As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

3rd Annual Post-PAX Party @Jillian's: Featuring Jonny Nero and The Protomen!

• HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    Liger wrote:
    The neighborhood's been a little rough lately (I work just up the street) and cars are broken into on a regular basis. Stow your PAX swag and remove any tech hookups including GPS stands.

Should we organize groups to walk there with if we want to walk? Or is it not that rough?

• EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Enigmas on
    3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    Oh dang, I had planned to take the slut. Did not know that it stopped running so early. I'll probably end up walking then.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Hypatia wrote:
    Liger wrote:
    The neighborhood's been a little rough lately (I work just up the street) and cars are broken into on a regular basis. Stow your PAX swag and remove any tech hookups including GPS stands.

Should we organize groups to walk there with if we want to walk? Or is it not that rough?
    If we go as a group we'll be fine.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • yanthraxyanthrax boners bonersRegistered User regular
    I'm sure @TOGSolid can just break out the Mega Buster in the event that there are unscrupulous individuals afoot.

• B for BusinessB for Business Registered User regular
    so do we want to plan a meet up to walk to the party?

Xbox Live - Jaxon121906 10k
    PSN - B_for_Business
  • DylaNWGDylaNWG Registered User regular
    so do we want to plan a meet up to walk to the party?

I'd be down for gettin' a group set up to go over there; it's a bit of a walk from the convention center!

• JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    I think I'll make this my CD release party, even though I'll have CD's friday night. But my new album dropped earlier this week and one of the shows has to be

• AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023
    [Deleted]

Aylaviere on
    East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    Just so you guys know, the neighborhood's pretty tame until the sun goes down. Getting there won't really be dangerous as it's still in the evening. Going back to the hotels in groups is definitely wise.

5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • B for BusinessB for Business Registered User regular
    Since PAX closes down at 7, how about we give ourselves 30 minutes to take various items back to our hotel rooms if we need to, and meet at the doors at 7th and Pike at 7:30? Google says it should take about 20 minutes. We should get there just before 8, just in time for the PARTY!

we could take 7th -> Olive -> 8th -> Westlake all the way to Jillians.

please correct me Seattleites if I'm wrong. Or, if anyone else has a better way.

Xbox Live - Jaxon121906 10k
    PSN - B_for_Business
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    Just touching base with everyone since I was gone for a bit. I basically lived at my office for a straight week. Work got insane.

Everything is looking great for the party. Confirmed with our coordinator that we're all set. I love that you guys are organizing groups and stuff. That makes me happy. I leave for PAX on Tuesday (also going to PAX-Dev) and I'll be checking in on Jillian's sometime during the week, just to get an idea for space, flow, etc. I'll update accordingly.

<3!

Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Meeting up at 7:30 sounds like a plan, just because then we have company and (hopefully) less getting lost.

Man it would suck if I had to look up directions!

OrokosPA.png
    It's pretty easy to find from the WSCC.

You are standing at the main entrance to PAX.
    >Walk North

edited August 2011
    You cannot go that way.
    Exits are (H)otel, (C)heesecake Factory, (T)heatre, (G)od my feet are killing me.

>_

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • yanthraxyanthrax boners bonersRegistered User regular
    at least it won't be dark yet so we won't run the risk of someone getting eaten by a grue

• EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    Liger wrote:
    It's pretty easy to find from the WSCC.

You are standing at the main entrance to PAX.
    >Walk North

Now, now Liger, that's being kinda mean to the non-locals.
    Our downtown is on a very strange grid, so the correct directions are:

Stand at main PAX entrance
    Walk North on 8th til you get to Westlake.
    Walk North on Westlake.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • ArdentbiscuitArdentbiscuit Registered User regular
    I've been to Seattle a bunch of times and never had a problem walking around but who knows?

As for the menu, looks great to me!

Do you like fighting games? Were you gonna peek in at the fighting game setup I'm gonna be running? Excellent! Because I have an update for you guys: 3rd Strike Online has been installed on my PS3 and added to the game list!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • ktizzlektizzle Registered User new member
    edited August 2011
    Edit: I am not a smart individual.

ktizzle on
  • VeeSeeVeeSee Pirate Ninja Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Won't be able to attend the event. I'll sell my spot for face value ($40). I won't be able to check my PMs, but give me a text at (307) 222-9186 and we'll make it happen. Thanks

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    I also am unable to attend. You can SMS me at 206-495-5327. Selling ticket at face value of $35.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • ScootaScoota Registered User regular
    I totally didn't buy tickets early, and now I need 3 tickets. Let me know if you've got them, you can text me at eight oh five, 285, two seven two 6. I've already got two friends going, and theres a group of 5 of us. Any help would be appreciated!

steam_sig.png
    Hey all, some last minute news:

The venue under-estimated how epic we're going to be and we've been relocated to the second floor. I went and toured Jillian's this morning, and it's awesome. The second floor is really cool.

The Megas (http://www.themegas.com/about.html) have also hopped on board, and will be playing sometime during the night. Not quite sure how the music situation is going to play out, but expect to hear it pretty much the entire night.

We have some AMAZING swag to give out, both bought and donated, that I think you guys are going to really like.

IF YOU HAVE EXPRESSED INTEREST IN VOLUNTEERING, I PROBABLY NEED YOU! Between checking people in at the door and helping the band, I actually do have need for a handful of volunteers this year. Please text me at seven seven five, three four two, three five six four or just show up around 7:00 at Jillian's to help out.

Thanks! See you all in a few hours!

• TheJackylTheJackyl Registered User regular
    I'll be seeing everyone there soon. I'm the one with little stitched skulls on my butt.

I'm rolling out to Jillian's right now with the swag. If you happen to get there before me, just kick around. If anyone asks, you're with Jace Proctor (me) and the Post-PAX Party. I believe the manager's name is Tom. If you run into The Protomen or any of the other bands, tell them I'll be there soon.

• SenicksSenicks Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Edit: Well... I had fun, The Protomen and Jonny Nero were awesome there.

Senicks on
  • thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    very sad it's all over now!

Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
  • tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    kick ass party arco, i tip my hat to you :)
    johnny nero was awesome, protomen were awesome, venue was awesome and the people were awesome.

Great job Arco. Venue was awesome, played ping pong and had a blast meeting people over that. 3-0 baby!

Thanks for accommodating my hassles at registration. :^:

OrokosPA.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Well done Arco, you threw an amazing party!

• TangoTango Registered User regular
    I have to say, I was pretty surprised (in the good way) by how good this party is. I only knew Arco previously as a hard-working Enforcer colleague who's possibly the biggest PAX fanboy, if you will, in the Enforcers. ;-) Now, I know him as someone who puts on a good party! Thanks, mate, I don't regret turning up even though I could only rock up at 10:15pm.

• basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    Excellent party as always! I even won a raffle coupon!

• XRXR [E] LULK ILRegistered User regular
    Thanks ARCO for the party! I am now and official Protomen follower.

XR wrote:
    Thanks ARCO for the party! I am now and official Protomen follower.
    Welcome to the cool kid's club. :D

*brofist*

wWuzwvJ.png
  • SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    First off, what a GREAT way to end PAX. Big thanks to you guys for putting this together. The venue was perfect and our group had a blast.

Also, my SINCERE apologies for subjecting y'all to my drunk ass playing Rock Band. I've never played, and I am tone deaf, but the wine told me to do it. :)

• MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    Arco, thank you again SOOOOO MUCH!!! This party was insanely awesome and an appropriate end to PAX. Thanks for putting it together!! :D

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    You rock Arco! =) Next year I have to plan appropriately and make sure I get signed up... and that I don't do something stupid like I did this year and fall asleep before getting over there. =(

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Awesome afterparty, though sadly I had an early flight the next day and had to bail before midnight. Still, thanks for putting everything together Arco!

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
    That was an amazing party. I'm at work now and my voice is still shot. Can't wait to do it again next year!