU21.png
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    You're legally allowed to take 15 minute breaks in addition to a 30 minute unpaid lunch for most full-time work days.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

She's pregnant again?

• SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Echo wrote:
    I'll leave the funny in this quote as an exercise to the reader.
    Because the numbers for mb/s are bigger than the same numbers in Mb/s, and most people don't know the significance of the capitalization.

8->

Thats great

Abdhyius wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:

Coffee and cigarettes is fucking magical.

This is my favorite gym shirt.

Cougheez6nDetail.png

• PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular

Oh dear. Did her test results come back?

This discussion has been closed.