As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Rock Band Freeplay Find-A-Band Thread

MelceneMelcene Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
edited August 2011 in PAX Archive
EDIT: There is no Rock Band Freeplay this year at PAX. Booo Harmonix! :(

melcene-wide.png
mogablah-BlackUserbar.gif
Melcene on

• Options
    And I'm not sure why this thread won't keep my thread title :(

melcene-wide.png
  • Options
    TeletheusTeletheus Registered User regular
    See if it'll let you edit the title now that you've made the post. I had to do that on the thread I started for tonight's dinner.

(Also, I'm the proverbial utility infielder in Rock Band, so I can play anything you need, although my favorite is probably drums. Not available Saturday afternoon, though.)

PSN/XBL/Steam/Twitter: Teletheus
  • Options
    Aha! Yep, was able to fix the title. Thanks!

melcene-wide.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I'll be in and out of the freeplay area between panels, probably mostly doing Rock Band, so I wouldn't mind joining anyone.

I do mostly Expert Bass, can do a bit of Hard Guitar also, though the solos usually destroy me.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I dont think there is a Rock Band free play setup this year.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    PastyPasty cutscenesmith Registered User regular
    i asked one of the console freeplay enforcers about this and he confirmed that there is zero rock band presence this year. no stage, no materials/instruments/setups in console freeplay (at least there weren't when i checked), and when i passed by harmonix's booth it looked like the entire booth was devoted to dance central. usually hmx is pretty big on bringing down at least one setup, so i was a bit surprised.

• Options
    timdorrtimdorr Registered User regular
    If you still need a drummer, I'm ranked in the top 400-500 (depending on how you look at it) on the Xbox leaderboards. My username is my Twitter and Facebook account, so hunt me down that way. I *love* to drum :D

• Options
    Pasty wrote:
    i asked one of the console freeplay enforcers about this and he confirmed that there is zero rock band presence this year. no stage, no materials/instruments/setups in console freeplay (at least there weren't when i checked), and when i passed by harmonix's booth it looked like the entire booth was devoted to dance central. usually hmx is pretty big on bringing down at least one setup, so i was a bit surprised.

I noticed that myself today. VERY disappointed. Will update the original post.

melcene-wide.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Yep I asked and even though Rock Bands 1-3 were on the games list, they said they weren't going to be checking out instruments.

Oh well.

• Options
    AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    That is very very disappointing. Rock Band Freeplay has been a staple of late night PAX for me, sad to see it go.

• Options
    KaneBlaireauKaneBlaireau Registered User regular
    SO disappointed! Rock Band Freeplay has always been a PAX highlight for me. Maybe next yer. :(