As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

UPDATE : Moving to a new home!

• Mr. Yos MannMr. Yos Mann Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Butler wrote:
    Hey alpha, I could get you some outsourcing solutions. We have some Chinese political prisoners who are computer engineering graduates or some Indians who work for a dvd of bollywood movies. We just have some snag with their ching-ching blabbering or the curry flavored smell but we could do it.

For his next trick, Yos Mann will walk right up to a Texas ranger and urinate on his shoe.
    Chuck Norris vs Mr. Yos Mann in dvd.
    $3.75 $10 Canadian

Mr. Yos Mann on
    shinichiropot2.gif
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Butler wrote:
    Hey alpha, I could get you some outsourcing solutions. We have some Chinese political prisoners who are computer engineering graduates or some Indians who work for a dvd of bollywood movies. We just have some snag with their ching-ching blabbering or the curry flavored smell but we could do it.

For his next trick, Yos Mann will walk right up to a Texas ranger and urinate on his shoe.
    $3.75 $10 Canadian
    I bet that suprise that Alpha mentioned earlier will bet Chuck Norris standing by the servers, ready to fix them when they break.

No wait, that's MacGuyver. Did you hire MacGuyver, Alpha?

Henroid on
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    Butler wrote:

$3.75 $10 Canadian
    I bet that suprise that Alpha mentioned earlier will bet Chuck Norris standing by the servers, ready to fix them when they break.

How else do you think I heard about the use of grommits?

Älphämönkëy on
  • NeoflyNeofly Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    So, no server change in time for E3?

The forum will probably croak, or will be buried in more Internal Server Errors than I can endure.

Neofly on
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    Neofly wrote:

The forum will probably croak, or will be buried in more Internal Server Errors than I can endure.

Poor you.

Hey alpha, this guy won't be able to endure the server problems.

That sounds like a Big Deal.

Let's just fast track everything and throw a bunch of switches and see what happens. Because this guy needs it. Now.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • NeoflyNeofly Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Neofly wrote:

Poor you.

Hey alpha, this guy won't be able to endure the server problems.

That sounds like a Big Deal.

Let's just fast track everything and throw a bunch of switches and see what happens. Because this guy needs it. Now.

Hey dude, my finger is tired from all the F5 pressing.

Neofly on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited May 2006
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    TheFarSide wrote:
    Pheezer when did you become so cool
    Probably about six months from now.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    korodullin wrote:
    TheFarSide wrote:
    Pheezer when did you become so cool
    Probably about six months from now.
    koro, I can't decide if your post is really lame or really funny.

I am laughing at it, just in case. I want to cover all the bases.

Captain K on
  • redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    Butler wrote:
    $3.75 $10 Canadian

How else do you think I heard about the use of grommits?
    handsup8uj.jpg

redstormpopcorn on
    emot-kamina.gifBELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I am having a lot of 500 errors.

DouglasDanger on
  • AndorienAndorien Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I am having a lot of 500 errors.

8whxf6.jpg

Andorien on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I would post the response owl, if I were not jailed.

DouglasDanger on
  • AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    When is this happening, ever?

Azrael on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Azrael wrote:
    When all of the planets align, duh.

Also, no chance of it happening this week. Y'know, E3 and all. Unless I'm wrong and alpha wants to be mean. D:

Henroid on
  • AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Well thats the thing for me really, the problems Im having stop me following multiple fast moving threads at once, and its not like there hasnt been time before now.

Azrael on
  • DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited May 2006
    Azrael wrote:
    Well thats the thing for me really, the problems Im having stop me following multiple fast moving threads at once, and its not like there hasnt been time before now.

Guys the server error has removed all apostrophes from this man's post. WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE APOSTROPHES

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I'm interested to find out whether this is lighttpd choking on PHP or PHP choking on cock...

It's amusing when I hit refresh and I get the option of saving the index.php file...

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    Azrael wrote:

Also, no chance of it happening this week. Y'know, E3 and all. Unless I'm wrong and alpha wants to be mean. D:

I just wish it had been done last week, like promised. I understand shit comes up, but fuck... the forums are unnavigable right now. Could you at least tell us what the hold up is Alpha? Last I heard it was the podcast draining bandwidth, but that was Monday last week.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
    edited May 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    Azrael wrote:

I just wish it had been done last week, like promised. I understand shit comes up, but fuck... the forums are unnavigable right now. Could you at least tell us what the hold up is Alpha? Last I heard it was the podcast draining bandwidth, but that was Monday last week.
    Ah pipe down. If I can do it on dialup you can do it too.

Henroid on
    edited May 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    Azrael wrote:

How about I fucking ban you

That would solve both your problem of being frustrated by the forums and my problem of being frustrated by your posts

Deal?

Just post something in reply. Anything. I don't care what. Say one more fucking word on the topic and see what happens.

Pheezer on
  • FinsterFinster Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Bah, who needs hardware upgrades.

I, for one, welcome our new 500 - Internal Server Error overlords.

Finster on
    herpderp
  • superjoesuperjoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    Azrael wrote:

How about I fucking ban you

That would solve both your problem of being frustrated by the forums and my problem of being frustrated by your posts

Deal?

Just post something in reply. Anything. I don't care what. Say one more fucking word on the topic and see what happens.

:^:

superjoe on
    IlOZ6.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited May 2006
    Seriously guys, I promise that if things aren't up to your exacting standards within the next week, I will gladly refund all the money that you have paid to register and post here. No questions asked.

Every.

Single.

Dime.

Tube on
  • SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    I like tube's idea, except I see his delivery method coming in the form of a sock full of dimes to the temple.

Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
    edited May 2006
    Slungsolow wrote:
    I like tube's idea, except I see his delivery method coming in the form of a sock full of dimes to the temple.

A sock full of imaginary dimes that don't exist because no one paid a damned penny to be here.

Pheezer on
  • EpiphyteEpiphyte Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I'll donate a dime, if it means Tube gets to go hit idiots with it.

Epiphyte on
    edited May 2006
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Slungsolow wrote:

A sock full of imaginary dimes that don't exist because no one paid a damned penny to be here.

I wasn't insinuating that he was going to pay anyone.

Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Slungsolow wrote:

You're mighty cranky lately, sir. Why? :(

SeñorAmor on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited May 2006
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Slungsolow wrote:

He's in LA.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited May 2006
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Slungsolow wrote:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say people are stupid.

Or LA. LA's general attitude is infectious.

Henroid on
  • Lews_TherinLews_Therin Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Slungsolow wrote:

[spoiler:c6bb877c54]PMS[/spoiler:c6bb877c54]

Alpha seems to be the unluckiest person ever in terms of buying hardware.

Lews_Therin on
    edited May 2006
    Didn't Robert buy the new gear? :wink:

Henroid on
    edited May 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    Didn't Robert buy the new gear? :wink:

I'm sure it has to do with the regular demands of running a website as a business. Any risk of bringing down the main site is a risk of lost revenue. Sure, we get 500 errors every now and then, but the site is still making money since it is still running. Migrating to the new hardware without some due diligence could result in hours of downtime (or days!) and therefore hours of lost revenue.

That's something that's easy to understand, isn't it?

Slungsolow on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I think Alpha commented once that he does not like doing changes at a time where it may interfere with a new comic day. I assume a change of this magnitude limits the time slot to just the weekend, and as we all know, weekends can sometimes be the busiest part of the week.

Javen on
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I'm definitely in take-as-long-as-you-need-to-alpha camp, but I think it's funny how BM basically asked what was causing the delay and was threatened with a banning.

Why do we have this thread if we're not supposed to wonder what's going on?

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    what I gather from alpha reference murphy's law is that the new hardware or the new "thing", whatever it is, showed up broken or on fire or something. Or they opened the box and it was a roll of duct tape and some bubble game with a note from macguyver saying "good luck, bitches"

FyreWulff on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Framling wrote:
    I'm definitely in take-as-long-as-you-need-to-alpha camp, but I think it's funny how BM basically asked what was causing the delay and was threatened with a banning.

Why do we have this thread if we're not supposed to wonder what's going on?

I think its the complaining about the situation, rather than asking what is going on that set pheezer off.

Things seem a bit better for the 500 errors compared to the last few days, but that may just be my perception.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • dmitdmit Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    FyreWulff wrote:
    what I gather from alpha reference murphy's law is that the new hardware or the new "thing", whatever it is, showed up broken or on fire or something. Or they opened the box and it was a roll of duct tape and some bubble game with a note from macguyver saying "good luck, bitches"
    paserver9jy.jpg

dmit on