As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Horde PvP,Obsidian Spur,Sargeras: Recruiting!

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    HybridSora wrote:
    :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am bread from Social entropy.

Being apart of OS/TX, I will consume because i am really fat the newlings.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    So far this has been my best experience Horde side, I don't know if it is me liking the Priest, or my enjoying Obsidian Spur. There hasn't been alot of stuff happening guild wise for me. So probably just me enjoying playing a noobling Shadow Priest.

Seg on
  • Options
    XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Evidence of our first Chromag kill!

c57e217c84.jpg

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    i'm thinking of coming back to this game. how is the state of BG's, and is there any chance i could raid? i've never raided before so i'm guessing i wouldn't be welcome on any main raids or anything, but is there a noob raid group or something? if i can't raid and BG's are sucking then there's really no reason for me to return though.

chuck steak on
  • Options
    ArcticXCArcticXC Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Crazy.. we haven't had a single taut dragonhide drop yet.

ArcticXC on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    ArcticXC wrote:
    Crazy.. we haven't had a single taut dragonhide drop yet.
    Count yourself lucky then.

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    prawnstar69prawnstar69 Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Yeah, I live in Europe.. :\

So, are there any European PA guilds?

I didn't see anyone else answer so here I go.

I've been playing since EU retail release, at first we formed the Obsidian Spur EU on Shadow Moon, a horde guild which will forever hold my best WoW memories.

I was on a bit of a WoW break and when I returned the OS had split, apparently there was a bit of bickering within the guild and a good chunk of members left. The rest ended up scattering and OS EU was disbanded.

Most of the original OS joined a guild, I forget the name now. I didn't as I heard there was a fair bit of bickering still within the new guild, I joined a handful of ex-OS'ers in Claws of the Kitten and we all went on fairly well.

Then Shadow Moon was up for migration to a new server, Magtheridon. As Shadow Moon was quickly becoming some kind of crazy Romanian server 99% of people moved over to Magtheridon.

This caused more disruption, a handful of ex-OS'ers joined <Guild> who quickly became a harcore endgame raiding guild. As I had a bit of a break I was lagging behind and didn't get into <Guild> as I'm not attuned to any endgame stuff and my fire resistance sucks.

I, and a couple of others joined <Sacrifice> who are a fairly small guild everyone pretty much in the same boat I'm in, level 60 but not yet ready for endgame raids.

I think a few Penny Arcaders play Alliance on Zenedar, but I've not been around on Zen. much.

So to answer your question, finally, yes-ish, but there's not a true PA guild anymore and there probably won't be now.

:cry:

prawnstar69 on
    Bana84.png
  • Options
    TheBurritoManTheBurritoMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    i'm thinking of coming back to this game. how is the state of BG's, and is there any chance i could raid? i've never raided before so i'm guessing i wouldn't be welcome on any main raids or anything, but is there a noob raid group or something? if i can't raid and BG's are sucking then there's really no reason for me to return though.
    When you were Calef'd, you inherited some phat epix. Think about it.

TheBurritoMan on
    lawl0mo.gif
  • Options
    Vanilla CokeVanilla Coke Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Oh man, Calef'd.

Vanilla Coke on
  • Options
    TheBurritoManTheBurritoMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Do you find something wrong with being Calef'd?

TheBurritoMan on
    lawl0mo.gif
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited May 2006

really? :shock:

that rocks my socks

edit: also, what's the best compilation mod out there right now? the more minimalistic/useful the better.

chuck steak on
  • Options
    Vanilla CokeVanilla Coke Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Do you find something wrong with being Calef'd?
    Thar be nothing wrong with being Calef'd. In fact, I heard it's quite juicy.

Vanilla Coke on
  • Options
    SulecristSulecrist Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Any new folk that come to OS will be loved by me. We don't have enough lowbies, which makes levelling alts harder.

We'll twink you. A lot.

Sulecrist on
    anewsigforgrul0nb.jpg
  • Options
    SilentCoconutSilentCoconut Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I'll take some twink, please.

SilentCoconut on
  • Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    To the 60 troll shadow priest Ashti:

Suck it.

Kind Regards,

- Mcduff, the paladin you attempted to gank in Felwood. GG.

- :D

P.S. OS rules btw.

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    [STG]Bean[STG]Bean Registered User regular
    edited May 2006

Chuck, good to hear from you again. We seem to be short a bit on good, raiding mages, so there is a chance you could raid, although you would be raiding MC and not BWL. MC is Tuesday/Thursday, and I'm pretty sure we have space for a good mage. Our BWL raid is pretty filled up, and you would need much better gear before we brought you into BWL. You can of course run ZG and AQ whenever they are run, just depends on who's leading the runs and whether they fit your schedule.

BG's I don't know much about. Look forward to you coming back.

Stormtrail

[STG]Bean on
    Signature1.bmp
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Sulecrist wrote:
    Any new folk that come to OS will be loved by me. We don't have enough lowbies, which makes levelling alts harder.

We'll twink you. A lot.
    he is a liar and will rape your inner child

tyrannus on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Rentilius wrote:
    Sulecrist wrote:

We'll twink you. A lot.
    he is a liar and will rape your inner soul

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2006
    3lwap0 wrote:
    To the 60 troll shadow priest Ashti:

Suck it.

Kind Regards,

- Mcduff, the paladin you attempted to gank in Felwood. GG.

- :D

P.S. OS rules btw.
    I am a Discipline Priest, first off, and secondly I was outnumbered like, 3-1. Had I been shadow, it might have turned out differently.

Funny story, I had been doing the same thing to another Paladin moments earlier. Dismount, fear, dismount, fear. My ultimate goal was to get a Mind Control off, but I feared her into a tree and lost sight of her. Then I saw you.

Now you have awoken the lumbering beast Azou, who shall gank you until you shield/hearth. It takes more than a few pissant lowbies to stop the Raging Rancher!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    @Chuck.

As far as MC goes, we had some seroius DPS problems last week, mostly because Jarth and I were the only mages, and we arent exactly ideally geared for these start to Golemagg speed runs. We also took a lot of new rogues that night so progress was a bit slow, but we came out allright and still got Golemagg down in time.

On start to Golemagg nights, It's usually jsut me and jarth, and Arcanum. and Ros comes too, but I think he's geared for that part of MC, he just comes to help and get the DKP to use on Thurs Domo/Rag. so thats 4 mages whom usually come. If we could just have a 5th, that would help us a lot.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Sulecrist wrote:

We'll twink you. A lot.
    if you come as a druid, ill give you a hug.

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    OnionknightOnionknight Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    tsplitter wrote:
    Sulecrist wrote:

We'll twink you. A lot.

hmmm I could be persuaded to level another Druid to 60....

Onionknight on
    730885PbAdw.png
  • Options
    Mad JazzMad Jazz gotta go fast AustinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    @Chuck.

As far as MC goes, we had some seroius DPS problems last week, mostly because Jarth and I were the only mages, and we arent exactly ideally geared for these start to Golemagg speed runs. We also took a lot of new rogues that night so progress was a bit slow, but we came out allright and still got Golemagg down in time.

On start to Golemagg nights, It's usually jsut me and jarth, and Arcanum. and Ros comes too, but I think he's geared for that part of MC, he just comes to help and get the DKP to use on Thurs Domo/Rag. so thats 4 mages whom usually come. If we could just have a 5th, that would help us a lot.

At least the 8 rogues made up for the lack of mages. :roll:

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    sleepdeamonsleepdeamon Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    hmm i should roll a hord toon on sarg...maby caster of sorts

sleepdeamon on
    10552_2e7269f1a1ee28e0.png
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    We need consistent warlocks more than anything.

Jeffro on
    Pokemon Diamond Code: 0000 9809 8396
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    tsplitter wrote:
    Sulecrist wrote:

We'll twink you. A lot.

perhaps anal sex in a vat of warm ranch dressing could help persuade you.

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    MoridinMoridin Registered User regular
    edited May 2006

really? :shock:

that rocks my socks

edit: also, what's the best compilation mod out there right now? the more minimalistic/useful the better.

Chuck, I think I left you off with about -180 DKP, but 5/8 arcanist...or something like that.

Might be 4/8 with a good nonset epic...don't remember...

Moridin on
    sig10008eq.png
  • Options
    SulecristSulecrist Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Rentilius wrote:
    Sulecrist wrote:

We'll twink you. A lot.
    he is a liar and will rape your inner soul

Don't listen to them; they're just jealous because I get to wear the fancy hat.

Sulecrist on
    anewsigforgrul0nb.jpg
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Hey you cool Obsidian Spur dudes, get all your Horde buddies to petition a GM about my (Matrimm) name, if I get enough complaints I can log in and change it, and since I own Matrim, it'll be sweet. :0

whoo

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    Donkey.PatrolDonkey.Patrol Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I ran into a couple of OS guys in UC a couple days ago. I was like, "kick-ass guild name fellas! I love me some Penny Arcade." The response I got was...

"What's Penny Arcade?"

:(

Anywho, I would apply to join but I am already in a guild w/ guys I have been gaming with for a few years (ex-FPS clan). However, if any of your lowbies need a hand running instances, questing or whatever, hit me up in game. The name's Donkette. 45 enh/elem Shammy on Sargeras (obviously).

Donkey.Patrol on
  • Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I ran into a couple of OS guys in UC a couple days ago. I was like, "kick-ass guild name fellas! I love me some Penny Arcade." The response I got was...

"What's Penny Arcade?"
    I'd assume those are new kids from the merger - probably not representative of us as a whole. Especially if there was no penis joke involved.

Also for those of you scoring at home: the OS forums seem to be unplugged at the moment.

wrong_button on
  • Options
    edited May 2006

"What's Penny Arcade?"
    I'd assume those are new kids from the merger - probably not representative of us as a whole. Especially if there was no penis joke involved.

Also for those of you scoring at home: the OS forums seem to be unplugged at the moment.

The Naked Dancing Gnome caused the internet to implode.

Seg on
  • Options
    OnionknightOnionknight Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    tsplitter wrote:
    tsplitter wrote:
    Sulecrist wrote:

We'll twink you. A lot.

mmmm you speak my language. Ok I will bite and roll a druid tonight on whatever server you guys are on. Sargeras, right?

Who can I send a whisper too about getting into the fun?

Onionknight on
    730885PbAdw.png
  • Options
    [STG]Bean[STG]Bean Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    tsplitter wrote:
    tsplitter wrote:
    Sulecrist wrote:

We'll twink you. A lot.

mmmm you speak my language. Ok I will bite and roll a druid tonight on whatever server you guys are on. Sargeras, right?

Who can I send a whisper too about getting into the fun?

Any member in good standing can invite you. Especially if you come from the PA forums. We do have a lot of people that are not PA affiliated these days, which was really the whole point of this thread. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite happy with the guild right now, but it's always good to re-infuse it with some chewy PA goodness.

If you have any questions or suggestions for the guild in-game, look me up.

-Stormtrail
    GM

[STG]Bean on
    Signature1.bmp
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    You can do what I did, typing in /who Obsidian Spur and then ask people who are on which person you should talk to about a /ginvite.

I got unlucky my first couple of days, catching people who were afk, or times when there were no officers available. But then I tried Erinyes.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Seg wrote:
    You can do what I did, typing in /who Obsidian Spur and then ask people who are on which person you should talk to about a /ginvite.

I got unlucky my first couple of days, catching people who were afk, or times when there were no officers available. But then I tried Erinyes.
    that guy is old

tyrannus on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I'm interested, but I already have a slew of alts. Shadow priest cool?

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Rentilius wrote:
    that guy is old

I raped your dog.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited June 2006