As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Scroll [Buttoneers] so good, like the butter on a muffin (Discount GET!)

• Options
    zannahzannah Registered User regular
    The top 2 are my regular buttons, the bottom 6 are my bonus buttons.... at least for tomorrow. (Yes. I have decision-making challenges.)
    18245_10a056ad9de88923ee101c967c079b8f.jpg

• Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    Button collection bucket is set up at the BYOC checkin desk now! :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    We may have run into a complication and I just don't know yet.

The cork board we had ended up being taken by one my wifes employees who didn't know what it was for. We're trying to find replacement stuff from work, but as it's Saturday morning, we may be SOL as she's not gonna be *at* work this weekend.

Sorry guys. :\

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    How big a cork board was it and was it a regular cork board?

Office Depot is open today at 4th and Pike. If you just need a regular one I can run down today and grab one and bring it up to BYOC or wherever.

• Options
    I was just coming in to ask about that, beta_angel, since I hadn't seen one yet.

I could get a corkboard and get it pinned Sunday night or Monday after work (if y'all trust me to take the button collection, LOL), and then I could send it with my husband to the Enforcer after party. Would that be an acceptable plan?

Rw4xnu6.png
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    I got the cork board, it's at BYOC now with Snickers and Prox!

• Options
    G4MERG4MER Registered User regular
    I am missing so many buttons and have so many to give.. I am in PAX BYOC Please come trade buttons!

g4mer_paxsig.png
  • Options
    I got the cork board, it's at BYOC now with Snickers and Prox!

Fantastic. Since I can't get up here at 9am tomorrow anyway (and neither can any non-[E]'s), I'll take that tonight around midnight or so and pin up the board in my hotel room to hand off to JonXP in the morning. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    Hey guys, the button jug is lonely and not very full!

Please stop by the PC Security desk on the 6th floor (ask an enforcer how to get there if you don't know) and drop your button off. We'll be delivering the corkboard tomorrow!

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    I dropped off my buttons, but I've only ran into 2 of you to trade with so far! I guess I'll be seeing most of you out front tomorrow?

• Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Hey guys, I'm really sorry that I fell short on this one. I feel bad about it but once again, Nomad comes to my aid!

Thank you guys so much for making this happen. I know that everybody loves it and appreciates it.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    Board is put together and looks good - probably over 100 I didn't count. I'm meeting jonxp tomorrow morning at 9:30 at the coffee shop on the first floor. If your button didnt make it or you want to go with him to present, that's the place to meet.

Rw4xnu6.png
  • Options
    SwordMageSwordMage Registered User regular
    I'm caffeine-deprived and unable to comprehend reading right now.. (Woot!) Anyway, when are we meeting up for trading of Buttons?

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
    twitter: SwordMage86
    XBL: SwordMagelet
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Yeah I was about to ask the same thing. Where's the final button trade meet up

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    G4MERG4MER Registered User regular
    YEAH! when is it? ;)

g4mer_paxsig.png
  • Options
    First post said out front after omegathon final round which is running 5:30 - 6:30.

• Options
    courtneyj wrote:
    First post said out front after omegathon final round which is running 5:30 - 6:30.

This is correct. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
  • Options
    SwordMageSwordMage Registered User regular
    And this is clearly why I shouldn't try to skim for an answer before coffee. Totally didn't see it. Thanks!

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
    twitter: SwordMage86
    XBL: SwordMagelet
  • Options
    CovetCovet Registered User regular
    Drats, I left the meetup a little early. Had a raid, you understand. Still, I can't help but feel like I missed out on a few buttons I was hoping to get this year. Oh well.

• Options
    My final count is 186 buttons. I'll try marking them off on the Buttoneering site tomorrow or Tuesday. Thanks all for participating!

Rw4xnu6.png
  • Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Just finishing adding buttons to my vest will count when i'm done thanks to everyone it was fun see you next year
    ok i seem to have like 160 or 165 i'm tired and can't be sure i'm counting right. Night all

draklan on
  • Options
    Sorry I couldn't make the meetup, but my Enforcerly duties had me busy.

Instead, I give you this:
    IMG_20110828_112525.jpg

• Options
    About how many buttons have they been given now?

• Options
    Cool picture! I see my button on the top right! I made it in this year yay. I wonder where big red's buttons are on there...

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    courtneyj wrote:
    About how many buttons have they been given now?

Total? I don't think we have a count. But there's a few years' worth of them at their office. Since 2008, when we started.

• Options
    SvKSvK Registered User regular
    Buttoneering is fun! I passed out many 200 buttons, and received so many that I jingled as I walked. I'm the guy with the button that looks like my avatar, and I took pictures of most of the people who received my buttons.

Pictures of buttoneers on Facebook
    Pictures of buttoneers on Flickr

View them on whichever website you prefer. The photos are the same.

• Options
    tybottybot Registered User regular
    If you didnt get a button from me this year I plan to bring the extras as a hard to get button next year. Great to meet all of you and do this!

• Options
    SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    I had a great time buttoneering again this year. I was glad to see there was some demand for my portal buttons :-) Hopefully I can have something as equally awesome next year...

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • Options
    MokanaMokana Registered User regular
    Just got home and wanted to say thank you for making my first buttoneering a blast. I am already going to start my next years idea (after some much needed sleep) I came home with over 150 buttons.

• Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    SvK wrote:
    Buttoneering is fun! I passed out many 200 buttons, and received so many that I jingled as I walked. I'm the guy with the button that looks like my avatar, and I took pictures of most of the people who received my buttons.

Should allow tagging of the photos on Facebook. :)

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    Are you not able to tag my photos? Strangers, I mean, future friends, have tagged my photos before.

• Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Yeah, no option to tag. FB just redid a bunch of their privacy options.

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    I looked through menus and outdated help pages to find out how to let people other than my friends tag themselves, then noticed that a non-friend had tagged himself in one of my photos. Who knows, man?

• Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    I actually managed to trade all 100 of my buttons. I was wearing other people's buttons on my lanyard, until there just wasn't any physical space to do so. PAX felt like carrying the precious, with my lanyard getting heavier with each passing hour.

• Options
    yeah i'm surprised. that final button meet up i traded almost all my buttons. I'm around 140 of 150 traded/given away.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    jonxp wrote:

IMG_20110828_112525.jpg

I don't see my buttons anywhere on there :( I even took it to the enforcer up at BYOC. I gave them my buttons from last year too since I forgot to give them to them last year >.<

Let there be games!
  • Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    My poo button (yellow button) is in the top right by his hand.
    jonxp wrote:

IMG_20110828_112525.jpg

• Options
    I don't see my buttons anywhere on there :( I even took it to the enforcer up at BYOC. I gave them my buttons from last year too since I forgot to give them to them last year >.<

When did you take your buttons up there? I took the empty board and the bucket of buttons at about midnight on Saturday night and made the board in my hotel room, since my original cutoff time of 9am Sunday was not feasible. Also, did you put your buttons in the collection bucket? If you just handed them to someone, even an Enforcer, I have no idea where they went - that's why there was a labeled bucket. The only person whose buttons should not have gone into the bucket was BigRed, because his were too big to fit, and I personally got copies of his buttons from him for the board late on Saturday afternoon. Nobody else indicated they had buttons too big to fit into the bucket, so I did not look for anyone else.

Sorry your buttons didn't make it on the board. :(

Rw4xnu6.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011

When did you bring them up? I delivered the board around 11 on Sunday. If they weren't in the jug before then, they didn't make it on the board in time for delivery. If you brought them *after* that, then they are in a small collection that was delivered separately to the PA guys.
    SvK wrote:

THAT IS AWESOME! We need to make sure your links are remembered in future buttoneering threads. You really got some excellent shots in there (even though you missed me, but I was likely very busy when you saw me anyway). I'd like to use some of them on the Buttoneering site, and I'll contact you separately to talk about that.

On a side note, I need to know what you guys think needs to be fixed about the Buttoneering site. I'm so glad so many of you guys liked it, but now I have a full year to come up with refinements to the user interface. The neat animated effects are fun, but they do not scale to the incredible number of buttons that everyone came up with. Any suggestions are appreciated!

jonxp on
  • Options
    jonxp wrote:
    On a side note, I need to know what you guys think needs to be fixed about the Buttoneering site. I'm so glad so many of you guys liked it, but now I have a full year to come up with refinements to the user interface. The neat animated effects are fun, but they do not scale to the incredible number of buttons that everyone came up with. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Can you make it so I can see buttons and mark them for my collection on my iPad? I tried to do that last night - nothing loads on any of the pages other than the "My Buttons" page. Now, I have zero idea what is required to make this happen, so feel free to tell me that it's too hard and you're not going to do it. :D

Rw4xnu6.png