As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

>>--D&D Thread --> Crab Detective! Inquire within! OP Update..ish

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    yeah, it's also liek the only class that runs on con too.

Warlocks can, but eeh.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, okay now I've narrowed it down to Deva Warlock or unknown Brawler Fighter. Maybe my Gith Ranger I dunno, I just came up with a great back story for my Deva.

Gatsby on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    do you know what 4E game has no problems dealing with errata or broken rules

(Gamma World)

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    As a gm I simply respond to chiselled characters by abusing them in a variety of unpleasant ways

Though it is a pain when someone has made their character insane hard and so you need to shoot them with plasma guns but you can't just give every bad guy plasma guns because then they pop the octomorph's head like a bubble...

(I'm not bitter)

Gamma World is indeed cool beans.

But every now and then a man wants to play a Goliath who wields an axe with one hand while he choke slams you with the other. Then the aforementioned axe is planted directly into your crotch with nary but a glance.

GO TO BED

I

I am in bed!

Thiiiis is aaaaall a dreeeeaaaam Antiiiiiiii

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Yeah power points are easy as shit to abuse in early Paragon.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote:
    I

I am in bed!

Thiiiis is aaaaall a dreeeeaaaam Antiiiiiiii

But who is doing the dreaming?

...Is it Bob Newhart?

Antimatter wrote: »

(Gamma World)

4e gamma world was terrible, they're on edition 7 now.

Solar wrote: »
    As a gm I simply respond to chiselled characters by abusing them in a variety of unpleasant ways

Though it is a pain when someone has made their character insane hard and so you need to shoot them with plasma guns but you can't just give every bad guy plasma guns because then they pop the octomorph's head like a bubble...

(I'm not bitter)

i am expecting to be the hard one. and because of how she works as a person, she will probably throw herself in the way, more out of arrogance then heroics, so.

Melding wrote:
    Antimatter wrote: »

(Gamma World)

4e gamma world was terrible, they're on edition 7 now.
    it uses 4E D&D rules so nuuuuuuuuuh

edited August 2011
    It's still the 7th edition of Gamma World. sixth edition used a modified version of 3rd edition DnD it was still 6th edition.

Also pyrokentics are broken.

Melding on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I feel like making a post here to champion dark heresy again but don't really feel like getting into specifics so yeah

0BnD8l3.gif
    Dark heresy is neat i'm just not in a grimdark mood. and grimdark is all it seems to be able to do.

hey now it can do a lot of things

like an idyllic and peaceful paradise planet before everything goes grimdark

or an aristocratic and sophisticated environment of dinner parties and political intrigue before everything goes grimdark

0BnD8l3.gif
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Yeah, but grimdark is essentially comedy if done right.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I made a character for a friend's Mutants and Masterminds game.

i can't see trying to play grimdark straight to be honest. but all the same not in a place mentally with torrents of blood and megaphone mouths and giant shoulderpads with books and skulls on them. it's nice every once in a while and play somethign not a heavy metal album cover.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    If I ran a 40K game it would be Abnett style. So, played straight and certainly somewhat grim but still with moments of genuine happiness, faith and so on because it features human beings not mindless caricatures.

Honestly, I love the 40K background to pieces but I dislike the FF system (in Deathwatch it is alleviated somewhat because you are a fucking space marine and in rogue trader you can at least rely on your experience and resources) which is why I don't want to run a game. I'd use another system, but I'd have to convert it which is a pain so no thanks.

I like a bit of whimsy, adventure and general camaraderie between characters in these sorts of games.

I am furious with you people for having different opinions than mine

0BnD8l3.gif
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:
    I am furious with you people for having different opinions than mine

Ah. Giving up on the Tzeentch worship, then? Heard good things about Khorne?

gunna make us change them? eh? eh?

yes, if you'd just sign the release forms for the lobotomy

0BnD8l3.gif
    Yeah, instead i drew a picture of a unicorn fighting a tank on them.

so, i made a bunch of characters for filling in whatever role is open. i have, no life.

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    to be a parrot argonaut or a lost extorpian

i don't think parrots were uplifted. Could be wrong. I know owls weren't but you can get an owl pod in one of the other books.

look if this setting has other intelligent animals an intelligent parrot not being there is a straight-up mistake

at least an intelligent kea

0BnD8l3.gif
    to my knowledge they uplifted: gorillas, Chimps, and a few other close related primates, octopi, and crows. everything else wasn't smart enough before earth got fucked up.

intelligent parrot

possibly with tiny eyepatch and pirate hat

0BnD8l3.gif
    alright, but he has to have a human child perched on his shoulder at all times.

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Does the child ask for crackers or is that too racist / stereotypical?

I just bought some dark blue dice with bronze numbering.

I call them my Time Lord dice.

Huntera wrote: »
    Does the child ask for crackers or is that too racist / stereotypical?

Yes.

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    they uplifted ravens crows and gray parrots

"No colourful birds allowed"

I remembered ravens, but they're basically just bigger crows.

All the same they pale in the face of owldrone.

edited August 2011
    I dream of a future in which birds are not judged by the color of their plumage

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Actually pretty sure I saw gray parrots listed on the avian uplifts, but I am way too lazy to dig through the PDF to see if I'm misremembering.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
This discussion has been closed.