As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Big [House] in the big house. [SPOILER rules in OP]

chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
edited September 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
This is House.

House-house-md-35138_450_598.jpg

He doesn't like you. He doesn't like himself very much either.

Last season was a bit of a mixed bag.

The season finale saw him go from this:

rock-bottom-for-house.jpg

to this:

house-gets-away.jpg

Does House get away with attempted murder?

In a word: no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uisH6pcjOk&feature=player_embedded

Cuddy is gone. House is in jail. I will admit that I am still looking forward to the season, but that is probably my huge man crush in Hugh Laurie talking.

mod edit: Stuff from previous seasons does not need to be spoilered. Stuff from episodes more than a week old does not need to be spoilered. Stuff from episodes LESS than a week old SHOULD be spoilered. Stuff from episodes EXACTLY one week old should be written in purple font and accompanied by a picture of a bonobo.

ElJeffe on

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    God damnit, this in in the wrong sub forum. Can a mod kindly move it to D&D?

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    Somehow me fucking up the OP actually fits with the subject.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Wow; prison.

His time in the big house could be as entertaining as his time in the nut house, so I'm game; I just don't expect much to change from it, because nobody ever fucking changes on this show.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • LuxLux Registered User regular

I thought this was a joke because the preview frame about biting zingers.

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote:

Am I high right now?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    Tox wrote:
    DanHibiki wrote:

Am I high right now?

Cocaine's a helluva drug.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote:
    DanHibiki wrote:

Am I high right now?

Vicodin's a helluva drug.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Tox wrote:
    Tox wrote:
    DanHibiki wrote:

Am I high right now?

Vicodin's a helluva drug.

Shady Russian Internet Vicodin, in this case.

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I was wondering, at the end of that last episode..."how in the hell is he going to get out of this one?"

I guess for a time, at least...he's not. I am intrigued.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    I doubt he spends more than 2 episodes in prison

• gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote:
    I doubt he spends more than 2 episodes in prison

Yeah, which will be unfortunate, because I loved the episodes where he was in the psychiatric facility.

gorillaSig.jpg
  • MuridenMuriden Registered User regular
    I'm glad to see the show moving this direction. For a while I stopped watching because they were leaning on the formulaic episodes really hard.

MrGulio.332 - Lover of fine Cheeses. Replays
    301787-1.png
    We should start a pool on who Taub is going to be with: the nurse he got pregnant, his wife (who he got pregnant) at the same time, or a yet to be determined third party/lawyer trying to keep him from being bleed dry by child support payments.

Taub is a pimp.

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I don't care about Taub. Never did. Nothing about his character is interesting. He's a smug, self-obsessed prick who treats his hot-and-smart wife like shit and then whines about how "it's just my nature." Fuck that guy.

Count me also in the pool of people who think that going to prison is an interesting idea that will last no more than two episodes, and then we'll be right back to the patient-of-the-week bullshit.

I hope this is the last season of this show.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I wanted last season to be the last season.

I wanted House to either die, or accept imperfection and be happy with Cuddy.

Neither happened, and we are on to a 2 part prison special, followed by house being "better" for a few episodes before taking vicodin again and being a dick to people.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    Yea I really think they should have just ended things last season. I think I will be pretty surprised if this show goes on past season 8 now. The psychiatric facility was really cool last season but a prison doesn't seem nearly as interesting to me. Also, no Cuddy makes me sad. Any word on if there is a replacement for the character yet?

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I am looking forward to House making giant burly men his bitches and ruling the prison with his scathing tongue and rapier wit.

Also, if nobody objects, I'm going to flag this thread as "filled with spoilers from past seasons" because otherwise every damned post will be spoiler tagged.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    So I'm going to place my bet on the season layout being something like this:

Episode 1 & 2: Prison Two-Parter
    Episode 3: Meet the New Boss (Cuddy's Replacement), new boss won't let House get away with his shit
    Episode 4-6: House hides stuff from new boss to get results
    Episode 7: New Boss is now same as the old boss and let's House get away with his shit.
    Episode 8-20: Business as usual.
    Episode 21-22: Big Season (Series?) Finale where Cuddy probably comes back anyways.

Of course, I still fully intend to watch it even if it follows that layout to the letter.

Of course, they could throw a wrench in that by giving an existing character Cuddy's job. I could see both Taub and Foreman making a play for that position after House gets arrested and Cuddy leaves.

Also, if this really ends up being the last season they need to cast Stephen Fry as something. Hell, make him the new Dean of Medicine, then he can really bicker with House.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    syndalis wrote:
    I wanted last season to be the last season.

I wanted House to either die, or accept imperfection and be happy with Cuddy.

Neither happened, and we are on to a 2 part prison special, followed by house being "better" for a few episodes before taking vicodin again and being a dick to people.

He cant be happy with Cuddy because Cuddy forgot she was a doctor and dumped him after he relapsed when she thought she was dying.

Buttcleft on
    edited September 2011
    It's lupus! (newish season 8 promo)

chamberlain on
  • Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular
    Did anybody catch what House was eventually charged with last night? Our recording was garbled when the board was talking about it.

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
    I think it was assault.
    He didn't get a lawyer (probably served as his own attorney) and took the first deal they gave him.

Also, promo for next week spoiler:
    It looks like Foreman got Cuddy's job.

I am a fan of this direction.

It is totally unsustainable, and will turn into standard House just like the mental institutuion did, but it was a very fun special.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Nice season opener. I love how unafraid this show has always been to shake it up a little bit, even if it's just for a few episodes of a season.

That said, they telegraphed his bunkmate's assist with a friggin' bullhorn, and apparently even in prison, House has convenient Eureka moments based on out of context/nonseq dialogue or images followed by a pregnant pause. Seriously, there should be a supercut.

I don't like to nitpick much. At this point I'm thankful there's even 2 or 3 halfway decent scripted hourlongs on networks these days.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    I kinda want to beat the shit out of House after watching that. He was done. Twice.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    That was a really strong opening. Obviously, it needs the usual massive pinch of suspension of disbelief.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Who is the actress that played the doctor at the prison? She is beautiful and gorgeous and I am in love with her. I hope they find a way to make her a regular on the show so I can see her every week.

Lucascraft on
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Odette Annable and she is joining as a regular. Charlyne Yi is as well, the Asian doc from the next episode preview.

• ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I am shocked, shocked, that she is joining as a regular.

As soon as House told her she's smart and bored, it was like, "Okay, meet the newest member of House's team."

I kinda like what the previews intimated about the direction it's going next week.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    This is why weird spoiler rules are bad thing. I didn't want to know such spoilers about the direction of this series. Damn you.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I tried to watch this and the people I poorly chose to watch it with were complaining that he wasn't in a hospital anymore and that that makes it less entertaining.

I had to leave.

steam_sig.png
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    I tried to watch this and the people I poorly chose to watch it with were complaining that he wasn't in a hospital anymore and that that makes it less entertaining.

I had to leave.

note to self, don't watch TV with any Omicronians.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Huh, thought I recognized the doctor, looks like she was in Cloverfield. Also, jdarksun, you mind elaborating on the spoilered thing?

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    Do we know yet why Cuddy is gone? It seems weird that they didn't actually write her out last season even though they knew she was leaving.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    They didn't know she was leaving. Not for sure. It had been up in the air for awhile, but the "official" announcement came after the finale had aired and long after it had been written/filmed.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    I hate it how on television shows the person who runs the hospital is always a doctor. I know it is silly to get hung up on that detail, but it is such a glaring error- as hospital administrators/CEO are almost never physicians- and I think it misses an opportunity for real conflict.

I liked House in prison, wish they would run with it for a few more episodes.

• CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Depends on the institution. CEO of my hospital is an MD.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Where the hell is House? Why are they showing back-to-back episodes of Terra Nova?