As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA comic: Mon. August 29, 2011

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Adus wrote:
    Really? The crowd requested a pony again? Christ...

I don't know. I'm just tired of seeing/hearing about that damn show.

People love their memes.

I have to wonder what other suggestions they were assailed with.

NNID: Rehab0
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Okay, did millislim go this year, because she deserves another chance to get on stage.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Roger WilcoRoger Wilco Registered User regular
    Let's not interact with the idiot.

No hold on. This is ridiculous. This isn't just some tv show, that some people happen to like. The people who obsesses over this show, have deep issues, and it's not okay that Gabe and Tycho are indulging them. It's messed up. On many forums, you aren't even allowed to discuss the show because of how creepy those people are. I think you aren't paying attention. I think you just took a quick look at the situation and said "oh it's just some cartoon that some people like." It's way deeper than that. Yes, there are a few people who just happen to like it, but a majority of them have issues. I can understand wanting to be friendly and non-judgmental, so you allow discussions of a wide variety of tv shows and activities, but sometimes for people's own protection you have to draw a line. Telling these people that their community is okay, is not helpful to them or to us.

• EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited August 2011

No hold on. This is ridiculous. This isn't just some tv show, that some people happen to like. The people who obsesses over this show, have deep issues, and it's not okay that Gabe and Tycho are indulging them. It's messed up. On many forums, you aren't even allowed to discuss the show because of how creepy those people are. I think you aren't paying attention. I think you just took a quick look at the situation and said "oh it's just some cartoon that some people like." It's way deeper than that. Yes, there are a few people who just happen to like it, but a majority of them have issues. I can understand wanting to be friendly and non-judgmental, so you allow discussions of a wide variety of tv shows and activities, but sometimes for people's own protection you have to draw a line. Telling these people that their community is okay, is not helpful to them or to us.

No, the reason MLP is verboten on some forums is that there's holier-than-thou geese who just have to get bent all sorts of out of shape just because someone else is partaking in a hobby that is not hurting any other person in the entire universe, ultimately turning it into some crusade that they just have to campaign for ad nauseum. Emphasis on nauseum.

I don't even enjoy MLP, but I can understand the appeal.

Anyways, this is ridiculously offtopic, and more to the comic: I enjoy the cosplayers at PAX (dressed up as an engineer for '09), and saw some amazing costumes this year.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular

Name one crime a fan of MLP has ever committed other than offending your delicate sensibilities.

No wait don't. Just shut up and leave your stupid bigotry to yourself.

I apologize for the infraction I'm rightfully getting in advance for this but GODDAMN.

Anyway! Gabe on Gabe sex, let's talk about it! I think Gabe would be the bottom to Gabe, don't you?

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    9Tpp3.png

Anyway doesn't Jerry watch MLP?
    ikqrp.png

broken image link
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Kagera wrote:
    Anyway! Gabe on Gabe sex, let's talk about it! I think Gabe would be the bottom to Gabe, don't you?

Both Gabes would top. Simultaneously, and angrily. Jim would wink.
    9Tpp3.png

Anyway doesn't Jerry watch MLP?
    ikqrp.png

I believe he said he saw part of the first episode during the Q&A.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    And that's the day Jerry stopped being his son's hero. :P

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote:

No, the reason MLP is verboten on some forums is that there's holier-than-thou geese who just have to get bent all sorts of out of shape just because someone else is partaking in a hobby that is not hurting any other person in the entire universe, ultimately turning it into some crusade that they just have to campaign for ad nauseum. Emphasis on nauseum.

Hmm, I don't think that's actually the reason...

Who cares what the reason is, PAX happened!

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Now this really is the penny-arcade hub.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Adus wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:

That is the reason, the only reason and sshhh.

Oh brilliant
  • Sky BoxSky Box Registered User regular
    Hrm, I always felt as though the MLP thing was better with just short clips of parts from episodes.

I like to imagine that she left that pony there as a sign of her disapproval, for as soon as she heard his pause, she knew what was coming. Confusion and, perhaps, budding anger. However, he will never notice it, lost in his ideas and fantasies of fem-Gabe. Not related to fem-Shep. Perhaps she felt that only a pony could pull him out of his fantasies and push him into his girlish fandom.

I'm rather struck by how young she looks in the first panel. I don't know why, maybe it's the shirt and I'm reminded of Ann for some reason? She just looks more cartoon young in comparison to Gabe there.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    Sorry about that.
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    Man, I thought this thread would become stale and boring after being moved to its own forum, but I was wrong! The silly arguments are just as prevalent!

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Usually when Tube says to stop doing something, it's best to stop doing it...

• Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    silly arguments are like the best part about comic threads!

that and the edits but .. oh well

• RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Adus wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:

if you're talking about SA and/or 4chan, the reason SA banned it was was there were far too many creepy weirdos basically being perverts and pedophiles in the 2 different threads created about the subject, both of which were locked due to rampant creepyposting. eventually the mods just got sick of modding the MLP SA thread and decided fuck it, we'll just ban discussion of it from the site because it's too much of a pain in the ass to deal with. basically the reasoning behind and implementation of a ban of MLP discussion from SA was the exact same as the reasoning behind and implementation of the ban of anime discussion on PA

the reason 4chan banned it was, and i quote, "MLP fans are too annoying"

Rent on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy fans are too annoying.
    Football fans are too annoying.
    Movie-goers are too annoying.
    People who drink are too annoying.

Oh look, everything can have intolerance.

I'm not endorsing 4chan, i'm just saying that that was their reasoning behind the ban was not anywhere close as "No, the reason MLP is verboten on some forums is that there's holier-than-thou geese who just have to get bent all sorts of out of shape just because someone else is partaking in a hobby that is not hurting any other person in the entire universe, ultimately turning it into some crusade that they just have to campaign for ad nauseum. Emphasis on nauseum."

The PA forum and SA forum aren't the only two on the internet! :P

But anyway I wasn't saying you were endorsing 4chan, just pointing out that people get up in arms and silly about stupid crap. MLP-hate isn't any different than the hate directed at any other show or series / genre / whatever.

• Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    129764660282.png

please?

also the SA threads got regularly invaded by haters also pony fans can be hella obnoxious and eventually the mods just didn't want to put up with that anymore

I remember when rolo started the girly thread in SE++ I asked if we could talk about ponies and he was quite unhappy!

So I didn't talk about ponies. But there's a thread for it anyway.

edited August 2011
    Adus wrote:

That is the reason, the only reason and sshhh.

this gif originated from Gaf but whatever it's perfect
    ig]

Tube on
    That image made me learn something new.

I can spittake with toothpaste.

can we not post mlp image macros

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Man, uhm, yeah, well, eh.

Fuck off and die.
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    In other news:

I find this comic to be quite entertaining!

BLM - ACAB
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote:

I don't even enjoy MLP, but I can understand the appeal.

Anyways, this is ridiculously offtopic, and more to the comic: I enjoy the cosplayers at PAX (dressed up as an engineer for '09), and saw some amazing costumes this year.

"hobby"

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    a hobby horse, if you will

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    whoa that's huge

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    That's awesome. It's also inaccurate. She's not topping forward from the weight of her extended hair.

• Saber-ScorpionSaber-Scorpion Registered User new member
    edited August 2011
    That Gabe is hilarious.

This comic was great. I was already laughing at the joke, and then Derpy showed up and made it even worse. I think my jaw almost split in two from grinning like an idiot. Ow.
    Rent wrote:
    if you're talking about SA and/or 4chan, the reason SA banned it was was there were far too many creepy weirdos
    A lot of those creepy weirdos were trolls trying to get the thread banned. The SA fans made a spinoff forum about ponies that is still the cleanest MLP:FiM forum on the Internet. Just saying.

Saber-Scorpion on
    This is not Gabe or Tyco, but she was at PAX and her costume is quite impressive:

QkAYY.jpg

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:
    Remember when people use to not give a shit about what other people were harmlessly doing?

Neither do I.

Yeah that's not ringing a bell.

• Indica1Indica1 Registered User regular
    What is the driving force behind the pony thing? Is it just meant to confuse and annoy people who aren't hip to it? Is it a symbolic reference to some horrible sexual fetish? Do people really watch the show?

If the president had any real power, he'd be able to live wherever the fuck he wanted.
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    it's a fucking tv show

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I have absolutely no clue what video game that is, but the cosplay is outstanding.