As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Zeboyd Games Megathread]: Penny Arcade Adventures Ep 3 Out NOW!

• MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    This gives me further reason to save up for PAX East next year, if they're going to be showing it off there.

• SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    I come home from an incredibly long day to get mindfucked by this news. But mindfucked in a good way.

I am so happy for your guys, and almost as happy that I'll get to play PA Adventures Episode 3. this has officially made my entire week.

• ChanceChance Registered User regular
    We are all so proud of you guys. This will be the awesomest.

If it doesn't come to PSN I'll commit murder.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    That is pretty awesometastic news.

• RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote:
    We are all so proud of you guys. This will be the awesomest.

If it doesn't come to PSN I'll commit murder.

I...but...you...you have a fucking 360

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

I'm up for more beta testing when it's ready guys. Bring it on!

camo_sig.png
  • lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular
    Yay for Zeboyd!

Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    yay i was sad the turd game never got maid

obF2Wuw.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    This is pretty cool. I really enjoyed the first two games, so I really want to see where this goes.

• VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I think this will be better than the first two episodes.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    All I want to know is: when/where can I preorder?

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    Speculations! My guess is episode 3 will be closer resembling the BoDVII/CStW games than the first two episodes, and I think they are going to revamp the gameplay and combat system for this one. I suspect something along the lines of Super Mario RPG: The Penny Arcade edition.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    First off: Congratulations to slash and RD, that's just fantastic news, your two prior games are awesome and if you keep this kind of streak going I can see you guys being regarded as major players in the downloadable space, along the lines of a Twisted Pixel, Q-Games or Thatgamecompany where people know that there's a certain level of style and quality they can expect from you. Great job, guys!

I am curious about the battle system. While I used to be a lot more into JRPGs and have been...less so in recent years, BoDVII and CSTW both eliminated a lot of annoying conventions that typically go hand-in-hand with that type of game. I love the battle system for their past two games, but I also love PA Adventures' frenetically-paced battle system. If it ends up being some sort of weird hybrid of the two or more like one than the other, I'm all for it.

Or shit, go nuts, whatever. You guys have my support and you'll always have my purchasing dollars.

• DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Rainbow, slash, you two are fucking incredible. I never would have expected another PA Adventures game, let alone it being your next project. It sounds like the gig is a perfect fit for you.

Keep it up and take my monies.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Thanks for all the positive comments! We're very excited to say the least. :)

• AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    So this is what vigor in all my limbs is supposed to feel like.

soempty.jpg
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Can I ask what tech you'll be using? I would be psyched to see another high-profile Xna game out there.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Pray for Summer of Arcade

Holy fuck that would be awesome

• Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular

I seriously just found out about this via the Facebook news feed. That teaser image is pretty awesome, btw. Anyway, you know how sometimes (very fucking rarely) you hear some shit and it literally sounds too good to be true? That's what this is. The magnificent motherfuckers who made BoD7 and CSTW are making Precipice 3? If my sinuses weren't still burning from the soda I accidentally inhaled, I'd swear I was dreaming.

Which brings me to my next question: Does anyone have any advice on how to clean Pepsi off of an LCD screen?

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Pray for Summer of Arcade

Holy fuck that would be awesome

Ugh, I hope not. Making it a timed exclusive just so you can be part of a XBLA promotion, when the other versions already exist, is pretty scummy in my opinion. And I don't really see how it's worth it, since I seriously doubt XBLA will make up the numbers you otherwise would've sold being multiplatform.

Anyway, congrats Rainbow and Slash. Looking forward to it.

A few questions though. Are you guys working on games full-time now? I was hoping the Steam release of BoD did well enough to get you guys working full time on games. Can you talk about how this idea came up? And how much input will Mike and Jerry have? I assume they're a lot less hands-on than before, since the workload is why they dropped it in the first place?

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Absolutely incredible news. You blokes at Zeboyd deserve this for sure.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    This will be interesting. Congratulations. It would be neat if it was FF6 style this time. Time to expand the team!

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Praise! Moar praise! Zeboyd Games is a company I've come to like and trust and if you ever need a Community Manager because your company has expanded to the point of needing one, I'll happily apply along with everyone else. :P

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    So cool. Wow. So incredibly cool.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • RBachRBach Registered User regular
    Speculations! My guess is episode 3 will be closer resembling the BoDVII/CStW games than the first two episodes, and I think they are going to revamp the gameplay and combat system for this one. I suspect something along the lines of Super Mario RPG: The Penny Arcade edition.

I would buy this 5 times. I'm (probably) not even exaggerating one bit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    RBach wrote:

I would buy this 5 times. I'm (probably) not even exaggerating one bit.

I bought BoD and CStW on Xbox, then I bought 4 copies of each on Steam (one copy for me, three for friends). So I guess I'll go ahead and buy 5 copies of this too, though I'll wait and just buy them all on Steam this time.

JtgVX0H.png
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    This announcement came at a fantastic time for me because I'm on a huge Lovecraft kick right now. Reading through a huge chunk of his stories and DMing the Call of Cthulhu RPG for the first time has really put me in the mood to replay the first two PAAs.

soempty.jpg
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    This is very phat with a capital phat.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Let me be the first to say this is awesome news. Because it is awesome news.

forumsig.png
  • Gaspode_TGaspode_T Registered User regular
    You guys really need to wander into the Indie Games channel, there are so many hidden gems in there and most of the devs are truly basement/garage devs so your dollar really does help them out. The dev of Hypership out of Control for example has a full time job and is somehow miraculously finding time after work to code (and he has a family as well). There is crap to wade through but some sites are featuring indie game reviews more and more like extraguy and there's the rotating Kotaku's Favorites list too.

I'm so happy for Zeboyd, this is +1 for the optimistic indie dev.

Gaspode The Talking Wonder Dog
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gaspode_t TwitPic: http://twitpic.com/photos/gaspode_t
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I'm cautiously optimistic that this episode will run on my machine (and assuming that a PS3 version is wishful thinking.)
    Who am I kidding, the money is already spent regardless. Just take it you monsters!
    Who I for one welcome as our new overlords.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    Wanted to throw my congrats at Zeboyd. I own all the Zeboyd games that I can own, twice! Now I have a third to add to the collection. PAA:ORPD 3 is in great hands!

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • HammerNinjaHammerNinja Omaha, NERegistered User regular
    I suspect something along the lines of Super Mario RPG: The Penny Arcade edition.

Rainbow and Slash, make this happen and I will mail you my wallet.

XBL: RedSky5 | Steam: RedSky1
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Congrats again, and it was great meeting you two at PAX!

Lemme tell you all, folks, RD plays one mean game of Pac-Man 8->

Since you're likely not doing a kickstarter... any chance of community involvement? I thought the donating thing to get our name (or sprite!) into the game was a great idea and it'd be fitting for this to continue somehow.

Also please make sure I can make my Charles Barkley like I did in the first two PA Adventures. :bz

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    this is one of the best possible things. :D

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    Thanks again everyone :)
    B:L wrote:
    Congrats again, and it was great meeting you two at PAX!

Lemme tell you all, folks, RD plays one mean game of Pac-Man 8->

It was cool meeting you as well! And man, RD won that Pacman tournament. Can't say I did too great in the SF tournament haha.

• lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    You guys got mentioned in the Bombcast. They seemed to think it was a good fit to make PA games.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I have some comments/questions guys.

1) Please make select characters from your earlier games playable as secret characters or something, namely Cthulu and Dem.

2) I am curious as to how this came about. Did you approach them or did they you? Tell us a story! Are you guys hiring more people to work on it or are you two still the only ones doing it? Do you have more funds to work with this time since it's a full blown XBLA game, or maybe because it's a major property?

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    You guys got mentioned in the Bombcast. They seemed to think it was a good fit to make PA games.

Sweet. I remember they did one of their quicklook videos of CSTW and BODVII. I'll have to check out the latest bombcast now
    Brainiac 8 wrote:
    I have some comments/questions guys.

2) I am curious as to how this came about. Did you approach them or did they you? Tell us a story! Are you guys hiring more people to work on it or are you two still the only ones doing it? Do you have more funds to work with this time since it's a full blown XBLA game, or maybe because it's a major property?

There was a forum post quite some time ago, suggesting that perhaps we could produce the next PAA game. RD responded and said that we'd certainly like to if they ever asked us / after we finished our current project. Not long after that Robert Khoo got in touch with us! :)

We're still a two-man team; and Alex Mauer is working with us to provide the music. As far as funds (and platforms for that matter), we can't say the details yet!