As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Games that WILL be at PAX East 2011

124»

• Options
    thecrazyanbuthecrazyanbu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Not sure if this is the best place to ask here (Doesn't seem like it would fit in the FAQ thread)

Anyone know if League of Legends is having any type of booth?

Yes, League of Legends will be there. Here is the announcement from the official site:

Summoners!

This is a public service announcement to remind all of you that we will be in attendance at PAX East this year. If you’re making vacation plans, and you’d like pay a visit to historic New England, why not stop by and pay us a visit over at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center?

Riot Games will be exhibiting League of Legends in conjunction with our partner Alienware at the Alienware Arena booth. You will also be able to find us in the Freeplay area, where we’ll be hosting a tournament, or be able to attend panels held by Riot Games employees RiotChris and Morello. Oh, and if the mood should strike you to cosplay one of our epic champions, here’s your early heads up that there will be a contest for that! Stay tuned for the full schedule as we draw closer to the event!

All PAX East attendees will also be pleased to know that the PAX Jax skin will be making a second appearance, and all goodie bags will receive a code redeemable for this collectable skin. As always, we’ll be armed to the teeth with our highly-patented and coveted Riot Singed cards. And for those of you who can’t make it, this will be your next opportunity to pick up Riot Singed from the League of Legends store.

Source: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/news/riot-games-will-be-pax-east-boston

Thanks. You wouldn't happen to know where the Alieware Arena booth is would you?

thecrazyanbu on
  • Options
    FirelanceFirelance Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Not sure if this is the best place to ask here (Doesn't seem like it would fit in the FAQ thread)

Anyone know if League of Legends is having any type of booth?

Yes, League of Legends will be there. Here is the announcement from the official site:

Summoners!

This is a public service announcement to remind all of you that we will be in attendance at PAX East this year. If you’re making vacation plans, and you’d like pay a visit to historic New England, why not stop by and pay us a visit over at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center?

Riot Games will be exhibiting League of Legends in conjunction with our partner Alienware at the Alienware Arena booth. You will also be able to find us in the Freeplay area, where we’ll be hosting a tournament, or be able to attend panels held by Riot Games employees RiotChris and Morello. Oh, and if the mood should strike you to cosplay one of our epic champions, here’s your early heads up that there will be a contest for that! Stay tuned for the full schedule as we draw closer to the event!

All PAX East attendees will also be pleased to know that the PAX Jax skin will be making a second appearance, and all goodie bags will receive a code redeemable for this collectable skin. As always, we’ll be armed to the teeth with our highly-patented and coveted Riot Singed cards. And for those of you who can’t make it, this will be your next opportunity to pick up Riot Singed from the League of Legends store.

Source: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/news/riot-games-will-be-pax-east-boston

Thanks. You wouldn't happen to know where the Alieware Arena booth is would you?

http://east.paxsite.com/expo_map.pdf

Notice that giant booth with Alienware on it? Booth 436?

Firelance on
  • Options
    thecrazyanbuthecrazyanbu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    sorry i forgot about the map. Thanks though

thecrazyanbu on
  • Options
    AnarchistAbeAnarchistAbe Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Last year, it was just a section of the Alienware booth. It was just for them to run competitions and promotions on their systems.

AnarchistAbe on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    All,

Just got confirmation that BattleField 3 will be at EA's booth!!! Very Exciting! The catch: you have to have a GunClub Membership. Just follow the link in the original post, and it will take you where you need to be.

AnarchistAbe on
  • Options
    KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Krissta wrote: »
    If it is there, I'm cosplaying Alice, so I'd love to go the cheesy route and take a pic of me posing with the game. Oy! It's the small things in life! ;-)

Well, if we see anyone hanging around the EA booth in full Alice attire, we will know who it is :wink:

:D

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    arcadegamerarcadegamer longtime gamer and cartoon/anime watcher Westport ,MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    games and system i want to play
    Arcana Heart 3
    Mortal Kombat
    Fire Pro Wrestling
    Nintendo 3DS - hardware
    Dead or Alive: Dimensions
    Kid Icarus: Uprising
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
    LEGO Star Wars III
    Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

maybe played
    Pilotwings Resort
    Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
    Pokemon B/W

arcadegamer on
  • Options
    arcadegamerarcadegamer longtime gamer and cartoon/anime watcher Westport ,MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    games i want to play and the 3ds too

* Arcana Heart 3
    * Dead or Alive: Dimensions
    * Fire Pro Wrestling
    * Kid Icarus: Uprising
    * The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
    * LEGO Star Wars III
    * Mortal Kombat
    * Nintendo 3DS - hardware
    * Pilotwings Resort maybe play
    * Pokemon B/W maybe play
    * Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D may be played
    * Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition 1st game want to try :)

arcadegamer on
  • Options
    Got Haggis?Got Haggis? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    it's great that BF3 will be there....the gun club thing is weird though, how exactly will they know you are a member?

Got Haggis? on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    it's great that BF3 will be there....the gun club thing is weird though, how exactly will they know you are a member?

They will probably have a laptop sitting there to "sign up" or "login" on. Or, before the demo starts, you log-into the GunClub to start the demo.

However annoying it may be, it is a great move (towards marketing, at least) for EA. They make people aware of GunClub, while boosting their numbers at the same time. Now, we will all get EA [strike]spam[/strike] Newsletters about the game on a regular basis. That, I believe, is WHY they are doing it.

Regardless, are we really going to turn away from BF3 because of a friggin registration??? The answer, my friends, is no ;-)

AnarchistAbe on
  • Options
    DenbowskiDenbowski Registered User new member
    edited March 2011

They will probably have a laptop sitting there to "sign up" or "login" on. Or, before the demo starts, you log-into the GunClub to start the demo.

However annoying it may be, it is a great move (towards marketing, at least) for EA. They make people aware of GunClub, while boosting their numbers at the same time. Now, we will all get EA [strike]spam[/strike] Newsletters about the game on a regular basis. That, I believe, is WHY they are doing it.

Regardless, are we really going to turn away from BF3 because of a friggin registration??? The answer, my friends, is no ;-)

Rockstar did this last year with Red Dead Redemption. In order to play the game you needed to register for their Social Club. You were able to do this in their booth before you played.

Denbowski on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Denbowski wrote: »

Rockstar did this last year with Red Dead Redemption. In order to play the game you needed to register for their Social Club. You were able to do this in their booth before you played.

Thank you for clarification. I was at PAX East last year, but didn't actually hit-up the Red Dead booth. I assume EA will do the same.

AnarchistAbe on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Really surprised by Fire Pro. Either they haven't said much about it or it's been flying under my radar. Titles like that are great to give a try when you're tired of waiting in lines for the bigger games!

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Really surprised by Fire Pro. Either they haven't said much about it or it's been flying under my radar. Titles like that are great to give a try when you're tired of waiting in lines for the bigger games!
    me too i heard it once before .

arcadegamer on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    just saw on this Capcom site it surprize me and cant wait to try!!this If you're looking for early hands on time with Jill and Shuma, look no further than the Capcom kiosks at PAX East and Marvel vs Capcom 3 stations setup at each of those events with the Jill and Shuma DLC playable. You can find us in the IGN/Sprint booth at PAX, . awesome news btw i already have the code for them all set

arcadegamer on
  • Options
    Got Haggis?Got Haggis? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    HiRez just said they will be announcing something about Tribes Universe tomorrow at PAX East. I don't see them listed having a booth, but perhaps they will show off something

Got Haggis? on
  • Options
    natedoggcatanatedoggcata Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I cant wait to rock some Mortal Kombat and see the 3DS in person

natedoggcata on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Whoo hoo! Our flight got cancelled! Through some talking, I got us onto a flight ariving in Boston at 10AM, so we won't be too terribly late :-\

AnarchistAbe on
  • Options
    wjbowden3wjbowden3 Registered User new member
    Any one seen planet michael at PAX this weekend or know when planet michael is going to be released ????

This discussion has been closed.