As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Amazon Credit -- Where is it?

urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I bought a Kinect on Amazon.com a month or so ago because they had a promotional $25 credit when you purchased it. I'm assuming that was added to my account, but I cannot for the life of me find where to actually see it. Does anyone have any ideas??

It wasn't an instant thing, because I still paid full price for the thing.

urahonky on

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Usually when there's a promotional credit, it's either applied at checkout automatically or emailed as a code that you can enter.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The promotion code is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel it at any time.
    Each promotion code can be used only once, unless otherwise specified.
    Each promotion code applies only to qualifying items.
    Each promotion code applies only to new products sold and shipped by Amazon. It does not apply to the same products sold by other sellers.
    The promotion is subject to all restrictions set forth in the offer.
    If the promotion has a minimum purchase requirement, taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply toward the minimum purchase amount.
    The promotion applies only to orders shipped to the same address.
    The promotion code is not transferrable and may not be resold.
    If you return items purchased using a promotion code, we will subtract the value of the promotion code from your return credit.
    Promotion codes may not be combined with other offers.
    Limit one promotion code per customer.
    Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
    Void where prohibited.
    If you violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid, and the promotional code discount will not apply.

That might be my problem... Sigh... I could have used that $25 credit. The email I got said it would automatically be taken off the next purchase. But I've made 4 purchases since:

12 Month XBL Card (online download)
    Textbook
    Textbook
    Deus Ex: HR (online download)

But I think two of them (the online downloads) I used one click purchasing.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Each promotion code applies only to qualifying items.

This is also something important to remember that I forgot to mention. It's possible that since you got the promo credit from purchasing Kinect, it might only be applicable to other game purchases. That aren't purchased through 1-Click of course.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Not a fan of no deleting.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    If you go to Amazon's MP3 store and click on an item (don't buy it), on the right near the "Buy MP3..." button there's a text link, "Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance".

It'll list any e-credit you have.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    Shit. It says $0 for all of the categories. :(

• Options
    Best thing to do is to contact Amazon, they're really helpful with this type of issue.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Do you see anything if you try to buy a regular (physical) item?

I had gotten one of those e-credit things, and it was hard to find, but it did apply it.

Just give them a call - I actually got a refund for an e-album because they didn't apply the credit which said was for "Amazon MP3". https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    You made four purchases since? It's probably been used. Check your e-mail. The invoices should tell you how the items were paid for.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I double checked all of them and $25 wasn't taken from any of them.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    They usually send you an email once they've added the credit to your account too, so if you didn't get one there's definitely something wrong there.