As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Scroll [Buttoneers] so good, like the butter on a muffin (Discount GET!)

• beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Sorry if I missed it, but, is there going to be a button drop/collection spot this year?

Yessum.

Still up at BYOC. I have to find a bucket to drop them in, but absolutely. I'm *expecting* to be back at PAX on Sunday to get the buttons to Gabe and Tycho at the SIGNING...but I may need somebody else to take on this venture depending on a few outside things that are...well, more important to me than this particular thing.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    beta_angel wrote:
    Sorry if I missed it, but, is there going to be a button drop/collection spot this year?

Yessum.

Still up at BYOC. I have to find a bucket to drop them in, but absolutely. I'm *expecting* to be back at PAX on Sunday to get the buttons to Gabe and Tycho at the Q/A...but I may need somebody else to take on this venture depending on a few outside things that are...well, more important to me than this particular thing.

I can handle getting a bucket made, labeled, and posted at BYOC if you want, especially since I'm taking part in BYOC and plan to be there around 7:30am on Friday since the husband is a theater manager. Just let me know!

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
    alegria, that would be stupendous and I would mucho grande appreciate. Please, do it!!

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    beta_angel wrote:

Yessum.

Still up at BYOC. I have to find a bucket to drop them in, but absolutely. I'm *expecting* to be back at PAX on Sunday to get the buttons to Gabe and Tycho at the Q/A...but I may need somebody else to take on this venture depending on a few outside things that are...well, more important to me than this particular thing.

I will take the buttons to Mordor!

... actually, though, I don't even see the Q&A on the schedule...

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    There is no Sunday Q&A this year. If there were to be a button drop-off, they would probably have to be handed off during their sunday signing.

E6LkoFK.png

beta_angel wrote:
    alegria, that would be stupendous and I would mucho grande appreciate. Please, do it!!

All right, consider it done. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    There is no Sunday Q&A this year. If there were to be a button drop-off, they would probably have to be handed off during their sunday signing.

That's what I meant.

The signing. Not the Q&A. Signing.

Signing.

Thank you alegria and Nomad!

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    I'll figure it out I'm sure, but... do you know where/when the Sunday signing is?

I have no idea. I know it's supposed to be a 3 hour one and I *hope* to be there, so I can at least go with you.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    I believe it's in the queue room.

E6LkoFK.png

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    williefayj wrote:
    Pika puff.. You should go to wackybutons.com They might be able to do you some buttons quickly. I ordered mine last mon and got them fri but I did regular shipping. You might be able to get your design in and have them fast shipped to ya. Just a suggestion!
    I caved in and did this. If I ordered 100 buttons, shipping would have cost more than the buttons. So I ordered 150. I had to do 1 day shipping otherwise they said it's possible I'd get the pins on saturday (possible) or monday (nope).

So I should have pins arriving to my hotel thursday or maybe friday. Yay.

here's a preview of my button
    7p2Kt.jpg

The hidden word is closer to the front this time because it seems that company has a smaller hidden back edge and because a lot of people missed my secret word on my vent crew buttons

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    alegria wrote:
    beta_angel wrote:

Yessum.

I can handle getting a bucket made, labeled, and posted at BYOC if you want, especially since I'm taking part in BYOC and plan to be there around 7:30am on Friday since the husband is a theater manager. Just let me know!

I'll be at BYOC at 7am prepping to check everyone in. I can start button collection then.

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    Awesome. Looks like the Behemoth lanyards of years past are the perfect size to string 1" buttons on.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    My group's buttons finally came in.
    DSC01817s.jpg
    On top there is simonwolf's button, with mine on the lower left and Infidel's on the lower right. Collect the whole set!

And for you aspiring Pokemon trainers out there wanting to challenge the PAX Pokemon League, I'm back with my badges and ready to take your challenges.
    DSC01818s.jpg
    Just don't be thinking that Natu's going to be the only one guarding them...
    DSC01819s.jpg

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • weewee Registered User regular
    I just received my buttons in the mail today too! I'm so excited!
    buttons-2011.jpg

The square one is my partner's, we ordered 250 and got 242 of them.

The smallest circular one is mine, ordered 250 and got 250 even.

The other 10 bigger circular ones are my bonus buttons. They came from Zazzle, as I only ordered 10 of each, and received exactly the amount I ordered as well.

• Reverend SnideReverend Snide Registered User regular
    PAXButton2011B.png

No easy way of uploading a photo of them, but these have arrived at my hotel. I'm officially ready for PAX now :)

Have miles, will travel | Twitter | XBL: Reverend Snide | Wii U/PSN: ReverendSnide
  • syraesyrae Registered User new member
    If you see me, by all means, you may have one! :D I will wear a few identical ones so people know which is mine. I tried to get 200, but I am unsure if I am getting shipped 150 or 200. I'll find out on Thursday. (Late order sadness!)
    alegria wrote:
    syrae wrote:
    I'm a second-time PAX attendee, and a first time buttoneer. I was so touched by those of you who offered me a button last year despite me not having much (or anything!) to trade. You made my time so much more fun and even got Paul and Storm to covet one that I had. I'll be bringing my very own design this year and join in the fun for realz!
    dNG7Jm.png
    The one thing that I am not so sure about... where do I put all the buttons that I'll be collecting from you guys? I'll be tempted to have them all on display, but there's no way a lanyard can hold them all.

I REQUIRE DRAGON BUTTON. REQUIRE. :)

Ok people, call to arms here.

Both Nomad and I are completely unavailable during the signing, so we can neither collect buttons OR present them to G&T.

Are there any non-[E] that would like to head up to BYOC on Sunday, pick up the buttons and the cork board, add the buttons and stand in line to get them to Gabe and Tycho? If I don't find anybody, we'll probably pass this off to an [E] that can hand it to them on Monday.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • CadynCadyn Registered User regular
    I forgot to mention the requirement for my bonus button. I'll ask the following question: "Will you make a contract with me and become a magical girl?" Don't be too offended, the question is the same for everyone. Say yes and receive button.

http://buttoneering.org/buttons/221

jonxp wrote:
    alegria wrote:
    beta_angel wrote:

Yessum.

I'll be at BYOC at 7am prepping to check everyone in. I can start button collection then.

I'll have the bucket and should be at BYOC around 7:30am, so no need to start collection before then I think. One less thing for you to worry about. :)
    beta_angel wrote:
    Ok people, call to arms here.

Both Nomad and I are completely unavailable during the signing, so we can neither collect buttons OR present them to G&T.

Are there any non-[E] that would like to head up to BYOC on Sunday, pick up the buttons and the cork board, add the buttons and stand in line to get them to Gabe and Tycho? If I don't find anybody, we'll probably pass this off to an [E] that can hand it to them on Monday.

What time is the signing? I'm going to the Girls Meetup breakfast, but don't currently have many other plans for Sunday. So I'll tentatively say yes depending on when the signing is...do you have the corkboard?

Rw4xnu6.png
  • EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    Aug 24, 2011 8:39 AM Package available for pickup at FedEx Office

I want my buttons!

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
    Yes, I'm providing the frame and the cork board.

Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it), the Girl's Meetup is right at the same time as the signing, which I believe starts at 11:30...which means somebody needs to be in line well before that.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
    I can do it, as long as someone else can attach the buttons.

edited August 2011
    Hm, that may mean that someone takes the buttons back with them Saturday night to do the attaching. I could do this, or possibly do it Sunday morning around 9am, and meet jonxp to hand it off before I leave for the Girls Meetup...

I've scavenged a chemical bottle from work, scrubbed it out, and cut a slot in it for depositing buttons. :) Now making a sign to attach to it and it will be all set.

(edit)
    Notice made and applied to the bottle. BigRed, there's nothing I had available to fit your buttons save five-gallon buckets, which are way overkill and won't fit on my motorcycle to get home anyway. If you want, I will be happy to personally take charge of the copies of your buttons to go on the display and ensure they make it. :)

The bottle I have set up should hold at least 200-250 1.5" - 2" buttons, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'll check it every so often and if it looks like it might overflow, I will empty out some of them and keep with my stuff in BYOC. I'll bring extra gallon zippy bags for the purpose. :)

alegria on
    Rw4xnu6.png
    edited August 2011
    Buttons! They are mine!
    11%252520-%2525201.jpg
    11%252520-%2525202.jpg

Enigmas on
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

• DannicusDannicus [E] Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Hi all. So as you know i have myself a nice Dangermouse round button as well as 50 spiffy Penfold bonus buttons. I devised a bit of an experiment for my bonus button. As I will be entering my first year as an Enforcer, I have given the vast majority of my standard buttons to my younger sister. She will be wearing one of my bonus buttons.
    PAXBONUSDAN.jpg

It's kind of a speak easy thing. Find her, Tell her " N3 sent me " She'll collect your button and she'll give you a specially marked regular button. She will then instruct you to come find me for the bonus button. Not willing to go the extra mile? That's ok too. For she is also authorized to complete a standard button trade for me.

For the strong of heart and noble of character, part two of your quest is to find me out and about. Show me that specially marked button and you shall receive one of my limited supplies of Bonus buttons.

I do hope you all will be game for this. A little quest to collect my bonus button. What do you say? Are you game?

Dannicus on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Need Penfold to be alongside Danger Mouse. Oh! I have a bag of my previous years' buttons set aside for you, I shall give that to your sister when we trade if you still want it.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    Speaking of, MY buttons finally arrived.
    6078709625_7ee7cdf5d3.jpg

Yep.

There's some fucking buttons, dudes.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • DannicusDannicus [E] Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Need Penfold to be alongside Danger Mouse. Oh! I have a bag of my previous years' buttons set aside for you, I shall give that to your sister when we trade if you still want it.

Consider it a trade Cap!

Dannicus wrote:
    I do hope you all will be game for this. A little quest to collect my bonus button. What do you say? Are you game?

Game is all I'm full of.

Wait.

But anyway, I also have a condition on my Minecraft Creeper Button (the hint is in the words):
    Basically, Creepers are Dicks and want to destroy your stuff. In order to replicate this in the real world, people have to give me something from their Swag Bag to get one of these.
    There are 100, because I'm a generous person and I want the most buttons possible, I am considering your bonus button to be swag.

Button Collection for Presentation to Mike and Jerry Information
    There will be a collection bottle at the BYOC desk on the sixth floor. Drop your button off in the bottle between 8am Friday and 9am Sunday if you want it to be included on the corkboard collection presented to Mike and Jerry. If your button is too big to fit in the collection bottle (BigRed is the only one I know of right now who has buttons that won't fit), please contact me personally (PM is easiest) to ensure I get one of your buttons for the board. You can try just leaving one next to the bottle, but while I'll be checking the bottle occasionally, I make no promises about what might happen to buttons left lying around near it and not inside the bottle.

At 9am on Sunday morning, I will be taking the bottle in order to put the buttons onto the corkboard frame for presentation. beta_angel is providing the corkboard and frame, and will be giving that to me directly or leaving it at the BYOC desk for me to pick up.

At 9:30am on Sunday morning, I will be handing off the completed corkboard frame to jonxp at the BYOC desk, and he will take it to the signing to present to Mike and Jerry. If you would like to go with him, coordinate a meetup with him or show up when I plan to hand off the corkboard to him.

Happy Buttoneering, everyone!

By the way, my request for those who are having quests/challenges for your bonus button - please be willing to remind people of them when they trade with you. I know I'm not going to remember all the things that people have said are required for their bonus button, but I'm happy to play along if reminded when I meet you. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
  • courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    Enigmas wrote:
    Dannicus wrote:

Game is all I'm full of.

Wait.

But anyway, I also have a condition on my Minecraft Creeper Button (the hint is in the words):
    Basically, Creepers are Dicks and want to destroy your stuff. In order to replicate this in the real world, people have to give me something from their Swag Bag to get one of these.
    There are 100, because I'm a generous person and I want the most buttons possible, I am considering your bonus button to be swag.

My bonus button is a minecraft button! And available to all as long as you don't say "Who's Notch?"

• starfx6464starfx6464 Registered User regular
    Wow, so many great buttons with only 100ish mediocre ones to give in return. I suppose next year I may have to order more (and come up with a better design). I'm actually considering it an experiment for myself just how many I'll have remaining by the end of day Sunday.

I have no requirements for my lonely button. Just know that if you see a grown man staring at you awkwardly as if he means to say something but finds himself incapable of speech, you just may have found me. I will trade with you assuming I have some left. If I have none left, name your price.

PAX East 2015 3 Day Badge [✓]
  • VadoBananeVadoBanane Registered User new member
    So, I'm new to PAX but I've wanted to go for some time. I had no idea there were groups that did awesome stuff like this and I'm kicking myself for not joining in the fun on the forums earlier. I promise I'm not looking to go around asking people to just give me buttons, I'm actually too shy in person to do so.

Though, honestly, some of them are SO awesome that I might get caught staring at some of you if I run across you tomorrow! No, my way is to instead start posting now, and hopefully be able to attend again next year after I've had time to "talk" a bit here in the forums.

• CalyaCalya Registered User regular
    I'm behind and I don't have the time to catch up on this thread, but is there a buttoneering twitter list? I'm bm0nies

• oO Wallace OooO Wallace Oo Registered User regular
    Note to self: Remember to take buttons out of my backpack at the next security check

• CalyaCalya Registered User regular
    oh hey if you guys need help attaching buttons to the board, just let me know.

• weewee Registered User regular
    Idea for the buttons that are too big to fit: tape a ziplock bag to the side of the bottle?

wee wrote:
    Idea for the buttons that are too big to fit: tape a ziplock bag to the side of the bottle?

That's a good idea, but I think the only one too big to fit are the 6" round and 4" square buttons that BigRed got this year - I just tested them both (since I got them when I got my BYOC pass a bit ago) and they definitely don't fit. I don't think anyone else has buttons that big, so it's probably simpler for me to just grab copies from BigRed and keep them with my stuff. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    I think I've finally decided on my designs
    BigDippercopy.jpg

and
    TARDISSEXYBLACKcopy.jpg

The two biggest things in my nerd life other than League of Legends lately.

Your buttons are not on the site! First day of trading, and already a slacker. :-)