As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jordyn's JLU Thread (PODCAST #2 Page 38)

JordynJordyn Really, Commander?Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Graphic Violence
Even though the series is out of production, there are still two episodes yet to air in the States!

On May 6th, the episode Alive! will air at 9:30 central, and the following week at the same time will be the series finale Destroyer.

It breaks my heart to see it end, but these last episodes were great and the series has had an overall amazing run.

But lo! There are other Timm/Dini-verse events to discuss. First being a couple of upcoming DVD releases, on June 20th. Season 2 of Justice League will be released and, thanks to fan griping, it will be in the original widescreen. I'm excited to see which episodes will have commentary. I don't see how they could not comment on A Better World, but there were so many great episodes that season, it's hard to guess which other ones will likely get commentary.

Also on that day, the final volume of Superman:TAS will be released. There's a lot of great episodes here as well. A great deal of Supes's encounters with Apokolips were towards the end of the series. We also get an appearance of Aquaman, and Kyle Rayner. There's also on of my favourite episodes, Knight Time, where Superman has to stand in for Batman when Bruce Wayne goes missing. Lots of great moments from that one.

Speaking of Superman DVDs, June 20th is also the release of the Direct-to-Video Superman movie, "Brainiac Attacks." I know a lot of the reasoning behind this movie is to help promote Superman Returns for the big screen. But according to Timm, a big point in the movie is going to be Clark finally revealing to Lois that when he takes off his glasses he's actually Superman. My big questions about this movie will be how and if it fits into continuity. Perhaps Timm/Dini will enlighten us at some point.

And, if you care (because I know I do!) the first volume of Krypto the Superdog also comes out on June 20th.

We've got more action figures coming too! I am totally looking forward to the next 3 pack of Justice Lords with Flash, GL, and Martian Manhunter. The Green Lantern Corps is getting another 3 pack of Katma, Kyle, and Arkis (even though he died in the first minute of Hearts and Minds in Season 2, I guess.) Some other figures we haven't seen before: Vixen, Dr. Light, Etrigan, Zatanna, Shining Knight, Ray, and Huntress. I am already saving money to buy these things and have my mom look at me like I'm crazy.

So, there's a bunch of stuff you might like to know about. I'm gonna try to keep this thread really on JLU and the Timm/Dini-verse. I'll be doing nice beefy updates from time to time with "episode introspectives" whatever the fuck that means, and a closer look at different aspects of the universe and all kinds of crap that really probably only I care about. You'll just have to put up with it.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
Jordyn on

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Oh, low fat, thank goodness.

I was getting huge from buying those regular JLU threads.

Seriously though, we need that JL vs. CSA movie that has been talked about.

Sars_Boy on
  • Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Oh, low fat, thank goodness.

I was getting huge from buying those regular JLU threads.

Seriously though, we need that JL vs. CSA movie that has been talked about.

As long as it isn't sweetened with Splenda, I think we're all good here.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • The LuggageThe Luggage Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I'd love me some more Justice Lords.

The Luggage on
    Interminable
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Would you guys enjoy it if I did like...episode synopsis and tidbits and such? I think I'd work my way through Justice League, but probably throw in some of the more memorable Superman, Batman, and Batman Beyond stuff.

Hell, maybe even Static Shock. *weh weh*

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    So, it would be like a review, only it would be in Jordyn-speak? Quips and banter and enthusiasm and all of that?

If so, GOD YES.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Would you guys enjoy it if I did like...episode synopsis and tidbits and such? I think I'd work my way through Justice League, but probably throw in some of the more memorable Superman, Batman, and Batman Beyond stuff.

Hell, maybe even The Zeta Project *weh weh*

Munch on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Why is this low-fat?

Are you trying to tell me something?

Oh god...

/purges

Bloods End on
    edited May 2006
    You know, I've been thinking.

In the animated universe, Superman and Supergirl aren't really cousins, right?

So, in the name of preserving the Kryptonian race, they could pretty much have problem-free sex, right?

In the name of preserving their species, of course.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
    edited May 2006
    Technically, she's not even from Krypton, she's from the nearby planet, Argos.

So while it wouldn't be incest, it also really wouldn't be preserving anything.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    edited May 2006
    Harrier wrote:

So, in the name of preserving the Kryptonian race, they could pretty much have problem-free sex, right?

8 posts in and we're already on super-sex.

I think thats a record.

Bloods End on
    edited May 2006
    Are Argosians really that different from Kryptonians?

I recall hearing that Supergirl has a slight resistance to Kryptonite, but I don't think there are any other differences. Argos was basically a colony world of Krypton.

Harrier on
    edited May 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Harrier wrote:

I think thats a record.

Do you have a problem with this?

Sars_Boy on
    edited May 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Harrier wrote:

I think thats a record.

Do you have a problem with this?

I'm just so proud.

Bloods End on
    edited May 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Harrier wrote:

I think thats a record.

129.jpg

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    That's actually a good point. Despite being almost entirely extinct, I don't think I've ever seen Superman or any other Kryptonians ever being concerned about recreating the species.

Scooter on
    edited May 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    That's actually a good point. Despite being almost entirely extinct, I don't think I've ever seen Superman or any other Kryptonians ever being concerned about recreating the species.

In the Superman episode where he frees the criminals from the Phantom Zone the girl talks about it.

Bloods End on
    edited May 2006
    SON OF A BITCH

Bloods End on
    edited May 2006
    Scooter wrote:

I suppose it hasn't really occurred to him, since he sees himself as more human than Kryptonian. And if it has, it's only given him additional impetus to go after Lois.

But could he even have children with Lois? Even if sex is possible, which it probably is, there's no guarantee procreation would result.

Harrier on
    edited May 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Scooter wrote:

In the Superman episode where he frees the criminals from the Phantom Zone the girl talks about it.

I think I'll totally watch that episode again tonight then. And I will come back a total expert about this question.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    edited May 2006
    Harrier wrote:
    Scooter wrote:

I suppose it hasn't really occurred to him, since he sees himself as more human than Kryptonian. And if it has, it's only given him additional impetus to go after Lois.

But could he even have children with Lois? Even if sex is possible, which it probably is, there's no guarantee procreation would result.
    Mallrats wrote:
    T.S.: But they're engaged.

Brodie: Doesn't matter, can't happen.

T.S.: Why not? It's bound to come up.

Brodie: It's impossible, Lois could never have Superman's baby. Do you think her fallopian tubes could handle the sperm? I gurantee you he blows a load like a shotgun right through her back. What about her womb? Do you think it's strong enough to carry her child?

T.S.: Sure, why not?

Brodie: He's an alien, for christ sake. His Kyrptonian biological makeup is enhanced by earth's yellow sun. If Lois gets a tan the kid could kick right through her stomach. Only someone like Wonder Woman has a strong enough uterus to carry his kid. The only way he could bang regular chicks is with a kryptonite condom. That would kill him!

Sars_Boy on
    edited May 2006
    Just use red sun radiation ambience.

The Luggage on
    Interminable
  • RocielRociel Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Harrier wrote:
    Scooter wrote:

Mallrats wrote:
    T.S.: But they're engaged.

Brodie: Doesn't matter, can't happen.

T.S.: Why not? It's bound to come up.

Brodie: It's impossible, Lois could never have Superman's baby. Do you think her fallopian tubes could handle the sperm? I gurantee you he blows a load like a shotgun right through her back. What about her womb? Do you think it's strong enough to carry her child?

T.S.: Sure, why not?

Brodie: He's an alien, for christ sake. His Kyrptonian biological makeup is enhanced by earth's yellow sun. If Lois gets a tan the kid could kick right through her stomach. Only someone like Wonder Woman has a strong enough uterus to carry his kid. The only way he could bang regular chicks is with a kryptonite condom. That would kill him!

Ah, but what about a magic condom? Or a condom that has been irradiated by a Red Sun?

Rociel on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006

Actually that is the best and most logical choice of all. The let down is that she would have to stay in that enviroment constantly. Or at least have it set in thier home so every evening and night she gets re"soaked" in red UV rays.

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

edited May 2006
    Of course, the problem with the Mallrats suggestion is that we can't be sure Diana's compatible with Clark, either. It's probably a closer match, but there's no way of knowing without them doing the deed.

Harrier on
    edited May 2006
    It's just supposed to be funny. :(

Sars_Boy on
    edited May 2006
    29.jpg

oh hello superman want to have sex.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    edited May 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:

WELL IT ISN'T

COMIC BOOKS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS

98.jpg

Harrier on
    edited May 2006
    Harrier wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:

WELL IT ISN'T

COMIC BOOKS ARE SEXY BUSINESS

jlu_zatanna.jpg

Bloods End on
    edited May 2006
    God, that Wonder Woman image is fucking creepy.

Sars_Boy on
    edited May 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Harrier wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:

WELL IT ISN'T

COMIC BOOKS ARE SEXY BUSINESS

jlu_zatanna.jpg

109.jpg

Harrier on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Batman looks like a little kid trying to supress a cry after his favorite toy breaks.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited May 2006

Actually that is the best and most logical choice of all. The let down is that she would have to stay in that enviroment constantly. Or at least have it set in thier home so every evening and night she gets re"soaked" in red UV rays.

Kryptonians don't absorb enough sunlight to become Super until their teens. I think we can rule out super-natal injuries.

The Luggage on
    Interminable
  • CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited May 2006

Kryptonians don't absorb enough sunlight to become Super until their teens. I think we can rule out super-natal injuries.

But if that's the case, Kryptonians straight out of the Phantom Zone should be no more of a threat than regular human beings. It seems to me to be less of a case of 'amount of radiation absorbed' than an age thing.

In either case, super-natal injuries are still no real threat. Lois can presumably have Superman's child, by this still doesn't save the species; the baby is only half-Kryptonian, and with each subsequent generation the genepool will be diluted. Very rapidly the Kyrptonian heritage of Superman's descendants would be negligable.

So no matter what, the only way to save the species involves massive amounts of incest.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Bizarro is kind of Kryptonian.

Right?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited May 2006
    Charmy wrote:

But if that's the case, Kryptonians straight out of the Phantom Zone should be no more of a threat than regular human beings. It seems to me to be less of a case of 'amount of radiation absorbed' than an age thing.

In either case, super-natal injuries are still no real threat. Lois can presumably have Superman's child, by this still doesn't save the species; the baby is only half-Kryptonian, and with each subsequent generation the genepool will be diluted. Very rapidly the Kyrptonian heritage of Superman's descendants would be negligable.

So no matter what, the only way to save the species involves massive amounts of incest.

Well, you could have Supes have sex with a load of ladies, then use a selective breeding program to isolate Kryptonian attributes.

Of course, this requires lots of superpolygamy.

The Luggage on
    Interminable
    edited May 2006
    He doesn't have to marry them, Luggage. He's just gotta Superbang 'em.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited May 2006
    Which raises the problem of character. Superman is a Boy Scout; there's no way he'd be with more than one person, ever.
    Mysst wrote:

Right?

No one wants to bear Bizarro's child.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
    edited May 2006
    Charmy wrote:
    Which raises the problem of character. Superman is a Boy Scout; there's no way he'd be with more than one person, ever.
    Mysst wrote:

Right?

It's not a matter of choice, really. I mean, it's fucking Bizarro. You gotta say you want his baby and quick, or you'll be getting Bizarro-ed.

But then, he does everything backward, so he'd probably stick it in her pooper.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited May 2006
    Mysst wrote:
    Charmy wrote:
    Mysst wrote:

Right?

It's not a matter of choice, really. I mean, it's fucking Bizarro. You gotta say you want his baby and quick, or you'll be getting Bizarro-ed.

This man wins.

On an unrelated subject, how many people here are waiting until the US airdate to watch the Finale? As a Canadian I've already seen it, but I'm curious as to whether our American friends have decided to wait it out or download it now.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
    edited May 2006
    Charmy wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    Charmy wrote:
    Mysst wrote:

Right?

This man wins.

On an unrelated subject, how many people here are waiting until the US airdate to watch the Finale? As a Canadian I've already seen it, but I'm curious as to whether our American friends have decided to wait it out or download it now.

I downloaded it and watched it about 26 bazillion times.

Sars_Boy on